Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Suntan lotion/zinc oxide stains in my A4 S-line Titanium package!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Can anyone help me with how to remove kid's suntan lotion stains (containing zinc oxide) from the dash, glove box, seats and door of my black on black A4 titanium package? A friend's child got it all over the place and warm water will not get the stains out since the stuff is made to not come off in water. If someone could give me some help in how to remove the stains and what to use to re-treat the areas, I would be grateful. The car is only 2 weeks old and I am sick over it. Thanks in advance.

Veteran Member Three Rings Alister's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi RS5, Audi A6 Avant

My recommendation would be a 'General Purpose Cleaner' - something like the Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner which would be available from Phil@DetailersDomain.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks. I will check that out. Do I need to dilute it or just put it onndirectly? Thanks again.

Veteran Member Three Rings Crucible35's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 B8 A4 2.0T Prem. Quattro

You may also want to check out either Einzett Cockpit Premium or Poorboys Natural.....I've used both and they work very well at getting "stuff" off all surfaces other than leather seating which would need a leather cleaner/conditioner if you got any on there.
    Bone Stock....'til I get my next one. Gots me some cool tips tho!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jaguar XFR V8 Stratus Grey ’10- Audi S8 4.2 Night Blue Pearl '08 - Mercedes 380SL Beige '84

I would suggest a degreaser (Leather Master™ Leather Degreaser) an aerosol product for cleaning oily stains; it dissolves and removes oil and grease from finihed leather surfaces.

Once the stain(s) are removed follow up with (Leather Master™ Protection Cream) an aqueous (water- based) protector that places an invisible, breathable sacrificial barrier between you and your leather. This system is for you to protect your Leather first, and then follow a routine of cleaning and re-protection. This way you are not actually cleaning the Leather's original surface, but cleaning from the surface of the protection.
    ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog TOGWT