Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings viperocco's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

purchasing c5 a6 2.7t 6spd

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So after selling my a4 to buy a bmw...and after test driving 4 bmws I have realized that they are actually garbage. So I am looking at a 2002 a6 2.7t 6spd. Anything in particular that are known issues with this car?

I have already taken notice of the pixelating cluster, rear heated seats not working and the timing belt needing to get done as it hasnt been done yet. (car has 86k on t he clock)

Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Re: purchasing c5 a6 2.7t 6spd

Timing belt alone will run $1,500 to $2,000 if you don't do it yourself, other things to look out for are leaky cam seals, valve cover gaskets, motor and tranny mounts, cv boots and joints, control arms and other suspension components etc. etc. There are quite a few things to look out for, have you driven the car, how did it feel?
    6 Speed--EPL--034--SPEC--ER--AquaMist--Forge--RS4--RS6--K04 --RNS-E--DTS--PSS9's
    SOLD

Greg
    C5UNION

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by A62TURBO View Post
    Timing belt alone will run $1,500 to $2,000 if you don't do it yourself, other things to look out for are leaky cam seals, valve cover gaskets, motor and tranny mounts, cv boots and joints, control arms and other suspension components etc. etc. There are quite a few things to look out for, have you driven the car, how did it feel?
    The car felt pretty stable, although I was driving on side streets. I am going to drive it on the highway tomorrow when I go see the car again. There is excessive wear on the front right tire which I need to look into, I am thinking alignment. He didnt clean the engine, which I prefer when I go see a car, and didnt see any signs of leaks...but I should pull the engine cover off.

Is there a DIY on timing belt for 2.7t?

Registered Member Four Rings 00s4slvr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    b7 a4 2.0T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by viperocco View Post
    The car felt pretty stable, although I was driving on side streets. I am going to drive it on the highway tomorrow when I go see the car again. There is excessive wear on the front right tire which I need to look into, I am thinking alignment. He didnt clean the engine, which I prefer when I go see a car, and didnt see any signs of leaks...but I should pull the engine cover off.

i know a place that does GREAT work and you buy the timing belt kit and hel charge you a UNBEATABLE price just PM me for details.!!

Veteran Member Four Rings Stone825's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Check out my A6 :). I'm sitting at 75,500 miles and I've already done the timing belt, water pump, etc.

Anyways watch out for...
    Control arms
    Tie rod ends
    Timing belt
    Turbos
    DV's
    Last edited by Stone825; 11-26-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Audi A6 2.7T : 6MT : 88K Miles : GIAC Chip : 2.5" Catback : Hotchkis F+R Sways : AWE DTS

chrisstone3d.com

Veteran Member Four Rings 2001A6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Audi A6, 07 BMW F800S, 11 Triumph Datona 675R, 12 BMW S1000RR

The JHM TB kit comes with a DIY DVD...
    ~Matt.
    -01 A6
    -86 Porsche 944
    -07 BMW F800S
    -11 Triumph Daytona 675R
    -12 BMW S1000RR
    The C5 Union

Established Member Two Rings benben128's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah i was just put in the same position, as i just recently bought my 2.7 as well. Make sure you do that t-belt asap! One thing i need done on my car is the torque converter, although im not sure if it will apply to your car since its manual. Its pricey! Watch out for bad O2 sensors.

Make sure you do proper warmups and cooldowns, before/after driving her.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    96 Nissan 240SX

is it just me or 2k pricey for a timing belt?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by Stone825 View Post
    Check out my A6 :). I'm sitting at 75,500 miles and I've already done the timing belt, water pump, etc.

Anyways watch out for...
    Control arms
    Tie rod ends
    Timing belt
    Turbos
    DV's
    Is your ride a stick shift?

Veteran Member Four Rings MultiAudis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A6, 01 Allroad 6mt

Is your ride a stick shift?
    Indeed it is: http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...ate=1244954796
    Allroad Army
    The C5 Union
    Avant Garde

"Nails don't get the allroad, the allroad gets the nails."

AZ Member #

Timing belt should only cost $1000 max at a good mechanic. That's what I paid for mine and I had everything else done like coolant and whatnot (Blauparts kit).
    Audi A6 2.7T : 6MT : 88K Miles : GIAC Chip : 2.5" Catback : Hotchkis F+R Sways : AWE DTS

chrisstone3d.com

Veteran Member Four Rings wofman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Jetta TDI

So after selling my a4 to buy a bmw...and after test driving 4 bmws I have realized that they are actually garbage. So I am looking at a 2002 a6 2.7t 6spd...
    Well, BMWs are certainly not "garbage", but buying any used car is a risk. What price for this 86K mile unit? What features? Needs suspension work and TB, so it's definitely not ready for prime time. You should contact Stone. While anything can always happen, getting from enthusiast is better than total uncertainty.
    Nothing going to bring it back: 2000 C5 2.7T 6sp MT
    Ming Blue, S6 Blades, EuroSpoiler,
    GIAC-93, AWE DPs to Milltek Catback,
    RS4 Clutch, JHM DT-Stabilizer, VAST Short-Shifter,
    H&R Sways, Eibach Pro-kit, Bilstein Sport Shocks, etc., ...
    NOW: '10 Jetta TDI w 6MT, Revo Tune Commuter Car

Veteran Member Four Rings khalimadeath's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 S6 Avant, 98 A4, Yamaha Supermoto

i have a 2001 4.2 and the T-belt was replaced at 90k miles im at 112k not having any problems will i need to get a new one at 200k? or should this one hold up?
    -Zach-

The C5 Union////////////

The United States Constitution
    (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by khalimadeath View Post
    i have a 2001 4.2 and the T-belt was replaced at 90k miles im at 112k not having any problems will i need to get a new one at 200k? or should this one hold up?
    I'm not sure about the 4.2 but I know the 2.7T is every 75K miles. That means that I will do the TB again at ~140K - 150K.

Just look up the recommended schedule.

chrisstone3d.com

Veteran Member Four Rings 2.slowT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A6 2.7T
    Items for Sale

Anyways watch out for...
    Control arms
    Tie rod ends
    Timing belt
    Turbos
    DV's
    The above plus aux cooling pump, O2 and EGT sensors, CV boots, head gaskets, cam seals.... the list goes on.

If your hand you can probably do most yourself.
    2002 A6 2.7T Sport
    2000 A4 Avant Daily

C5UNION | pictures & timeline

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by wofman View Post
    Well, BMWs are certainly not "garbage", but buying any used car is a risk. What price for this 86K mile unit? What features? Needs suspension work and TB, so it's definitely not ready for prime time. You should contact Stone. While anything can always happen, getting from enthusiast is better than total uncertainty.
    ok let me rephrase,, maybe not garbage however I would say they suffer from poor build quality. Things I wouldnt expect from them like fabric falling off a pillars, weather stripping falling off, sunroof shade coming off amd little things like that. I would also walk away from test drives very unimpressed.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

I drove the car again today and took up to highway speeds. While the seller isnt an enthusiast, it does seem as though he took care of the car. A little about the car: 2002 a6 2.7t 6spd, 86500, red with tan interior (actually black and tan), 18" rs rims and all the other fixins..he asking 9000 obo.

Forum Moderator Four Rings doobiesdaddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2013 Mercedes C250 Sport
    Items for Sale

Timing belt should only cost $1000 max at a good mechanic. That's what I paid for mine and I had everything else done like coolant and whatnot (Blauparts kit).

Not true Stone. Labor charges can vary widely with your location. I'm pretty sure labor is cheaper where you live than where I live. BTW, what price do you pay per hour for labor in PA?
    Dave - Moderator
    Issue? send me an email

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    -John Lennon

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doobiesdaddy View Post
    Not true Stone. Labor charges can vary widely with your location. I'm pretty sure labor is cheaper where you live than where I live. BTW, what price do you pay per hour for labor in PA?
    If I would have taken my timing belt to this other shop, it was $75 an hour labor there which would have put the install at $800. Since I already bought the kit I just took it to another shop that was $100 - $115 an hour irrc.

The kit was the same (coolant, waterpump, etc).

chrisstone3d.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 A4 2.0t, '04 F150

I think 9k is a little on the high end. I am skeptical of his care for the car if he put off the timing belt for so long. Anyone who knows about this car would've had it done as a precaution. Personally, I paid $1,335 for the timing belt job.
    I have been an '02 2.7t owner for over 3 years and I second all of the issues above. One thing that was not mentioned is the cooling system. There is a known defect with this system and the Audi dealership will try and talk you into their redesigned system if you ever bring it in to them.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Jetta TDI

If you need a new one at 200K it will be because this one held up.

While the seller isnt an enthusiast, it does seem as though he took care of the car. A little about the car: ... with ... all the other fixins... 9000 obo.
    If suspension caused wear that you described and it is overdue for TB, I'd say you may be, shall we say, a little optimistic in projecting that he "took care of the car". "Other fixins"? We generally refer to specific options -- sport package, winter package, or any engine, suspension, exterior mods over stock. My guess is you're in for a round of items if TB (and water pump)is not done, and tire wear is as bad as you said (cont'l arms? tie rod? cv? and tires, of course; brakes?). You need to ask what maintenance WAS done.

You're in a very distinctly small minority if you think BMW offers "poor build quality." Not so. But having said that, C5 2.7t 6MT is a lot of car and a great combo sport-tour sedan platform.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I work for BMW. I can get a used beemer for cheap price.. however I purchased a 2004 4.2 A6 that will be deliver this Monday.

Comparing the 5 series to the A6, the 5 wins in the handling department, specially if you go for a 540 and up. The interior is garbage as you said. They have very little poor quality paint jobs.. these cars have more issues than the A6. But the BMW has more pedigree that the Audi badge.

good luck on your purchase.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

If you need a new one at 200K it will be because this one held up.
    DURRR
    -Zach-

The C5 Union////////////

Established Member Two Rings q2quest's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I sold my 2000 A6 2.7T 6 speed last year with 167,000 miles. Not a day goes by that I don't miss it. I had many problems with mine over the years, but I fixed almost everything myself with the help of a VAG and Bentley manual. For the most part I enjoyed the challenge. Just the usual stuff mentioned above. Go for it! $9000 sounds about right, maybe $500 too high. Good luck.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Jetta TDI

DURRR
    Hey, it was your question: will i need to get a new one at 200k? or should this one hold up?

PS I'm told that the current term is "no durr"....

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hey, it was your question: will i need to get a new one at 200k? or should this one hold up?

PS I'm told that the current term is "no durr"....

lol sorry i guess my e lingo is not up to date. and damn son i was just trying to find out the average life of a timing belt no reason to hate.
    -Zach-

The C5 Union////////////

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by 3.0 Rider View Post
    I work for BMW. I can get a used beemer for cheap price.. however I purchased a 2004 4.2 A6 that will be deliver this Monday.

Comparing the 5 series to the A6, the 5 wins in the handling department, specially if you go for a 540 and up. The interior is garbage as you said. They have very little poor quality paint jobs.. these cars have more issues than the A6. But the BMW has more pedigree that the Audi badge.

good luck on your purchase.
    thanks, I am actually torn. There is the 330ci that i test drove with 33900 on the clock, sport, premium, cold weather package but a burnt clutch due to sellers wife not knowing how to drive a stick. He was asking 15900 i offered him 10500 and he just emailed me asking I can move from that as he is desperate to sell.

the audi a6 which is fully loaded (no sports package) is unique in its own right but a completely different car. he is asking 9000, i offered him 7800 on friday.

It is the interior of the bmw and the paint that gets me. I have owned 3 audis and countless vws and was surprised to see these issues in bmw. Bmws seem to hold value better than audis....which is weird cause I have always felt that audis are bang for the buck...

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

thanks, I am actually torn. There is the 330ci that i test drove with 33900 on the clock, sport, premium, cold weather package but a burnt clutch due to sellers wife not knowing how to drive a stick. He was asking 15900 i offered him 10500 and he just emailed me asking I can move from that as he is desperate to sell.

the audi a6 which is fully loaded (no sports package) is unique in its own right but a completely different car. he is asking 9000, i offered him 7800 on friday.

It is the interior of the bmw and the paint that gets me. I have owned 3 audis and countless vws and was surprised to see these issues in bmw. Bmws seem to hold value better than audis....which is weird cause I have always felt that audis are bang for the buck...

Well, is it a E90 3 series? 10 500 is an interesting price. Honestly.. if you can get used to their interior, and poor paint quality it is a great car to get. Handles well, and BMW engines are to my opinion very fine engines.

Sounds like you know how to deal your prices well.. so take whatever best deal you can get. Can't go wrong with either cars.. both have their pros and cons. The A6 was more comfortable than the 5 series, but the 5 series felt as agile as my previous B6 A4.

For me it was about winter driving. BMW are very bad cars for winter. During snow storms we usually take 30-45mins to bring the cars from the lot to the garage since some of them still have summer tires, and the entrance to the garage is on a little slope so we have to push them once in a while. The more power you'll have, the more difficult is to control. The new X drive is actually a big improvement, but doesn't have the same grip as Quattro.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by 3.0 Rider View Post
    Well, is it a E90 3 series? 10 500 is an interesting price. Honestly.. if you can get used to their interior, and poor paint quality it is a great car to get. Handles well, and BMW engines are to my opinion very fine engines.

Sounds like you know how to deal your prices well.. so take whatever best deal you can get. Can't go wrong with either cars.. both have their pros and cons. The A6 was more comfortable than the 5 series, but the 5 series felt as agile as my previous B6 A4.

For me it was about winter driving. BMW are very bad cars for winter. During snow storms we usually take 30-45mins to bring the cars from the lot to the garage since some of them still have summer tires, and the entrance to the garage is on a little slope so we have to push them once in a while. The more power you'll have, the more difficult is to control. The new X drive is actually a big improvement, but doesn't have the same grip as Quattro.
    It is an e46,...2001 to be exact and the audi is 2002. Both will need bucks spent on em as soon as I get em but I will be abale to enjoy my investment. I originally thought about e46 coupe b/c I wanted something different than my last 2 b6 a4s.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    I think 9k is a little on the high end. I am skeptical of his care for the car if he put off the timing belt for so long. Anyone who knows about this car would've had it done as a precaution. Personally, I paid $1,335 for the timing belt job.
    I have been an '02 2.7t owner for over 3 years and I second all of the issues above. One thing that was not mentioned is the cooling system. There is a known defect with this system and the Audi dealership will try and talk you into their redesigned system if you ever bring it in to them.
    Could you be more specific. The seller of this particular a6 had records from the local audi dealership. Some of it was covered through third party warranty and other stuff wasnt. He did not hesitate to drop 1200 here and 900 there from what I saw, however no timing belt or water pump. He did have some work done due to over heating but I dont remember what exactly was done.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have a 2000 a6 2.7t w/ 64k on it, bone stock, I'd be interested in selling for the right offer. TB and aux. water pump taken care of 3k or so ago; I'd have to check my records. Only mechanical fault is the CV's on the front are torn....I'm in Denver, CO. I'm in the opposite position of you. I had an e30M3 in Portland, OR and sold it due to the amt. of snow in Denver, needless to say I miss it desperately.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Quote Originally Posted by jdaigner View Post
    I have a 2000 a6 2.7t w/ 64k on it, bone stock, I'd be interested in selling for the right offer. TB and aux. water pump taken care of 3k or so ago; I'd have to check my records. Only mechanical fault is the CV's on the front are torn....I'm in Denver, CO. I'm in the opposite position of you. I had an e30M3 in Portland, OR and sold it due to the amt. of snow in Denver, needless to say I miss it desperately.
    I appreciate the offer(if it was directed to me) but I am looking for something with more options. My b6 A4 was bone stock and I def want something different. good luck on your sale. I think this purchase will come down to a coin toss or a I get them both!

Established Member Two Rings powerstar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The TB kit costs ~$175 online @ German Auto Parts
    Assuming it is a 5 hr job & 65/hr; it is $325....

Am I missing something???

About my car:
    It has 114k on it...I was told by the previous owner[2nd] that he was told that the TB was replaced when he bought it @ 103k, but when I inquired with the dealer [where the 1st owner has done all the maintenance] he says he does not have it on record...I think I need to replace it ASAP

I am looking for someone who can efficiently do this job @ Louisville, KY or Toledo, OH
    2001 Pearl Silver A6 2.7T

Senior Member Three Rings Asicks's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 allroad 2.7T 6MT/00 A6 2.7T

Quote Originally Posted by powerstar View Post
    The TB kit costs ~$175 online @ German Auto Parts
    Assuming it is a 5 hr job & 65/hr; it is $325....

Am I missing something???
    Yes you are missing something......the folowing items are replaced at the same time since the car is basically torn down....

1. Waterpump
    2. T-Belt Tensioner
    3. Thermostat
    4. Cam Seals
    5. Crank Seal
    6. T-Belt Tensioner
    7. Serpentine Tensioner
    8. Serpentine Belt
    9. G12 Coolant

Also the 'kit' prices vary greatly. Stay away from chinese parts!!!!!!

So yeah....you COULD do it for $300-$400, but you would be tearing it back apart to replace one or several of the above listed items.

NOT a wise move. Make the most of the labor you are paying for!

About my car:
    It has 114k on it...I was told by the previous owner[2nd] that he was told that the TB was replaced when he bought it @ 103k, but when I inquired with the dealer [where the 1st owner has done all the maintenance] he says he does not have it on record...I think I need to replace it ASAP

I am looking for someone who can efficiently do this job @ Louisville, KY or Toledo, OH
    If you were in the Midwest I'd hook you up. I usually do T-Belts for $350 + parts.
    -Scott-
    Mods - Far from stock
    C5UNION
    Reppin' the Midwest

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data...fitti_wall.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Jetta TDI

It's more than $175 as noted, it's more than 5 hours.

$65/hour? Wow. Not in any major metropolitan areas.

Veteran Member Three Rings Alpinevelo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 VW Jetta I5 daily driver bone stock 4 now

Quote Originally Posted by anthony911 View Post
    is it just me or 2k pricey for a timing belt?
    Definitely! I had mine done for $700.00 by a certified Audi/VW tech. (In Arizona) You just have to look around, but you can definitelly get it done for under $1K
    C5 A6 2.7T GIAC software Stage 1, EVOMS DV Valves, Cupra spoiler lip, RS4 OEM 18" Wheels.

Alex

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Asicks View Post
    Also the 'kit' prices vary greatly. Stay away from chinese parts!!!!!!

So yeah....you COULD do it for $300-$400, but you would be tearing it back apart to replace one or several of the above listed items.

NOT a wise move. Make the most of the labor you are paying for!

If you were in the Midwest I'd hook you up. I usually do T-Belts for $350 + parts.

Thank you buddy...

I live in Louisville, KY and travel to Toledo, OH almost every week...Are you close-by?

AZ Member #

Timing Belt Kit:

BlauParts :

$249.95
    # 1 Timing Belt
    # 2 'NTN' and 'INA' Timing Belt Tensioner Idlers - OEM Manufacturer
    # 1 Improved Heavy Duty Water Pump w/ Gasket
    # 1 Front Crank Seal
    # 2 Camshaft Seals (Improved 'Viton' Seal Material)
    # 6 Liters OEM Pentosin G12 PINK Antifreeze (4-1.5L Bottles – Appropriate Amount for Complete Cooling System Flush)
    # FREE Serpentine Belt
    # FREE Thermostat With O-Ring
    # NEW Detailed 'We Care!' Step-By-Step Audi A6 2.7L (Including Allroad) Timing Belt Instructions, Including Complete Front Bumper Removal Instructions!
    http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21113-A

$345.95

# 1 Timing Belt - OEM Manufacturer
    # Tensioner Idler Hardware
    # 1 "NTN' Hydraulic Tensioning Damper - OEM Manufacturer (Enhanced Addition)
    # 1 Relay Tensioner Lever (Enhanced Addition)
    # 1 Front Crank Seal
    # 2 Tubes of Thread Locking Compound (Required for Proper Reassembly as Outlined in Our Supplied Detailed Instructions)
    # 6 Liters OEM Pentosin G12 PINK Antifreeze (Qty 4 1.5L Bottles – Appropriate Amount for Complete Cooling System Flush)
    # FREE Serpentine Belt
    # FREE Front Motor Mount/Stop
    # FREE SHIPPING (Limited Time Offer!)
    # NEW Detailed 'We Care!' Step-By-Step Audi A6 2.7L Timing Belt Instructions
    # Complete Front Bumper Removal Instructions
    http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21113-1A

ECS Tuning:

$279.95
    * Timing belt
    * Idler roller
    * Tensioner roller
    * Hydraulic tensioner
    * Relay lever for hydraulic tensioner
    * Water pump
    * Cam seals (2)
    * Crank/Oil pump seal
    * Thermostat
    * Thermost O-Ring
    * Accessory drive belt
    * Two 1.5 Liter bottles of G12 coolant
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-...Timing/ES6168/

ECWerks:

$286
    Timing belt.
    Tensioner.
    Tensioner roller.
    Tensioner damper.
    Water pump.
    Water pump gasket.
    Thermostat.
    Thermostat gasket.
    Serpentine belt.
    http://www.ecwerks.com/timing-belt-kit-2-8-2-7t-v6.html

PureMS:

Partial Kit:
    $224.95

- OEM Tensioning damper (Many kits don't include this!)
    - OEM Tensioner Roller
    - OEM Relay Roller
    - OEM Tensioner Lever Arm (Many kits don't include this either!)
    - OEM Timing Belt
    http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1154

Full Kit:
    $309.95

- OEM Tensioner Roller
    - OEM Relay Roller
    - OEM Timing Belt
    - OEM Behr Thermostat with O-Ring
    - OEM Serpentine Belt
    - All Metal Water Pump

034 MotorSport:

$255
    * Timing Belt
    * Serpentine Belt
    * Tensioner Lever
    * Tensioner Roller
    * Idler Roller
    * Water Pump w/ Metal Impellar
    * Water Pump Gasket
    * Camshaft Seals
    * Thermostat w/ O-Ring
    http://www.034motorsport.com/product...ducts_id=19505

JHMotorsports:

$330
    JHM Exclusive Timing Belt Kit Install Video on DVD (51 minutes in length)(UPDATED w how to use cam lock bar and crank lock. Also more crank seal info.) - Timing Belt - Water Pump and Gasket - Thermostat and o-ring - Serpentine Belt - Hydraulic Tensioner - Tensioner Lever - Tensioner Pulley - Idler Pulley
    http://www.jhmotorsports.com/shop/ca...30c022276a2dca

FCP Groton:

$219.99
    Timing Belt List $98.38
    Timing Belt Roller List $69.00
    Timing Belt Tensioner List $103.17
    Serpentine Belt List $48.12
    Water Pump List $132.00 (updated with metal impellor and gasket)
    Thermostat List $29.65
    http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...+Allroad+S4%29

Shokan:

$275
    Includes Timing Belt, Water Pump with gasket, Thermostat with gasket, roller bearing, and tensioner roller bearing - Does not include the pneumatic tensioner.
    http://www.shokan.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1075

What do you guys suggest????

TYIA
    oooo

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 VW scirocco 16v

Timing Belt Kit:

BlauParts :

$249.95
    # 1 Timing Belt
    # 1 Front Crank Seal
    # 6 Liters OEM Pentosin G12 PINK Antifreeze (4-1.5L Bottles – Appropriate Amount for Complete Cooling System Flush)
    # FREE Serpentine Belt
    # NEW Detailed 'We Care!' Step-By-Step Audi A6 2.7L (Including Allroad) Timing Belt Instructions, Including Complete Front Bumper Removal Instructions!
    http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21113-A

$345.95

# 1 Timing Belt - OEM Manufacturer
    # Tensioner Idler Hardware
    # 1 "NTN' Hydraulic Tensioning Damper - OEM Manufacturer (Enhanced Addition)
    # 1 Relay Tensioner Lever (Enhanced Addition)
    # 1 Front Crank Seal
    # 2 Tubes of Thread Locking Compound (Required for Proper Reassembly as Outlined in Our Supplied Detailed Instructions)
    # 6 Liters OEM Pentosin G12 PINK Antifreeze (Qty 4 1.5L Bottles – Appropriate Amount for Complete Cooling System Flush)
    # FREE Serpentine Belt
    # FREE Front Motor Mount/Stop
    # FREE SHIPPING (Limited Time Offer!)
    # NEW Detailed 'We Care!' Step-By-Step Audi A6 2.7L Timing Belt Instructions
    # Complete Front Bumper Removal Instructions
    http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21113-1A

ECS Tuning:

$279.95
    * Timing belt
    * Idler roller
    * Tensioner roller
    * Hydraulic tensioner
    * Relay lever for hydraulic tensioner
    * Water pump
    * Cam seals (2)
    * Crank/Oil pump seal
    * Thermostat
    * Thermost O-Ring
    * Accessory drive belt
    * Two 1.5 Liter bottles of G12 coolant
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-...Timing/ES6168/

ECWerks:

$286
    Timing belt.
    Tensioner.
    Tensioner roller.
    Tensioner damper.
    Water pump.
    Water pump gasket.
    Thermostat.
    Thermostat gasket.
    Serpentine belt.
    http://www.ecwerks.com/timing-belt-kit-2-8-2-7t-v6.html

PureMS:

Partial Kit:
    $224.95

- OEM Tensioner Roller
    - OEM Relay Roller
    - OEM Timing Belt

Full Kit:
    $309.95

- OEM Tensioner Roller
    - OEM Relay Roller
    - OEM Timing Belt
    - OEM Behr Thermostat with O-Ring
    - OEM Serpentine Belt
    - All Metal Water Pump

034 MotorSport:

$255
    * Timing Belt
    * Serpentine Belt
    * Tensioner Lever
    * Tensioner Roller
    * Idler Roller
    * Water Pump w/ Metal Impellar
    * Water Pump Gasket
    * Camshaft Seals
    * Thermostat w/ O-Ring
    http://www.034motorsport.com/product...ducts_id=19505

JHMotorsports:

$330
    JHM Exclusive Timing Belt Kit Install Video on DVD (51 minutes in length)(UPDATED w how to use cam lock bar and crank lock. Also more crank seal info.) - Timing Belt - Water Pump and Gasket - Thermostat and o-ring - Serpentine Belt - Hydraulic Tensioner - Tensioner Lever - Tensioner Pulley - Idler Pulley
    http://www.jhmotorsports.com/shop/ca...30c022276a2dca

FCP Groton:

$219.99
    Timing Belt List $98.38
    Timing Belt Roller List $69.00
    Timing Belt Tensioner List $103.17
    Serpentine Belt List $48.12
    Water Pump List $132.00 (updated with metal impellor and gasket)
    Thermostat List $29.65
    http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...+Allroad+S4%29

Shokan:

$275
    Includes Timing Belt, Water Pump with gasket, Thermostat with gasket, roller bearing, and tensioner roller bearing - Does not include the pneumatic tensioner.
    http://www.shokan.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1075

What do you guys suggest????

TYIA
    oooo
    Wow good work!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    6mt 2.7 a6 with a million horsepower
    Items for Sale

I got my full kit from purems, and I have no complaints.
    -dre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast