Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1508 of 1508 FirstFirst ... 5081008140814581498150615071508
Results 60,281 to 60,307 of 60307
    Senior Member Three Rings Kingzilla17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I installed a 3 piece spoiler on my non S-line trunk. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Really liking the look with this installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    06 Arctic White Audi A4 Quattro: |Solo-Werks Coilovers, OEM Bi-Xenon blacked out w/ STi Clear lens & CC mod, Hoen yellow fogs, 18'' Q5 Y-Spoke wheels, LED reverse lights, Thule Aero roof rack w/ Thule Evolution 1600 box|

Senior Member Three Rings Jimmyjamms's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hilux V6

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    On stock tune that doesnít seem right. You should run it a few times with wastegate connected direct to test your wastegate. 25 psi is great but seems strangely high for the ECU to request. I would suspect 15 or so based on the wastegate testing Iíve done. Itís fully open at I think 8 or 9 psi. Running without N75 you should only hit this. If your running higher boost w pnematic control, wastegate would seem to be holding far further then it should be (more preload then 3 turns). Iíll have to re test preload on the wastegate to confirm correct pressure.
    May not have deducted atmospheric to come up with 25.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzilla17 View Post
    I installed a 3 piece spoiler on my non S-line trunk. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Really liking the look with this installed.

That looks great ! Was that color coded first and adhesived/fastened on ? And purchased from where if you don't mind...I haven't really figured the difference with s-line trunks but I should as Wolfie is one !
    Guten tag-Wolfgang's my name,I'm an Audi A4 B7 Q S-line with 6M in handsome avus silver complemented with Alzor 349's/Mich PS riding on Vogtland/Hypercoils,APR1 tune,USP cat/obx dp,034 bar/sd mounts,ceramic tint but hoping for more..
    Other Ride-Can't tell you my name because I'm pure stealth- Ford FG Turbo ​Ute in winter white (google me) tuned to 400hp,tuned ZF6HP26 trans,suspension and subtle aesthetic enhancements.Wolfie and I have never raced but I know who'd win !

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Replaced my front axles. The passenger side gave out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings Luccatavares's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    On stock tune that doesnít seem right. You should run it a few times with wastegate connected direct to test your wastegate. 25 psi is great but seems strangely high for the ECU to request. I would suspect 15 or so based on the wastegate testing Iíve done. Itís fully open at I think 8 or 9 psi. Running without N75 you should only hit this. If your running higher boost w pnematic control, wastegate would seem to be holding far further then it should be (more preload then 3 turns). Iíll have to re test preload on the wastegate to confirm correct pressure.
    I agree with you! Need more test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Twin turbo 350Z, Mercedes ML350

First real drive with the JHM K04-R kit did some logs on the safe tune they are providing now until the 93 octane one is available, Also tried to fly my drone but it was way too cold..lol

park by Ansar R, on Flickr
    B7 A4, 6MT, Quattro - Sliver

JHM HPFP upgrade, JHM Test Pipe, JHM Y pipe, B7 S4 exhaust, JHM flywheel and RS4 clutch, GFB DV+, P3 boost gauge, S4 front & Rear brake upgrade, 034 rear sway bar, ST Coilovers, K&N filter, ECS Oil catch can, JHM K04-R Turbo Kit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWU...e_polymer=true

Veteran Member Four Rings pw211's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Sometimes I try to ride my cat around my apartment
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlow View Post
    First real drive with the JHM K04-R kit did some logs on the safe tune they are providing now until the 93 octane one is available, Also tried to fly my drone but it was way too cold..lol, on Flickr
    lol I did the exact same thing yesterday, took some logs on my K04-R tune. Cannot wait for the production tune to be released.
    Pat
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    P.I.I.T.B
    IG: pwwhite
    "I bet if Sean posted a picture of toast it would get 50 likes. And more than 3 people would say 'specs?'" - Solarsuplex

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pw211 View Post
    lol I did the exact same thing yesterday, took some logs on my K04-R tune. Cannot wait for the production tune to be released.
    lol Awesome how are you liking the kit so far?

JHM HPFP upgrade, JHM Test Pipe, JHM Y pipe, B7 S4 exhaust, JHM flywheel and RS4 clutch, GFB DV+, P3 boost gauge, S4 front & Rear brake upgrade, 034 rear sway bar, ST Coilovers, K&N filter, ECS Oil catch can, JHM K04-R Turbo Kit.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

lol Awesome how are you liking the kit so far?
    Car pulls great, I'm just getting almost a pause in the middle of pulls.. Like it pulls really hard up front, then it dies a bit somewhere in the high 3k to mid 4k range, then pulls just as hard again. Trying to understand if it's just because it's a base tune or if there's something else at play, hence the logs.
    Pat
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    P.I.I.T.B
    "I bet if Sean posted a picture of toast it would get 50 likes. And more than 3 people would say 'specs?'" - Solarsuplex

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Car pulls great, I'm just getting almost a pause in the middle of pulls.. Like it pulls really hard up front, then it dies a bit somewhere in the high 3k to mid 4k range, then pulls just as hard again. Trying to understand if it's just because it's a base tune or if there's something else at play, hence the logs.
    I posted some of the logs in build section is you want to compare.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...3#post12892143

Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

spark plug gaps correct?
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    spark plug gaps correct?
    Would it be safe to assume this isn't an issue if they are brand new plugs? It doesn't feel like the misfiring I was getting early last year that was spark plug related.
    Pat
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    P.I.I.T.B

Senior Member Three Rings Kingzilla17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Ringsby4 View Post
    That looks great ! Was that color coded first and adhesived/fastened on ? And purchased from where if you don't mind...I haven't really figured the difference with s-line trunks but I should as Wolfie is one !
    I purchased this from a local member (charmar) already painted to match my Arctic white. Its a used piece so its not a 100% perfect finish . It was branded with the Audi logo so not sure if its an oem part. I used double sided 3M tape to install this.
    06 Arctic White Audi A4 Quattro: |Solo-Werks Coilovers, OEM Bi-Xenon blacked out w/ STi Clear lens & CC mod, Hoen yellow fogs, 18'' Q5 Y-Spoke wheels, LED reverse lights, Thule Aero roof rack w/ Thule Evolution 1600 box|

Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Would it be safe to assume this isn't an issue if they are brand new plugs? It doesn't feel like the misfiring I was getting early last year that was spark plug related.
    nope, always check gap and account for tune requirements
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    nope, always check gap and account for tune requirements
    I assumed the plugs that were in my car were gapped at .032 when I first got this car a stage one tune. As it turns out, they were gapped over .040. Youíre right, never assume.

Gap should be .028 for this K04 kit. You could probably even go closer too.

AZ Member #

Can I ask you guys who just installed this JHM K04 kit a question? How is your throttle response? Mine is very severe. Both on throttle and coming off throttle. The off throttle bothers me the most. On throttle should be expected.

Just an FYI, Iím running Street Density motor and trans mounts with the ECS snub so Iím almost certain it is not mount related.

Iíve been running this kit for 7 months now and I donít get any hesitation at all FYI and so far the off throttle throttle response is my only complaint. Do you guys have this issue?
    TIA

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Can I ask you guys who just installed this JHM K04 kit a question? How is your throttle response? Mine is very severe. Both on throttle and coming off throttle. The off throttle bothers me the most. On throttle should be expected.

Just an FYI, Iím running Street Density motor and trans mounts with the ECS snub so Iím almost certain it is not mount related.

Iíve been running this kit for 7 months now and I donít get any hesitation at all FYI and so far the off throttle throttle response is my only complaint. Do you guys have this issue?
    TIA
    Did you have JHM tuning before? This is pretty normal for their tuning I think, it's how Stage 1 and 2 felt. You have to ease off throttle. Thanks for heads up on spark plugs guys, I sent my logs over to Jake so going to wait to do anything until they can review.
    Pat
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    P.I.I.T.B

AZ Member #

Did you have JHM tuning before? This is pretty normal for their tuning I think, it's how Stage 1 and 2 felt. You have to ease off throttle. Thanks for heads up on spark plugs guys, I sent my logs over to Jake so going to wait to do anything until they can review.
    When I was stage one it felt the same. I had the stock mounts at the time so I thought changing them might cure it. It didnít.

Hereís some things about my car that I was curious if it would have an impact on my off throttle. Please tell me if Iím way off thinking it could be contributing to it. My car is an early build so it only has the 115 bar fuel pressure regulating valve. My car also needs a new intake flap motor as well.

Could the 115 bar valve or the intake flap motor be contributing to my off throttle response or would you guys think this is just a byproduct of their tune? The off throttle response is pretty jarring.

AZ Member #

You donít have to wait for their review of your logs. If your plugs are over gapped, plug blow out is real with this turbo :)

Check the gap. It only takes a few minutes.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Or just buy some new copper plugs to test. Theyíre $3/each and super easy to install.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    When I was stage one it felt the same. I had the stock mounts at the time so I thought changing them might cure it. It didnít.

Hereís some things about my car that I was curious if it would have an impact on my off throttle. Please tell me if Iím way off thinking it could be contributing to it. My car is an early build so it only has the 115 bar fuel pressure regulating valve. My car also needs a new intake flap motor as well.

Could the 115 bar valve or the intake flap motor be contributing to my off throttle response or would you guys think this is just a byproduct of their tune? The off throttle response is pretty jarring.
    I also have a early model B7 2005.5 with the street density mounts, so what do you mean by jarring? I don't think the off throttle is that bad I will take a video when i have a chance so maybe you can give me a better idea about it.

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Items for Sale

did some logs on the safe tune they are providing now until the 93 octane one is available,
    Cannot wait for the production tune to be released.
    I paid & been waiting for this JHM KO4 93 oct tune since 10-2015
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

AZ Member #

I also have a early model B7 2005.5 with the street density mounts, so what do you mean by jarring? I don't think the off throttle is that bad I will take a video when i have a chance so maybe you can give me a better idea about it.
    Itís like this. Say youíre stuck behind some douche who canít keep a constant speed on long back roads. Slowing down because heís not smart enough to give the car more gas up hill and let off down hill. So of course, you have to keep giving the car a little gas here and there and let off the gas constantly. Itís when I let off the gas that the throttle closing is abrupt and the car shakes from the engine movement.

Itís very hard to explain and thatís the best I got. 😀

Veteran Member Three Rings Hightekflytech's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Luccatavares View Post
    Lol. I'm up to 15 psi now. I'm good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Smh and I was told it doesnít fit. Might be worth looking into

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    I paid & been waiting for this JHM KO4 93 oct tune since 10-2015
    worse case I will just take it to the shop that does the tuning on my 350z and have them do a custom tune, If i have time i might throw it on the dyno to see what the safe tune is putting out at the wheels.

Established Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

used it to rescue my gf/her passat after getting stuck on a hill in my neighborhood. only a couple inches of snow but in her defense her car took a lot of finessing to get it back. she drove mine home behind and said it didnt slide once

Established Member Two Rings RandyBeanz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

AU Tuning installed my ECS Boost Vent Gauge today.

Sadly brake sensor came on as I drove home. Hopefully I just need to top off the fluid