Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings perm2008's Avatar
    AZ Member #

New to the S4 game

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

This is my 3rd Audi. I started off with a b5 a4 1.8t FWD, then got a b5 a4 1.8tq. I ended up parting it out and picking up this beauty.
    Imola with black with silver alcantara. Completely stock right now.
    There's 113k on the clock. Timing chain guides and tensioners have been done not too long ago. 10k on the clutch and the rebuilt transmission with new synchros in 1st and 2nd. New brake pads and rotors in the front.
    Future plans: exhaust(leaning toward magnaflow), JHM tune, lowering springs(coilovers or bags to come later), LM reps, and a few little interior touches to make it mine.
    APR Stage II 93oct, ST coilovers, 3" Downpipe, K&N Conefilter, APR 3" TIP, 2.0 Red Coils with 034 adapters
    "Anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot, and anyone who drives faster than you is probably in an Audi"
    Soon to be a 5 speed

Established Member Two Rings seblove's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by perm2008 View Post

This is my 3rd Audi. I started off with a b5 a4 1.8t FWD, then got a b5 a4 1.8tq. I ended up parting it out and picking up this beauty.
    Imola with black with silver alcantara. Completely stock right now.
    There's 113k on the clock. Timing chain guides and tensioners have been done not too long ago. 10k on the clutch and the rebuilt transmission with new synchros in 1st and 2nd. New brake pads and rotors in the front.
    Future plans: exhaust(leaning toward magnaflow), JHM tune, lowering springs(coilovers or bags to come later), LM reps, and a few little interior touches to make it mine.
    paint/rims look great for 113k. Good find given that the chain guides were already done. Any particular reason you're leaning toward magnaflow? Also welcome to the v8 crew !!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So you bought it huh? I was looking at it and when I called they said they had a deposit so I asked them to put the squeeze on the person who did and apparently you went through with it :)

I was very happy with the service info they had plus I have found the history of its warranty history so I was pretty adamant about buying it... :(

Good luck with the car and enjoy!

Senior Member Four Rings SlickFix's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Beautiful, nice find!

Btw, I'll buy your Avus wheels when you go for the LM reps. PM me when you're ready.
    His: 2005 Arctic White B6 S4 4.2
    Piggy Pipes|Ziza yellow fog lamp bulbs|Symphony II+

Hers: 2003 Amulet Red B6 A4 3.0 Avant
    B8 S5 Calipers|Goodridge SS brake lines|Eichbach Springs|Koni FSD Struts|034 sway bar & end links|ECS snub mount|LED license plate lights||Ziza yellow fog lamp bulbs

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 s4, 2003 chevy 1500- benchmark of reliability

I went with the magnaflow on my b6 a and loved it. Paired it with Catless dp's. Mmm mmm. Really well made, and with the money you'll save compared with the FI, there's your dp's!

Active Member Two Rings badger.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Picture looked familiar.. just saw this on reddit lol

Anywhoo, nice find! Looks great. Lucky to have timing service already done as well!
    Welcome to the club
    2005 S4 Sedan - Arctic White
    they don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Senior Member Two Rings perm2008's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by badger. View Post
    Picture looked familiar.. just saw this on reddit lol

Anywhoo, nice find! Looks great. Lucky to have timing service already done as well!
    Welcome to the club

lol, I did just post it to reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malv1 View Post
    So you bought it huh? I was looking at it and when I called they said they had a deposit so I asked them to put the squeeze on the person who did and apparently you went through with it :)

I was very happy with the service info they had plus I have found the history of its warranty history so I was pretty adamant about buying it... :(

Good luck with the car and enjoy!
    The service history it had was a HUGE plus for this car! You aren't the first person that said they were looking at this car, I'm glad I scooped it up quick.
    APR Stage II 93oct, ST coilovers, 3" Downpipe, K&N Conefilter, APR 3" TIP, 2.0 Red Coils with 034 adapters
    "Anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot, and anyone who drives faster than you is probably in an Audi"
    Soon to be a 5 speed

AZ Member #

interior and license plate LED lights, E-code headlights with 6000k bulbs, AWE catback, H&R OE springs, APR Stage 2, 19" BBS RGR, 19" VMR 708, stock 18" with 15mm and 20mm spacers, APR intake, lots of VAG mods, 35% tints all around, lots of road rash, 034 transmission mount insert, SPC ACS

Active Member Two Rings JimGreen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi S4 & Renault Clio 255 V6 (Mid Engined)

Stunning color, looks great and sounds like all the hard/expensive work has been done - Congratulations.

Senior Member Two Rings 98champ's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05 B6 S4, '01 Silverado
    Items for Sale

Nice pickup man. Love the imola's and a huge bonus with the timing components done.
    His: 2005 Brilliant Black // Hers: 2009 A4 2.0T
    Silver Alcantara Recaros / 35% Tint / Yellow Fogs / 6000k Headlights / Clean Corner Headlights / Magnaflow Catback Exhaust / Hotchkis RS4 Sway Bars / Sterns End Links / JHM Short Shifter Trio / RS4 Shift Knob/E-Brake/Pedals / OEM 19" RS4 Wheels / 18" Avus W/15mm F&R Spacers (Winters)

Senior Member Three Rings blai76's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998.5 A4 2.8L V6 (retired)
    Items for Sale

Grats on the buy! The B6's had all the cool colors :(
    Bob
    2008 B7S4tip Avant, 1998.5 B5A4tip 2.8L V6 (retired)