Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Two Rings jdaudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66211
    Location
    US

    P2006 + P2007 - Intake Runner Stuck Closed

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    05 C6 3.2


    So heres my problem.. CEL came on.. P2006, P2007 came up. Alldata says "Intake Manifold Runner Stuck Closed bank 1 (P2006) and bank 2 (P2007)" It comes on, then goes off, comes on.. Goes off.. (Every few trips.)

    Friends say its a vacuum leak. TSB says it could be a vacuum leak or the intake manifold actuator diaphragm. My other friend gave me a vacuum pump to use saying i could use it to diagnose this. I have never worked with vacuum lines before, could some give me some directions? Has anyone experienced this?

    Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Two Rings jdaudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66211
    Location
    US

    Solved: Thanks nobodys input - Vacuum line way down by the evap canister melted against the block, broke clean off. Repaired, fixed.

  3. #3
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    81867
    Location
    Portland, ME

    06 A6 (C6) 3.2 Vacuum Line Failure, DTC P2006 P2007

    Quote Originally Posted by jdaudi View Post
    Solved: Thanks nobodys input - Vacuum line way down by the evap canister melted against the block, broke clean off. Repaired, fixed.
    jdaudi, just came across your post. I've had the exact same issue (CEL on, P2006 + P2007 codes) in the last few days on my 2006 3.2 (~44000 miles). I saw the advice on checking vacuum lines and sure enough found a break in the line to the evap canister, just below where it theroetically clips onto the dipstick (clip was broken, not sure for how long).

    I yanked on the end just below the break and a 3-inch section came off in my hand, with a hole melted through the middle of it from contact with the head.

    My question is: where the heck is the other end of this line (on the evap canister), and how do I get to it? Did you have to go underneath the car to swap that line or can you do it from the engine bay up top?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member Four Rings ebi718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83207
    My Garage
    A6 3.0T Prestige Avant
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jb246 View Post
    jdaudi, just came across your post. I've had the exact same issue (CEL on, P2006 + P2007 codes) in the last few days on my 2006 3.2 (~44000 miles). I saw the advice on checking vacuum lines and sure enough found a break in the line to the evap canister, just below where it theroetically clips onto the dipstick (clip was broken, not sure for how long).

    I yanked on the end just below the break and a 3-inch section came off in my hand, with a hole melted through the middle of it from contact with the head.

    My question is: where the heck is the other end of this line (on the evap canister), and how do I get to it? Did you have to go underneath the car to swap that line or can you do it from the engine bay up top?

    Thanks
    Bumping this up. I just pulled both codes, with MIL on. Is the fix as simple as replacing vacuum line(s)? Thanks in advance!!

    UPDATE: Fixed!! Hose/pipe was broken in 2 places...... I got a replacement hose from Autozone; took me about 10 minutes; codes cleared, MIL gone.

    Last edited by ebi718; 02-16-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Fixed
    '10 A6 3.0T Quattro Avant Prestige Phantom Black Pearl Effect (link)
    '13 A7 Quattro 3.0T Phantom Black - SOLD
    '07 A6 3.2 Quattro Avant S Line - SOLD

  5. #5
    Established Member Two Rings Santana's S5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    95400
    My Garage
    2011 Audi Q7 TDI
    Location
    Florida

    P2006 + P2007 - Intake Runner Stuck Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ebi718 View Post
    Bumping this up. I just pulled both codes, with MIL on. Is the fix as simple as replacing vacuum line(s)? Thanks in advance!!

    UPDATE: Fixed!! Hose/pipe was broken in 2 places...... I got a replacement hose from Autozone; took me about 10 minutes; codes cleared, MIL gone.

