Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings NPuter's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 MBZ E400 Cab/'13 Subaru Outback 3.6R

NPuter's build thread

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thread updated 9-22-12

Right after I picked her up!

First Mod! Bi-Xenon Retrofit (and the beginning of a very long road )

S-Line Bumper! (the result of someone hitting me in a parking lot)

20% Ceramic Tint

Paddle Shifters and Gloss Black MMI Surround

LED Taillights (Europrice group buy) (before David's coding - reason why the rear fogs are on)

ST Coilovers | Hartmann Hartmann HTT-256-MA:M - 19x8.5 ET38 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/35/19 - The big transformation!!!

Slammed!

S4 Alu Splitter | Centercaps

Photoshoot!

Debadge & Clear Plastidip Rear Rings & Luminics JDM Yellow Fogs (not shown)

FixxFest 8 - 2011

Photoshoot w/ Topgun008!
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...mp-S4-Content)

I installed Blesk Festoon LED Plate Lights somewhere along the way - you can see those here:

Winter2011-Flickr-2606 by NPuter, on Flickr

Carbonio Intake

S-Line Rear (after yet another accident)

S4 Black Optics Grille

Photoshoot with Mops and JOS4AUDI! Coming Soon...

Original First post:

Well...

These are my thoughts for future mods...
    I am not interested in performance mods- I feel that I would enjoy aesthetic mods more...

Wheels: I currently have the crappy premium 17inchers, so a wheel upgrade is obvious - However, the price of a wheel upgrade kinda dissuades me. (Would also have to do coilovers to lower - don't want springs)
    If I were to do wheels, I would get gunmetal VMR V710s and ST coilovers.
    This will come in the future, but I want to plan my other mods around my future gunmetal wheels.

As you all know, I replaced my bumper with the s-line version. That along drained ~$350 from my future mod budget.
    However, my shop screwed up with the end plate (they used the non s-line version) so I will be fixing that in the near future.
    Obviously, that involves removing the bumper - so I am planning on doing something with the grille while it is off the car.
    I am thinking of plastidiping the gray part of it and leaving the chrome.. (I now have chrome on my fog grilles, so I feel that I should leave the grille chrome to tie in with them).

I also want to do something with my splitter (that my shop painted my body color). One of the whole reasons that I upgraded to the s-line bumper was the ability to have the contrasting splitter.
    Options: paint it some other color, order a new (unpainted) one. I am thinking of painting it with the same color as VMR's gunmetal finish - what do you guys think?

Rear Diffuser:
    I really don't like the look of my stock valance and really like the look of the votex one... I would definitely paint the main part brilliant black. However, I do not know what to do with the strip that goes around it. Ideally, it should be the same as my front splitter (VMR gunmetal?)

Side Blades:
    These come dead last on my wanted list.... Once everything else is completed, I will consider these. For the color, again VMR Gunmetal?

My main conundrum is what color I should paint the front splitter, side blades, and strip on the votex valance... I was originally going to do quartz gray, but now that I am considering gunmetal wheels, I do not think that would match...

Interior:
    I have the possibility of buying a S-Line steering wheel. I REALLY want paddle shifters (and the perforated leather) - so this is pretty high on my list.
    I have all the materials to paint the MMI and vent surround gloss black - I just have to find the time..

Sorry for the super long post... I am unsure of what do do and would really appreciate everyone's feedback
    Last edited by NPuter; 09-22-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well if colours are your biggest consurn, you might want to hunt the net/forums for pictures and compair. Photoshopping them will help, but keep in mind a picture will always be slightly different then the real deal. Not sure on other colours but i noticed that my RS5 grill in gunmetal is very different then on pictures as it hugely depends on lightning conditions and how you look at it. On some angles it looks nearly super gloss grey, other angles it is pretty dark. Just saying it might depend as well where that part gets mounted (lower side of car, angle shape of part).
    In the end, colours can be changed if you don't like them. Just let someone do it that has experience with it.
    *Refurring to your dashboard trims for example. I decided not to paint them myself but let it a professional guy do it in a cabin...as gloss black is very hard to do right.
    Imho, you can't really go wrong with sticking to a 2 colour theme (black -gunmetal).
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL dynamic tails | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler (JD) | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom tailgate spoiler & diffuser | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp
    In development: R8GT steeringwheel | FIS controler (mmi gauges)

Veteran Member Three Rings rippin'av's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '00 S4 Stage 3, '05 LR3, '08 ML63 AMG, '02 BMW 1150GS, '71 BMW R75/5
    Items for Sale

Brilliant black with gunmetal would look pretty good IMO. As long as you match the front with rear so they have the same theme, that would be cool. I've seen something similar in with brushed alluminum and it looks good but in some cases it could be a bit too much contrast for some tastes, the subtle contrast of the gunmetal should really work. But regarding the side blades, not so sure...would have to see that in photoshop or somebody else before I did something like that. Happy moddin'
    2015 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
    2000 S4 6MT ASP Stage 3

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I am of the same mind as you. I am holding off on the wheels and performance mods. I am finishing up the hill-hold mod (not necessarily useful, but still cool).

How about some of the simpler mods: Tweeters, Warning Triangle, and possibly a bit harder--folding side mirrors??
    Installed: Grocery Hooks, BLESK Plate bulbs, iPhone Extension, VAG-Com, Luminics JDM Yellow Fogs, Chrome Grille Inserts, Rear 12v power, Underseat Storage, Folding Side Mirrors, B&O Tweeters, E-Codes with BLESK 5000K, Audi Hill Hold, S-Line Rear Bumper, Warning Triangle, DIS Stalk, Full-Function Rear Power Locks, ADS, Mirror with Compass, Q5 Wheels
    Next Up: Parking Sensors

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexasEric View Post
    I am of the same mind as you. I am holding off on the wheels and performance mods. I am finishing up the hill-hold mod (not necessarily useful, but still cool).

How about some of the simpler mods: Tweeters, Warning Triangle, and possibly a bit harder--folding side mirrors??
    Those are the kind of mods I enjoy... except for the Warning Triangle - don't really get the hype about that...
    Folding side mirrors would be cool - except they are expensive... (and does the fold on lock work with non-mmi?)
    Tweeters are also cool...

Right now, I think the S-Line steering wheel (and trip computer buttons) are at the top of my list... I really dislike the way the CVT behaves in D and mostly drive it in M - I would get a ton of use out of the paddle shifters...

I really like the way the front of my car looks... Blacking out the grille (except for the chrome) and doing something with the splitter is definitely going to happen because they are not cost prohibitive... I have to say the front is my favorite part of my car. I kinda hate the side (because of the wheels) and I am okay with the back... (I think it would look better with the votex valance)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Those are the kind of mods I enjoy... except for the Warning Triangle - don't really get the hype about that...
    Folding side mirrors would be cool - except they are expensive... (and does the fold on lock work with non-mmi?)
    Tweeters are also cool...
    Warning triangle is just a fun little thing - in the US, the usefulness is very low IMO.

Side mirrors can be costly. It is definitely cheaper to source the parts yourself from the UK. Very easy to do this.

Tweeters are also cool, but I really can't hear that much of a difference. Still cool.

Where are you sourcing the steering wheel, ebay.de? If do, the search term to use there is 'Audi Lenkrad'

Other options... spacers, phone-mount,... heck, just check out DavidB8's signature .
    Installed: Grocery Hooks, BLESK Plate bulbs, iPhone Extension, VAG-Com, Luminics JDM Yellow Fogs, Chrome Grille Inserts, Rear 12v power, Underseat Storage, Folding Side Mirrors, B&O Tweeters, E-Codes with BLESK 5000K, Audi Hill Hold, S-Line Rear Bumper, Warning Triangle, DIS Stalk, Full-Function Rear Power Locks, ADS, Mirror with Compass, Q5 Wheels
    Next Up: Parking Sensors

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I say get the steering wheel first and then pursue your gunmetal theme. On brilliant black that'd be sick. The order in which you get the other parts doesnt matter, we just want to see the pics when you get em installed.

AZ Member #

Do what makes you the most happy... If having paddles on a wheel is what is on your mind every time you drive your car now, go for the wheel.
    If upon entering your car, you don't really like the way the car looks on those 17's, get new wheels and/or coils. (I have ST coils on order, can't wait to install them)

If you feel you wish you had more power, go with a tune or HFC.
    2008 Audi B7 RS4 | Milltek Non-Res Valved | MTM Spacers | 034 Rear Sway Bar, Diff Mount Insert, MAF Hose | ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines F and R | Tint | Spyder Rear LED Taillights | Full Interior and License Plate LEDs | Weather Tech Mats

SOLD: 2010 PB A5 Quattro

Registered Member Two Rings Spanishflie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 X6 5.0, 2011 E93,Porsche Cayenne S, BMW M6, BMW E30 325CIC
    Items for Sale

you can get things off the classifieds if you are on a budget.. i think a good and inexpensive mod would be a black out grill like this one..

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...s-black&cat=75

Registered Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Spanishflie View Post
    you can get things off the classifieds if you are on a budget.. i think a good and inexpensive mod would be a black out grill like this one..

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...s-black&cat=75
    GET OUT OF HERE TRYING TO ADVERTISE YOUR GRILL

Senior Member Three Rings joeyo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Highlander Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    GET OUT OF HERE TRYING TO ADVERTISE YOUR GRILL
    LOL I saw him post that in 2 threads this morning.

Edit: I see you posted this in both already
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Sold:
    2010 Audi A4 Premium Quattro Tiptronic: Ibis White/Black
    APR Stage 1, 19" Hyper Silver VMR V708, H&R OE Sport Springs, Halogen-->Bi-Xenon Conversion, Hoen Endurance Yellow Fogs, 20% Tint, Glossy Black 3.2 Grille w/ Plate Delete, A4L Fog Light Grilles, License Plate LEDs, Debadged, OEM Exhaust Tips, VAG-COM'd

Registered Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by joeyo View Post
    LOL I saw him post that in 2 threads this morning.

Edit: I see you posted this in both already
    He's got it in 3! WTH

Veteran Member Three Rings Cherub's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Golf & Q5

LMAO Rolling. NPuter, if you don't like the wheels, upgrade them. I think you want the S4 steering wheel, so I say go for what would make you happier. Good luck with your choices.

B9 Current
    B8.5s White/Blue & B7 Silver- Sold
    Tints, Suspension, Wheels & More..........

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hey everyone... I'm ordering some AZ swag (did I really just say that?)

What color should I get my AZ decals in? I'm thinking white... (I'm going to put them in the small rear windows)
    Are there any pictures of the different colors or of the metallic ones at all?

I am also ordering the plate frame (the cheap one) to replace my audi of Pembroke pines one...

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 B8 Aruba Blue (discontiuned) 2.0T

NPuter, I think you are on the right track for your mod plan. Diffuser, side blades and splitter to complete the look. Gunmetal is a nice theme for your brilliant black! When can we see some progress here?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by naemcivic View Post
    NPuter, I think you are on the right track for your mod plan. Diffuser, side blades and splitter to complete the look. Gunmetal is a nice theme for your brilliant black! When can we see some progress here?
    S-Line wheel will set me back quite a bit unfortunately... However, that is on the top of the list right now... After that, the progression will probably be: Rear diffuser, coils, wheels, sideblades, ???

Front end is definitely happening in the near future... I'm going to plasti-dip the gray areas of the grille (leaving the chrome for now - I can always vinyl that in the future), fix my end plate, install the vertical slats, and paint the splitter. That should complete my front... Still trying to decide on trim color (for splitter, sideblades, and rear votex strip) - I think I am going to send an email to VMR and see if I can get a match to their gunmetal... I was originally planning quartz gray (because I LOVE the color), but I really like gunmetal wheels on BB so, quatz is pretty much out of the question...

I am going to paint my MMI trim gloss black and debadge the back this weekend...

Rough eta for all of this - late summer...
    Last edited by NPuter; 03-31-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Info@EuroCode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Aesthetically pleasing to me

EuroCode Tuning, Inc.
    1872 Del Amo Blvd Unit A
    Torrance, CA 90501
    310-294-8108
    2012/2013 APR United States Distributor of the Year

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a RS6 wheel... Thoughts?

Registered User Three Rings Watercooledind's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would recommend the ST Coils and the VMR wheels. PM me for pricing if anyones interested.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooledind View Post
    I would recommend the ST Coils and the VMR wheels. PM me for pricing if anyones interested.
    I would love to do that, but that is out of my budget right now (I can get a good deal on the steering wheel)... I think I am going to put the wheels and suspension off until the summer...

Registered User Three Rings Watercooledind's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would love to do that, but that is out of my budget right now (I can get a good deal on the steering wheel)... I think I am going to put the wheels and suspension off until the summer...
    Nice! Steering wheel will look great.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooledind View Post
    Nice! Steering wheel will look great.
    You have email

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 B8 Aruba Blue (discontiuned) 2.0T

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a RS6 wheel... Thoughts?
    I thought you meant RS6 steering wheel. lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by naemcivic View Post
    I thought you meant RS6 steering wheel. lol
    That is what I meant lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Well, RS6 steering wheel looks like it's not going to happen
    However, I will probably purchase an S-Line wheel instead.. That would free up some cash so I could buy the trip computer stalk to retrofit along with the wheel
    We will see what happens...

Tint is coming soon! What do you guys think of 30% all around?

Veteran Member Four Rings MiracleWhips's Avatar
    AZ Member #

30% tint is a solid choice.

It is in the dark, but not corny looking dark range.

Should help with that South Florida heat!
    APR II+ / STaSIS 23mm RARB / AWE FMIC & Exhaust / Eurocode IP / Carbonio / 034 HFC & TIP / 20% Tint / S5 Mirrors / Rotiform MIAs 19x8.5 / Hankook 255/35 / H&R Avant Sport Springs / RS6 Pedals / Hoen Fogs /Stoneguards / ecodes / A4L Fog grills

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MiracleWhips View Post
    30% tint is a solid choice.

It is in the dark, but not corny looking dark range.

Should help with that South Florida heat!
    That is what I am hoping (I assume ceramic tint is a must?) - does anyone have the P/N of the Audi Windshield Heat Shield? My car pretty much sits in direct sunlight for about 8 hours every weekday
    Also, should I do the top strip on the windshield?

Veteran Member Four Rings jbradle7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 1973 Triumph TR5T

does anyone have the P/N of the Audi Windshield Heat Shield? My car pretty much sits in direct sunlight for about 8 hours every weekday
    ZAW400824
    http://audi.bernardiparts.com/produc...W-400-824.aspx
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4-...hade/ES473452/
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...light=sunshade

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Established Member Two Rings Jdaly9056L's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Suzuki GSXR600, 1997 cadillac seville, 750cc Turbo custom race bike, Buell Firebolt w/ mods
    Items for Sale

Isnt there some sort of film that can be applied to the windshield to greatly reduce the sunrays from coming into the car? Im not really sure... I dont mean straight up window tint but just some sort of clear or close to clear film... Does anyone have this or have seen it?
    2010 Audi A4 B8 Premium platinum black w/ bluetooth phone, AMI, heated seats

Modifications: APR turboback exhaust, APR stage II, K&N Typhoon Intake, Bixenon Headlight Conversion, FMIC Pipe, Interior LED's, LED License Plate lights, Tinted head/tail lights, 30 % tints, ECS Tune Glossy Black Grille, Adams Drilled and slotted black zinc rotors w/ PQ Pads
    Future Modifications: APR K04 Turbo, 19inch VMR 701's, H&R OE sport springs or coilovers.

Senior Member Three Rings a4_bob's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Doesn't FL allow you to tint the entire windshield? a light ceramic there would help a lot with heat and not be a pita to deal with, like the crappy shield.
    2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition
    Previous: 2011 B8 A4 Loaded | Meteor Gray, APR Stage 2
    Previous: 2009 B8 A4 Stripper | DeepSeaBlue, APR Stage1

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by a4_bob View Post
    Doesn't FL allow you to tint the entire windshield? a light ceramic there would help a lot with heat and not be a pita to deal with, like the crappy shield.
    If it was legal I would... can anyone confirm? (on my phone now so can't really check)

EDIT: Just found this:
    Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line
    I guess that's a no...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NPuter; 04-18-2011 at 05:16 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 B8 A4 2.0t quattro '15 Q5 3.0T
    Items for Sale

Does that sunshield actually fit our winshields? I have a sunshield that is basically useless because it requires the visors to be bent past their maximum angle (anyone else think our visor hinges suck?) to hold it up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Small update:

Here are some pics with the 20% ceramic... (freshly washed )

Future mods: LED tails (near future), ST coils, and VMR V710 gunmetal...

I am going to order the S-Line endplate so I can get that fixed... I am going to plastidip my grille while I have my bumper off. I'm going to to a matte black center and keep the chrome surround.

