Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings Pworld's Avatar
    AZ Member #

NEW INTAKE ALERT!!!: INJEN TECHNOLOGY INTAKE SYSTEM w/ Dyno, *Final Pictures Updated*

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Disclaimer: First of all i would like to say i am in no way affiliated with Injen Technology. I am posting this information as a thank you to them, and as a contribution to the community as a consumer. So at the end of the day any technical questions can be sent their way. I will just post my honest experience and pray this does not turn into a off topic flame fest.

First things First:
    My car was completely stock. No tune, no exhaust, no intake with about 6k miles on it. 2012.
    The kit is not complete, so i will not show final pictures. The "heat shield" is being made right now, and that will be the final piece. I do not see much of a difference with that, but we will re-dyno it with the heat shield. The kit retains the bottom half of the factory intake. The filter just sits in the top portion. Will update pics with the final version.
    Now on to the pictures....

Now on to the dyno:
    Everybody in the facility was shocked at the power it made. Especially me. My car baselined at 302,300, and 291 whp on a dynojet. I have a picture of the dyno chart, on the screen, that i took. But they told me they did not want the 291, or 300 to be used, so the numbers do not look inflated for marketing tactics. *shrugs* I respect that. I saw a lot of numbers that COULD have been used to make things look more "juicy", thats for sure. I was not there for the baseline runs, but i was there for about 5 or 6 runs with the intake on. I will just post the pictures i took after the runs.

And the official joint...

Initial Impressions.
    I have put about 750 miles on this intake so far. Probably more. Not one hiccup, not one light, improved throttle response, etc. Most of the time i barely notice it unless i open it up full throttle then it screams. I did not want a loud intake and thought i would get annoyed by the sound. But i actually love it on a daily driven bases. It is only heard, when i want it to be heard. I took it to my dealer to get my 5k service right after and no problems and plenty of compliments.

Injen Facilities:
    To my surprise 90 percent of the development and manufacturing of their kits is done in house in there Southern California facilities. I was skeptical at first, but this was a huge plus to me. Here are some pictures.

Thanks to Adrian and Phil for the hospitality, taking care of my baby, and answering all the questions i had with enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Pworld; 03-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Previous: 2007 A4, 2012 B8 S4 Bril Red, 2015 S4 Sepang Blue
    Function & Form Autolife / TAG Motorsports / AWE-Tuning / Injen / HRE / Falken

Veteran Member Three Rings gringoloco2000's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice gains and nice shiny product. I like shiny stuff. I wonder how much if any heat soak that metal might pick up?

Veteran Member Four Rings phillips2024's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    rebuilt g35 tt

ahh slap this and a sticker on and blend in with all the ricer cars

thanks for the post! new products are always good!!
    2011 Audi S4 | 2012 Audi Q7 | 2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer *For Sale* | 2007 Porsche Turbo | 2016 Porsche Cayenne S

Veteran Member Four Rings phatAvant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 Avant S-line +

Looks like a nice product.

What rims/finish/specs are you running there? Looks great.
    '11 A4 []S-line Avant TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
    '03 ///M3 Coupe OEM CSL - '03 Mini Cooper 'ViruS' Limited Edition - '05 A3 SPORTBACK 2.0T Quattro []S-line - '03 B6 A4 AVANT TDI FULL OETTINGER

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by phatAvant View Post
    Looks like a nice product.

What rims/finish/specs are you running there? Looks great.
    VMR v710 / 20x9 +35/ Brushed Aluminum face with polished windows and barrels custom finish. Falken 245/30/20

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 C6 Z51 Coupe / 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

I have an Injen intake on my Protege. It is a very high quality product (it should be for the price). My IATs (my sensor is in my Injen) never go above ambient, and it is never even warm to the touch. This is actually a problem since my car sees much higher temps post turbo and intercooler than what is being read in the Injen, just some of the poor engineering that went in my car.

I wouldn't think twice about putting one of these on the S4. It should be a lot cheaper than the APR intake and better looking than the Stratosphere. It will definitely increase supercharger whine though. I could never hear the compressor surge (aka turbo warble) on my car until I put on the Injen. Now it is insanely loud but is one of my favorite things about the car.

Senior Member Three Rings Psalm40's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 MB GL450, 2011 BMW 135i vert, 2012 Range Rover SuperCharged

Quote Originally Posted by Pworld View Post
    VMR v710 / 20x9 +35/ Brushed Aluminum face with polished windows and barrels custom finish. Falken 245/30/20
    Sorry to be off original topic...but...any spacers and what suspension are you running with the VMR 20"s? Those are the summer wheels I want (yes, I want 20"s..), but I don't want to spend all spring and multiple trips to the shop/lift to get it tweaked perfectly. Also, could you run 255 or 265 or do you need the streatch to avoid rub?
    2012 Phantom Black, Black Silver Nappa, 6MT, Prestige Audi S4 - Built 8/26/11, In port 9/23/11, Delivery 10/3/11, pick up 10/21/11
    Alu Kreuz, APR/Carbonio intake stage I&II, CF splitter, CF Diffuser, R8 engine caps, Laser Interceptor Dual, Hardwired V1, Front PPF, WeatherTech Mats, interior and plate LEDs, VAG-Com, Stratmosphere short-throw shifter, Hoen xenon-match fogs, MORR VS8.2 20"x9 et 35brushed with double tint finish, Ventus V12 255/30/20, H&R OE Sport springs.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm40 View Post
    Sorry to be off original topic...but...any spacers and what suspension are you running with the VMR 20"s? Those are the summer wheels I want (yes, I want 20"s..), but I don't want to spend all spring and multiple trips to the shop/lift to get it tweaked perfectly. Also, could you run 255 or 265 or do you need the streatch to avoid rub?
    H&R super sports. could run 255 with minimal problems probably, but i wanted some room to push it out and run spacers. stretch isn't really that bad. no rubbing at all on the current set up. even with 4 people in the car over dips. None. Set up is very conservative to me, a little too conservative. Will change soon.

Senior Member Three Rings Zed 2.0's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It would be nice if they offered a black powdercoated version in addition to the blinged-out piping.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Zed 2.0 View Post
    It would be nice if they offered a black powdercoated version in addition to the blinged-out piping.
    I agree, just for the people worried about the "bling", im sure they will peek in and see the feedback.

Veteran Member Four Rings PsYkHoTiK's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do you have a pic of the actual filter/other half of the intake itself?

I didn't play the vid but I only saw a pic of the shiny pipe that went into the throttle body at the inlet of the supercharger.

Thanks!
    Current: 2013 Audi RS5 | Sepang Blue | Eurocode Alu Kreuz | 034 Transmission & Rear Diff Mount | Apikol Diff Mount | Girodisc 380mm Rotors | H&R RSS+ | SPC Upper Control Arms | H&R sways | AWE Track Extreme exhaust

Old: 2011 Audi B8 S4 | Ice Silver | DSG | Sport Diff | APR 93 stage II+ V2

Veteran Member Four Rings phillips2024's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    rebuilt g35 tt

+1 on black finish
    2011 Audi S4 | 2012 Audi Q7 | 2015 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer *For Sale* | 2007 Porsche Turbo | 2016 Porsche Cayenne S

AZ Member #

Any word on release date?

AZ Member #

@Psykhotik I will have pictures of the finished product soon. Per their request they wanted me to wait until the final piece is finished.

@OKS4 will find out and post.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 A3 2.0T Quattro (wifemobile)

So far IMO it sounds the best out of all the other ones I have heard. Its in the middle of too loud and too quiet.. Just perfect from this video. Now in real life im not sure.
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6MT - Corsa Sport Exhaust/AirRaid Intake
    2012 MB C63 AMG - P31/Eurocharged V5/Passport9500/LSD/RoW Airboxes/AfE ProDry Filters/Suntek/Michelin PSS- SOLD
    2011 B8 S4 - Deval/Apikol/Eurocode/Milltek/H&R/AWE/P3/EuroTechMS/APR/034/AvantGarde/Michelin- SOLD

Owner of Momentum Nutrition LLC
    www.momentum-nutrition.com
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition

Veteran Member Three Rings Bob This's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Nissan Versa, 2006 Nissan Frontier, 2006 Mazda 5

Nice gain
    http://www.facebook.com/sfscc

S.F.S. - Velocity - L4P - HH - Battle Style SPL - OMaM - GoT

We sleep until the sun goes down because We're up all night to get lucky

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC View Post
    So far IMO it sounds the best out of all the other ones I have heard. Its in the middle of too loud and too quiet.. Just perfect from this video. Now in real life im not sure.
    Well the hood was open.
    Current: 2013 Audi RS5 | Sepang Blue | Eurocode Alu Kreuz | 034 Transmission & Rear Diff Mount | Apikol Diff Mount | Girodisc 380mm Rotors | H&R RSS+ | SPC Upper Control Arms | H&R sways | AWE Track Extreme exhaust

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 A3 2.0T Quattro (wifemobile)

Quote Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK View Post
    Well the hood was open.

This is true lol
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6MT - Corsa Sport Exhaust/AirRaid Intake
    2012 MB C63 AMG - P31/Eurocharged V5/Passport9500/LSD/RoW Airboxes/AfE ProDry Filters/Suntek/Michelin PSS- SOLD
    2011 B8 S4 - Deval/Apikol/Eurocode/Milltek/H&R/AWE/P3/EuroTechMS/APR/034/AvantGarde/Michelin- SOLD

Owner of Momentum Nutrition LLC
    www.momentum-nutrition.com
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition

AZ Member #

I will try to get some in the car videos and drive by videos this weekend. You can definitely hear the whine. but it is nowhere near as loud as it is in the video. I originally did not want an intake with whine all the time. Only when i floored it full throttle. This is a great compromise in my daily driving. I am not sure how the stratosphere one is, but this one you cannot hear unless your aggressive on the throttle, and then it sounds very nice (like a performance car), not obnoxious.

AZ Member #

@Psykhotik I will have pictures of the finished product soon. Per their request they wanted me to wait until the final piece is finished.
    Thanks man. Was curious since you said it retains the bottom half of the stock airbox but it will be lidless?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK View Post
    Thanks man. Was curious since you said it retains the bottom half of the stock airbox but it will be lidless?
    There will definitely be a cover. its being fabricated right now. Interested to see if this changes the noise level. It will be dyno'd again with the cover on it.

AZ Member #

There will definitely be a cover. its being fabricated right now. Interested to see if this changes the noise level. It will be dyno'd again with the cover on it.
    Oh so they are making a lid for it. Kinda like the APR intake then (where the CF replaced the "lid" of the intake). That's cool. can't wait to see it.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 MB GL450 4matic

does it equipped with nanofiber dryfilter? what size could it be? is it 3.5"?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

Looks good. Nice to see another player in the mix. Funny how nobody is questioning the stock dyno curve on this product.
    2017 Q7 - Orca Black - Black - Vision - Driver Assistance - Cold Weather - Warm Weather
    2010 S4 - 6MT - Phantom Black - Black/Black Alcantara - Nav - Sports Diff - G.I.A.C. Stage 2 - AWE S-Flo Intake - 034 Transmission Mount Insert - JHM Crank Pulley - CR-15 Strut Tower Brace
    2013 Passat SEL - DSG - Platinum Grey - Black/Black Leather - USP HID - PIAA Xtreme white DRL

Veteran Member Three Rings tgsweat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Khan View Post
    Looks good. Nice to see another player in the mix. Funny how nobody is questioning the stock dyno curve on this product.
    The baseline is shown on the same plot.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by tgsweat View Post
    The baseline is shown on the same plot.
    I was referring to the fact that the hp doesn't start to drop after 5500 rpm.
    2017 Q7 - Orca Black - Black - Vision - Driver Assistance - Cold Weather - Warm Weather
    2010 S4 - 6MT - Phantom Black - Black/Black Alcantara - Nav - Sports Diff - G.I.A.C. Stage 2 - AWE S-Flo Intake - 034 Transmission Mount Insert - JHM Crank Pulley - CR-15 Strut Tower Brace
    2013 Passat SEL - DSG - Platinum Grey - Black/Black Leather - USP HID - PIAA Xtreme white DRL

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I guess AWE and strat don't have enough militant fanboys.

Veteran Member Four Rings HyperM3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway1 View Post
    I guess AWE and strat don't have enough militant fanboys.
    Or we have nothing to prove.
    13 HD FatBob
    17 A4 Glacier/Black 1st Edition/Pre+/Sport/EurocodeTMD/BMS JB4/CTSTransMount/034Intake/034Strutbrace/034RearSwayBar/034RDPipe
    16 S6 (gone)
    14 S6 (gone)
    14 S6 (gone)
    13 S6 (gone)
    10 S4 (gone)
    ACNA Lifetime Member - 26690

Established Member Two Rings Waxxon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2010 S4 | Sprint Blue | 6MT | Sport Diff, Nav, B&O, Nappa, 19's
    Mods: BBS CX-R's (19), H&R OE Springs, EBC RedStuff Pads, Milltek Non-Res Exhaust, Strat Hyper-Flo Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Out of curiosity, has Audi ever changed the stock program between production years?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

*off topic, but I got my car from Walter's Audi out in Riverside, too. Did you deal with Dayna?
    2011 B8 S4; Quartz Gray Metallic w/ Ti, 25% tint, Black PC Tri-Spokes, Milltek Non-Res w/ DP's, Stasis Tune.
    Black and Gray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by th4itanium View Post
    *off topic, but I got my car from Walter's Audi out in Riverside, too. Did you deal with Dayna?
    No. Jose Padilla handled the transaction. Great guy. I made the initial deal with a gentleman that left, but they honored the deal made to me since i had an e-mail record of every single conversation in detail.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by yas View Post
    Out of curiosity, has Audi ever changed the stock program between production years?
    I think they did with the B5 A4 1.8T. I know the head changed with the addition of VVT in 2001 and the motor gained 20 hp going from 150 to 170. I think the boost went up as well but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Established Member Two Rings AllBlackA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i have the injen cai intake for my b8 a4. after long drives of driving the car hard it doesn't get hot at all.

Veteran Member Four Rings jran76's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

This was done on a Dynojet and I would expect to see a slightly different curves when compared to a load-based dyno (like the Mustang). I agree that most charts do seem to have some type of drop (even this one has a slight drop), but I was a little surprised at how worked up everyone got over that.... They also stopped well before 7000 RPM on this dyno, and you would have seen more of a drop if they would have kept going.
    2012 S4 : Ibis White : Black Nappa : S-tronic : Sports Diff : MMI Nav : B&O : APR Stage II+ : AWE Exhaust : Alpha Coolant System : ECS Intake : AP Racing RadiCal BBK : H&R OE Springs : Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks : Hotchkis Sway Bars : EuroCode Endlinks/AluKreuz : 034 Trans/Diff Mounts : CR-15 Strut Brace : BC Forged HB04 Wheels : Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires : EuroGear CF Diffuser : Osir CF Fog Light Grilles : RS5 Pedals : Black Optics Grille

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings VMRWheels's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looking good Preston! Car is looking pristine!
    Shoot me a PM for a wheel or wheel & tire quote!

sales@velocitymotoring.com | 714.442.7916 | www.velocitymotoring.com| Instagram | | | Blog

Veteran Member Four Rings nick71692's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4, 2005 A4 USP, 2008 BMW 650I Conv. Sport, 2013 Jetta GLI
    Items for Sale

Glad to see another intake make its debut but for my taste I will stick with the strat...not digging the polished tube and stickers.
    2005 Dolphin Grey USP
    USP CLUB MEMBER #210
    2008 Ibis White S-Line A4 6mt, Stasis Exhaust (Gone)
    2010: S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic (Gone)
    2011 MKVI GTI 4 Door, Carbon, DSG (Gone)
    2012 S4, Monsoon Gray, 6MT (Gone)
    2014 S4, Glacier White - fully loaded

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nick71692 View Post
    Glad to see another intake make its debut but for my taste I will stick with the strat...not digging the polished tube and stickers.
    Thats actually not a sticker but a plate. And i have heard they are open to making polished and non polished versions. I have already gave them some feedback to make everybody happy. We will see what happens.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
    Looking good Preston! Car is looking pristine!
    Thanks to the wheels!! Always a conversation piece. love them

Veteran Member Four Rings S-Fore's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thats actually not a sticker but a plate. And i have heard they are open to making polished and non polished versions. I have already gave them some feedback to make everybody happy. We will see what happens.
    In that case, you might want to tell them to offer a wrinkle black option. I'd bet the black would be top seller.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast