Copied from another thread, Chris@ECSTuning:
This method requires 2 keys.
I'm not sure if you have a working key, if you do you shouldn't need a VAG com. Try this:
1. Take the key you DO NOT want to program and put it in the ignition. Turn it one click forward.
2. Close and lock the drivers door with the second key.
3. On the second key (the one in the drivers door) press the 'UNLOCK' button ONCE only. The lights will flash on the car, but the doors will remain locked
4. With the second key still in the drivers door, unlock then lock the door again.
5. Pull the key from the slot and test remote functions.
6. Open drivers door, remove key from ignition.
If both of your remotes don't work, do the above for the first key, but on step #3, press the 'UNLOCK' button twice. The lights will flash twice, then continue on with step #4. Also, it may be a good idea to do this with the windows down in case you accidentally lock yourself out somehow.
You can program a key with vagcom as well if this fails for whatever reason. For vag com programming: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/car...-matching.html