Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings keithwbloom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi S4 Cabriolet 6MT, 2009 Mercedes GL320, 2004 Passat 2.8L 30V Supercharged 5MT
    Items for Sale

Chatter/creaking from LF corner, possible causes?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have to confess I haven't done a visual inspection as yet. UCA boots were cut/torn slightly when I purchased 14 months ago. I have 034 AUCAs on my bench to install, was waiting to put them on with PSS9s. Now may be the time. Chatter gets worse as car gets warmer, because I have a Cabrio, the sound transmits right up the reinforced A pillar to into the cabin, making it sound like it is internal, but there are no parts in the pillar that I am aware of that could be source of chirping squeak.

I think it could be UCA ball joints, or perhaps upper strut mount. Any other possible causes to look for when I pull the wheel this evening? I am hoping it is time to order the PSS9s and just refresh the whole setup. 103K on the car, probably 60K on the stock suspension (PO had Vogtland coils on it for a while before returning to stock to sell on to me.)

2007 S4 Cabriolet 6MT, APR Tune, Hi-flow/gutted CAT DPs, AWE B7 S4 Touring Exhaust, B8.5 S4 Ti-Rotor 19s with Conti CS3 255/35s, RS4 Grille, Fly's LED DRLs, Clear Corner Mod

Senior Member Two Rings 98champ's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Silverado toy hauler, too many skis and a couple of wakeboards
    Items for Sale

Most likely control arms. When you start the car and it's a little colder on the morning or at night, if you turn the wheel at 1mph do you hear it creaking?
    His: 2005 Brilliant Black // Hers: 2009 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red
    Yellow Fogs / 6000k Headlights / Magnaflow Catback Exhaust / Hotchkis RS4 Sway Bars / Sterns End Links / JHM Short Shifter Trio / RS4 Shift Knob/E-Brake/Pedals / OEM 19" RS4 Wheels