Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings kaklexicon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

TPMS Warning Won't go away.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So my TPMS warning came on, the one that looks like this ( ! ) and it won't go away. I made sure the tire pressure was correct in all 4 tires and it's still there. Is this a known issue with the sensors going bad or something? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GSX-R 600 Red Matte Black

if you changed your rims this could happen... how much did you fill up?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '08 A4 Avant SE, '99 4Runner

Did you reset or "Store" the pressures using the DIS and the wiper stalk buttons? If you have the multi-function stalk there is a menu in there to have it reset the pressures.

AZ Member #

I haven't changed my wheels they are stock 17's. I did read in the manual about resetting it but with that warning light on I can't even get to the menu. I just filled them up to 35 psi, but I didn't do it in the cold so maybe that's why??

Veteran Member Four Rings GA42.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My TPMS came on. I filled tire with air and it still stayed on for a while. But after restarting the car, it finally went out. Guess you've turned the car on/off several times and it's still on?
    Jamie | 2008 2.0T FWD 6MT Brilliant Black S-like
    S-line Suspension+B5 Spring Perchs | RAI HFC | ER SMIC | 034 TIP | B8 18X8 Sport Wheels | Spacers: 10/12.5mm | RS4 Sway | "D" DV | De-badge | S4 Blackout Grill | Euro RNS-E | OEM Ecode Xenons | Clear Side Markers | Cupra Lip | S4 Mirror Caps | ECS Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors | Ceramic Pads | Poser S-line Door Badges | Podi | 034 Catch Can. Go: Still Stage Zero

Established Member Two Rings JPthaJedi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had the same problem.. Instead of saving the tire pressure settings on the DIS.. Try select the 2nd option.. I think it's wheel change.. And the problem
    Should go away

AZ Member #

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot tonight after work.

Veteran Member Four Rings Quattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    DUH! an Audi

as repetitive as this might sound, reset the tpms that is what I do for my sis car when it comes on.

Veteran Member Four Rings fly300kts's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Golf GTI - 03 Golf 2.0l - 04 Golf 2.0L
    Items for Sale

WAG COM and get rid of it!!!!!!!!!

Phil

Veteran Member Four Rings Sly Raskal's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Audi A4 Avant SE 2.0T 6spd Titanium Edition

Do you have the full size spare? Check the pressure on that tire too. I had this problem, checked the spare, added air, and the problem went away.
    -Anil

'08 A4 Avant SE 2.0T, Ibis/Ebony, Titanium, 6-Speed, Complete S-Line Package, Quattro, APR Fully Loaded Stage 2 Tunes (stock, 91, 93, 100), APR HPFP, Okada Coilpacks, Stasis Exhaust, Apikol Snub, RS4 RSB, LLumar CTX 50 Tint (Sides,Rear), LLumar Air 80 Tint (Windshield), Cool Box (Delivery - June/2008)

Awaiting Install: A.W.E. FMIC, 034 Engine Mounts, 034 Trans Mount, 034 Turbo Inlet Hose, Podi Vent Gauge

Veteran Member Four Rings GA42.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Raskal View Post
    Do you have the full size spare? Check the pressure on that tire too. I had this problem, checked the spare, added air, and the problem went away.
    Dam. Really? It reads tire pressure of spare too? I'm impressed.
    Jamie | 2008 2.0T FWD 6MT Brilliant Black S-like
    S-line Suspension+B5 Spring Perchs | RAI HFC | ER SMIC | 034 TIP | B8 18X8 Sport Wheels | Spacers: 10/12.5mm | RS4 Sway | "D" DV | De-badge | S4 Blackout Grill | Euro RNS-E | OEM Ecode Xenons | Clear Side Markers | Cupra Lip | S4 Mirror Caps | ECS Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors | Ceramic Pads | Poser S-line Door Badges | Podi | 034 Catch Can. Go: Still Stage Zero

Senior Member Three Rings Boxmods360's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    refrigerator, tools, Audi

Check the spare in the trunk, it may be a bit low. The TPMS measures all 5 wheels.
    2008 A4 2.0T Quartz Grey - Vag-com - TSW Croft 19" 8.5F 9.5B - 10" Alpine Type R sub w/ PDX-M6 amp in a custom made fiberglass box - AUX mod - smoked reflectors - Plasti dip grill & window trim- 5000K Fogs - Red LED interior - Homemade Carbon Fiber trim - 640 mod - REVO ST1 - APR carbonio - OEM Xenon headlights w/ Phil's LED w/ 6000k Headlights

My CF trim <-click-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    DUH! an Audi

wtf, i have never heard of the spare tire being monitored and needed to be corrected if low when not in use.....thats cool.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
    wtf, i have never heard of the spare tire being monitored and needed to be corrected if low when not in use.....thats cool.
    I thought the same. I thought the wheel had to be in use in order for it to register, but apparently not all systems function in that manner.

But it actually makes sense. Wouldn't it suck if your full size spare was out of air when you got a flat?
    -Anil

'08 A4 Avant SE 2.0T, Ibis/Ebony, Titanium, 6-Speed, Complete S-Line Package, Quattro, APR Fully Loaded Stage 2 Tunes (stock, 91, 93, 100), APR HPFP, Okada Coilpacks, Stasis Exhaust, Apikol Snub, RS4 RSB, LLumar CTX 50 Tint (Sides,Rear), LLumar Air 80 Tint (Windshield), Cool Box (Delivery - June/2008)

Awaiting Install: A.W.E. FMIC, 034 Engine Mounts, 034 Trans Mount, 034 Turbo Inlet Hose, Podi Vent Gauge

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    DUH! an Audi

hey anil, how you been?

thats interesting, never knew that...my sis on her benz is not like that...you learn something new every day!

Veteran Member Four Rings mr shickadance's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    tucson
    Items for Sale

this happens to me twice a year its always the spare tire that triggers the tpms its because of the seasons, weather is getting colder so the air in your tire is getting less dense and sets off the tpms

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
    hey anil, how you been?

thats interesting, never knew that...my sis on her benz is not like that...you learn something new every day!
    Hey Randy! Been good, super busy last few months. Wife and I moved into a new place, and we're expecting! Can't wait to buy a Recaro Child Seat! LOLZ. Because of all that haven't been able to make it out to the Pasadena meets. :(

How've you been?
    -Anil

AZ Member #

Holy shnikey I didn't even think to check the spare, I bet that's the issue. I'll check it and hopefully fix it.