Veteran Member Four Rings tenfour's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    clutter

Tint looks great! Just slapped on my ST coils on and they are great. Keep us posted on your future mods!
    -roger
    current ride: ibis white B8 A4 2.0T

Stock...

former rides: 08 G37s 6sp (sold), 99.5 b5 5sp quattro (sold), 04 E46 M3 6sp (sold)

Established Member Two Rings Jdaly9056L's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Suzuki GSXR600, 1997 cadillac seville, 750cc Turbo custom race bike, Buell Firebolt w/ mods
    Items for Sale

Nice! Kinda wish i went a bit darker then 35%... the 20% looks real nice!! Cant wait to se the car with the VMR's!!
    2010 Audi A4 B8 Premium platinum black w/ bluetooth phone, AMI, heated seats

Modifications: APR turboback exhaust, APR stage II, K&N Typhoon Intake, Bixenon Headlight Conversion, FMIC Pipe, Interior LED's, LED License Plate lights, Tinted head/tail lights, 30 % tints, ECS Tune Glossy Black Grille, Adams Drilled and slotted black zinc rotors w/ PQ Pads
    Future Modifications: APR K04 Turbo, 19inch VMR 701's, H&R OE sport springs or coilovers.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdaly9056L View Post
    Nice! Kinda wish i went a bit darker then 35%... the 20% looks real nice!! Cant wait to se the car with the VMR's!!
    I can't either ... I pretty much depleted my funds with the LED taillights, so wheels are on hold until around August...

Veteran Member Four Rings OmaHahn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1st owner '64 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible D-Code (dads) '14 Ford Taurus SHO tuned 640 HP

Hey NPuter! What will you do with your 17" wheels when you buy the new shoes? I also have the crappy 17" but I think I like yours more than mine! I have the real ugly 10-spoke design that looks almost IDENTICAL to what comes on Toyota's Corolla & Camry! UGH! I would consider buying yours. My issue is I am throwing way too much money into my car with all my mods, I was thinking about new wheels & tires also but the ones I like are over $2k! That would push all my mods to around $4k. Might be smarter to take that money and spread it over a new car loan for a S4 instead of trying to make my A4 into a S4 replica.
    2009 A4 Premium Plus, 3.2 V6
    2014 Ford SHO, 3.5 twin turbo with mods, 640HP, daily driver

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible, D-Code (original owner, Dad's ride I'm storing)

www.SmartBallGolf.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHahn View Post
    Hey NPuter! What will you do with your 17" wheels when you buy the new shoes? I also have the crappy 17" but I think I like yours more than mine! I have the real ugly 10-spoke design that looks almost IDENTICAL to what comes on Toyota's Corolla & Camry! UGH! I would consider buying yours. My issue is I am throwing way too much money into my car with all my mods, I was thinking about new wheels & tires also but the ones I like are over $2k! That would push all my mods to around $4k. Might be smarter to take that money and spread it over a new car loan for a S4 instead of trying to make my A4 into a S4 replica.
    I agree with you... I absolutely hate the 2009 premium wheels; I really don't know what audi was thinking with those... (and I say this with no offense intended at all)
    I also hate my wheels, but would take them over the 2009.

I guess I would be open to selling them... I originally intended to keep them as spares and would swap back them them when I sell the car...
    However, if I were you, I would spend a little bit more on something a lot nicer - i.e. the 18in sport wheels...

Veteran Member Four Rings OmaHahn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1st owner '64 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible D-Code (dads) '14 Ford Taurus SHO tuned 640 HP

I agree with you... I absolutely hate the 2009 premium wheels; I really don't know what audi was thinking with those... (and I say this with no offense intended at all)
    I also hate my wheels, but would take them over the 2009.

I guess I would be open to selling them... I originally intended to keep them as spares and would swap back them them when I sell the car...
    However, if I were you, I would spend a little bit more on something a lot nicer - i.e. the 18in sport wheels...
    I agree also! Where do I look for those 18" sports wheels? But then again I have to buy new rubber also - so 4 new wheels and 4 new tires will add up instead of just the new 17" wheels and use those with my existing tires.
    2009 A4 Premium Plus, 3.2 V6
    2014 Ford SHO, 3.5 twin turbo with mods, 640HP, daily driver

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible, D-Code (original owner, Dad's ride I'm storing)

www.SmartBallGolf.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast