Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Idle woes: "idle control system, RPM higher than expected - sporadic"

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all,

I'm somewhat new to the B7 and this may be an old issue. I couldn't find a lot of info though....

'07 B7 6-spd, 106K miles:

I've had the following code pop up a couple times of late and the car seems to be idling high and not "revving down" between shifts or when the clutch is depressed to come to a stop:

01287 Idle Control System, RPM higher than expected - Sporadic 001 Upper Limit Exceeded

The first time I had the code, I had my local shop check it and they did a TB re-align (which I would have done myself had I known that was the treatment they would try). Things were better for a while, but then the sporadic raving started back up and the CEL came back today. Same code.

Any thoughts on what might actually be causing the strange idling and revving? Do I need to tell my wife it needs software and an exhaust? ; )

Thanks!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Try cleaning the MAF sensor. Then clean the throttle body plate. And tighten the bolts around the intake manifold they usually come loose which causes vacuum leak.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks Kevin! I'm assuming vacum leak as well... The shop claims they checked for that, but I'm a bit skeptical. They supposedly cleaned the MAF too, but I'll give that a shot too.

Anyone had PCV or other vacuum leak issues I should look for?

Thanks!