    Where are the vacuum hoses located? This code just popped up on my car.
    Audi S5 4.2
    Mod's: Sprint Booster, APR Stage I, APR Intake, AWE Non-Res Downpipes, AWE Touring Exhaust, KW V3 Suspension w/ Iphone Interface, RS5 Carbon Fiber Interior, RS5 Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Front & Rear Brembo BBK, RS5 Grill, Adaptive Ecodes, LED Tails, S5 Shifter, Deval Carbon Fiber Lip and Carbon Fiber Rear Valence, Escort Passport 9500ci
    Future Mod's: Supercharger

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings MedicCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 26 2012
    AZ Member #
    104766
    My Garage
    70 Chevelle SS clone
    Location
    Sacramento

    What were your problems when the car was running? I'm wondering if my issue is related to the flap runner too. Not sure if its that or a coil pack going bad but I'm checking my options.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Four Rings ebi718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83207
    My Garage
    A6 3.0T Prestige Avant
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Items for Sale

    Re: P2006 + P2007 - Intake Runner Stuck Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by Santana's S5 View Post
    Where are the vacuum hoses located? This code just popped up on my car.

    The hoses/lines are usually under the front engine plastic cover. When you locate then, trace from from one end to the other. GL.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    '10 A6 3.0T Quattro Avant Prestige Phantom Black Pearl Effect (link)
    '13 A7 Quattro 3.0T Phantom Black - SOLD
    '07 A6 3.2 Quattro Avant S Line - SOLD

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings Santana's S5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    95400
    My Garage
    2011 Audi Q7 TDI
    Location
    Florida

    P2006 + P2007 - Intake Runner Stuck Closed

    Quote Originally Posted by ebi718 View Post
    The hoses/lines are usually under the front engine plastic cover. When you locate then, trace from from one end to the other. GL.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Turned out that the arm that open and closes the flap somehow got disconnected. Everything's working fine now.
    Audi S5 4.2
    Mod's: Sprint Booster, APR Stage I, APR Intake, AWE Non-Res Downpipes, AWE Touring Exhaust, KW V3 Suspension w/ Iphone Interface, RS5 Carbon Fiber Interior, RS5 Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Front & Rear Brembo BBK, RS5 Grill, Adaptive Ecodes, LED Tails, S5 Shifter, Deval Carbon Fiber Lip and Carbon Fiber Rear Valence, Escort Passport 9500ci
    Future Mod's: Supercharger

  9. #9
    Senior Member Four Rings ebi718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83207
    My Garage
    A6 3.0T Prestige Avant
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Santana's S5 View Post
    Thanks. Turned out that the arm that open and closes the flap somehow got disconnected. Everything's working fine now.
    Nice
    '10 A6 3.0T Quattro Avant Prestige Phantom Black Pearl Effect (link)
    '13 A7 Quattro 3.0T Phantom Black - SOLD
    '07 A6 3.2 Quattro Avant S Line - SOLD

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings AdiDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 19 2012
    AZ Member #
    98957
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA

    hey guys this code got thrown on my a4 3.2 and the mechanic has checked the vac line several times and can't find a leak. he called audi and they couldn't figure out why the code was being thrown.

    any input would be helpful. my mechanic says that the car runs, but has a really rough i9dle
    2005.5 3.2 V6 A4

  11. #11
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 09 2013
    AZ Member #
    118601
    Location
    cypress tx

    Hey guys, i bought my car with the check engine light on and it had the code p2006, p2007, and so.etimes the p2404. I have already found 2 vacuum leaks that it had and after checking about 6 times, i can not find any more. I have cleared the codes but they keep coming up. Is it possible that my vacuum pump went out? Because if i turn my car on there is no sucktion in any like. The car's idle is normal and it runs great but i still have those codes. Any suggestions?

  12. #12
    Established Member Two Rings tboo72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 05 2013
    AZ Member #
    118393
    Location
    WI
    Items for Sale

    I have this same problem. My hose broke in half & Im getting a CEL. Does anybody know the part number at Autozone?
    2008 A6 S-Line 3.2 Quattro

  13. #13
    Senior Member Two Rings jdaudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66211
    Location
    US

    Hi All,

    Sorry I have been gone (have had no audi issues up until now so I am replying to my past threads.) When this issue happens to your car you will feel a major decrease in performance, almost scary (scared the hell out of me at first!) This is 9/10 vacuum leak issue. You can follow my new vacuum thread here, which I am sure a lot of smart audi folks will give lots of great suggestions on how to locate these leaks and where they may be (common areas). If you have any specific questions about this code PM me!

    Thanks guys!



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2014 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.