Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,640 of 2702
  1. #2601
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 29 2016
    AZ Member #
    387034
    Location
    Spokane, WA Pacific Northwest

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I traded them for these


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  2. #2602
    Registered Member Three Rings alien_brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    116558
    Location
    SE MI
    Items for Sale

    are those 20s? 22s? too much imo

  3. #2603
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    397843
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso View Post
    Speaking of pick up...she pulls hard like a train. Has me worried it isn't the stock tune. Hooking up my bluetooth OBD2 to see where the boost is at. Would rather it be stock to keep the k03s from blowing oil everywhere. The car is so nice I kinda want to keep it as stock and clean as possible...For now......

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    So I've hooked up the obd....It reads like 29 pounds....I think maybe this is somehow wrong....?? Hmm. Ideas?..

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  4. #2604
    Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2015
    AZ Member #
    343342
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Quote Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso View Post
    So I've hooked up the obd....It reads like 29 pounds....I think maybe this is somehow wrong....?? Hmm. Ideas?..

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    29 pounds would be fast as all hell haha... that'd either be blown K03s or 500 hp fast

  5. #2605
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2005
    AZ Member #
    6784
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV

    Quote Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso View Post
    So I've hooked up the obd....It reads like 29 pounds....I think maybe this is somehow wrong....?? Hmm. Ideas?..
    That is absolute, subtract ~15 to get actual boost pressure.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

  6. #2606
    Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2015
    AZ Member #
    343342
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
    That is absolute, subtract ~15 to get actual boost pressure.
    Yes that sounds correct. My buddy's allroad was 15psi before and after his stage 1 tune which seems kind of odd.

  7. #2607
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    397843
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
    That is absolute, subtract ~15 to get actual boost pressure.
    Ahh. Thank you Iol.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  8. #2608
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    For piece of mind, my old b5 2.7 s4 avant was stage 1 tuned for 70k+ miles and the original k03's were in fine shape when removed just a couple weeks ago. Proper warm up before boost and cool down before shutting off after trip goes a long way.

  9. #2609
    Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83182
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2003 Atlas S6 Avant
    Location
    Winnipeg Manitoba

    Haven't been able to spend much time with the allroad lately but we still appreciate her!




  10. #2610
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    124245
    My Garage
    05 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2006 VW Passat Komfort, 2004 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
    Location
    pennsylvania

    Hot damn!!! Them wheels fit the allroad so well!

  11. #2611
    Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83182
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2003 Atlas S6 Avant
    Location
    Winnipeg Manitoba

    Another angle because I love this thread!

  12. #2612
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    124245
    My Garage
    05 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2006 VW Passat Komfort, 2004 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
    Location
    pennsylvania

    She's purty! Them mudflaps are pretty unsightly though, you should sell them to me ; )

  13. #2613
    Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83182
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2003 Atlas S6 Avant
    Location
    Winnipeg Manitoba

    Quote Originally Posted by n8henn View Post
    She's purty! Them mudflaps are pretty unsightly though, you should sell them to me ; )
    Best mod ever, finally keeping the stones off the doorblades!

  14. #2614
    Senior Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 28 2013
    AZ Member #
    121950
    My Garage
    03 Audi A6 2.7T factory 01E
    Location
    Chicago IL

    If I could work my schedule I would have allroad up and running, but for now S6 will have to do it... Wet cold Friday afternoon, is it spring yet?! (45)

  15. #2615
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 30 2013
    AZ Member #
    116206
    Location
    San Diego

    Ill just leave this here....
    https://youtu.be/Us56c7yQAYY

  16. #2616
    Registered Member Three Rings alien_brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    116558
    Location
    SE MI
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-77 View Post
    Ill just leave this here....
    https://youtu.be/Us56c7yQAYY

    DOH!

  17. #2617
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400055
    Location
    Austria

    Quote Originally Posted by n8henn View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about this! Best mod yet! Haha!
    Were can I buy these badge? Or is it self made? So what is this red square made of?
    Thx, Spooney.

  18. #2618
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ


  19. #2619
    Senior Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 28 2013
    AZ Member #
    121950
    My Garage
    03 Audi A6 2.7T factory 01E
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    Were can I buy these badge? Or is it self made? So what is this red square made of?
    Thx, Spooney.
    Here you go!
    http://cutby.caschy.com/wp/?product=...rear-version-2

  20. #2620
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    124245
    My Garage
    05 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2006 VW Passat Komfort, 2004 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
    Location
    pennsylvania

    Yup! What they said ^^^^^^^^

  21. #2621
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400055
    Location
    Austria

    Crazy!
    Thank you

  22. #2622
    Veteran Member Four Rings hoganalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2007
    AZ Member #
    15868
    Location
    Toronto

    so, I may have posted in here once or twice but I thought I would make it official since I've have recently gotten the itch to get back into the allroad again.

    I had a Stage 3 B5 A4 until about 2013 then it was just too small for the family so I sold it. Haven't been around here much since but just lately I have been thinking of getting another allroad since the boss drives the one we have.

    It needed some repairs and fixes and this one completely changes the look of the car - I'm quite happy with how they turned out!

    Before


    After Buffing





    After Sealing







    I kind of want to go driving at night just to see the difference in the light output!
    99.5 A4 1.8T K04

    05 allroad 2.7T Stock
    402 mod 15mm : More to come!

  23. #2623
    Veteran Member Four Rings 4rings2turbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2009
    AZ Member #
    45941
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Items for Sale

    That will be a HUGE difference. You'll actually be able to see the cutoff line as well as actually see the road :) haha
    OEM+ work in progress allroad
    Unicorn Society member #8
    @fourings | Build

  24. #2624
    Veteran Member Four Rings hoganalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2007
    AZ Member #
    15868
    Location
    Toronto

    It was. I went out after the sun set and I forgot what the cutoff even looked like! Makes a big difference!

    Sent from my ONE A2005 using Audizine mobile app
    99.5 A4 1.8T K04

    05 allroad 2.7T Stock
    402 mod 15mm : More to come!

  25. #2625
    Registered Member Three Rings alien_brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 04 2013
    AZ Member #
    116558
    Location
    SE MI
    Items for Sale

    what did you seal them with?

  26. #2626
    Veteran Member Four Rings hoganalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2007
    AZ Member #
    15868
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by alien_brain View Post
    what did you seal them with?
    for now just Helmspar and Mineral Spirits. It's cheap, and I had the products in the garage.

    If the sealer wears away too soon, then I'll buy the Optimum Opti Lens and see how long it lasts.
    99.5 A4 1.8T K04

    05 allroad 2.7T Stock
    402 mod 15mm : More to come!

  27. #2627
    Veteran Member Four Rings 4rings2turbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2009
    AZ Member #
    45941
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Items for Sale



    PSA I'm passing on a good deal I got a year ago on a decent allroad. If you need a nice workhorse take a look and make an offer. It's been dead reliable. Not looking to get a lot, just send it off to the next enthusiast.

    2003 Cobalt tip
    OEM+ work in progress allroad
    Unicorn Society member #8
    @fourings | Build

  28. #2628
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80608
    Location
    Louisville KY

    Just picked up my first allroad. Loving it so far.

    94 Land Cruiser
    2001 Bullitt 830whp Turbo 2v 4.6
    02 M5 (DD)
    03 Allroad
    08 Rs4

  29. #2629
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    Welcome aboard. Wish my bumpers and flares were in as good shape. Car looks nice.

    I'm ready to burn mine to the ground. Pos midpipe to manifold nuts keep wanting to back out creating massive exhaust leaks. Time to just replace with lock nuts. I am not convinced install used them. Never ends...

    Check that, the pos jhm/fi flex coupler disintegrated and just hanging. Fuck me. Car has been nothing but an unreliable headache after they got their hands on it. At the end of my patience and give a fuck and benefit of doubt. Never again.
    Last edited by happy2B5; 06-03-2017 at 02:49 PM.

  30. #2630
    Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83182
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2003 Atlas S6 Avant
    Location
    Winnipeg Manitoba

    Nice allroad travish325!

    After the kids and I visited mom at fishing tourny we stopped at the floodway for a few pics.


  31. #2631
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2013
    AZ Member #
    124245
    My Garage
    05 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2006 VW Passat Komfort, 2004 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
    Location
    pennsylvania

    Dang! Ya hate to hear that Happy2b5. You'd like to believe with the amount of $ ya spent on the install, things would be done correctly. Huge bummer.

    whatcha fishin for Steely? Friends and I have been kickin around the idea of a fishin trip to Canada for some Northern Pike but we'll have to see if it pans out. I've been to Rice Lake in Canada before (years ago) and we slayed both Largemouth and Smallmouth bass as well as some monster Perch. Fun times!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Car looks great by the way Steely!

  32. #2632
    Veteran Member Three Rings SteelyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83182
    My Garage
    2004 Atlas Allroad 6MT, 2003 Atlas S6 Avant
    Location
    Winnipeg Manitoba

    Thanks,

    The Red River in Manitoba is known for its Channel cat fishery in the summer and Walleye in the fall and winter. Feeds into Lake Winnipeg which is known for its fishery.

    If you want big Northern Pike go into northern Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or the Nunavut territory for the monsters. On my to do list, have caught a few big ones in eastern part of province.

    Largemouth Bass fishing is something I haven't done, would like to add that to the list.

  33. #2633
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by n8henn View Post
    Dang! Ya hate to hear that Happy2b5. You'd like to believe with the amount of $ ya spent on the install, things would be done correctly. Huge bummer.

    whatcha fishin for Steely? Friends and I have been kickin around the idea of a fishin trip to Canada for some Northern Pike but we'll have to see if it pans out. I've been to Rice Lake in Canada before (years ago) and we slayed both Largemouth and Smallmouth bass as well as some monster Perch. Fun times!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Car looks great by the way Steely!
    You would think. Car hasnt been check engine light free since getting it back. Little to no support. Replace this sensor, you mustve installed them wrong, blah, blah, blah. Been more than quiet and understanding for far too long.

    Started off by the ac not working after needing the ac compressor replaced in their possession. It was simply the receiver/dryer condensor was not installed tight. They reimbursed however.

    Next was implausible maf signal codes. Replace the maf, nope. Same result. Oh, let us tweak the tune. Imagine that it did the trick but not until after I bought a new maf which is not being used. Original maf still installed.

    Next, I need an alignment. Ok, while looking over things before hand, notice rear sway bar end links are installed ass backwards and destroyed and my hotchkis sway has been grooved from rubbing on rear axles Oops. They go on one way for christ sake. Again, reimbursed. But really?

    My leveling system has never been same since getting it back. Could be the ipp arms but who knows.

    No cruise control after 6mt swap.

    Oh and the swap was necessitated by my auto trans blowing up during tip tuning. Yes, we know the zf 5hp19 is weak. I get it, and frankly the 6mt has been the best thing about the work done and final product. Still blew up my original transmission and doubled the price of an already very expensive (to me) project.

    The car/tune does not like the catless exhaust setup. Have cel for rear 02 too lean. Too lean, really? How the f is it too lean when the car is running pig rich? Just fucking code the rear 02 sensors out like every normal tune. C'mon man...

    The exhaust setup has been dodgy in my opininion since the day I got it. Have been hearing and inquiring about a tapping sound since day one. "Thats how it sounds".

    Now, the drivers flex joint is shot through? Really? How the hell does that happen on a stainless system in under a year and half? Maybe poor quality parts, poor fabrication?

    Oh, and let's not forget the supercharger unit itself somehow gets outside water in it (sealed unit). First and every subsequent oil change reveals milky strawberry quick looking oil. Every time. Its ridiculous.

    All in all it was a huge mistake and money completely wasted. I will have to drive this thing until it blows up or completely falls apart because I would never feel comfortable selling it to somebody. Wish same could be said for those that produced this pile of junk finished product.

    Keeping in mind this is the first, and I suspect only one, and it was all new, but there is always a nagging issue looming around the corner. And, I am the one to discover them time and again. All in all it has been far less than expectaions, to say the least, and I don't expect it to get any better or recieve much support (no indication to think otherwise after a year and half of chasing down and resolving issue after issue). Its just I have had it and time it be known to the community at large to steer clear. Not worth the hassle.

    I am sure I am missing things as well, but its been one thing after another and those are the major headaches to date, which speak for themselves. Last straw is this pos downpipe fiasco. Made me miss my god son's bday party. And likely last time to see him for a while as I am moving in a few weeks.

    Oh, and lets not forget my car was in their hands for a long time (better part of a year ~10 months). Not like it was a quick turnaround. Plenty of time and money spent to get it right and not send it home in the state it was. Ridiculous. That is all for now...until I remember the next 10 things that are jacked up after the work done.
    Last edited by happy2B5; 06-04-2017 at 11:57 AM.

  34. #2634
    Veteran Member Four Rings 4rings2turbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2009
    AZ Member #
    45941
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Items for Sale

    Finally got my car out for the first time this year and cleaned the dust off.

    OEM+ work in progress allroad
    Unicorn Society member #8
    @fourings | Build

  35. #2635
    Established Member Two Rings allroadmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    202869
    Location
    Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by happy2B5 View Post
    You would think. Car hasnt been check engine light free since getting it back. Little to no support. Replace this sensor, you mustve installed them wrong, blah, blah, blah. Been more than quiet and understanding for far too long.

    Started off by the ac not working after needing the ac compressor replaced in their possession. It was simply the receiver/dryer condensor was not installed tight. They reimbursed however.

    Next was implausible maf signal codes. Replace the maf, nope. Same result. Oh, let us tweak the tune. Imagine that it did the trick but not until after I bought a new maf which is not being used. Original maf still installed.

    Next, I need an alignment. Ok, while looking over things before hand, notice rear sway bar end links are installed ass backwards and destroyed and my hotchkis sway has been grooved from rubbing on rear axles Oops. They go on one way for christ sake. Again, reimbursed. But really?

    My leveling system has never been same since getting it back. Could be the ipp arms but who knows.

    No cruise control after 6mt swap.

    Oh and the swap was necessitated by my auto trans blowing up during tip tuning. Yes, we know the zf 5hp19 is weak. I get it, and frankly the 6mt has been the best thing about the work done and final product. Still blew up my original transmission and doubled the price of an already very expensive (to me) project.

    The car/tune does not like the catless exhaust setup. Have cel for rear 02 too lean. Too lean, really? How the f is it too lean when the car is running pig rich? Just fucking code the rear 02 sensors out like every normal tune. C'mon man...

    The exhaust setup has been dodgy in my opininion since the day I got it. Have been hearing and inquiring about a tapping sound since day one. "Thats how it sounds".

    Now, the drivers flex joint is shot through? Really? How the hell does that happen on a stainless system in under a year and half? Maybe poor quality parts, poor fabrication?

    Oh, and let's not forget the supercharger unit itself somehow gets outside water in it (sealed unit). First and every subsequent oil change reveals milky strawberry quick looking oil. Every time. Its ridiculous.

    All in all it was a huge mistake and money completely wasted. I will have to drive this thing until it blows up or completely falls apart because I would never feel comfortable selling it to somebody. Wish same could be said for those that produced this pile of junk finished product.

    Keeping in mind this is the first, and I suspect only one, and it was all new, but there is always a nagging issue looming around the corner. And, I am the one to discover them time and again. All in all it has been far less than expectaions, to say the least, and I don't expect it to get any better or recieve much support (no indication to think otherwise after a year and half of chasing down and resolving issue after issue). Its just I have had it and time it be known to the community at large to steer clear. Not worth the hassle.

    I am sure I am missing things as well, but its been one thing after another and those are the major headaches to date, which speak for themselves. Last straw is this pos downpipe fiasco. Made me miss my god son's bday party. And likely last time to see him for a while as I am moving in a few weeks.

    Oh, and lets not forget my car was in their hands for a long time (better part of a year ~10 months). Not like it was a quick turnaround. Plenty of time and money spent to get it right and not send it home in the state it was. Ridiculous. That is all for now...until I remember the next 10 things that are jacked up after the work done.
    Wow, I wonder if any of the jhm s4 supercharged cars are having the same issues?

  36. #2636
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    Hopefully and likely not. The kit was designed for the b6 s4. It was adapted to this c5 4.2 allroad.
    Last edited by happy2B5; 06-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.

  37. #2637
    Senior Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 28 2013
    AZ Member #
    121950
    My Garage
    03 Audi A6 2.7T factory 01E
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by happy2B5 View Post
    Hopefully not
    Wow... I would never guess, sorry man... That's really frustrating. Either they need to man up and get it right or you need to find other Indy shop to take care of you.
    I think JHM overlooked too many things and this shouldn't be job done for them, they're capable of doing it right, it's just if they want to.
    How I see it now is money wasted instead of money invested, car should be a performer, not trouble and hassle.

    Do they want more money, what's their explanation for all of this? Weird sounds from exhaust are not "thats how it sounds" , that's just lame...they have stupid excuses, but I heard it before from JH Motorsport...
    Wish you luck man, but there's too many flukes to sort and it can be sorted it you're in right hands, just don't give up!
    That's a very unique car you have, keep it running, please.

  38. #2638
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    ...

  39. #2639
    Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    45171
    My Garage
    S4 avant
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ

    Thanks man. Btw, I am moving back to city in 3 weeks! I am not even close to giving up getting it sorted and performing to its fullest. I believed it was in the right hands.

    Have considered throwing it on a hauler back to them but frankly after all this, I just can't bring myself to do so. My guess is they want nothing to do with it anymore.

    In all reality, I have been given little to no solid answers and or solutions rather deflection and more ?'s.

  40. #2640
    Senior Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 28 2013
    AZ Member #
    121950
    My Garage
    03 Audi A6 2.7T factory 01E
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by happy2B5 View Post
    Thanks man. Btw, I am moving back to city in 3 weeks! I am not even close to giving up getting it sorted and performing to its fullest. I believed it was in the right hands.

    Have considered throwing it on a hauler back to them but frankly after all this, I just can't bring myself to do so. My guess is they want nothing to do with it anymore.

    In all reality, I have been given little to no solid answers and or solutions rather deflection and more ?'s.
    Well I would fight for it. Seek legal help if needed and see what was promised, what they did and what needs to be done to have it running properly. You paid what they ask for and they gave you unfinished half ass job... It's not what they "want" to do, it's what they "have" to do, because you entered legal contract with them when they took your car to do service.
    I mean, there's quite a few blown S4s/S5s/RS4s performing out there, I don't see a reason why blown 4.2 allroad wouldn't... At least one thing is easly fixable, your tune... Just need the right tuner, not someone to load a file on it and call it a day.
    Hopefully I'll see you around soon, hit me up when you get here, never enough allroads in the city... We're dying breed.
    Also if I can help out somehow let me know, I'll be more then glad to.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.