Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings HUFset's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 A4 F21L, B6 A4 1.8T, MK4 Jetta F21T
    Items for Sale

Anyone Passing Denver Emissions with 42DD HFC

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone in CO passed emissions with the 3" 42DD exhaust that uses the High Flow Cat? I have an FT21 w/ Motoza custom tune. Does it get hot enough and catalyze enough for ACC's sniffer?

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/audi-b...xhaust-system/
    LY9B 2000 A4 1.8TQM|Frankenturbo F21L|550cc Motoza|034 AEM WMI|ClutchMasters FX250|Carbonio CAI|Borla Cat Back|034 TP|Godspeed FMIC|R8 coilpacks|AWP harness|Toy Guy SS|034 mounts|034 adj. CAs|ST Coilovers|A6 strut brace|ECS Rear Diff Mount|Black Sport Cloths|Euro S3 FBMFSW|B6 S4 Mirror|Euro Bolster|S4 interior/exterior|M3 spoiler|Aero Arms|Votex Rack w/Rocky Mounts|A8 Fat Fives|S4 Cluster|P3 VIDI gauge|Pioneer AVH-X4700BS|Alpine PDX-V9|6 Polk DB mids|Eclipse 12"

Established Member Two Rings [deleted]'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HUFset View Post
    Has anyone in CO passed emissions with the 3" 42DD exhaust that uses the High Flow Cat? I have an FT21 w/ Motoza custom tune. Does it get hot enough and catalyze enough for ACC's sniffer?

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/audi-b...xhaust-system/
    I'm gonna guess no from emission experience. Would say swap in stock cat but defeats the whole exhaust. Maybe a customer can give an accurate review!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I'm gonna guess no from emission experience. Would say swap in stock cat but defeats the whole exhaust. Maybe a customer can give an accurate review!
    They told me before they've had customers in CO pass, but I'm guessing those people were in the Springs where there aren't emissions.
    LY9B 2000 A4 1.8TQM|Frankenturbo F21L|550cc Motoza|034 AEM WMI|ClutchMasters FX250|Carbonio CAI|Borla Cat Back|034 TP|Godspeed FMIC|R8 coilpacks|AWP harness|Toy Guy SS|034 mounts|034 adj. CAs|ST Coilovers|A6 strut brace|ECS Rear Diff Mount|Black Sport Cloths|Euro S3 FBMFSW|B6 S4 Mirror|Euro Bolster|S4 interior/exterior|M3 spoiler|Aero Arms|Votex Rack w/Rocky Mounts|A8 Fat Fives|S4 Cluster|P3 VIDI gauge|Pioneer AVH-X4700BS|Alpine PDX-V9|6 Polk DB mids|Eclipse 12"

Veteran Member Four Rings jimrobbington's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Forester XT, lawn mower
    Items for Sale

And HFCs go bad too. And some locations are a bitch on low cars and aftermarket wheels. Safest way is to run test pipe that you can swap with OEM cat and turn your tune down to pass.

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Anyone Passing Denver Emissions with 42DD HFC

Looking for ideas... I already have the stock cat and will be swapping it in and out. This past weekend I broke an exhaust stud and eventually an easy out, that required some bad ass mac carbide bits and some finesse to drill out. I finally/luckily got back to stock threads and then retapped to 10x1.5. It was such a bitch that I want to make it easier. I will be using anti seize and lube on the nuts this time around and hi temp loctite-ing the studs so it doesn't happen again.

Senior Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

They told me before they've had customers in CO pass, but I'm guessing those people were in the Springs where there aren't emissions.
    I have passed Air Care's dyno in the Denver Metro area with 42 Draft Design's complete turbo back exhaust on my MK4 Jetta 1.8T.
    But there was one year I didn't pass, and it turned out to be a failing catalyst.
    However the catalyst was warranted and was able to pass again without fail.

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Looking for ideas... I already have the stock cat and will be swapping it in and out. This past weekend I broke an exhaust stud and eventually an easy out, that required some bad ass mac carbide bits and some finesse to drill out. I finally/luckily got back to stock threads and then retapped to 10x1.5. It was such a bitch that I want to make it easier. I will be using anti seize and lube on the nuts this time around and hi temp loctite-ing the studs so it doesn't happen again.
    Wait, there are no emission requirements in the Springs? I'm moving there later this year and was wondering this.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jsilva3071 View Post
    Wait, there are no emission requirements in the Springs? I'm moving there later this year and was wondering this.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Bummer.