Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings richib86's Avatar
    AZ Member #

apikol LW front rotors

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    i doubt this is a repost but if it is my bad. but in the newest eurotuner i found these and figured id share
    2014 S4, 6MT, phantom black, Black/Magma leather, carbon trim, B&O, NAV, sport diff, alu-optics, black optic grill, Kivic one wireless mirroring, P3 boost gauge, APR 93 flash, APR pulley, APR intake stg1+2, APR CPS v2, Miltek Valvsonic exhaust, Eurocode sways+end links, Eurocode short throw, Apikol diff mount, 034 trans mount, Brembo GT 380mm, H&R OE sport springs, HRE P43SC 19x9.5 tinted clear finish.

Forum Moderator Four Rings Blake P's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks promising. Never heard of Apikol.
    2012 Q7 3.0T: graphite, prestige, S Line Plus, adaptive air suspension

Senior Member Three Rings MRxPresident's Avatar
    AZ Member #

went to the website and couldn't find the rotors, but they do make the porsche brake kit like ecs does
    2010 Phantom Black S4 Prestige 6MT | Nappa Blk/Sil | 30% Tint | Painted Front Plate Delete & Grill | Hoen H11 Enduro Fogs | Red SC'd Badges | Rear Plate LEDs
    Forgestar F14 18x9.5 | H&R Coils re-valved | JHM SS | SS Lines & RBF600 | AP Racing Rotors & Carbotech XP10 | GMG F/R Sways
    VAG'd | Milltek non-res w/ DPs | Stratmosphere Hyperflow | APR 93 Tune | Future: Pully & Switching mode please!

Veteran Member Four Rings NWS4Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Range Rover Evoque 2010 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by Blake P View Post
    Looks promising. Never heard of Apikol.
    Me either, though with StopTech ST-60 I lost 5.4 lbs per rotor...

Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
    StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System
    Alu-Kreuz, Apikol rear diff mount, 034 transmission mount

Veteran Member Four Rings richib86's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i had a rear diff mount for my rs4 from them. they do a lot of racing stuff so im sure this would be a quality part
    2014 S4, 6MT, phantom black, Black/Magma leather, carbon trim, B&O, NAV, sport diff, alu-optics, black optic grill, Kivic one wireless mirroring, P3 boost gauge, APR 93 flash, APR pulley, APR intake stg1+2, APR CPS v2, Miltek Valvsonic exhaust, Eurocode sways+end links, Eurocode short throw, Apikol diff mount, 034 trans mount, Brembo GT 380mm, H&R OE sport springs, HRE P43SC 19x9.5 tinted clear finish.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

They have a facebook page. They say they save 5lbs over stock. Look like they've been available for 2 months. Couldn't find them on their website.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    13 S8, 15 Macan Turbo, 04 Ducati SS1000DS

2013 Daytona S8, B&O, Bk alcantara, Solar, 360 camera, adaptive cruise,
    2015 Rhodium Macan Turbo, BK alcantara, Loaded.

Veteran Member Four Rings apexit1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Just got off the phone with them. Price is 799 for both, fully floating and directional. Apparently our stock rotors are directional but only in one direction so one runs hotter than the other. The replacement rings are going to be around 200 and the hardware kit that they reccomend is going to be around 35 a corner. So it looks like initially it might be a little more expensive but it'll pay off in the long run with the rings being so much cheaper. Weight savings is 3lbs a corner. I'll be giving them a call when I'm in need of new brakes.

Forgot to ask about different finish options and patterns.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So which is it 3lb or 5? The Stoptech rotors alone save 5, are directional and replacement rotors are about the same - they might even source from the same place. The entire BBK saves 10lbs per front corner (pads included) once you swap out the caliper too.
    Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System

Veteran Member Four Rings apexit1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I called and was told 3, he may have been mistaken but thats what he said

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NWS4Guy View Post
    they might even source from the same place.
    Well, I can assure you that StopTech definitely makes their own. I was lucky enough to take a tour of their Compton, CA facility when I was down there to lend my car for R&D on the ST-40 kit. It was pretty incredible being able to witness the process of making rotors from raw materials to the final product. Definitely a first class operation, from engineering all the way to packaging!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blake P View Post
    Well, I can assure you that StopTech definitely makes their own. I was lucky enough to take a tour of their Compton, CA facility when I was down there to lend my car for R&D on the ST-40 kit. It was pretty incredible being able to witness the process of making rotors from raw materials to the final product. Definitely a first class operation, from engineering all the way to packaging!
    Good to know (both that they make their own and that they are in COMPTON?!)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NWS4Guy View Post
    Good to know (both that they make their own and that they are in COMPTON?!)
    It's not as bad as it sounds. Compton today is not like it was in the 80's. Many of the "projects" were torn down to build large industrial buildings. Sure, the surrounding area is no Beverly Hills... but it's not like the rap songs would have you believe either.