Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings ExhaustNote's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Daytona Grey S5 mods

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I recently purchased an 09 Daytona Grey S5 and plan on doing a few mods over the next few months so I thought I'd document my progress here.

Here's a pic of my previous A4. The new owner picked it up last night and it was actually pretty surprising how sad I felt as he drove away. I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the car. =( I don't have any good pics of my new car yet as it's been raining the past few days. I plan on taking some this weekend so I will post them when I do.

OLD CAR:

NEW CAR:
    Last edited by ExhaustNote; 07-13-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Installed Hoen Xenon-match fog lights

The first few mods I decided to do were to VAG the car to disable the amber side markers and to install Xenon-match Hoen fog light bulbs as the stock fogs were way to yellow. I researched many posts about installing the lights and was successfully able to get them on without breaking any tabs when removing the fog covers. I used the instructions below. If you scroll down the page to post #44, I basically followed that.
    http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=hoen

Anyways, I've posted some before, during, and after pics. Please don't mind my small garage...I live in San Francisco.

Before (stock fogs)

Left Stock/Right Hoen

After (Hoen Fogs)
    Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-25-2010 at 12:07 AM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Re: Daytona Grey S5 mods

Looks great, is there a way to have the fogs come on automatically or do you have to manually turn then on everytime you want them?

Veteran Member Three Rings switchface's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Consider me subscribed (I plan to order a Daytona Grey S5 as soon as they announce the s/c engine).

Fogs look nice...what are your plans for future mods?
    '06 Seal Grey Cayman S (the new)
    '01.5 Stage 2 Brilliant Black S4 w/ sport package (the old...will be missed)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

TT-RS steering wheel that I had on my B6 goes on tonight along with my RS4 pedals and 20/25mm spacers. KW V3's and AWE exhaust go on next week. Ecodes were ordered last night. That's all I've decided on so far. I plan on getting wheels very soon, just deciding what to go with.
    Last edited by ExhaustNote; 01-30-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Veteran Member Three Rings zee007's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Allroad; 2013 VW Tiguan

Looks awesome! Keep us posted on progress....
    - Zee

2014: MY2015 S6 | Currently Specing
    2012: MY2013 AR | Midnight | Sport Interior | S-Line Suspension | Rotiform | Eurocode | Stasis | H&R | OEM+
    2010: MY2010 S5 | Sprint | Alcantara | Black Optic | B&O | BBS | Eibach | Stasis | B&B | H&R | Ecodes | OEM+
    2008: MY2009 TT | Ibis | Alcantara | S-Line | OEM RS4's | H&R | K&N | OEM+

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Detailed by ACDetailing (d00t)

Got the car detailed today by Aaron(d00t) at AC Detailing today. If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, this guy is HIGHLY recommended, he was able to work magic on the paint of the car. To my delight, small scuffs and scratches have completely disappeared. He still needs to come by again tomorrow to finish the interior and do another coat of wax but at it's current state, it looks amazing! Thanks Aaron!
    Anyways, this was the first time I was able to really inspect the paint on the car. It's been raining for the past few days so I was never able to get a good look. After Aaron was done for the day, I pulled the car out into the driveway and inspected it up close. In the sunlight, the paint is really incredible. Photo's really don't due this color justice, there is a pearl in it that sparkles in the light. It's really unique and I've never seen a grey like this before. The last photo below show's what I'm talking about.

Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-25-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Veteran Member Four Rings adbender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 2.0 premium plus with S4 wheels

[/QUOTE]

loving the colour dude...
    2010 S4|Phantom Black|6MT|ADS|Sport Diff|Nav|B&O|Carbon Atlas
    APR stage II+ v2.3, RSC Exhaust, Carbonio Stage II|Eurocode Short Shifter, Sways, Endlinks, Alu Kreuz|Apikol Rear Diff Mount|KW H.A.S.|Stoptech Street Performance pads, SS brake lines|Adam's AR Race Rotors|Michelin PSS on BBS CH-R 19x8.5 et40, PFS 5mm, |Michelin PA4 on Gunmetal Peelers (winter)|RS5 Pedal set|30% Tint|oCarbon Dash|Osir D-Trim|SC badges|VAG-COMs

AZ Member #

Any shots of the steering wheel yet? I feel like I'm living vicariously through you as you mod. :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

I'm actually in the process of swapping the harness as I type this so I'll have some pics in about an hour. I've already installed the rs4 pedals but not the dead pedal yet, hopefully I can finish that tonight as well.

Earlier today I put on the spacers but without a drop yet, the car is looking like a 4x4. I'm thinking of taking them off until I get the drop later this week...it kind of looks a little ridiculous.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Senior Member Three Rings toothysaw2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 S5 6mt

great car and color. it's my second favorite color. beautiful.
    2010 S5: Sprint Blue, 6MT, Premium Plus
    mods: 35% pinnacle tint, hoen xenonmatch fog, hoen license plate lights, rs4 pedals, vag-com, black-out grille and rear valence

Established Member Two Rings twhelans's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Awesome shine!!! Gorgeous...
    When can I bring mine over?
    2009 S5 Manual, Phantom Black, black Alcantara, B&O, Nav, Tech, Audi Drive, GMG Exh., PES
    2004 Volvo S60 R M6, hiflow cat, full 3" exhaust, stage 3 tune. retired @ 130K miles
    1997 Formula Firebird, Ram air, 383, 6spd, Lots of go fast goodies.. 160K+ miles.....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Installed TT-RS Steering Wheel

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! So I just installed the TT-RS wheel and it looks a million times better now. I bought this wheel from Alex@Europrice back when I had my B6 and luckily I was able to transfer this over to the S5. Install was simple, I just had to swap the harnesses and splice the ground wires as the connector for them was different on the two wheels. The blank badge on the bottom is going to be changed to an S5 one later this week.

Anyways, the RS4 pedals are on as well however I still need to do the dead pedal. I've also placed an order for a perforated shift knob to match the wheel so hopefully that will complete my interior for now. Sorry for the bad pic, it's pretty cramped in the car and the lighting was bad.

Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-25-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Established Member Two Rings QuattroWerks's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Audi S5

Looking good! Full button & control functionality with the new steering wheel?
    2008 Audi S5
    Custom-Tuned by FarnbacherLoles / AWE Downpipes / Milltek Exhaust / BMC Filter / European Headlights / H&R Coilovers/
    20MM/25MM Spacers / Blinder X-Treme Laser Jammer / STaSIS Rear Sway Bar / Xenon/HID Fog Light Conversion/
    Custom Subwoofer Enclosure w/Dynamat Everywhere / Lüsch Fog Light Grilles / JHM Short Shifter / Michelin Pilot Super Sports

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Wow! The shine is amazing! Looking forward to seeing it lowered too - what set-up are you going for?
    - Zee

2012: MY2013 AR | Midnight | Sport Interior | S-Line Suspension | Rotiform | Eurocode | Stasis | H&R | OEM+
    2010: MY2010 S5 | Sprint | Alcantara | Black Optic | B&O | BBS | Eibach | Stasis | B&B | H&R | Ecodes | OEM+

AZ Member #

I love that color, You should buy Ranger22's Klassen wheels with Daytona colors on them.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachmen...2&d=1251645555
    http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1242486273

AZ Member #

Looks great! Does the airbag still work? Also curious about Quattrowerks' question as to if the buttons work.

Could you share or PM the price of that wheel?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Quote Originally Posted by switchface View Post
    Looks great! Does the airbag still work? Also curious about Quattrowerks' question as to if the buttons work.

Could you share or PM the price of that wheel?
    Yes, everything works...airbag, horn, and multifunction buttons are all good. I also VAG'd the car after the install and got no error codes. I used the B8 airbag harness and the only thing I had to do was to swap the spade connectors for the horn and ground as they were different sizes. Very simple to do.

The wheel was $$$. I'd rather not say what I paid but PM Alex@Europrice and he'll be able to tell you the cost of the wheel and airbag.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

This image shows the B8 airbag harness and the spade connectors that were removed from the TT-RS harness. The blue and red circles correspond to which spade connector gets swapped with the one on the B8 harness.

This second image shows the back of the TT-RS airbag. The red and blue circles show where the spade connectors from the first image connect to.

That's all you have to do to get it to work.
    Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

why wouldnt you share the price of the steering wheel? We are all men here, I think we can take sticker shock ??

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Quote Originally Posted by reds5 View Post
    why wouldnt you share the price of the steering wheel? We are all men here, I think we can take sticker shock ??
    Because I prefer not to divulge that information on a public forum. I've already provided you with who you can contact if you are really that curious, what more do you need?
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

It is a item for sale, whats the difference if you tell us what you paid or if we go and search ourselves?.... i really don't see the big deal.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

And I don't see what the big deal is for me not to divulge it. Do I ask you what your monthly rent/mortgage is? How about how much you spend a month on food? I just don't like to talk about my own finances on a public forum. If you really want to know, I've provided you with who you should contact.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 S2000

And if you truly wanted to buy it and wanted to know the price, like ExhaustNote said, he gave you info to contact. i think it's more of you want to know so you can say "DAMN WHY WOULD YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ON A WHEEL?!"

There's people who spend $20k to get carbon fiber accents in their exotics. Why can't you spend $500 and get a fake piece that's not real carbon? Same thing, it's not your car, or your money.

BTW, that wheel REALLY sets of the interior, man! Throw some pristine clean on it (unless you already did when you first got it) just to keep it in perfect shape.
    Aaron

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by d00t View Post
    i think it's more of you want to know so you can say "DAMN WHY WOULD YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ON A WHEEL?!"
    or maybe I asked so I can decide if its a mod I wanted to do. Thought maybe since its JUST a steering wheel that sharing the price wouldn't be a big deal, but obviously it is. For someone to spend $50-$70k on a car it shouldn't be a big deal to share the price of a few hundred dollar accessory

Veteran Member Four Rings ultra's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by switchface View Post
    Consider me subscribed (I plan to order a Daytona Grey S5 as soon as they announce the s/c engine).

Fogs look nice...what are your plans for future mods?

don't hold your breath man, Audi told me the 4.2 will remain through at least my2012
    TU on FB
    Eurocode

2013 Allroad in Volcano Red

Veteran Member Four Rings ultra's Avatar
    AZ Member #

beautiful car btw
    TU on FB
    Eurocode

2013 Allroad in Volcano Red

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ExhaustNote View Post
    to divulge it. Do I ask you what your monthly rent/mortgage is?
    You could ask but the answer would be I don't have one, and its a damn steering wheel! you are making it seem like i asked to see your tax returns.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can someone pass the popcorn?

I'll be honest. I'm tired of the tire kickers in life that waste people's time. They have no interest in taking action or purchasing just take up other's time gathering info. You see this on eBay, Craiglist and forums.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Im hoping that comment was directed towards me wanting to know the price of a part of a car?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasporty View Post
    don't hold your breath man, Audi told me the 4.2 will remain through at least my2012
    Man, I sure hope not. I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on this. It was coming 2011MY, then the v8 was staying, then it was coming again, now its...argh.

I'd prob even buy the v8 version if:

* If they announce/release a guaranteed fix for the carbon buildup

and

* VF announces a bolt on supercharger with GIAC tuning

But back to ExhaustNote...how do you like using a flat bottom wheel? She looks beautiful, but I've never used a flat bottom wheel before, so I have no idea how/if it affects driving habits.

Its amazing how a good steering wheel and a support seats really transform a driving experience!

Established Member Two Rings twhelans's Avatar
    AZ Member #

[QUOTE=switchface;4883619]Man, I sure hope not. I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on this. It was coming 2011MY, then the v8 was staying, then it was coming again, now its...argh.

I'd prob even buy the v8 version if:

* If they announce/release a guaranteed fix for the carbon buildup

I'm curious.. Why do you think the carbon issue is just related to the V8? Its due to the direct injection so the 3.0 would be subject to the same issues.
    2009 S5 Manual, Phantom Black, black Alcantara, B&O, Nav, Tech, Audi Drive, GMG Exh., PES
    2004 Volvo S60 R M6, hiflow cat, full 3" exhaust, stage 3 tune. retired @ 130K miles
    1997 Formula Firebird, Ram air, 383, 6spd, Lots of go fast goodies.. 160K+ miles.....

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by twhelans View Post
    I'm curious.. Why do you think the carbon issue is just related to the V8? Its due to the direct injection so the 3.0 would be subject to the same issues.
    Good call. I dunno, I supposed I currently associate the problem mostly with the rs4's v8...s5's v8 being next. I haven't heard much of the issue on the smaller turbocharged engines, but thats not to say its not happening.

I thought I recall someone saying the s/c lessens the effect (??). I have no clue how, why, or even who said that. Anyone shed some light? Or perhaps this can/should be its own thread.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Installed PySpeed LED license plate lights

I finally got around to installing my license plate LED's that I got from PYSpeed. They look great but are a little on the bright side at night...

Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-25-2010 at 12:11 AM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Installed TT-RS Steering Wheel and RS4 pedals

Over the weekend I was able to install the RS4 dead pedal. It wasn't a direct bolt on, I had to do a little modification to get it to fit. Basically the trick is to remove the black backing from the RS4 pedal. Once you do that, you'll see that it's actually the original plastic dead pedal from the B7. Remove the S5 dead pedal and fit the RS4 one over it and you should see where you need to trim. Just cut where you've marked, place the RS4 dead pedal over it and reinstall.

Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-25-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I love the pedals - just finding it hard to spend the ~$300 on them... but I think I'll crack soon and get them!
    - Zee

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

Quote Originally Posted by zee007 View Post
    I love the pedals - just finding it hard to spend the ~$300 on them... but I think I'll crack soon and get them!
    Thanks, yeah they're pretty pricey now. I bought them for my B6 a few years ago when the dollar was stronger...so they were a bit cheaper than that.
    Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5

KW Variant 3 coilovers installed w/ 20mm/25mm spacers

I got my KW Variant 3 coilovers installed today over at 034 Motorsports. I highly recommend them, Christian helped me out and he was super nice and helpful. Anyways, the rears are at the highest setting which drops it about .9 inches, the front are a bit lower but not sure what the exact number is. The height is perfect and looks really great. I'm currently running 20mm/25mm spacers and after my drive back home, I realized that they may be a bit much for the crappy roads here in San Francisco. I went over a little bump and my right rear tire rubbed. I'll be getting some wheels soon so I'll take that into consideration when choosing my offsets.
    I'm very pleased with the quality of the ride with these coilovers. They are bit more firm then stock but still very comfortable, they are exactly what I hoped they would be. I wasn't able to take it out the the twisties yet however I took some familiar turns at at a much more increased rate of speed and the car felt very stable with a much more reduced amount of body roll.
    Anyways, I wasn't able to get a pic out in the sunlight as I forgot my camera but here's a photo I just took. You can get an idea of how it looks. I'll try to take some better ones tomorrow.

Last edited by ExhaustNote; 02-16-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    ExhaustNote
    __
    RS5
    Suzuka Grey Pearl
    HRE|H&R
    activfilms.tv

AZ Member #

I remember you choices in your other thread...have you decided which wheels you're going with?

When are the ecodes set to arrive?

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings matt@oCarbon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Car looks great.

Can you do me a favor and take some high res, close up images of the carbon fiber in the interior? I've had some requests to have the plastic pieces around the cluster wrapped in the matching OEM fiber, but I need to see some close up images so I can order the correct fabric. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

oCarbon.com | 623.239.1500 | Glendale, AZ | matt@oCarbon.com| blog | facebook | twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast