It looks like at least 10 forum members are having similar Navigation issues. I am starting to collect information to send to Audi Engineering, so we can hopefully get this fixed, since it seems the TSB 2030465/6 didn't resolve this issue for some.
Issue: The navigation is showing your vehicle in the wrong location on the map (sometimes even in water) and the farther you drive, the worse it gets. In my case, 1 initially noticed the my vehicle arrow icon (on the nav map display regular and google maps) was showing me as driving at a 45 degree angle vs the road it thought I was on (which was wrong).
I need the following info: (you can post it here, or if you feel more comfortable or private message it to me)
1. Audi Model (S5, RS5 etc) and Model Year.
2. When did you take delivery? (If you feel comfortable, please private message me the last 4 # of your VIN)- I won't post it or disclose it to anyone but Audi.
3. What is the software version currently installed on your car.
4. When you do have issues, what are the symptoms and can you please check to see if you are connecting with GPS Satellites by performing the following:
(In Navigation mode --> Set a destination and start the route guidance (from the Navigation map screen)
a. Select Route.
b. Scroll up to top item and select it.
c. Scroll up to the top of that page and there it tells you how many Satellites it can see. (Mine initially saw 0 but the number would fluctuate after a while between 5-10). Note: If you don't have clear access to the sky, you WILL have less satellites showing.
The image you see will look similar to this one:
Can you take a picture of that screen and either post it here or PM me and I'll give you an email to send it to.
5. Determine Installed Software Version- Either post a picture here, PM Me or just type in the information you see.
Procedure from MMI Screen --> Menu Button -> Setup MMI --> Scroll to Version Information (Select).
(If this doesn't work, there should be instructions in your manual)
The screen you see will look like this:
6. Does the issue resolve itself (i.e. if you park the car and drive it the next day etc)
7. Does a hard reset of the NAV/MMI resolve the issue? PLEASE DONT DO THIS UNTIL YOU'VE COLLECTED THE INFO ABOVE 1st AND HAVE HAD YOUR DEALER search for DTC codes (or you have VAG-COM and can search for them yourself.. just make sure to write down what you find)
Press and hold down the function keys 1 (Setup), the control button 2 and the control key at the top right 3 simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release keys -> MMI system reboots (see picture below)
Hopefully this will help all of us get this resolved sooner, rather than later!