Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings ProfileX's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S5 2011 Sprint Blue

Which fuse for Cruise Control?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anyone know which fuse handles the cruise control? I checked the fuse box cover but the diagram doesn't list cruise control specifically. It does say something about more fuses in the "E-box and auxiliary relay bracket".

I found some similar threads talking about clutch and brake pedal sensors:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...a-few-days-ago...
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...2-Can-t-Cruise!

It's out of warranty, before I head down that path or take it to the dealer I just want to find out which fuse to check. Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings BUD-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 MT6, Honda Civic Hybrid
    Items for Sale

I am interested in this as well...
    .:B7 ///S4:.
    VIDEO -> Exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings BUD-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 MT6, Honda Civic Hybrid
    Items for Sale

Bump!

Little help.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S5 2011 Sprint Blue

I can't start the car without the clutch in, so I don't think that sensor is bad, and my brake lights work, so the pedal sensors are probably OK, unless there's more than one sensor for each pedal. I don't have any road trips planned, most of my driving is in the city so it's not a rush for me.

I pulled out each fuse that seemed like it might be related to cruise, none were obviously blown. I've had fuses look OK and still be bad, but I would think if it's a bad fuse and it's shared with other things besides cruise I would notice those things not working. Maybe this fuse is located somewhere else, like the "E-box and auxiliary relay bracket" that the panel mentions, I'll do some research.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S5 2011 Sprint Blue

I got this fixed on my last trip to the dealer, it was a clutch cancel switch, apparently it's different from what prevents the engine from starting. $54 parts/$115 labor.

Senior Member Three Rings dr.evil's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got a P/N for that switch? I haven't had working cruise in my car since I bought it 4 years ago, and would like to finally get it working. Thanks.
    2014 SQ5 Prestige - Glacier White
    2004 S4 Avant 6MT - Brilliant Black

Established Member Two Rings PBallard's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dr.evil View Post
    Got a P/N for that switch? I haven't had working cruise in my car since I bought it 4 years ago, and would like to finally get it working. Thanks.
    Dont remember the code but mine went out about 3 months ago. Super easy DIY and the dealership charged me I think $20 for the part. It was well worth it to me to have cruise control. haha.
    Brilliant Black B6 S4
    JHM Flash, JHM/FI Dowpipes [Gutted], JHM/FI Catback, Rotiform BLQ's, 15% Tint

JHMotorsports

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Newbie here...I replaced the clutch switch. Pretty easy job, it just clicked into place with a good turn. However, it didn't fix the problems. My revs are still sticking and the cruise does not work. How do I test the switch?