Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 B6 S4 (6MT)

Cost to Replace Front Pads & Rotors ('05 B6 S4)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Audi dealer is quoting me $497 ... I am not going to do myself, so do you think I would be able to save a lot taking it to an independent shop or is this a reasonable price?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I'd actually say that price isn't that outrageous (like some of the other dealer quotes I've seen).

The parts alone from ECS run about $357 as noted in this thread. So you factor in labor and their quote is pretty close. I do think you could save some money by going to an independent shop though.
    Sprint Blue '06 S4 Saloon || Denim Blue '02 A4 1.8T Quattro - Total Loss || Laser Red '98.5 A4 1.8T Quattro - Sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '84 Ur-q, '04 S4 6MT, '08 Outback XT 5MT

Brakes are really easy to do, I can do rotors and pads in the front in a little over an hour.

I am one frugal bastard though......

Cheers,
    Jim

Veteran Member Three Rings S4King's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You can get a good setup from ECS. And the its not hard to do it yourself. There is a DIY on line.
    Last edited by S4King; 07-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 mustang convertable, 1980 chevrolet corevette stingray

when i purchased my car the previous owner gave me all the receipts for all previous services performed.... he just had the front brakes done and the bill was about 600.00.... i saw it and thought it was ridicilious, so the price you got quoted doesnt sound that bad....but then again im in a part of NY where everything is more expensive.

Veteran Member Four Rings SugarTTRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mcster View Post
    Audi dealer is quoting me $497 ... I am not going to do myself, so do you think I would be able to save a lot taking it to an independent shop or is this a reasonable price?
    that was just about my quote exactly, $506. it was from a local tire shop. what i've decided to do instead, is order the full set of rotors and pads from adams rotors (since a full set isn't that much more than the 1/2 set) and have the tire place install it. yeah it will be a little more expensive since labor is $90/hr, but i just figured i might as well get new all the way around. i still have a little life left in these brakes, so i'm not doing this til probably fall when i'm getting new tires anyway. i'm going to try and work a deal on the labor cost, since i'm purchasing expensive tires from thier shop.
    People who ignore you until it suits them to talk to you are not worth your friendship or your time.

Veteran Member Four Rings dparm's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do it yourself. It's REALLY easy. I just did my front brakes last weekend for about $150 in parts ($125 for pads, $15 for fluid, $10 for misc). Rotors would tack on another $200 for the front.
    now: 2011.5 BMW M3 sedan ZCP
    past: 2005 Audi S4 sedan, 2011 Audi S4 sedan