Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings MrRay904's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S4 Sedan

Lightbulb Need you thought on this guys!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What do you guys think of this?
    apparently it is not a OEM.

It does have Bluetooth Capability aswell.

Has anyone had experience with this model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-RNS-E-H...torefresh=true

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I wouldn't touch this at that price... Not for a clone! I paid my genuine RNS-E (OEM) US$649.00... You can get a used one right now from eBay for $799-$849 without making an offer...

The BT capability on it is nice, but the climate control on it is fake as you cannot control climate on these models as they are controlled by your double dins only.

You might not like the windows CE-based GPS system which you may have a hard time finding updated maps for - I couldn't find anything on it on GPS Underground. Plus it says the system is for touchscreen and nowhere does it mention that the screen is actually a touch screen.

For the $200 difference, I would go with a genuine one if I was you.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would sell mine for $500. I want to try an aftermarket stereo; i have never gotten one before.

Established Member Two Rings Quadfreak's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
    I would sell mine for $500. I want to try an aftermarket stereo; i have never gotten one before.
    Aftermarket stereo has always been a love/hate thing for me..I love the OEM look, but with aftermarket you get so many more features as far as equalizers, aux, bluetooth, gps, usb all built into the system if you want. I would recommend giving enfig a call and getting their wiring harnesses if you decide to go aftermarket. Unless you want to go totally aftermarket, but then youd have to buy new amps and run new wires to all of your speakers, which is a PITA because the bose sounds surprisinly good with a decent aftermarket HU......Sorry to thread jack, I am a bit of an audio nerd.
    Brilliant Black B6 S4 - Milltek CB | Vogtland GT Coilovers | Rotiform MIA | 034 Snub Mount&Bracket | 034 Rear Sway Bar | Stern Adjustable Control Arms | CF Relak Side Skirts | Cupra R | Ziza Yellow Fog Bulbs

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What are you even talking about? A genuine RNS-E? Or a similar clone one like the one from his eBay link.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Quadfreak View Post
    Aftermarket stereo has always been a love/hate thing for me..I love the OEM look, but with aftermarket you get so many more features as far as equalizers, aux, bluetooth, gps, usb all built into the system if you want. I would recommend giving enfig a call and getting their wiring harnesses if you decide to go aftermarket. Unless you want to go totally aftermarket, but then youd have to buy new amps and run new wires to all of your speakers, which is a PITA because the bose sounds surprisinly good with a decent aftermarket HU......Sorry to thread jack, I am a bit of an audio nerd.
    I wouldn't go completely aftermarket. The speakers sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by glebtcheb View Post
    What are you even talking about? A genuine RNS-E? Or a similar clone one like the one from his eBay link.
    A genuine rnse. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that aftermarket one. I don't like how it looks. The symphony 2+ dynavin looks much better IMO

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Senior Member Three Rings Guitarmageddon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A few buckets, a lot of microfiber towels, and an old washer and dryer- PM me in NoVa to buy cheap

I wouldn't go completely aftermarket. The speakers sound good to me.

A genuine rnse. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that aftermarket one. I don't like how it looks. The symphony 2+ dynavin looks much better IMO

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Im the opposite. Once youve had good quality speakers, you dont ever want to go back to crap stock OEM bose anything....

I am severely missing my amped Polk mm6501's from the A4 these days. I can tolerate the RNSE and all I need to do to it is amp some good speakers and put an AUX in via the DIY and Im set.
    2007 S4 in Phantom ▀lack Pearl....1 of 1...in the country
    JHM Piggies │ JHM Short throw shifter │ F.I. Non-resonated cat▀ack │ JHM 93 oct. │ 35/35 tints

Established Member Three Rings SpoolBus's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I wouldn't be opposed to this, good stockish looks, lots of features, I agree with the map updating (how would you do this?)

If (or better yet when) my RNS-E burns up, or if your looking to "upgrade" the symphony unit as the RNS-E is antiquated, this wouldn't be a bad choice for the $
    Lots sold and positive feedback on all of them..hummm

Established Member Two Rings Clun9's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 S4 & Unicorn widebody 337

I have a similar unit but not the exact same.
    The visuals on the screen does not look oem but functions VERY well. I can even scroll with my finger on the screen that you wouldn't be able to do on an OEM RNS-E no mater which generation.

Mine unit is touchscreen, has bluetooth and still looks OEM.
    I only paid 300 for my unit which was great.
    Memoryfab - Rare Wheels Everyday MTechnica - Your Resident 3-Piece Bespoke Wheel Designer

Veteran Member Four Rings Kookie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 Avant
    Items for Sale

People are pretty brutal on eBay if a product blows.. the feedback looks good. I'd give it a shot for the 20% restocking fee worst case scenario..

OP - try it!
    B7 S4 Avant
    Shomegrown; Not at all. There's a law called Thermodynamics which guarantees you're wrong.
    Instagram @itstheredbaron

Veteran Member Four Rings BCsniper's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 S4 6MT Avant, B6 3.0 Avant 6MT (for sale), C5 A6 2.8
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon View Post
    Im the opposite. Once youve had good quality speakers, you dont ever want to go back to crap stock OEM bose anything....

.....so when I grabbed a bunch of pieces from this S4 parts car these were attached to the doors.

I'm not exactly a soundphile so if anybody else wants to take these off my hands I'd let them go for the right price