Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1462 of 1462 FirstFirst ... 462962136214121452146014611462
Results 58,441 to 58,456 of 58456
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Thats it. Shit i thought it was more stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Audizine mobile app
    Nope. Easiest is actually the pull the engine & trans together, especially if you're working without a lift. Accessing the bellhousing bolts on the ground is a PITA so why bother. Driveshaft bolts are easier

Quote Originally Posted by impulse View Post
    When I pulled my b5's 2.8 I dropped the trans, motor and subframe and suspension as a whole, it wasn't very hard at all. Then again I cut some hoses since the motor wasn't going back into the car Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's how a lot of shops do it. Just drop the whole thing straight down
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full

:: Seller feedback ::

His: Nothing. Still searching
    Hers: 2008 Ibis Ti Avant 6MT - Bagged Unicorn
    RIP: 2006 DG Avant Tip

Senior Member Four Rings impulse's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 B7 A4 - 2.7t Swapped ish, 8P A3 - 3.2L VR6
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Nope. Easiest is actually the pull the engine & trans together, especially if you're working without a lift. Accessing the bellhousing bolts on the ground is a PITA>

That's how a lot of shops do it. Just drop the whole thing straight down
    I think it's probably an easier and less stressful method than trying to get to all of the bolts that hold the trans to the motor

Joe
    @jg_iii_
    Check out my progression thread - http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Picture-Heavy)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

I think it's probably an easier and less stressful method than trying to get to all of the bolts that hold the trans to the motor
    It is. If you are working on a lift and have a high lift transmission jack, it's not that hard to separate the two, but otherwise it's a pain.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

Well, to be fair, it takes a lot longer to reinstall the engine when you donít pay attention and forget to tighten engine grounds.

And letís be real, Tankdeer says pulling a bumper is a ď5 minute jobĒ so take his time estimates with a grain of salt. Particularly if youíve never done t before or if you donít have 4 other people standing around in your garage heckling you. I mean helping.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Veteran Member Four Rings aluthman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Bellhousing bolts aren't that bad if you own some extensions and a wobble joint.
    -Adam

'07 DTM A4 2.0T|6MT|EFR 7163 Twin Scroll|DoTuning|Built Motor|Meth and other go fast stuffÖ
    '06 A4 2.0T Quattro - RIP (Best ľ mile pass 13.634 @ 103.30)

Veteran Member Four Rings pw211's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Sometimes I try to ride my cat around my apartment
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Well, to be fair, it takes a lot longer to reinstall the engine when you donít pay attention and forget to tighten engine grounds.

And letís be real, Tankdeer says pulling a bumper is a ď5 minute jobĒ so take his time estimates with a grain of salt. Particularly if youíve never done t before or if you donít have 4 other people standing around in your garage heckling you. I mean helping.
    Oh did Pat leave out that he had a person at each wheel well, one turning the steering wheel, and one over the hood? Pit crew style, that'll come off in 5 minutes!
    Pat
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    P.I.I.T.B
    IG: pwwhite
    "I bet if Sean posted a picture of toast it would get 50 likes. And more than 3 people would say 'specs?'" - Solarsuplex

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post

If you take more than 5-10 minutes to remove the bumper there is something wrong with you.

And I timed it last time we pulled a 2.7t from an allroad. Almost exactly 4 hours from wheels up to engine out. If you have never done it before it still shouldn't take you longer than 8 at most. And that's planning a lot of down time.

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjamms View Post
    This may belong in the stupid questions but, does a massive intercooler like that stop the radiator doing its job properly?
    I have the same fmic . It doesnt effect it at all imo
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

WTF kind of lift is that ...............
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites

Senior Member Four Rings impulse's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 B7 A4 - 2.7t Swapped ish, 8P A3 - 3.2L VR6
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    WTF kind of lift is that ...............
    Ceiling hoist haha. The car was going to junk so we just grabbed it by the frame rails. That was also my first motor pull and can confirm it wasn't all that difficult. My friends and I took our time and took a decent amount of breaks. There were 4 of us there kind of hanging out and just doing it over time, maybe 3-4 hours of actual labor time from the front end already being off

Joe
    @jg_iii_
    Check out my progression thread - http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Picture-Heavy)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

If you take more than 5-10 minutes to remove the bumper there is something wrong with you.

And I timed it last time we pulled a 2.7t from an allroad. Almost exactly 4 hours from wheels up to engine out. If you have never done it before it still shouldn't take you longer than 8 at most. And that's planning a lot of down time.
    Lies!
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

Established Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Or when you put enough beers down in the first 4 hours that you should wait till tomorrow to go to the store to get that wrench extension you didn't know you'd need

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Ceiling hoist haha.
    Gangsta ing .......

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    Or when you put enough beers down in the first 4 hours that you should wait till tomorrow to go to the store to get that wrench extension you didn't know you'd need
    No, beer only helps the situation.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

No, beer only helps the situation.
    I think we can at least agree thatís a scientific fact.
    -CP

Established Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wasn't hating, but agreed. I just see a problem and crack one instead of knowing how to fix it