Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298 LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,880 of 11897
    Established Member Two Rings zach.odell's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Touareg Exec, 2011 Chevy Silverado 5.3 LT

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    I would have them show you exactly what they're talking about and then explain why it's a problem.
    there shouldnít be any problems with them

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 6M Avant, 2016 GMC Acadia

So I have been having my oil changed in my B6 A4 3.0 Avant at my local Audi shop every 5K miles for many years. its $120 +-. The car has 205,000 miles and this has obviously been going well as the car keep hammering out a daily driver mile after mile, year after year. But my weekend and fun drive car is a B8 S4 with 80,000 miles. I recently bought a Schwaben Fluid Extractor to do 5K oil changes between the scheduled factory service every 10K miles. I'm able to do the whole oil change and filter in the S4. But the A4 I'm skipping the filter change until the 10K trip to the shop. Does anyone think this is a problem in the A4 know that the oil is Amsoil Synthetic or similar and the filter is Mann?
    2004 A4 3.0 6M Avant Grey 205K.
    2013 S4 6M P+ B&O Black 82K.

Senior Member Three Rings auditi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    So I have been having my oil changed in my B6 A4 3.0 Avant at my local Audi shop every 5K miles for many years. its $120 +-. The car has 205,000 miles and this has obviously been going well as the car keep hammering out a daily driver mile after mile, year after year. But my weekend and fun drive car is a B8 S4 with 80,000 miles. I recently bought a Schwaben Fluid Extractor to do 5K oil changes between the scheduled factory service every 10K miles. I'm able to do the whole oil change and filter in the S4. But the A4 I'm skipping the filter change until the 10K trip to the shop. Does anyone think this is a problem in the A4 know that the oil is Amsoil Synthetic or similar and the filter is Mann?
    I don't know for sure, but I will pass on a tip I learned here in case you haven't heard... When changing the oil filter, use 1 or two thick plastic bags (ziplock or disposable ones from a liquor store), and put them over the filter, so when you spin it off, the oil, or at least most of it, falls in the bag instead of all over the place... A little will make it's way onto that ledge right below the filter, so clean that up. At this point, I spill more oil pouring the oil from the drain pan into the funnel than I do changing the oil filter... hahaha
    -'05 B6 A4 1.8T Quattro USP - Arctic White/Black, 6MT, unk chip, S4 brakes/SS lines, S4 grille, tint, PODI gauge, forge dv, Bose w/ Aux & Sub
    --USP Club Member #212

-'59 VW Bus
    -'01.5 B5 A4 1.8TQMS - Silver/Black, tint, M3 lip spoiler, Bose+sub, 1.3 bar custom Neuspeed p-chip, Evo MS CAI, 710n, H&R sports, S4 shocks, short shift, 19mm Neuspeed RSB, poly snub, Blitz dtt w/ red led's - sold

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018.MB.GLA250
    Items for Sale

Easy peasy. Push up behind the filter and spin it off. A lot easier than using a plastic bag;-)

A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / FT High Flow Exhaust Manifold / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi Boost Gauge
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module

Senior Member Three Rings auditi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Easy peasy. Push up behind the filter and spin it off. A lot easier than using a plastic bag;-)
    og, you come through again with brilliance!! That is easier! I'll be making myself one of those for my next oil change...
    -'05 B6 A4 1.8T Quattro USP - Arctic White/Black, 6MT, unk chip, S4 brakes/SS lines, S4 grille, tint, PODI gauge, forge dv, Bose w/ Aux & Sub
    --USP Club Member #212

-'59 VW Bus
    -'01.5 B5 A4 1.8TQMS - Silver/Black, tint, M3 lip spoiler, Bose+sub, 1.3 bar custom Neuspeed p-chip, Evo MS CAI, 710n, H&R sports, S4 shocks, short shift, 19mm Neuspeed RSB, poly snub, Blitz dtt w/ red led's - sold

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 6M Avant, 2016 GMC Acadia

Nice tips. Ill try the 1/2 gallon jug, and a rag or two.
    2004 A4 3.0 6M Avant Grey 205K.
    2013 S4 6M P+ B&O Black 82K.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

is it possible

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Where is the actual chime for the door located? Noticed mine stopped working but I don't recall ever coding it out. Dash and dome light come on so the car recognizes door is open, just no chime.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by my1stturbo View Post
    Where is the actual chime for the door located? Noticed mine stopped working but I don't recall ever coding it out. Dash and dome light come on so the car recognizes door is open, just no chime.
    buzzer speaker on instrument cluster
    2007 RS4 Sprint/Ebony, Ti, 109k
    JHM/Stasis/Milltek/oCarbon

RIP 2002 A4 2.0TQM Denim/Ebony, 243k
    FWD->AWD, Bische-tuned GT2871R

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
    buzzer speaker on instrument cluster
    Thanks. So guessing that isn't serviceable? How would I confirm if it was just coded out?

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by my1stturbo View Post
    Thanks. So guessing that isn't serviceable? How would I confirm if it was just coded out?
    No, it actually is. Just buy a replacement speaker and solder it in. Clicky Click

You would have to look at your current coding for the instrument cluster.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

I thought swapping the B7 HVAC face to the B6 unit was a direct swap... the face lights up but is blank. What am I missing here?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT - Winter

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

No, it actually is. Just buy a replacement speaker and solder it in. Clicky Click

You would have to look at your current coding for the instrument cluster.
    I thought it couldn't be coded out?

But yeah, I replaced mine because I left my lights on around a year ago and killed my battery.

Quick and easy fix.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    I thought it couldn't be coded out?

But yeah, I replaced mine because I left my lights on around a year ago and killed my battery.

Quick and easy fix.
    Certain buzzers and chimes can be coded out as far as I know. I'm not sure if it can be completely disabled. For the longest time, I thought mine was completely disabled (didn't make any sound since I bought the car) until I left my lights and my battery die as well. Then I found the buzzer was in fact bad.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Established Member Two Rings Jakal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

questions you thought were too dumb to ask

IMG_7683.jpg
    IMG_7684.JPG
    Iíve got the front of the car off right now. According to the records of the car the timing belt has been on around for 44,000 miles and was put on in May 2011. Should I just replace it or leave it?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
    IMG_7683.jpg
    IMG_7684.JPG
    Iíve got the front of the car off right now. According to the records of the car the timing belt has been on around for 44,000 miles and was put on in May 2011. Should I just replace it or leave it?
    The belt looks to be in decent shape. The markings are still on it. I would say you're fine, but if you've already got the parts ready to go and the car taken apart, I would replace it.

AZ Member #

The belt looks to be in decent shape. The markings are still on it. I would say you're fine, but if you've already got the parts ready to go and the car taken apart, I would replace it.
    ECS has their kits on sale and today is the last day so Iím looking to see if I should buy or not. Would be nice to save the money for now as Iím looking to replace my current k03 and go stage 1+.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

ECS has their kits on sale and today is the last day so Iím looking to see if I should buy or not. Would be nice to save the money for now as Iím looking to replace my current k03 and go stage 1+.
    You could always stock up for later, haha.

What's wrong with your current KO3? You don't need to replace the turbo to go stage 1+

AZ Member #

You could always stock up for later, haha.

What's wrong with your current KO3? You don't need to replace the turbo to go stage 1+
    The thing is id rather not have to take the whole front off again haha. And thereís shaft play (itís got 124,000 miles on it) and I figure I might as well replace it if Iím going to be putting more stress on the turbo. In reality I just have a bad habit of spending money and wanting to replace parts.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

The thing is id rather not have to take the whole front off again haha. And thereís shaft play (itís got 124,000 miles on it) and I figure I might as well replace it if Iím going to be putting more stress on the turbo. In reality I just have a bad habit of spending money and wanting to replace parts.
    I know what you mean, haha. In that case I would just replace it for peace of mind.

Some shaft play is normal for a turbo with that many miles, it's probably fine. Unless there's like excessive shaft play.

Veteran Member Four Rings freeloader700's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4 1.8TQM, 89 Mustang 2.3L

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for B6 A4 seats and B8 S4 seats? Have not had much luck getting good prints.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2003 A4 1.8TQM // Motoza K04 Hybrid // Franken F21// 550cc // TR18T // Test Pipe // FSI Coils // Forge Splitter // 034 RSB & End Links // V710 Gunmetal 19x8.5

→→FrankenTurbo F21 BUILD←←

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Is there a way to check the flywheel without pulling either the engine or tranny?

Ever since I've owned the car, shifting has never been smooth. It's always a chore to shift smoothly, it either slams into gear or makes like a clunk kind of sound. Every now and then I can feel the pedals....not vibrate, but like kick back or pulse or something.

I haven't looked to see if there's any kind of cover over the clutch/flywheel, but if there isn't, can I try to turn the flywheel back and forth or anything to see if the dual-mass portion has failed?

I'm pretty certain it has, but I don't want to drop a grand on a jhm clutch setup if that won't fix the problem...
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I know people normally have questions on how to add a key to an IMMO car, but is there a way to remove a key that's stored in IMMO?

Perhaps clear memory and re sync all but the missing key? A friend of mine lost one of his fobs and believes someone stole it and is worried about his vehicle being stolen.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I know people normally have questions on how to add a key to an IMMO car, but is there a way to remove a key that's stored in IMMO?

Perhaps clear memory and re sync all but the missing key? A friend of mine lost one of his fobs and believes someone stole it and is worried about his vehicle being stolen.
    Had a similar thing happen with my wife's Jeep, that's no fun at all.
    I believe you can clear all keys, and re-add any keys still available. Pretty sure you can't remove them individually. Same with the FOB programming.
    2001.5 A4 1.8TQM: F21, Motoza E85/750cc/3" MAF/3bar MAP, 3" HFC, custom 2.5" exhaust, TR18T FMIC, DW200 pump, I.E. con rods, Eibach coilovers, 034 RSB, A8/TT front & S4 rear brakes, SS brake lines, JHM SS/linkage, B7 RS4 clutch, 4:1 center diff, 034 street mounts, E-fan, Apikol diff mount, Stern diff bushings, Nexus 7 HU, custom sound system, bixenon, sport cloths

2001.5 S4 Avant: JHM shifter, 3" exhaust, Stage 1, receiving lots of love ($$$)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan View Post
    Had a similar thing happen with my wife's Jeep, that's no fun at all.
    I believe you can clear all keys, and re-add any keys still available. Pretty sure you can't remove them individually. Same with the FOB programming.
    Yeah, everything I've read with various IMMO (II, III etc) you can only add individually or all at once. No individual removal, like you said.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

The 3.2 FSI engine, looks like it's pretty similar to the S4 V8. Chains are a concern, but is the 3.2 also prone to cylinder scratching the the V8? Is the 3.2 an aluminum block?

AZ Member #

Yep, resync keys and specify only the number of keys you have rendering the stolen key useless.
    However, I believe the keyblade would still open the door.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #

Iím going stage 1+ and I have a question about a k03 rebuild. Is getting an upgraded kit with a 360 degree thrust bearing worth it? Will it throw anything off?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

Iím going stage 1+ and I have a question about a k03 rebuild. Is getting an upgraded kit with a 360 degree thrust bearing worth it? Will it throw anything off?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    why would you rebuild a k03... upgrade to f21 at the least and call it a day
    R.I.P. Sam - 7speed
    You're always one decision away from a totally different life

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pr1ce View Post
    why would you rebuild a k03... upgrade to f21 at the least and call it a day
    Would that be fine with the stage 1+ tune?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Would that be fine with the stage 1+ tune?
    No you'd most likely get tuning done through Motoza to go with the Frankenturbo

AZ Member #

No you'd most likely get tuning done through Motoza to go with the Frankenturbo
    After some looking I see that stage 1+ is fine but getting the frankenturbo is just not feesible at the moment. I have a stage 1+ ecu on the way and Iím adding the 034 hfc to my TT downpipe to magnaflow 16601. Just wanted to know if a 360 thrust bearing kit for the k03 would be worth it/compatible with the stage 1+. I feel itís probably not a problem, but wanted to ask, as Iím not knowledgeable about turbos.

AZ Member #

questions you thought were too dumb to ask

Last edited by Jakal; 02-19-2018 at 01:38 PM.

AZ Member #

Image1519071424.407328.jpgImage1519071494.886549.jpg

So whatíd I break? Yellow connector tab is broken, goes into the area with the tape on the left of the 2nd picture.

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

Image1519071424.407328.jpgImage1519071494.886549.jpg

So whatíd I break? Yellow connector tab is broken, goes into the area with the tape on the left of the 2nd picture.
    Air bag crash sensor. Anything with a yellow connector is related to an airbag in one way or another.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT - Winter

Active Member Two Rings squintsy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 3.0 6MT Avant-Daily, B6 A4 1.8T Tip Avant- project

when i roll up my passenger side window, it gets to the top, hesitates and then rolls back down like half way. what could be causing this?

Established Member Two Rings dalazybastard's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 A4 1.8tqm '01 A4 2.8qm '01 S4 '02 F350 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by squintsy View Post
    when i roll up my passenger side window, it gets to the top, hesitates and then rolls back down like half way. what could be causing this?
    I had the same thing happen on my b5, my pinch points were off. Someone will probably chime in with more experience on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '01 A4 1.8tqm (Pseudo-Daily) Light Silver Metallic
    stg 1 APR 91 - BBS RC326 w/ PS A/S3+

'01 A4 2.8qm (Daily) Brilliant Black
    17" Celebrations w/ PS A/S3+

'01 S4 6sp Imola Yellow (New Addition)

'05 Passat 1.8t 4mo. Wagon ***sold to parents
    '05 Corolla XRS ***sold

Senior Member Three Rings jpulll's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by squintsy View Post
    Possibly a bad drivers side window switch. I had a cursed window sometimes. Changed the switches out because they were peeling and havenít had issues since. Start with codes if you can though.

Sent from my iPhone
    2003 A4 1.8T 5-spd w/ Motoza 93/E85.

Active Member Two Rings squintsy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 3.0 6MT Avant-Daily, B6 A4 1.8T Tip Avant- project

Quote Originally Posted by jpulll View Post
    Possibly a bad drivers side window switch. I had a cursed window sometimes. Changed the switches out because they were peeling and havenít had issues since. Start with codes if you can though.

Sent from my iPhone
    It happens when using the passenger side switch as well. i have a half ass scanner i can see if it is showing any codes

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Can you get to the crank to put the motor at TDC without pulling the nose to get in service position? I just want to change VCG and CCT gasket on the 1.8.

Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298 LastLast