Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 278 of 286 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,120 of 11420
    Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Are you sure the vacuum hoses under the intake manifold are attached correctly? The SAI only runs on a cold start and then it shuts off.

This pic is gold....Added to my archives. Thanks Old Dude

Established Member Two Rings Moncion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Helllo audizine -

Ever since I bought my avant, sometimes when I turn on the headlights they trip ABS, Traction control, ebrake, and basically everything on the dash. The PO installed some sort of aftermarket bulb or ballasts so theyre those blue/white colour headlights. It seems like theyre taking too much power or something - I can take a video or something soon.

Any ideas?

Established Member Two Rings Pswish's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Suzuki VStrom 650

Quote Originally Posted by Moncion View Post
    Helllo audizine -

Ever since I bought my avant, sometimes when I turn on the headlights they trip ABS, Traction control, ebrake, and basically everything on the dash. The PO installed some sort of aftermarket bulb or ballasts so theyre those blue/white colour headlights. It seems like theyre taking too much power or something - I can take a video or something soon.

Any ideas?
    The HID ballast is too close to the ABS module causing your problem, make sure you ground it too.
    Early 04 1.8T Dolphin Grey A4, 156k miles and counting, often in bay area traffic, HIDs lows and fogs, ECS Snub mount, Vag-Com, AllDIYData.com access, Photographer.

Active Member One Ring kenny2many's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Gas cap

Sent from my LGLS676 using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings Arnie91's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Whats the best way to clean out the intercooler? It's been left open and disconnected for a while so I imagine its got a bit of dust, dirt and cobwebs up in that shizzle.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie91 View Post
    Whats the best way to clean out the intercooler? It's been left open and disconnected for a while so I imagine its got a bit of dust, dirt and cobwebs up in that shizzle.
    Soak it in some Degreaser and swish it around then let it hang and dry after you rinse it out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    APR exhaust, HFC, 225 injectors, APR II program, KO4, South Bend II endurance clutch and SMFW, Forge Tip+piping, Apikol SMIC, Stern motor+trans mounts, Stern Snub, 034 street density arms, Hotchkis sway bars, Lemforter links, Bilstein B8, B7 S4 calipers, powerstop braided lines, Centric drilled rotors, PowerStop Carbon Fiber pads, Timken bearings, Gates racing timing belt, DENSO IQ01-27 plugs, R8 coils, Motul Xcess 5w40, MANN 950/4 filter, gear300, CHF202, Motul RBF 660.

AZ Member #

Im working on finalising my engine, testing stuff out. I have a persistent water leak at the back on the coolant flange. I've checked the pipe connections and they are solid. What it looks like is that the coolant flange is not level on the back of the block. This is weird because it should be manufactured level. I know that when the car last overheated t hat this was the same flange, could overheating and running an engine with no coolant (sensors never went off) cause the flange to warp?

Ive unbolted it, and tried to see if it was torqed in at an angle but playing around with the bolts, definitely looks like its an issue with the flange.

Im hoping that re-ordering a new one will solve it, otherwise im kind of fucked.

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

the coolant flange on these engines goes bad if you look at it wrong, they suck. Uro tuning recently started selling a long needed aluminum version, which I'll be swaping in when mine goes again. https://www.urotuning.com/Cooling-Fl...FZJKDQodx3IEBQ.

The problem is they rely on a rubber oring and a flat surface to seal. The plastic gets to hot on the head over time and warps and the crushed orig no longer seals.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    the coolant flange on these engines goes bad if you look at it wrong, they suck. Uro tuning recently started selling a long needed aluminum version, which I'll be swaping in when mine goes again. https://www.urotuning.com/Cooling-Fl...FZJKDQodx3IEBQ.

The problem is they rely on a rubber oring and a flat surface to seal. The plastic gets to hot on the head over time and warps and the crushed orig no longer seals.
    Ah yes, the flange probably had less than 2000 miles on it but the Oring was flat as hell.
    Is there a warranty on the cast flange?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Ah yes, the flange probably had less than 2000 miles on it but the Oring was flat as hell.
    for the pain in the ass job that it is I would get that one I linked, it may seem a bit expensive but I would pay that twice to not have to do this job again, for the third time.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

I went to my local "powder coat store" and they quoted me $65 per caliper for 17z

Does that sound about right?
    I've never had anything PC before and curious if that's a "fair" price

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pr1ce View Post
    I went to my local "powder coat store" and they quoted me $65 per caliper for 17z

Are they doing the prep too? Sandblasting and such? If so, that's what I would charge to do a good job on them.

