Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274
Results 10,921 to 10,933 of 10933
    Senior Member Three Rings Pr1ce's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ, 2.7t engine...
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I bought a car and it has Red injectors..... I've never seen complete red injectors... any ideas or thoughts?

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

they have any part numbers on them?
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

Senior Member Three Rings VAGlover's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4, 02(6spd)and AMB(1.8t), a slow progreassion into a track car.
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by NickTerry View Post
    Has anyone rebuilt b6 s4 rear calipers? I took the piston out and just replaced the main seals because I didn't want to deal with the ebrake stuff. I am trying to turn the piston back onto the shaft but it doesn't seem to want to go. It feels like it gets hung up. Is there a specific tool I am missing? Is there a trick I haven't come across?
    It needs to be turned and pressed at the same time with the appropriate piston screw/press tool and adapter. It will not just screw back in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings Pr1ce's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ, 2.7t engine...
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    they have any part numbers on them?
    I'll get those when I get home but I think they maybe from foveomotorsport but not sure really

Still puzzled at red lol

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What front inner cv boot should I get? ECS' fitment details are confusing. 8E0498201D looks like the right one but states it's only for cars from VIN 8E-5-035001 and my car is 8E-4-096314 so it's before that VIN split and supposedly won't fit.

My car is an '04 1.8T Quattro with 6 speed manual, 02X trans, which I thought was the same for '04-'05 and B7s with 2.0T?
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Active Member Two Rings Nigel_S's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Welp this happened cant seem to find a light silver metallic lower valance around will this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings crazyquik22023's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_S View Post
    Welp this happened cant seem to find a light silver metallic lower valance around will this work?

The valance only comes in grey, if you want it silver you will need to have it painted.

Established Member Three Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Can any wiring/electrical gurus advise me on wire gauge to use? Looking to run some heated seats wiring.
    The wiring diagram indicates wire sizes in mm2. I used conversion tables to look them up, but some are not close enough. Is my conversion accurate or should I change some sizes?
    Specified in mm2 = Converted in AWG
    0.22 = 24
    0.35 = 22
    0.5 = 20
    1.0 = 18
    2.5 = 14

Is it better to err on the side of using the next thicker wire so to have a lower resistance? I cannot find odd numbered gauge wires in the usual hardware stores, which is why I used the closest even AWG size.

Conversion table: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/wire/awg-to-mm.htm
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_S View Post
    [/url]
    Have you tried popping it back on? It snaps into place by pushing the top part in.
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2
    WTB: 4G0601025BQ or 8E0601025BD Wheels

Established Member Two Rings Pswish's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Suzuki VStrom 650

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Can any wiring/electrical gurus advise me on wire gauge to use? Looking to run some heated seats wiring.
    The wiring diagram indicates wire sizes in mm2. I used conversion tables to look them up, but some are not close enough. Is my conversion accurate or should I change some sizes?
    Specified in mm2 = Converted in AWG
    0.22 = 24
    0.35 = 22
    0.5 = 20
    1.0 = 18
    2.5 = 14

Is it better to err on the side of using the next thicker wire so to have a lower resistance? I cannot find odd numbered gauge wires in the usual hardware stores, which is why I used the closest even AWG size.

Conversion table: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/wire/awg-to-mm.htm
    I would err on bigger. Resistance causes voltage drop and heat damage. Keep your wires the same size through the system to limit uneven wiring loads.
    Early 04 1.8T Dolphin Grey A4, 156k miles and counting, often in bay area traffic, HIDs lows and fogs, ECS Snub mount, Vag-Com, AllDIYData.com access, Photographer.

Established Member Three Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pswish View Post
    I would err on bigger. Resistance causes voltage drop and heat damage. Keep your wires the same size through the system to limit uneven wiring loads.
    Thank you!
    I'll try to get as close as possible to the pigtail wire size coming out of the switches and err on the bigger size, so I don't create any resistance spots at the butt connectors between the two wires.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Established Member Two Rings Pswish's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Suzuki VStrom 650

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Thank you!
    I'll try to get as close as possible to the pigtail wire size coming out of the switches and err on the bigger size, so I don't create any resistance spots at the butt connectors between the two wires.
    If you use butt connectors, use dielectric grease on each connection to ensure longer life, reduce corrosion, and reduce surface sparking (causes lost voltage).
    Early 04 1.8T Dolphin Grey A4, 156k miles and counting, often in bay area traffic, HIDs lows and fogs, ECS Snub mount, Vag-Com, AllDIYData.com access, Photographer.

Active Member Two Rings Nigel_S's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by crazyquik22023 View Post
    The valance only comes in grey, if you want it silver you will need to have it painted.
    I guess Ill get it painted the other one was already messed up. Thanks alot !

Quote Originally Posted by WillŽnskraft View Post
    Have you tried popping it back on? It snaps into place by pushing the top part in.
    I did try but it wouldnt go back together and then it completely snapped off leaving an ugly empty space there.