Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

S5 w/o Silver Side View Mirror Covers??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just picked up a 2014 S5 3.0T Prestige, and to my surprise (I missed this fawning over all the other aspects of the car) the side view mirror covers match the car color and are not the silver optic I am used to seeing. The engine and everything else in the car is branded S5...so Im wondering how common this is? Was this an option to the original owner? What's the deal?

Sorry for bad pics, these are from dealer website - haven't taken my own pics yet

http://imgur.com/PcU2nRo

http://imgur.com/HsqknWN

Thanks
    2014 Audi S5 3.0T Prestige
    Soon: APR Stage 2 Tune + Supercharger Pully, H&R Sway Bar, Roc Euro CAI, Redstuff Pads, VAG-Com Mods

Established Member Three Rings yjypm's Avatar
    AZ Member #

All b8.5 s5 that's optioned black optics package are equipped with body color mirror covers.

By looking at the black grill and Ti wheels, you can definitely tell that it's a black optics car. They all have body color mirror covers.
    '14 Estoril Blue []S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL DP+DSG | Ratio: 3.139 | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | BBS CH-R | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | Vegas Yellow RS5 BBK | AWE Touring | S-FLO Intake | Led | CR-15 | 034 Rear ARB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VagCom |

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ohhhh that makes sense! Thank you
    Soon: APR Stage 2 Tune + Supercharger Pully, H&R Sway Bar, Roc Euro CAI, Redstuff Pads, VAG-Com Mods

Established Member Three Rings yjypm's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by toastsauce View Post
    Ohhhh that makes sense! Thank you
    You are welcome. Just FYI, you can always get silver ones or even carbon fiber ones via ecstuning.
    '14 Estoril Blue []S5 P+
    | B&O | Sports Diff | B&W Nappa | Nav |
    Mods: | EPL DP+DSG | Ratio: 3.139 | P&P TB | Revo SC Cooler | Ecode Head+Tail | BBS CH-R | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | Vegas Yellow RS5 BBK | AWE Touring | S-FLO Intake | Led | CR-15 | 034 Rear ARB+Links | AluKruez | ECS Trans+Diff Inserts | Apikol Diff Mount | VagCom |

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Lucky guy, i'm not a fan of the silver mirrors

Sent from my Passport using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S5 Deep Sea Blue Pearl

Yup it has the black optic package, which isn't exactly always easy to find. I have been checking for the last 2 months for a BO package on a b8.5 S4 i am possibly looking to add, but have only came across one.

Wheels, mirrors and trim is the package. The black optic package window trim is essentially what comes on most A5's and the aluminum trim on the S5's or the A5 S-line is technically the premium trim. Funny how that works I really am a fan of the black trim myself, i was thinking about getting my trim wrapped and Carbon fiber mirror caps on my Deep Sea Blue S5 that has the aluminum trim and mirrors.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That would look really awesome. This car deal kind of fell on my lap - and I'm not complaining. Coming from a stage 2 A5 2.0T this S5 is a monster. Can't wait to tune this! The only thing cosmetic I wanted to do was change the color of the emblems and maybe the badges too... Maybe something darker to match the wheels and trim

Veteran Member Four Rings NPuter's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 MBZ E400 Cab/'13 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Quote Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
    Yup it has the black optic package, which isn't exactly always easy to find. I have been checking for the last 2 months for a BO package on a b8.5 S4 i am possibly looking to add, but have only came across one.

Wheels, mirrors and trim is the package. The black optic package window trim is essentially what comes on most A5's and the aluminum trim on the S5's or the A5 S-line is technically the premium trim. Funny how that works I really am a fan of the black trim myself, i was thinking about getting my trim wrapped and Carbon fiber mirror caps on my Deep Sea Blue S5 that has the aluminum trim and mirrors.
    They switched the black optic trim from the base A5 plastic trim to gloss black trim at some point (don't recall what year)

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S5 Deep Sea Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    They switched the black optic trim from the base A5 plastic trim to gloss black trim at some point (don't recall what year)
    Now that you mention that. I remember not long ago being at the dealership and seeing the 2016 model S5 with the 20" wheels with the BO package did have gloss black trim. I thought it was just because t was that "last year model" S5.

I'm getting mine wrapped professionally. Can't decide if I should go satin or gloss to match up with my deep sea blue color.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine