Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1485 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 485985138514351475148314841485
Results 59,361 to 59,391 of 59391
    Senior Member Three Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Law View Post
    When you find out let me know. I have mine just sitting in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ding ding ding. Sitting there is "good enough". I trimmed off the front piece that is just hanging there. I bought an RS4 coolant overflow tank bc it has the mount for the ball-pin, but I realized too late that the return line on S4/RS4s is not in the front like with a 2.0T...it is in the rear, so, that didn't work. There are 2 other mount points, but they require a mixture of overpriced pieces to get them to work. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Painted my rotors and added custom "S" embossed clips.

Senior Member Two Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

alright will do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

The S4ís B6 one clips in to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Senior Member Two Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350

Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    I got this and the rain tray today. I know I saw another member with it installed. I have to figure out how they mounted it inside the engine bay.

Thereís sort of a write up here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-install/page2

While it does look nice and neat when installed, Iím wondering if there is any real purpose for this cover. I mean, the battery rain tray cover I definitely see a reason for it, as it keeps out water and leaves, but why a need to cover the washer tank?
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

Established Member Three Rings B7S3wannabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 ZCP Competition M3

Quote Originally Posted by WewannaB7 View Post
    Thereís sort of a write up here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-install/page2

While it does look nice and neat when installed, Iím wondering if there is any real purpose for this cover. I mean, the battery rain tray cover I definitely see a reason for it, as it keeps out water and leaves, but why a need to cover the washer tank?
    Aesthetics only. I had to have one so I paid the big bucks from ECS for both it and the rain tray. Cleans up the bay so nicely. I just laid the cover and tucked it under the rubber seal around the engine bay. It doesn't move and makes it very easy to remove if i need to do work.

Ignore the upside down oil cap please.
    2006 Sline A4 Quattro 2.0T | JHM K04R | JHM Tuning | JHM HPFP Upgrade, S3 Injectors, RS4 Fuel Controller | R8 Ignition Coils | APR Carbonio CAI | AWE FMIC | Golf R Intake Camshaft | JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley | USP Test Pipe, Europaparts Catback w/ RS4 Tips | RS4 Front & Rear Brakes w/ JHM Rotors | Stern Adjustable UCAs | STX Coilovers | Miro 111s |

Senior Member Two Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350

Quote Originally Posted by B7S3wannabi View Post
    Aesthetics only. I had to have one so I paid the big bucks from ECS for both it and the rain tray. Cleans up the bay so nicely. I just laid the cover and tucked it under the rubber seal around the engine bay. It doesn't move and makes it very easy to remove if i need to do work.

Hmmm, over $300 for the full set of covers. Well, at least it looks nice. :)
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2000 Audi TT; 2008 Mercedes A180

I changed my DV valve yesterday back to the Rev D. Boost hits real nice and holds at 12psi. Iím really happy with that right now. Should see a little more after the retune. The one the tuner installed a is a Forged valve. Wasnít quite doing its job. Somehow was causing a pretty big leak and had me putting around at about 7 psi.

In other news, the YouTube Roadkill guys came to the UK and did a little meet at EBC Brakes headquarters. Pretty cool.

Iíll post pics up soon. Donít have good cell reception right now.

Sent from my iPhone 12
    Brilliant Red B7 // EFR 7163 w/S3 injectors and stock internals // Meth Injection // Rotiform BLQs // Eibach Springs w/Koni Shocks // Raxles // Custom Front Mount - Treadstone // Lightweight Crank Pulley // Thor Skid Plate // 18Z Upgrade // S-100 Touch Screen // RS-4 Sway Bar // Custom Catback // Snub Mount // JHM upgraded fuel pump internals // ACTechnic Blackout Boost Gauge in PodI // Seat Cupra Splitter

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WewannaB7 View Post

Thanks for the link. Yeah itís purely aesthetic, like the VR6 guys with the polished valve covers

Quote Originally Posted by B7S3wannabi View Post

I think your picture was the one I saw. Yeah another write up I found online says it just sits in the engine bay.

Senior Member Two Rings RickB_7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4

I think you need a s4 coolant reservoir as it has extra mounting locations for that cover. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Senior Member Three Rings klrider44's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Speaking of rain trays...just put mine on today. Along with a new set of wiper blades

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Quote Originally Posted by RickB_7 View Post
    I think you need a s4 coolant reservoir as it has extra mounting locations for that cover. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes. Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Senior Member Four Rings impulse's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 B7 A4 - 2.7t Swapped ish, 8P A3 - 3.2L VR6
    Items for Sale

whoah congrats that was an awesome read!

Thank you! Appreciate it!

Joe
    @jg_iii_
    Check out my progression thread - http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Picture-Heavy)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RAudiB7A4 View Post
    Went into full on 4x4 rally car mode for the winter. #hatersgonnahate
    Winter Mode 2017 by Tony Mollert, on Flickr
    I'm digging this setup. Might make me paint my winters black. Where did you get the sidewall paint and the mud flaps.

Veteran Member Four Rings RAudiB7A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport AWD

Quote Originally Posted by klrider44 View Post
    I'm digging this setup. Might make me paint my winters black. Where did you get the sidewall paint and the mud flaps.

Plasti-dip. Thatís what I did just in case I didnít like it. The the tire stickers from tirestickers.com and the mud flaps from Rally Armor.
    DTM B7 A4_APR STG II+_RS4 & S4 Pards_S4 Recaros_S4 Peelers_Etc....

--Build Thread Link

AZ Member #

Speaking of rain trays...just put mine on today. Along with a new set of wiper blades

Iím hoping to do mine today except I didnít know the cover for the top of the battery is sold separately, really Audi? Iíll install and buy that separately put it in next week maybe.

AZ Member #

Iím hoping to do mine today except I didnít know the cover for the top of the battery is sold separately, really Audi? Iíll install and buy that separately put it in next week maybe.

Yea I picked mine up used, and the tabs for battery cover are actually all broken so it's just kinda floating on there at the moment. I was maybe gonna buy one from eBay, but wasn't sure if the China ones would fit okay.

AZ Member #

Yea I picked mine up used, and the tabs for battery cover are actually all broken so it's just kinda floating on there at the moment. I was maybe gonna buy one from eBay, but wasn't sure if the China ones would fit okay.

Yeah I hear ya but for a piece of plastic if you can spare money why not? But I also know what itís like to see something that doesnít fit properly and bugs the crap out of you.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

I use a B6 3.0L coolant overflow tank since it has the mounting point on the top right corner. I just blocked the extra port with a vaccum plug.

The other mounting point is the windshield fluid reservoir top screw. The cover has an horseshoe clip that mounts on the proper attachement that replaces the screw.

Both can be seem in the above picture.

The third mounting point would require drilling in the rad support since it differs from the V6/V8ís so F it. 2/3 mounting points is plenty.

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GTX2863R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen

Senior Member Four Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Scooped up a DTM bumper today. It was in the correct color for my car but sadly has paint damage so it will need a respray. It came with all 4 of those expensive little grilles and all the damage is in the paint, the plastic itself is perfect and the mounting tabs arenít broken at all, so it was still a pretty damn good deal! Canít wait to get this thing some proper paint and throw it on the ol girl!

2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | DTM
    Go: K04 | ST Coilovers | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS Short Shifter | JHM Clutch | USP HFC | Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes
    Show: Panda Recaros | RS4 Grille | Votex Spoiler | OEM CF Trim | S4 Mirrors | Black Ext. Trim | CC + Joey Mod Bixenons | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Tint | 034 Adj. UCAs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonts View Post
    Scooped up a DTM bumper today. It was in the correct color for my car but sadly has paint damage so it will need a respray. It came with all 4 of those expensive little grilles and all the damage is in the paint, the plastic itself is perfect and the mounting tabs arenít broken at all, so it was still a pretty damn good deal! Canít wait to get this thing some proper paint and throw it on the ol girl!

So jelly

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonts View Post

Looks like you got some pussy with it too.
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full

:: Seller feedback ::

His: Nothing. Still searching
    Hers: 2008 Ibis Ti Avant 6MT - Bagged Unicorn
    RIP: 2006 DG Avant Tip

Established Member Two Rings tigger_78's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Also installed the left side engine bay cover...got a great deal ($35) on a used one off eBay. Now just waiting on the battery tray cover I ordered from Amazon, and maybe convince myself that the R8 oil cap is worth getting.

Didn't realize until now that there are two different versions (not talking about the smooth vs textured surface) of the cover. This one is off a B6 and unlike the recent ones posted above, it isn't a straight line from the coolant reservoir forward. Needed 30 seconds of minor deremelling to make room for the big rad hose. I zip tied the front notch to the pre-existing support rather than buying the pieces for the mounting point. With that in place it pressure fits nicely so I'm not going to bother with the other two mounting points either.
    2008 A4 3.2 Avant Titanium Ibis White
    2008 A3 3.2 S-Line Ice Silver (for the missus)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Some shots from over the weekend by my buddy Kieran

Joe
    @jg_iii_
    Check out my progression thread - http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Picture-Heavy)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post

I use a B6 3.0L coolant overflow tank since it has the mounting point on the top right corner. I just blocked the extra port with a vaccum plug.

The other mounting point is the windshield fluid reservoir top screw. The cover has an horseshoe clip that mounts on the proper attachement that replaces the screw.

Both can be seem in the above picture.

The third mounting point would require drilling in the rad support since it differs from the V6/V8ís so F it. 2/3 mounting points is plenty.
    Nice, I think I'm going to put in my raintray today but I'll leave the other cover until Sprint/Summer and get the bolts, spacers and grommets.

Established Member Two Rings tigger_78's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I bought a Chinese knock off awhile back and yeah...I'd stay away. It came with two tabs already broken and the rest broke within a couple of weeks. Went right into the trash. Fortunately it took forever to arrive and I'd already submitted a claim so didn't end up paying for it.

Going to try and reinforce the OE one I ordered with JB weld before installing.
    2008 A4 3.2 Avant Titanium Ibis White
    2008 A3 3.2 S-Line Ice Silver (for the missus)

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2000 Audi TT; 2008 Mercedes A180

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_78 View Post
    I bought a Chinese knock off awhile back and yeah...I'd stay away. It came with two tabs already broken and the rest broke within a couple of weeks. Went right into the trash. Fortunately it took forever to arrive and I'd already submitted a claim so didn't end up paying for it.

Going to try and reinforce the OE one I ordered with JB weld before installing.
    I bought a Chinese one and itís worked great from the get go. Sorry to hear your experience was so bad.

Sent from my iPhone 12
    Brilliant Red B7 // EFR 7163 w/S3 injectors and stock internals // Meth Injection // Rotiform BLQs // Eibach Springs w/Koni Shocks // Raxles // Custom Front Mount - Treadstone // Lightweight Crank Pulley // Thor Skid Plate // 18Z Upgrade // S-100 Touch Screen // RS-4 Sway Bar // Custom Catback // Snub Mount // JHM upgraded fuel pump internals // ACTechnic Blackout Boost Gauge in PodI // Seat Cupra Splitter

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by impulse View Post

Some shots from over the weekend by my buddy Kieran

Gorgeous man. Love what you've done.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by rhfosu View Post
    Gorgeous man. Love what you've done.
    Thank you! Appreciate it

Joe
    @jg_iii_

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by impulse View Post
    Thank you! Appreciate it

What's that paint code, btw?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RAudiB7A4 View Post
    Went into full on 4x4 rally car mode for the winter. #hatersgonnahate
    That actually looks really good on your car. Nice!