Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Who will be attending Dubs on Defrost 8?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WILL be attending

6 60.00%
  • I WILL NOT be attending

4 40.00%
    Senior Member Three Rings jvitelli17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Dubs on Defrost 8

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys!

So we have Dubs on Defrost 8 coming up and i wanted to make a post to see who would be around for a G2G.

DATE: Sunday, April 19th, 2015 12:00PM to 5:00PM
    DAY OF THE WEEK: Sunday (previous events were Saturdays)
    PRICE: $10 per person
    SEPARATE EURO AND NON-EURO PARKING

Social Media:
    #dubsondefrost #DoD8
    Instagram: @dubsondefrost
    Twitter: : @dubsondefrost

VENDORS:

eEuroparts.com
    Cutting Edge Graphics
    Watercooled VW Parts
    Speed Happens
    East Coast VAG+Parts
    Prime Shades
    Stickerdicted Vinyl graphic designs
    Excelerate Performance
    C-tek Motorwerks
    Rippin Dubs
    StickerBomb
    EuroDogs Tuning

EDIT:

So seeing as tho there are many meets already forming in CT/RI, i will NOT be setting up a G2G just attending one. Check out the offical DOD8 page on facebook for a list of meeting locations and choose your spot!

Hope to see some AZ's there!
    Last edited by jvitelli17; 04-07-2015 at 05:24 AM.
    06' | JHM 93 Tune | Piggies | Custom Magnaflow 2.5" x-pipe non-res | ECS Solid MM | Apikol Snub | JHM Intake Spacer | K&N Drop-in | NGK BKR6EIX| 5W-30 Castrol
    07' |034 Motor Mounts | ECS Snub Mount | CAI | 0W-40 Mobil1

VAG-COM 12.12.0

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Tentative
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like the bitch

Established Member Four Rings ProjectBlackout's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 VW Tiguan Wolfsburg 4Motion (the girl's ride)

That's the same day as Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Project Blackout:
    2009 Audi A4 Premium: 18x8 ET40 VCT V-One wheels, Continental DWS tires, Eibach Pro Kit/OEM non-Sport shocks, e-code HID conversion, debadged, RS grille, yellow wrapped fog lights, 35% tint (sides) and 20% tint (rear), LED Interior Conversion

Ross-Tech/VCDS 14.10 in Trumbull, CT - PM me

Established Member Two Rings Phray's Avatar
    AZ Member #

C&C is in the morning until around 11 AM. Dubs starts at 12 PM if I'm not mistaken. I was gonna go to both back to back.
    2009 A4 Avant Premium+ 2.0T Quattro
    | Tint: 35% Sides + 20% Rear | Höen H11 Endurance Foglights | Blacked Out Grille + Trim + Rails | Debadged | Rebuilt Engine | Warranty = No performance mods yet unfortunately |

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

DoD is a place you bring out the carry bbq, cooler in trunk with beers (I suggest coffee cups to hold your beverage), break out the lawn chairs, and relax with good people and nice cars. Went 2 years ago at a different location and had a good time. Rolled with vendors so got there early...with a spot on the grounds. Reason they changed location was the old location could not hold all the cars that showed up. Then last year they held it in Bristol at an amusement park. Now this year, Lime Rock. I personally think Lime Rock is much more suitable for an event like this.

Senior Member Three Rings MonSoonHell's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A7, Lincoln LSC - Heavily Modded

Quote Originally Posted by jvitelli17 View Post
    Hey guys!

So we have Dubs on Defrost 8 coming up and i wanted to make a post to see who would be around for a G2G. As it gets closer i will edit this post with more details, but at least we can start getting some idea for who wants to come and where we can meet.