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Pr1ce View Post

Sounds right, maybe a little on the high side. But if they do a good job, it's worth it.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So, this happened after a short drive yesterday evening

Now, is this the proper kit to get for repair?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...FYmFswodW-cA7w

I want to fix this ASAP. Tired of smelling cooked coolant when I drive, and hemmoraging on chicks' driveways when I stay the night lol.

Also, what about this coupler?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

^ I have to tear them down removing boots and pistons etc .... they will sandblast them, powder them and clear them he said.

So it sounds like a fair price according to y'all so I guess I won't look further and I'll take em there

Thanks for the input guys

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCB View Post
    So, this happened after a short drive yesterday evening

Now, is this the proper kit to get for repair?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...FYmFswodW-cA7w

I want to fix this ASAP. Tired of smelling cooked coolant when I drive, and hemmoraging on chicks' driveways when I stay the night lol.

Also, what about this coupler?
    No, do not get that kit. Get an OEM flange only, not aftermarket.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #

Thanks... So this is the one then?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...06b121132ekt3/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

That's a kit that you could get. Honestly, you don't really need anything else except the flange and the o-ring(that already comes with it). So this is all you really need. Click The sensor is easy to change at any time so it makes no sense to do it as a 'while you're in there' type deal.

One other thing about that kit is it's not really the right hardware AFAIK. There should be one stud along with a nut. There is a stud for the oil hard line to mount onto and the nut holds that hard line to the stud. There is no nut in that kit. You also don't need 2 of those studs, there's only 1 hard line back there that needs to be secured.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by customa4 View Post
    No, do not get that kit. Get an OEM flange only, not aftermarket.
    dont even get an oem one, get the uro tuning aluminum one and never deal with the crap plastic again. https://www.urotuning.com/Cooling-Fl...FYiEswodBJcK1w

Senior Member Three Rings G.AUDI's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK6 GTI

dont even get an oem one, get the uro tuning aluminum one and ner deal with the crap plastic again. https://www.urotuning.com/Cooling-Fl...FYiEswodBJcK1w
    I second this... Installed for a year now with no issues

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Don't bother reattaching the turbo oil supply to the flange. It's just another thing to bend and put tension on the flange. It's plenty secure if it's mounted everywhere else

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jacobsen; 04-19-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    APR exhaust, HFC, 225 injectors, APR II program, KO4, South Bend II endurance clutch and SMFW, Forge Tip+piping, Apikol SMIC, Stern motor+trans mounts, Stern Snub, 034 street density arms, Hotchkis sway bars, Lemforter links, Bilstein B8, B7 S4 calipers, powerstop braided lines, Centric drilled rotors, PowerStop Carbon Fiber pads, Timken bearings, Gates racing timing belt, DENSO IQ01-27 plugs, R8 coils, Motul Xcess 5w40, MANN 950/4 filter, gear300, CHF202, Motul RBF 660.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

dont even get an oem one, get the uro tuning aluminum one and never deal with the crap plastic again. https://www.urotuning.com/Cooling-Fl...FYiEswodBJcK1w
    Quote Originally Posted by G.AUDI View Post
    I second this... Installed for a year now with no issues

I installed my OEM coolant flange back in January of 2014(over 3 years ago) when I did my cylinder head. I've put almost 60k miles on the car and the coolant flange is just fine.

Senior Member Three Rings G.AUDI's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK6 GTI

I wish that was true for me but after a couple of replacements (OEM too) I gave the metal one a shot and have been happy so far.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

I installed my OEM coolant flange back in January of 2014(over 3 years ago) when I did my cylinder head. I've put almost 60k miles on the car and the coolant flange is just fine.
    Mines leaking after a year ~80k miles

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Get the now spring model. Easy to install and reuse.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
    for the pain in the ass job that it is I would get that one I linked, it may seem a bit expensive but I would pay that twice to not have to do this job again, for the third time.
    I got the EGR delete so it's easy to get to really.

New flange came today, secured on perfectly. I'm so surprised this flange warped within three months of use.

AZ Member #

PVC and Vacuum Delete Regrets.....

Veteran Member Four Rings redline380's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    3 B5's
    Items for Sale

Dude you have a massive vacuum leak. I deleted all that crap off my 01, don't have an maf either, and it idles smoother than a mostly stock evo that was over at my house
    ďIím blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.Ē Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich

2001 A4 1.8TQMS Mods- GT2871R, Maestro, All things that are good. Build Thread
    2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS- Daily Driver
    2000 S4- Working?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by redline380 View Post
    Dude you have a massive vacuum leak. I deleted all that crap off my 01, don't have an maf either, and it idles smoother than a mostly stock evo that was over at my house
    Could it be due to the manifold not being bolted on fully? I've got like 2 bolts torqued down. Everything else Is either plug up or not connected.

Veteran Member Four Rings redline380's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    3 B5's
    Items for Sale

Could it be due to the manifold not being bolted on fully? I've got like 2 bolts torqued down. Everything else Is either plug up or not connected.

Absolutely
    ďIím blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.Ē Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich

2001 A4 1.8TQMS Mods- GT2871R, Maestro, All things that are good. Build Thread
    2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS- Daily Driver
    2000 S4- Working?

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ, 2007 Audi A4 2.0TQ

I tried pairing my key fobs today, but got flashing immobilizer and arrow flashing light. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?

EDIT: The buttons on the remote work i.e. LOCK/UNLOCK/PANIC

I followed Ross Tech's instruction video

Last edited by WillŽnskraft; 04-21-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2

AZ Member #

One other thing about that kit is it's not really the right hardware AFAIK. There should be one stud along with a nut. There is a stud for the oil hard line to mount onto and the nut holds that hard line to the stud. There is no nut in that kit. You also don't need 2 of those studs, there's only 1 hard line back there that needs to be secured.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Mine has two studs, each stud having two nuts, each nut holding something down. Maybe the '03 is different?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WillŽnskraft View Post
    I tried pairing my key fobs today, but got flashing immobilizer and arrow flashing light. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?

EDIT: The buttons on the remote work i.e. LOCK/UNLOCK/PANIC

I followed Ross Tech's instruction video

You still have to adapt the keys. Remote function is only half of it.

2004 A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
    2005 A4 1.8T 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rocket1420 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Mine has two studs, each stud having two nuts, each nut holding something down. Maybe the '03 is different?
    The reason for the stud is to have a nut securing something there. In the picture below, you can see there is a stud, with a nut securing the oil hard line to the stud. There is no reason to have another stud since there is nothing else that needs to be secured. I'm not saying the stud wouldn't work, just that it's not necessary.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asg1290 View Post
    You still have to adapt the keys. Remote function is only half of it.
    Is the PIN the SKC number?

Established Member Four Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is the PIN the SKC number?
    Yes
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender and both front doors.

AZ Member #

The reason for the stud is to have a nut securing something there. In the picture below, you can see there is a stud, with a nut securing the oil hard line to the stud. There is no reason to have another stud since there is nothing else that needs to be secured. I'm not saying the stud wouldn't work, just that it's not necessary.
    Yeah, I know what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that there's something secured there on mine. I don't remember what. I'll have to go look.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4, 2009 CC VR6 Sport, 2013 A5 B8
    Items for Sale

On the 03 model there is something secured to each stud. On the driver side it is the hard pipe that connects the PRV to the PCV. The stud on the other side connects the oil line.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo/ Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / FT 3" TIP / Bailey's DV / TyrolSport SMIC / FT High Flow Exhaust Manifold / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi Boost Gauge / Neuspeed Snub / Plus a few more goodies
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Yes
    I just read imnuts SKC retrieval guide. Is the VAG Commander absolutely required or can I just use a HEX CAN to pull the code?

Established Member Four Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just read imnuts SKC retrieval guide. Is the VAG Commander absolutely required or can I just use a HEX CAN to pull the code?
    VCDS will not read SKC.
    Look up cschuster's instructions for swapping clusters. There are steps to retrieve SKC.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender and both front doors.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Get the now spring model. Easy to install and reuse.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by redline380 View Post
    Absolutely
    Got the manifold on, it runs but still really badly, and needs a lot of gas.

Ive just discovered a problem made by a rogue mechanic. Hes cut off one of the rods from the exhausting housing that joins onto the cat converter, the bolt has been cut, and there was a cut bolt which he used to replace it, but it wasnt secure. Now there's a gap in the exhaust between the downpipe and the exhaust housing, and its making a horrible horse sound as air spurts out. Im hoping the problem is this? This is going to be an impossible fix..