Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

WHY does it still say low oil when dipstick says OK???

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I hate this onboard oil gauge. I bought a dipstick to be more accurate, but this weekend on the way out of town, it said low oil "add 1 1/2 quart max." Great, I add 1.5 quart and will go home to check with the dipstick. Well dipstick shows it just slightly over the dots on the dipstick indicative of good range, but below MAX on dipstick.

It has been over a day of driving and it still shows the damn low oil indicator. Am I reading this dipstick wrong?? Does it take days for the oil indicator to change? I put my OBD2 scanner to it to erase codes, but it is still there!
    815+ HP HP in garage:

2009 Audi S5 | JHM tune | Miltek non-resonated | kw coil overs | e-codes | AWE S-Flo | Valentine 1 stealth mounted | Laser Interceptor | HID fogs
    2000 Stage 3 Audi S4 with 450 HP

Veteran Member Three Rings karp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 3.0 Quattro 05 SUPERCHARGED =]

your car is a lemon... give it to me.
    Check out my solo music project... Please hit the like button!!! http://www.facebook.com/joshkarpmusic
    Check out my clothing line : Naked Clothing Co. at http://www.GetNakedClothing.net
    Buy My single on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hon...le/id520590980

Veteran Member Four Rings JimmyBones's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The hood switches have been going bad a lot recently and try opening the hood for a minute with the engine off/ignition on before checking the oil level in the display. If level is still saying low and to add oil you probably need a hood switch.
    Ex-Audi Tech

Current cars:
    2004 S4 6MT - JBones's Silver Bullet B6 S4
    2000 A6 2.7T 6MT - DD
    1991 BMW 850i 6MT - V12 project

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Exactly what Jimmy said. I'm in the process of having my hood switch replaced. Went through the same problem your going through now..

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

ok my hood switch is dead.

so my car has had dead parking brake module which made my cruise control dead, entire transmission replaced, rattles and now dead hood switch.
    815+ HP HP in garage:

2009 Audi S5 | JHM tune | Miltek non-resonated | kw coil overs | e-codes | AWE S-Flo | Valentine 1 stealth mounted | Laser Interceptor | HID fogs
    2000 Stage 3 Audi S4 with 450 HP