DATE: Sunday, April 19th, 2015 12:00PM to 5:00PM
    DAY OF THE WEEK: Sunday (previous events were Saturdays)
    PRICE: $10 per person
    SEPARATE EURO AND NON-EURO PARKING

Social Media:
    #dubsondefrost #DoD8
    Instagram: @dubsondefrost
    Twitter: : @dubsondefrost

VENDORS:

eEuroparts.com
    Cutting Edge Graphics
    Watercooled VW Parts
    Speed Happens
    East Coast VAG+Parts
    Prime Shades
    Stickerdicted Vinyl graphic designs
    Excelerate Performance
    C-tek Motorwerks
    Rippin Dubs
    StickerBomb
    EuroDogs Tuning
    Is this parking in a field (grass) or an asphalt or concrete type ground?
    2012 Monsoon Grey S4, Prestige, Sport Diff, 6 spd w/Meisterwerk ASTS, RocEuro Intake, StaSIS Touring Package, P3Cars Gauge, VAG-COM modded, RS4 Grill, Alu Kreuz, Apikol Red, 034Motorsports R. Diff Mount, Adams Race Rotors w/Ceramic Pads, SS Brake/Clutch Cables, Summer - Niche Citrine H79, 19x10s (275/30/19), Winter - CCW SP20, 19x10s (275/35/19)

Quote, " Relief has differences....I Would rather shit in a toilet, than in my pants. "

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MonSoonHell View Post
    Is this parking in a field (grass) or an asphalt or concrete type ground?
    Euro's will park on the track, Non-Euro's will park in the paddock (also paved). The over flow parking will be a mix of paved and grass, and the last lot available if all others fill up (unlikely) is grass only. But we would need like 6000+ cars to have to use the grass outfield.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

2 years ago they had it in a park that was undersized for the amount of cars that showed up. I rolled with a vendor and caravan that rolled in maybe 10AM or so, when doors opened at 12. If not for that, I would have been one of the many who parked on the strip and had to hike it into the park. It's stuff like which left a bad taste in people's mouth about that event. I rolled out of there like 1 PM (when my caravan wanted to leave) and just felt incredibly bad for all the VAG cars parked on the strip with their driver's hiking it in (there was a lot of them. and I mean a lot), while I was parked on the grounds next to...Civics and such. Wasn't fair. All in all, I still had a good time.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    2 years ago they had it in a park that was undersized for the amount of cars that showed up. I rolled with a vendor and caravan that rolled in maybe 10AM or so, when doors opened at 12. If not for that, I would have been one of the many who parked on the strip and had to hike it into the park. It's stuff like which left a bad taste in people's mouth about that event. I rolled out of there like 1 PM (when my caravan wanted to leave) and just felt incredibly bad for all the VAG cars parked on the strip with their driver's hiking it in (there was a lot of them. and I mean a lot), while I was parked on the grounds next to...Civics and such. Wasn't fair. All in all, I still had a good time.
    They are separating the Euros from the civics this year. Now dubs will be on the track while the "others" park in the lot. Im glad to see this because i hated that more non-euros had to park wayyyy in the back last year while hondas, toyotas, etc got a front row seat.
    06' | JHM 93 Tune | Piggies | Custom Magnaflow 2.5" x-pipe non-res | ECS Solid MM | Apikol Snub | JHM Intake Spacer | K&N Drop-in | NGK BKR6EIX| 5W-30 Castrol

VAG-COM 12.12.0

Veteran Member Four Rings booost's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 VW Beetle Turbo DSG, a boat
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Phray View Post
    C&C is in the morning until around 11 AM. Dubs starts at 12 PM if I'm not mistaken. I was gonna go to both back to back.
    I'm thinking of doing the same, hit C&C early then head up there. Maybe some of us could cruise up.
    Click: B8 Quartz Grey Metallic A4 2.0T quattro | aFe | eurocode | H&R | 3.0 TDI FMIC | PowerStop | PODI
    Sold: B5 Silver A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT GIAC KO4 | B5 Santorin Blue A4 2.8 Quattro 5MT | B6 Caribic Blue A4 3.0 cabrio

Established Member Two Rings Li ls4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 s4
    Items for Sale

hopefully my coilovers will arrive in a week or two and i can get them on in time. id like to go to this meet

Established Member Two Rings Lucca M's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Past Bmw M3 coupe Euro 1998
    Items for Sale

Im 95% going if the weather will be nice. Any one esle rolling from jersey? If i go ill be taking parkway from 136 ext and tapan zee bridge :)
    JHM Lightweight Flywheel, Short Throw Trio Package, IM Spacers, JHM 93 tune, Stage 4 Clutch,
    034 Street Density Engine & Transmission Mount, 034 Snub Mount & Zero Tolerance Bracket,
    2.5" 200 cell downpipes, Neuspeed 2,75" catback, Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors,
    Rns-E, B7 steering wheel, BBS CH 18x8.5, ST Coilovers, Ecodes...

My S4 partout thread:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-B6-S4-Partout

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Sounds like people should maybe organize a Palisades Mall meeting location. We did that last time I went. We coordinated so we basically all met up on 87 at the same time in that area (on the road).

Established Member Two Rings Antsa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'll be there
    2013 A4 Sport Package, 35% Madico Tint, Hoen Yellow Fogs, Avant Garde M510's 20x10 et 35, Hankook Ventus 255/30/20, H&R Coilovers

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Sounds like people should maybe organize a Palisades Mall meeting location. We did that last time I went. We coordinated so we basically all met up on 87 at the same time in that area (on the road).
    sounds good, thats the one in nyack am i correct ? im def taking tapan zee since on gw i would probably loose my oil pan, and couple other things...
    JHM Lightweight Flywheel, Short Throw Trio Package, IM Spacers, JHM 93 tune, Stage 4 Clutch,
    034 Street Density Engine & Transmission Mount, 034 Snub Mount & Zero Tolerance Bracket,

My S4 partout thread:

Established Member Three Rings Usa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4

I will go :)
    S4 (B8) DSG / Quartz Gray Metallic / VAG-COM / 3M Crystalline 70% sides 30% rear / Roc-Euro Intake / APR Stage II / Non-res Milltek / Alu Kreuz Stabilizer / Eurocode Front & Rear Sways & Endlinks / 19x9.5 AG M590 / PSS / RS4 Grill / P3 Gauge / Bilstein PSS10 / AMS Boost Cooler System / ENLAES Decklid / OSIR Splitter & Diffuser

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

If you guys want to do a Palisades mall meeting along with other meet spots along the way, I'm down. Best part I find is the cruise. You end up bumping into so many caravans along the way. Makes for an interesting ride.

And yes, the Palisades mall is one exit away from the gsp exit on the thruway. Can't recall north or southbound though.

USA, I live in Newburgh. You can meet me there and we can cruise together if you want. Send me a pm.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

If you guys want to do a Palisades mall meeting along with other meet spots along the way, I'm down. Best part I find is the cruise. You end up bumping into so many caravans along the way. Makes for an interesting ride.

And yes, the Palisades mall is one exit away from the gsp exit on the thruway. Can't recall north or southbound though.

USA, I live in Newburgh. You can meet me there and we can cruise together if you want. Send me a pm.

im down, trying to get a crew together, we will be taking pkw and tapan zee so that mall is perfect place to meet. i think we will have like 4-5 cars rolling.

My S4 partout thread:

Senior Member Four Rings FastEddie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

i wont go again until i hear it has turned back into a VAG meet and scene and not the season opener for NOPI or hot import nights.
    SUSPENSION-KW V3-Hotchkiss RS4 sway bars-034 Adj UCA-034 strut mount-034 F&R end links-034 motor mounts-034 Snub mount W/bracket-034 Trans mount l BRAKES-ECS Stage 4 BBK-ECS rear rotors & lines, Hawk pads l Engine-JHM Tune-JHM 6 rib pulley-Milltek catless DP's-FI exhaust l EXTERIOR-RS4 black grille-Custom headlights-LED city & DRL lights-ECS LED tail lights & plate lights l INTERIOR-Custom steering wheel-SRP pedals-ECS LED lights-MOMO shift knob-Gen 2 RNSE & AMI l WHEELS-OEM RS4 W/ Michelin PSS

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

i think they separated the civics from vags this year. ive never been there but since i cant make it to show'n'go spring this time ill go check the dubs out :)

My S4 partout thread:

Senior Member Four Rings FastEddie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

like i said, when there is proof this is happening then ill go. It was a shit show the year i went and since then ive only heard echoing every year of what i saw.
    SUSPENSION-KW V3-Hotchkiss RS4 sway bars-034 Adj UCA-034 strut mount-034 F&R end links-034 motor mounts-034 Snub mount W/bracket-034 Trans mount l BRAKES-ECS Stage 4 BBK-ECS rear rotors & lines, Hawk pads l Engine-JHM Tune-JHM 6 rib pulley-Milltek catless DP's-FI exhaust l EXTERIOR-RS4 black grille-Custom headlights-LED city & DRL lights-ECS LED tail lights & plate lights l INTERIOR-Custom steering wheel-SRP pedals-ECS LED lights-MOMO shift knob-Gen 2 RNSE & AMI l WHEELS-OEM RS4 W/ Michelin PSS

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

So if you guys want to set up a Palisades mall meet time, what time works for you guys?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

So if you guys want to set up a Palisades mall meet time, what time works for you guys?
    What time we should meet there? Since youve been there already you should probably set up the meet hour .)

My S4 partout thread:

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 TT RS, 09 GTI, 03 GTi VR6, 02 GTi VR6
    Items for Sale

We will be there and we will have a booth set up as well.

Active Member Two Rings athree20v's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Phray View Post

Senior Member Three Rings ktish's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by athree20v View Post
    This.
    Likely doing the same

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Lucca M View Post
    What time we should meet there? Since youve been there already you should probably set up the meet hour .)
    Up in the air at the moment. Possibly having people stay at my house, and we shoot to there from here (people I go to h20 and rent with). Also, was wrong about it being the very next exit. Either way, Palisades Mall is South coming off the GSP onto the Thruway and is more like 2-3 more exists. But they are close (2-5 minute max). I'll find out tomorrow what's in stone and what isn't. If they aren't coming, then I'll still try and set up a meet time.

And I have been to DoD before, but this is the first time they are holding it at Lime Rock. Looked on Google Maps, and the Taconic seems to be the fastest route. But if you ever drove on it, then you know how tight those two lanes are. Now imagine a bunch of VWs, Audis, and who knows what else along with every day standards on that same road at one time. I think more than one accident is inevitable (at least one every other day Mon-Fri into the city for working commuters) and I would really try and avoid that route if possible. If not an accident, then a fair amount of congestion (ie very slow speeds). Do something like I87 to I84 and decide a path from there (ie you can catch the Taconic off of here, but already past the entire stretch that goes down to the city where a fair amount of the people will be coming from. even CT people will be taking 287 to the taconic, by the Tapanzee Bridge). Just a suggestion and my outlook on it. Could be right. Could be wrong. But...I know I'm not taking it
    Last edited by Seerlah; 04-17-2015 at 01:33 PM.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

No longer happening!
    Last edited by Seerlah; 04-19-2015 at 06:52 AM.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Hey guys, figured i'd post a couple pics i took from the show. We had a blast! Should have done a G2G but otherwise had fun, feel free to post your pics here too!

VAG-COM 12.12.0

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Three Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth yesterday, it was great meeting everyone.

Excelerate Performance
    12 Sycamore Way Suite 1
    Branford, CT 06405

Instagam - @excelerateperformance | #teamexcelerate
    Twitter - @ExcelerateCT
    Facebook Page!
    Web Store!