Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Guitarmageddon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A few buckets, a lot of microfiber towels, and 3 Pilot Sport PS2- for sale, PM me
    Items for Sale

Does the RNSE have RCA outs on the back?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I didnt think it did, but was reading a few posts around today stating that it had four RCA outs. I wanted to wire in my 10" sub thats just sitting in the garage and maybe change out the front speakers in the near future. Id prefer RCA over the hi/lo converter route. Anyone got pics of the back of the unit?
    2007 S4 in Phantom ▀lack Pearl....1 of 1...in the country
    JHM Piggies │ JHM Short throw shifter │ F.I. Non-resonated cat▀ack │ JHM 93 oct. │ 35/35 tints

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 JHM Stg 1 SC'd S4 Avant 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon View Post
    I didnt think it did, but was reading a few posts around today stating that it had four RCA outs. I wanted to wire in my 10" sub thats just sitting in the garage and maybe change out the front speakers in the near future. Id prefer RCA over the hi/lo converter route. Anyone got pics of the back of the unit?
    From my 2006 S4

Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant 6MT - 421whp/350wtq - Review of Mods
    JHM Stage 1 SC - JHM IM - JHM 5R clutch - JHM LWFW - Stoptech ST-60 BBK - KW v3 Coilovers - JHM shifter - Trexturk DP - Magnaflow CB - Hotchkis RSB - JHM IS - 034 Adj. FUCA - Zada Tech Gauges - STE Gauges

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A few buckets, a lot of microfiber towels, and 3 Pilot Sport PS2- for sale, PM me
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Axel- View Post
    No.

Ok thanks so I think I have to tap a right/left from the pins then and use pigtails
    JHM Piggies │ JHM Short throw shifter │ F.I. Non-resonated cat▀ack │ JHM 93 oct. │ 35/35 tints

Veteran Member Three Rings PetrolDave's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 B7 RS4 Avant

No it doesn't have line out signals on RCA connectors, but it DOES have 4 line out signals on pins of the Quadlock connector which you could wire up to 4 RCA in-line sockets:
    Pin C9 is Front Right
    Pin C3 is Front Left
    Pin C11 is Rear Right
    Pin C5 is Rear Left
    Pin C8 is common return

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    No it doesn't have line out signals on RCA connectors, but it DOES have 4 line out signals on pins of the Quadlock connector which you could wire up to 4 RCA in-line sockets:
    Pin C9 is Front Right
    Pin C3 is Front Left
    Pin C11 is Rear Right
    Pin C5 is Rear Left
    Pin C8 is common return
    Do they make any rca pigtails pre-made with the metal ends that fit into the quadlock?

Veteran Member Three Rings PetrolDave's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 B7 RS4 Avant

Do they make any rca pigtails pre-made with the metal ends that fit into the quadlock?
    Audi definitely don't and a quick Google didn't find any but any decent car audio shop should be able to make up some, bear in mind that if you have Bose there will already be leads in all 5 pins and even if you don't have Bose the 3 for the rear will already have wires.

A Bose system is fully externally amplified but a non-Bose system uses the internal amps for the front speakers only.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

So I could theoretically cut the wires at the back of the RNSE for the fronts (only amping front speakers) and run that back to the trunk for the amp/splice that wire with RCA ends....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS4

everything can be done in the trunk. i added a sub and amp in the trunk, but keeping all the stock speakers. i basically tapped into the rear out (before it goes into the amp) with wire taps and using rca cables. i think there are harness you can buy but i went with the cheapest method that didn't involve cutting any of my existing wires.