The car is 2005 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro automatic.
The car will not start with the key. Turning the key to the "on" position also does nothing. The steering will not unlock, the electronic parking brake will not disengage, and it will not come out of Park. Battery is good (12 volts).
I've checked the fuses on the side of the driver's kick panel and in the passenger side of the trunk. I found 1 blown 20 amp fuse at the top position int the trunk fuse panel, but replacing it did not change the behavior.
It seems like it is not recognizing that the key has been turned to the "on" position. All of the power items that should operate without the key work fine: power seats, brake lights, etc. Items that should power up with the key "on" do not get power.
I believe the problem may be either:
- Ignition Switch
- Power Supply Relay (Terminal 15)
- Access/Start Control module
1) Can someone tell me where the Power Supply Relay is located? I'd like to test for power/ground there. My diagram says "behind storage compartment, driver side", but I find no relays on the driver side of the trunk.
2) How do I go about testing the ignition switch? I have a "power distribution" wiring diagram, but it only shows the Access/Start module, not the actual ignition switch. It seems that the ignition switch is just a low-current input to this module, which uses a couple power supply relays to actually switch power.
3) Any other suggesstions or experience?