Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    63167
    Location
    North Carolina

    BFI - Audi B8 Clean Catch Oil Separator

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!



    BFI - Audi B8 Clean Catch Oil Separator







    One of the biggest areas of concern for the longevity of your TSI direct injection engine is the long term effects of oil vapor deposition in the intake and valve train. Even though all TSI engines come equipped with a cyclonic oil separator from the factory time has shown that these separators are not enough and that the biggest contributor to these vaporized oil deposits on the intake valves and plenum are the gasses emanating from the PCV system. Without additional filtering and maintenance your intake valves could look like this:





    QUALITY

    We have designed the best Oil Separator on the market for the FSI/TSI platform. Designed to help remove excess oil/water vapor from the intake tract and increase the longevity of your direct injection engine. The Clean Catch Oil Separator will be the only catch can you will ever need to buy.

    Made from the highest quality components, these catch cans are built to last a lifetime, and beyond. Designed from the ground up with the honing of many different iterations of internal baffle design, these cans both look and function as well, or better than any on the market today.





    ENGINEERING

    Each can employs a specifically designed V-shaped baffle to maximize surface area for increased deposition of condensed vapor, without sacrificing the flow characteristics necessary for the FSI/TSI PCV system to function correctly.

    Each design has undergone an extensive long term testing process - in both street and race applications to ensure that each can functions with maximum efficiency, without any loss in performance. Utilizing CNC aluminum components along with aerospace quality hose, connectors and hardware, these cans both function and look like an OEM quality piece.





    SIMPLICITY





    Installation of the TSI Clean Catch Oil Separator takes just minutes and is designed to allow clearance for the stock engine cover to be retained after install.

    Every TSI Clean Catch system comes with a matte powder coated aluminum can, high flow #10 braided and sport-crimped hoses and hose ends, along with in-house designed CNC bent can bracket, as well as a billet intake manifold block off. In addition all aluminum pieces are anodized black for longevity and good looks!

    Every Clean Catch system comes with our proprietary VAGPORT connection system, a revolutionary PCV connection system, consisting of custom designed and machined port adapters specific to Volkswagen and Audi applications. Each VAGPORT connector utilizes the same type of quick release connector used by Audi sport and Team Joest on all their competition Le Mans prototype racers.


    FITS ALL ALL B8 Chassis Audi A4, A5 2.0T


    Click Here To Purchase

    Instructions Found Here

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings Wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    44667
    Location
    Lebanon

    Very nice product.
    What are the plans re the first batch for sale? Group buy?
    2010 PB A5 Quattro | 2.0 TFSI Stronic | REVO Stage II | EC FMIC/HFC/AK | Custom Cat-Back | 19x9.5 Nurburgrings MGM | APR Intake | AWE Gauge Kit | ST Coils | RS6 Wheel | RS5 Pedals | Stronic Knob | Custom Sline mats | HOEN | Rieger | Tints | SPC | HID & USP LEDs | Custom Sline Valance

  3. #3
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 12 2009
    AZ Member #
    47663
    Location
    St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Wah View Post
    Very nice product.
    What are the plans re the first batch for sale? Group buy?
    + 1 on the group buy!
    2011 A4: Quartz Grey Metallic P+ 6MT Sport Package

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings S5xy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2011
    AZ Member #
    71378
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Items for Sale

    Yeah, I bet a bunch of members would go for these. A group buy would be greaaaat!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 02 2011
    AZ Member #
    80703
    Location
    TO

    This is a bit misleading. First of all, the engine pictured is NOT the EA888 2.0TFSI engine that comes in our cars. Second, I've yet to see any proof that EA888 suffers from excessive carbon deposits like older VW/Audi engines. Not all direct injection engines have carbon buildup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    Even though all TSI engines come equipped with a cyclonic oil separator from the factory time has shown that these separators are not enough and that the biggest contributor to these vaporized oil deposits on the intake valves and plenum are the gasses emanating from the PCV system. Without additional filtering and maintenance your intake valves could look like this:



  6. #6
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2010
    AZ Member #
    60382
    Location
    Cary NC

    You are correct, the picture is not of an EA888 engine - it is a 3.6 VR6 - though we have taken apart several 2.0FSI and TSI motors that had similar or worse intake valves.

    The EA888 has some improvements over previous generations, but there are also serious issues with the PCV system under g load or negative g situations (If you ever track your car). The PCV has the bad habbit of venting large amounts of oil into the intake. That is why APR Motorsport runs our cans on all of their EA888 Race cars (2 GTIs and 2 Mk6 Jettas).

    Here is a video of the emptying of the shop A5 can after about 3000 miles:



    Keep in mind that most of what is in the can is condensed water vapor that accumulates in the system. What we are trying to remove is the emulsified oil vapor that gives the liquid its peanut butter color.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 02 2011
    AZ Member #
    80703
    Location
    TO

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@blackforest View Post
    You are correct, the picture is not of an EA888 engine - it is a 3.6 VR6 - though we have taken apart several 2.0FSI and TSI motors that had similar or worse intake valves.

    The EA888 has some improvements over previous generations, but there are also serious issues with the PCV system under g load or negative g situations (If you ever track your car). The PCV has the bad habbit of venting large amounts of oil into the intake. That is why APR Motorsport runs our cans on all of their EA888 Race cars (2 GTIs and 2 Mk6 Jettas).

    Here is a video of the emptying of the shop A5 can after about 3000 miles:
    Very interesting. Do you have any pictures of the EA888 with severe carbon deposits on the intake valves? I ask because I've seen pics of 2.0TFSI and 3.0TFSI (2nd generation direction injection engines) with 20K-30K miles and the valves looked pretty clean...certainly nothing like the picture in your original post. The original FSI motor (1st generation DI) is a totally different story however.

  8. #8
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    63167
    Location
    North Carolina

    Our New Year Promotion has ended. Thanks for the orders everyone!
    Last edited by Black Forest; 01-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Four Rings tboooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 29 2012
    AZ Member #
    87362
    My Garage
    2013 Infiniti G37S Sedan
    Location
    San Clemente, CA

    Anyone actually install this? Results?
    Good bye *sniff sniff* - 2012 Ibis S5 Cabrio (Build)|Sport Diff|Nav|B&O|CF Inlays|Adv Key|PDC

    Mods: Tint|Clear bra|BC Racing HB29 20x10et30|KW V1|AWE Air Filter|Black Optics|Ecodes|Int LEDs|RS5 pedals|HOEN|EG CF valence/splitter|SPC UCA|FL shift knob

  10. #10
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    63167
    Location
    North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
    Anyone actually install this? Results?
    There's good discussion going on in this existing thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Oil-Separator

  11. #11
    Senior Member Four Rings tboooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 29 2012
    AZ Member #
    87362
    My Garage
    2013 Infiniti G37S Sedan
    Location
    San Clemente, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    There's good discussion going on in this existing thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Oil-Separator
    Thank you. Can you please confirm that this will fit on a 2012 S5 cabrio (3.0 TSFI)?

    EDIT: nevermind...checked out the BFI website and no luck for my car.
    Last edited by tboooe; 02-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Good bye *sniff sniff* - 2012 Ibis S5 Cabrio (Build)|Sport Diff|Nav|B&O|CF Inlays|Adv Key|PDC

    Mods: Tint|Clear bra|BC Racing HB29 20x10et30|KW V1|AWE Air Filter|Black Optics|Ecodes|Int LEDs|RS5 pedals|HOEN|EG CF valence/splitter|SPC UCA|FL shift knob

  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 10 2007
    AZ Member #
    17158
    Location
    West Hartford, CT

    The pricing is very steep. Plus, the 2.0T engine from Audi has been known to be one of the least affected models by Carbon buildup.

  13. #13
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 02 2012
    AZ Member #
    97972
    Location
    NY

    Quote Originally Posted by MonzaA5 View Post
    Very interesting. Do you have any pictures of the EA888 with severe carbon deposits on the intake valves? I ask because I've seen pics of 2.0TFSI and 3.0TFSI (2nd generation direction injection engines) with 20K-30K miles and the valves looked pretty clean...certainly nothing like the picture in your original post. The original FSI motor (1st generation DI) is a totally different story however.
    I had to pull the head of my engine 2.0TFSI (EA888) a couple of weeks ago and the valves looked very clean, no visible deposits at all. The car has 35,000 miles on it and I change the oil every 5,000 miles using Castrol Edge (VW 502 00). Based on what I saw, I don't think the EA888 has any carbon build-up issues at all. Has anyone with an EA888 complained of carbon build-up?

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings Wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    44667
    Location
    Lebanon

    I'm almost a little worried to reveal this as I'm not too sure if its good or bad news. After about 4,000 km, I decided to empty my catch can but to my surprise it was completely empty. There was some nasty residue at the bottom but no liquid of any sort.
    What does this mean? I was expecting to get a half-full can with the nasty but I didn't even come close to that.
    Is my engine burning up all the oil consistently? Doubtful...




    2010 PB A5 Quattro | 2.0 TFSI Stronic | REVO Stage II | EC FMIC/HFC/AK | Custom Cat-Back | 19x9.5 Nurburgrings MGM | APR Intake | AWE Gauge Kit | ST Coils | RS6 Wheel | RS5 Pedals | Stronic Knob | Custom Sline mats | HOEN | Rieger | Tints | SPC | HID & USP LEDs | Custom Sline Valance

  15. #15
    Active Member Two Rings invncble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2006
    AZ Member #
    13114
    My Garage
    01 TT 08 S5
    Location
    Cool Kids Lunch Table

    Quote Originally Posted by Wah View Post
    I'm almost a little worried to reveal this as I'm not too sure if its good or bad news. After about 4,000 km, I decided to empty my catch can but to my surprise it was completely empty. There was some nasty residue at the bottom but no liquid of any sort.
    What does this mean? I was expecting to get a half-full can with the nasty but I didn't even come close to that.
    Is my engine burning up all the oil consistently? Doubtful...

    Can't speak for the A5's, but I have this system in my 08 S5 and it definitely does catch oil and vapor. I drive a lot, mostly highway miles. While it is not the cheapest option out there it is definitely effective. I'll try to snag a pic and upload it.
    01 TT

    08 S5

  16. #16
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    63167
    Location
    North Carolina

    invncble,

    Thanks for sharing.

  17. #17
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 24 2010
    AZ Member #
    63167
    Location
    North Carolina




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2014 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.