Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings ZEUSROTTY's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Um... My reverse lights wont turn off? HELP!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Reverse switch on tranny?
    Mods: tinted 25%, APR Dowpipes, w/custom custom cat back including Magnaflow x-pipe Magnaflow bullet mufflers and Flowmaster D40's . Stock intake, APR Reflash - Hotchkins Sways - Koni Yellows front and rear - H&R Springs - Goodrich brake lines - Hawk+'s - Nitto NT05's for the street and 01's for the track. 18" R8 Reps... More to come!

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    audi

if your car is auto then i had this problem on my a4, turns out to be a tranny multifunction swich, but i was able to vag it to find a problem

AZ Member #

Nope its a manual...
    Mods: tinted 25%, APR Dowpipes, w/custom custom cat back including Magnaflow x-pipe Magnaflow bullet mufflers and Flowmaster D40's . Stock intake, APR Reflash - Hotchkins Sways - Koni Yellows front and rear - H&R Springs - Goodrich brake lines - Hawk+'s - Nitto NT05's for the street and 01's for the track. 18" R8 Reps... More to come!

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Tech/Sales@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    The Fastest Audis

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    Nope its a manual...
    The reverse light switch is located on the passenger side of the trans. Take a peak up under there and unplug it, if your lights go off, then bingo. We have these in stock and ready to ship. I included a link below and a picture to use as a reference.

http://www.jhmotorsports.com/shop/ca...rs4-p-408.html

AZ Member #

Thanks Greg. Il be ordering soon.

Veteran Member Four Rings moyenecorniche's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SL & GS Skis, MTB's, Rd Bikes, oil for 4.2

Bump..
    It is simpler and much easier to just pull the fuse panel off on your driver side and pull the #15 25amp fuse which lights up the reverse lights. It will also disable the passenger mirror flip down feature when you are in reverse but until you put in a new switch on the transmission.. ( Which is what I'm doing today April 15th Ha.. Ha.. )
    I should do a DIY as there are none specific for our B6 S4 Manual trans.
    Six P"s.......Align or Wallow....... " Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance " .......
    " It's Not the Miles Per Gallon, It's the Smiles per Gallon "....Magnus Walker
    04 Red on Black S4 sedan .. 04 Atlas Grey on Black A4 Avant gone but often missed. Need Avant again.
    Want to Buy ... Red B6 / B7 Avant S4 or 1.8T / 2.0T