Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings GQ//S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8, A8L, Jetta, F-150

B5 S4 crash kills one, injures two in Tacoma last night

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hope it wasn't anybody from here, car was reported going 120 ish in a 30 mph zone, one of the guys died on impact when he was flung from the car and hit a tree...
    - Michael
    Fact: I'm Awesome
    Former: '92 911 C2, 01.5 S4 Stg 3, 00 S4

I always dreamed of walking on clouds, so I drive on air
    My logic is infallible. Always.
    Grammar Nazi #1

"I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns!!!"

Senior Member Two Rings mallrat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 A4 2.slowT ti

Sucks on so many levels. Hopefully no innocent bystanders were hurt.

Veteran Member Four Rings awdjunkies's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    sedan, avant, truck/suv

Scary stuff. That's why they always tell you, "If you are going to speed or drive erratically, Please do it on a closed course" May he/she Rest in Peace.

Veteran Member Four Rings Capt. Obvious's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '99 911 C2, big ass truck, crotch rocket

It's the not speed that kills you, it's the sudden stopping.
    -Darrick

No more Audis, but can't leave this place alone.

Veteran Member Four Rings awdjunkies's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    sedan, avant, truck/suv

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
    It's the not speed that kills you, it's the sudden stopping when traveling at a high rate of speed.
    Fixed

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Serves em all right. Why do these momos never buckle up? While I agree that speed was probably excessive I wouldn't go by eyewitness testimony of speed as its very inaccurate. However they were probablymoving at a pretty good clip, which was kind of stupid on a residential street in a 4000lb car.
    http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/

An 18-year-old man was killed and two others injured late Monday in a high-speed crash in Tacoma's West End.

The two injured young men were taken to Tacoma General Hospital for treatment, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said. Their conditions were unknown this morning.

The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office identified the dead man as Igor Kotelevskiy of Tacoma.

The crash occurred just after 10:15 p.m. in the 4600 block of North Vassault Street. A dark-colored Audi was speeding north on North Vassault Street. When it came over the hill in the 4600 block, the car appeared to have lost control, Fulghum said.

The car drifted across the roadway and struck a parked pickup truck. The Audi rolled, went over a curb, through a brushy area and stopped in the yard of a house, Fulghum said.

Two of the three men inside the car were ejected. Kotelevskiy, who was ejected, died at the scene. The initial investigation indicates he had been driving the car.

The third man had been buckled into his seat and remained in the car, Fulghum said. He appears to be the least seriously injured of the two survivors.

Police investigators were looking into what caused the crash. Speed was "definitely a contributing factor" but it was not known if alcohol or drugs were involved, Fulghum said.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/#ixzz0oygKJCwE

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    6mt 2.7 a6 with a million horsepower
    Items for Sale

That fast without seatbelts? Great choice.

Not anyone from AZ is it?
    -dre

Established Member Two Rings nwquickquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It happened like a block away from my house. I was driving home at 11pm and saw all the cop cars. The intersection it happened by is very accident prone and i figured it was something associated with converging vehicles moving through the intertsection. I could not have imagined that someone was going that fast on this road. Because of how residential this area is, this accident had the potential to be even worse. My heart goes out to the families.

Veteran Member Four Rings Capt. Obvious's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '99 911 C2, big ass truck, crotch rocket

Quote Originally Posted by nwquickquattro View Post
    It happened like a block away from my house.
    I didn't realize you lived in that area. Nice. I grew up in that neighborhood. My old house was on 35th and Baltimore, right by where the new Truman is.
    -Darrick

No more Audis, but can't leave this place alone.

Senior Member Three Rings shadwarr1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4

Wow, that's sad. I just went through that area last weekend with the fam going to Point Defiance Zoo. I used to speed when I was a kid, but not THAT excessive. And I ALWAYS wore a seatbelt no matter what.

Too bad they had to find out the "ultimate" hard way.
    2000 S4 6MT Brilliant Black ~Low Flyer~ Stage 3- stuff

Veteran Member Four Rings JoshDub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Igor Kotelevskiy sounds really familiar. Was he on NWQ?

My condolences go out to the families.
    The Awesome™

Established Member Two Rings nwquickquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My parents live up off of Vassault. My ghetto is in Parkland for school. Gotta love that area!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

that was my car

that was my s4. i sold it to a guy from my church.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Serves em all right. Why do these momos never buckle up? While I agree that speed was probably excessive I wouldn't go by eyewitness testimony of speed as its very inaccurate. However they were probablymoving at a pretty good clip, which was kind of stupid on a residential street in a 4000lb car.

so your saying that person deserved to die? thats stupid of you.

Veteran Member Four Rings Tifosi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by slavik28 View Post
    so your saying that person deserved to die? thats stupid of you.
    I don't know Igor but I do know that Igor's death was a tragedy and completely senseless. From the report, we all know that it could have been avoided easily had 1) Max not been driving like a complete idiot and 2) Igor had been wearing seatbelt or simply refused to ride in the car IF Max had been drinking. Think about it, 2 out of the 3 occupants in the car did not wear seatbelts, which was not just a severe lack of good judgement but also against the law.

While my deepest condolences goes out to the family, the trio were certainly in the wrong. It is fortunate that they did not hurt or kill someone else with their completely irresponsible behaviors.

Veteran Member Four Rings NWS4Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Range Rover Evoque 2010 Audi S4

From Facebook:

Igor passed away Monday the 24th of 2010.
    He will be forever missed.

May 24th 2010 11:00pm.
    Max Shkarin was driving, Alex Koshman was in the passenger's seat and Igor was in the back seat. Only Alex was wearing a seatbelt. The driver was speeding at speeds over 120mph. The hill caused the car to fly upwards and when the car landed it started spinning out. Both Max & Igor where thrown out of the car because of the the impact. Alex was trapped and saved by his seatbelt. Igor flew out the back window. The back of his head hit a truck. Then he flew and hit a tree. The car exhast landed on his chest and began burn him. A neighbor rushed to his side. There was alot of blood coming out of his mouth as he began screaming out in russian. The neighbor couldn't understand what he was saying but held his hand during his few last words as Igor loosened his grip and passed away.
    Though Igor has passed, he will never be forgotten.
    It's hard to put into words the impact he has put on those hearts that once surrounded him.

Max and Alex both survived.
    Max suffered internal beeding, broken ribs, and both of his legs are broken.
    Alex suffered minor cuts and bruises thanks to his seat belt.

Let this all be a lesson to be learned & forever remembered.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Ig...4670192?v=info
    Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
    StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System
    Alu-Kreuz, Apikol rear diff mount, 034 transmission mount

Veteran Member Four Rings NWS4Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Range Rover Evoque 2010 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by slavik28 View Post
    The car got airborne breifly at the top of the hill - they were going crazy fast. People who heard the car said it sounded like a jet engine. It became uncontrollable when it landed on the downhill side and hit a parked large pickup hard enough to become airborne again and land in someone's front yard, which was up a 5 foot hill from the street level. "Going at a pretty good clip" sounds like underplaying the what the facts show.
    Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
    StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System
    Alu-Kreuz, Apikol rear diff mount, 034 transmission mount

Veteran Member Three Rings brucebanner's Avatar
    AZ Member #

damn.....its sickening to the stomach to read that very illustrated description of events that whoever posted that on facebook. i hope this max kid gets what he deserves, he should be an easy target for anal rapings in prison with his two broken legs. and yes this is a lesson about wearing your seat belt, but i still do not blame Igor, although he should have known better when riding with a dumb ass driver like this Max character. But i guess at some point we all trust our lives in the hands of friends, unfortunately for Igor I dont know if these are real friends, or the type one should have.

Veteran Member Four Rings GQ//S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8, A8L, Jetta, F-150

Quote Originally Posted by NWS4Guy View Post
    From Facebook:

Max Shkarin was driving, Alex Koshman was in the passenger's seat and Igor was in the back seat. Only Alex was wearing a seatbelt. The driver was speeding at speeds over 120mph. The hill caused the car to fly upwards and when the car landed it started spinning out. Both Max & Igor where thrown out of the car because of the the impact. Alex was trapped and saved by his seatbelt. Igor flew out the back window. The back of his head hit a truck. Then he flew and hit a tree. The car exhast landed on his chest and began burn him. A neighbor rushed to his side. There was alot of blood coming out of his mouth as he began screaming out in russian. The neighbor couldn't understand what he was saying but held his hand during his few last words as Igor loosened his grip and passed away.
    Gave me a chill up my spine reading this...

Thinking back to when I was younger my friends and I weren't much better, driving customized Honda's like they were caged formula 1 cars, I guess we were just blessed to make it through it all with nothing but stories, some people aren't so fortunate and pay the price for the risks that never seem as big until the moment stops. Another waste of life that should serve as a reminder to everyone else who hear's about it.
    - Michael
    Fact: I'm Awesome
    Former: '92 911 C2, 01.5 S4 Stg 3, 00 S4

I always dreamed of walking on clouds, so I drive on air
    My logic is infallible. Always.
    Grammar Nazi #1

"I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns!!!"