Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Adam@SPP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1951 pontiac 2010 harley electra glide

adam's rotors: the famous. the legendary. the world renowned...the best!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    the story...

adam's rotors started out small and remains that way...a tight knit company.
    the small outfit and one-to-one interaction creates only the best service with quick response even faster built to order set-ups. with top notch product, this lends hand to our success thus far...

working 24/7 throughout the day, any and all questions are answered within the hour to the best of our ability, if not instantly. being an online company we do business direct via email, instant message, and over the web in our ever growing threads. just ask.

adam's rotors expertise is in the VW/audi market, but do set-ups for other makes & models. we can build ANY rotor for ANY car to factory spec. let us know!

we choose our relationships wisely as quality, performance, fit, & finish is key...
    adam's rotors chooses to only advertise thru audizine.com for their continued support and monumental importance to the VAG community.

over the last 3 years, 3 threads have helped build this business...

1. v.1
    2. v.2
    3. v.3

...and now for a fourth, pairing perfectly with the new website.

www.adamsrotors.com

the info...

these are custom made, per order...you'll have them in about 2-3 weeks...
    (this takes in account for ordering parts, shipping time to the shop, machining, dipping/hub painting, pkging, and shipment out to you!)

these are one-piece replacement rotors of top quality material, made PER vehicle.
    ...we ONLY make to OEM sizing, so we build the units to a particular vehicle, based on year, model, engine, drive, etc. from a spec book. ANY MAKE...ANY MODEL

each set includes silver zinc, a corrosion preventative, standard front & rear.
    any pricing we quote here or privately includes: packaging, shipping, paypal or cc fee, the rotors, custom machining, dipping, to your door...
    *NOTE: california residents now pay tax...please email me your shipping address to determine your rate.

you tell us how you want them!
    -dimpled
    -drilled
    -slotted (most recommended for both quiet braking and optimal performance)
    -dimpled/slotted (unique option. few offer this...)
    -drilled/slotted (classic combo)
    -dimple/dimple/slot
    -drill/drill/slot
    -AR race (exclusive double slot)
    -AR street (exclusive double slot/drill)
    -AR track (exclusive double slot/dimple)
    -AR sport I's (exclusive over-dimple)
    -AR sport II's (exclusive over-slot)

again, silver with rust free zinc finish is STANDARD on all orders. this is a corrosion protection process/measure. BUT:

*COLORED ZINC FINISH add $25:
    gold zinc or black zinc finishes are a subtle, unique, aesthetic touch for your rotors, very few offer!

also...

[I]*HUBS COATINGS add +$50:
    this gives the rotor a nice clean, tailored, finished look.
    the rotor is still standard silver zinc dipped, with a high temp, matte, baked-on finish.
    available in both black OR red, and many other options...let us know what you need/want.[I]

ONE (1) YEAR exchange warranty for:
    manufacture defects per rotor...on all orders!!!

AR EXCLUSIVES-

AR speed [NEW multi-slot!]:

[must be ordered with painted hubs]

AR sport I's [over-dimple]:

AR sport II's [over-slot]:

AR race [double slot]:

AR street [double slot/drill]:

AR track [double slot/dimple]:

AR CLASSICS-

the NEW drill/drill/slot w/black hubs:

drilled & slotted w/black hubs:

dimpled & slotted w/black hubs:

slotted only w/black hubs:

drilled only w/black hubs:

AR ZINC OPTIONS-

our black zinc finish [slotted only shown]:

our gold zinc finish [dimpled/slotted shown]:

our STANDARD silver zinc finish [drilled only shown]:

Last edited by Adam@SPP; 08-17-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: new patterns!
    customizable brake rotors, made-to-order | adam's rotors inc.
    adamsrotors.com
    , info@adamsrotors.com, tweet, instagram @adamsrotors, or facebook
    the S4: ROTORS4, the S2: ROTORS2, and the S8: ROTORS8

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Re: adam's rotors: the famous. the legendary. the world renowned...the best!

the pricing...

again, EACH and EVERY single AR order includes custom machining, made-to-order, silver zinc dip, and shipping within the US...

let us know your...
    1. application (make/model/year/trim)
    2. machine pattern (we have 12!)
    3. zinc finish (silver/gold/black)
    4. hub coating (matte black/red/orange/yellow/blue/etc.)

adam's rotors PSA:
    we've just LOWERED individual axle pricing for most every audi application AR offers from $50 to $150 a pair!!!
    log onto www.adamsrotors.com to see more if your interested in front or rears only...or always feel free to email me directly.

*NOTE: california residents now pay tax...please email me your shipping address to determine your rate.

NON VW/AUDI-

OTHER MAKES/MODELS:
    again...ASK! i can do ANY car, ANY brand, to factory specs.
    ...email me and let me quote you!

MULTIPLE ORDERS-
    EMAIL ME ABOUT THIS!!! i am always willing to work with you and see what i am able to do for 2+ sets ordered at once.

ORDER ONLINE HERE
    Last edited by Adam@SPP; 03-31-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: updates
    adamsrotors.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

contact me...

the AR garage is now offering local brake installation to northern california!
    based out of San Jose, CA, we offer great flat rate brake jobs and savings for having us install your adam's rotor order!
    take a look here and order now online!

please feel free to contact me w/any questions.
    We handle each & every order directly, so for best service, shoot us an email w/your request.

...PLEASE NO PMs

all questions/comments/concerns/inquiries:

email: info@adamsrotors.com

AIM: adamatspp

twitter: @adamsrotors

facebook: the AR fan page

photo work: www.focused-fotos.com

the FAQ's...

this covers some key points regarding our rotors and may answer few of your questions prior to contacting me for your order...

our recommendations:

slotting is both the quietest pattern and the most performance oriented...slotted, AR race, or AR sport II's.
    drilling is a great look, and it's safe too...add a row for a sporty, classic look. drilled, drilled/slotted, drill/drill/slot, or AR street.
    we offer a unique alternative to drilling; dimpling. get something different! dimpled, dimpled/slotted, dimple/dimple/slot, AR track, or sport I's.
    be sure to check out the exclusive patterns we offer: AR race, street, track, and this year's newest, AR sport I's & II's.
    utilize the silver zinc that’s included in price and add the black coated hubs for a clean finish...this also allows for our exclusive patterns.
    take advantage of our STOPTECH pad and stainless steel line packages that ship along side your rotor order, we're your one-stop-shop!

"do you offer pads and/or lines with your rotors?" "do you sell (insert brand xyz) pads?"

adam’s rotors chooses to ONLY offer STOPTECH street and POSI-QUIET performance pads for a reason. we pair them with our rotors for there quality, performance, and realistic daily drivability. many other performance pads, some of which being very popular and highly praised in the aftermarket community, are truly geared towards track use. tho great pads under the right circumstances, truly high performance pads have poor wet weather characteristics, are noisy, high dust, and more importantly compounds that require warm-up periods to create sufficient/safe bite. our pads are meant for car enthusiasts who push they're vehicles to the limit while also using it in daily driving scenarios. the two pads we offer cover both basis depending on the car and your driving style.
    STOPTECH stainless lines are the braided line of choice as well...

we offer pad only, line only, and pads & line bundles with out rotors, whch can be added to your cart in the order section...click HERE for more info.

"is there a proper break-in procedure for my new set of adam's rotors?"

after EVERY new brake job is complete, immediately after installation is wrapped up, the brakes must be broken in….especially when swapping both the rotors AND the pads., this is a crucial step in not only prepping both surfaces for a strong bite and safe braking, but will avoid sound issues, promote even wear, and all around smooth, clean, correct disc brake function…high speed (30-40 mph) pulls to hard tapping stops on and off the pedal x10 followed by high speed pulls to hard lock-up stops x10 will heat the rotors up, burn off the top layers of both the pad and rotor's zinc, and truly avoid any glazing concerns…this can cause hard shuddering, skipping of the rotors, along with loud noise, and an inefficient disc brake set-up.
    in short, beat the hell out of them right off the bat and let them cool with the brakes released and NO e-brake to avoid warping. the rotor surface is what creates friction with the brake pads and stops your car...a fresh set needs be properly seated within the contact patch of rotor & pad.

"what's the difference between dimpled vs. drilled rotors?"

a drill hole is a drilled through hole, while a dimple only goes half way thru the rotor's surface. both forms of rotor machining have zero effect on daily driven performance/stopping, and same for most track driving in reality. new age pads don’t create the gas that drill holes were designed to break up and dissipate. slotting is where we see the benefits in cooling. these disperse heat and keep the rotor surface cooler then blank rotor, and cool brakes,are good brakes. dimpling is different...it’s a unique pattern or style of machining many manufactures do not offer. it gives the look we all want, without the fear of cracking many have with drilling. the only real concern can be sound. dimples, due to the pockets “trapping” air between the pad can cause a soft clicking, covered more below.

"do machined rotors create sound?"

keyword can...but it's just the dimples/drilling. there is no reason the sound should be anything but mild, pleasant even. each application varies as rotor diameter/surface area changes, caliper size & pad contact differs, as do the compounds used in each brake pad. a bad bed, cheap pads, or an improper caliper/pad seating after install could cause something loud. drilling and more so dimpling is the culprit for something other than a silent experience. air being trapped within the rotor's machining and two pad surfaces creates this, but again is nominal. slotting is the ideal for performance and the faint of ear, so if you are concerned, opt for any of our 3 slotted only patterns. the bedding process which should be completed immediately after install can drastically effect stopping power and sound; it's also an important part of prepping your new rotors. high speed tap braking and full 0-30 pulls to slam to stop, is key...(see break-in info above)

"what makes AR machining so different?" "do adam's rotors crack after a while?"

our rotors simply don't crack.
    all machining, dipping, coating, and packaging is done in house at AR. first, we chamfers each drill hole which adds a beveled edge to each thru hole. secondly we pays extreme attention to how the pattern is laid down when machining. taking meticulous measures to avoid each and every vent rib which are the internal cooling veins (on vented discs) in these rotors avoids any issue with cracking. AR will not drill a rotor we are unable to do so with and thus cracking is never a concern. this is another reason why unlike many, we also offer dimples and unique slot patterns, ways of avoiding this and offering better, longer lasting, quality products...and AR backs them by a 1 year exchange warranty per rotor on manuf. defects.

"do the gold or black zinc rotors stay black forever?"

the colored zinc will only remain on the NON-pad contact areas. the face of the rotor will obviously wear silver instantly upon the initial bedding process after install from friction, leaving a very subtle accent color (and rust protection) on the remainder of the rotor. (hub/hat, dimples, slots, vents, etc) this is the same fir ANY zinc dipped corrosion protected rotor, but with black/gold, has a very nice touch behind a custom wheel/painted caliper.

"can you make bigger rotors for my car?"

you cant just put “bigger rotors” on your car. each mm larger (or smaller) would require a new/different carrier to hold the caliper the appropriate distance from the hub to grab the rotor as it spins safety and efficiently within it...your wheels size is irrelevant here too, we need to look at the basis of how disc brakes work. our rotors are ALL built to OEM dimensions. YOU tell us what application you want, and we will make them for that car. for example, we often sell sports models or larger motored car's brakes set-ups so base model/smaller motored cars within the same make/model due to their larger brakes. an S4 on an A4, or an G37S on a base model infinity...an STI on a WRX, etc. these set-ups using larger rotors/retrofits, are not a problem, to those who have already sourced the caliper/carrier set-up needed for a “OEM+ BBK” as we call it. BUT, is still on OEM setup and works only on compatible applications. we are a replacement rotor manufacturer, and we make our set-ups to spec, per car. you would have to have the caliper/carrier to accept the larger rotors…this is your modification and we are only responsible for plug n play or direct bolt on, OEM based kits made for YOUR car…but please know we are happy to build a larger setup for you, yet its your responsibility and requirement to do your own HW/sourcing for the rest of the components needed and in the end I must be building an OEM spec. once more we are made-to-order, final sale.

"do you make rotors for (insert your car here)?"

YES! we make rotors for ANY make/model car/truck/van...just email us if your specific car isn;t listed in our catalog for a quote.

"can I choose any pattern you offer? do some cost more than others?"

you can pick ANY of our 12 patterns we offer...each set is made to your liking so have it your way. our exclusive patterns require that you add our ceramic coated hubs, but other than that all machining is included with our orders.

"do adam's rotors weigh less?"

yes, but we don't advertise as a lightweight alternative because the difference is nominal, but they are lighter.
    unless your a true race car driver and this car only sees the track, noone out there can truly feel/utilize this "unsprung" weight on a daily driver, that people are so worried abou...and it is hardly worth the extra coin in our opinion. the blanks weigh less than stock blanks as is, and after machining, even less of course...drilled takes about .75lb from the fronts and about .5lb from the rears. slotted takes half that amount. drilled/slotted variations are somewhere between those two give or take, and a bit more when we look at our exclusive AR patterns.

"what does (insert $ quote) cover?" "how much for shipping to (insert state)" "how much shipped to Canada?"

all pricing is to your door within the US. machined to order, silver zinc dipped, packaged, shipped, with paypal/CC fee included.
    please realize this is when shopping around...our pricing is very competitive.
    there is NO pick-up available…Californian shipments must pay state tax.
    all AR orders INCLUDE free shipping within the US including APO's, HI, AK, etc. Canadian shipping is a flat rate +$100 for a set of 4 rotors. we also ship overseas! please inquire per application about international rates with a full address. we also promote that international orders provide a US address of friend or family to ship to in order to avoid the charges for international shipping and customs paperwork.

"is ever set made to order?" "do you have (insert your car)" in stock?"

all orders are final sale once payment is made. we do NOT stock ANYTHING...adam's rotors is a fully, built to order, custom tailored product...ach set is made for you. with over 12 patterns, 3 colored zincs, and custom hub coatings, the combinations are endless...then pair that with EVERY make/model, car/trick/van made, this is what makes us who we are. we process orders immediately and order blanks at that time…once they arrive I start the machining process with urgency and move forward with the build quickly…I too am subject of final sale with our suppliers and being that each set is custom, made to order based, without any inventory or off the shelf units, there are no refunds whatsoever.

ONE (1) YEAR exchange warranty on maufacture defects, per rotor…from order date, per order!
    Last edited by Adam@SPP; 03-31-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    adamsrotors.com

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998 323is

bump for a real quality set of rotors and a good guy!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I got these rotors on my car... I gotta say, EVERYTHING about this transaction from start to finish was crystal clear and the way it should be done. I love my rotors, the look and feel GREAT!!!

Y'all need to forget about any other option you had and get with this dude Adam...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

my local homies...thank you and glad you enjoy em!
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Three Rings the4ringer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    IKE, The '08 5dr Coupe

bump for legit guy

2008 A3 2.0T | Ocean Blue | Open Sky | iPod | S-Line

[||||||||||] 99.99% Complete
    "Dont turn heads... Break necks"

..::The IKE & Audizine Build-Up Show::..
    updated 09.30.009

Veteran Member Four Rings norcatalyst126's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 Ford Fusion and '03 Ford F-250

need rotors?...adam's rotors

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Stage 2 Turbo'd Ecotec Cavalier

looks like i will be placing my order before the 15. i was going to wait but gotta get on it now.

Established Member Two Rings hiphoppopotamus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 B7 Avant; 2009 MKV GTI

BUMP! I've had two sets of adam's rotors on my B6 A4, and they have NEVER let me down! adam is hands down the most knowledgeable, responsive, and capable salesman i have EVER dealt with in purchasing auto parts.
    REVO Stage II :: Neuspeed Catback 70mm :: 034 HFC :: Neuspeed Sport Springs :: H&R Spacers 15f/20r :: OEM+

Veteran Member Four Rings CONTROL TWO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4
    Items for Sale

def gonna do this soon! bump for awesome quality
    -Grant
    B8 S4 APR Tuned
    ig: g_strachan

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2007 B7 RS4 2006 Evo IX MR

BiG BUMP for Adam. He has hooked me up and many of my boys on the East coast. I rock his rotors on my R32 and so do alot of other Dubbers. Adam is great to deal with and his stuff is Quality. Bump for you bud!!! Showin some East Coast Lovin...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

email me: adamsrotors@me.com
    adamsrotors.com

Established Member Two Rings Idrive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Santorin A4 Avant 1.8tQm

just put an order in! This is so exciting

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^ processing now!
    adamsrotors.com

Established Member Two Rings nicheracing's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Ultrasport 6spd

Just ordered! Sweet promo too w/ the black hub upgrade, had to get front and rear!

Shawn
    2004 A4 Ultrasport Arctic White
    2004 VW Touareg V8 Silver

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 S60 R-Design, 88 Fiero GT

E-mail sent.

--Allen

AZ Member #
    My Garage

emails only please: adamsrotors@me.com
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Four Rings BlkdoutS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 S4
    Items for Sale

emailed
    '01.5 Silver B5 S4 - Follow my build here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...4-Build-Thread

Established Member Two Rings Idrive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Santorin A4 Avant 1.8tQm

Just got these bad boys in today. Super happy with everything, thanks a lot Adam!
    Now I just can't wait to put them on..

AZ Member #
    My Garage

proud to announce, adam's rotors transportation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_ocr0od8E

focused-fotos
    Last edited by Adam@SPP; 12-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    adamsrotors.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

new product photos are up...have a look!
    adamsrotors.com

Established Member Two Rings nicheracing's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Ultrasport 6spd

Sick Adam! Love the CC. Just got the rotors this week. Look awesome, waiting for pads and get my baby to stop again!
    2004 A4 Ultrasport Arctic White
    2004 VW Touareg V8 Silver

AZ Member #
    My Garage

adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Three Rings dubless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

email sent.
    DTM....FTW!!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^ replied a while ago
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Four Rings mbgt72's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Jeep Wrangler

email sent, and hopefully an order will be placed soon!
    Current: 996TT
    Sold but not forgotten: 2005.5 S4 MT6 l JHM Parts: Stg 1 S/C, LTH, IM, SS Trio, LW Front Rotors, LWFW, Stg IV clutch, 4:1 Diff, Stern Motor Mounts, Snub/Trans/Diff Mounts, F.I.Exhaust l H&R C.O. 24.75" G-F, 034 Adj UCA's, H-Sport RS4 Rear Sway l Hawk HPS Pads, SS lines & SuperBlue l Fly'sV4 LEDs l 15% Tint, 50% Front l VMR V710 GM 19" & Enkie RPF01's l JL 10W7, Focal Components l V1 Mirror Display l

AZ Member #
    My Garage

back atcha
    adamsrotors.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

adam's rotors on yelp!
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/adams-rotors-san-jose

any of you customers with a set on your car now, i encourage you to please leave a review and help spread the word!
    i'd really appreciate it and hope to keep growing this audizine born business onto all makes & models in the modding world!
    adamsrotors.com

Senior Member Two Rings pja0750's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 A4 1.8T, 56 Ford Customline

do you make 332mm rotors? cause i need some new ones for my stage III set up for B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8TQ, soon to be BAT set up

Veteran Member Four Rings KNaudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4, C6 S6
    Items for Sale

adam, you've got a PM coming your way.
    My WTB List:
    -Sport (all black) shift surround for 6MT
    -Sport (all black) ash tray cover

KNaudi's story

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pja0750 View Post
    do you make 332mm rotors? cause i need some new ones for my stage III set up for B5 A4 1.8TQ
    ^ to answer this question, as posted:
    these are one-piece units, built to OEM spec, top quality pieces, PER vehicle.
    ...i ONLY make to OEM standard, so i build the units to a particular vehicle, based on year, model, engine, drive, etc. from a spec book.

my rotors are ALL built to OEM spec, YOU tell me what application you want.
    i often DO sell b5s4 set-ups for other cars/applications (larger rotors) to those who have already sourced the caliper/carrier set-up needed for a "OEM+ bbk" but is still an OEM set-up and works only on compatible applications.
    you would have to have the caliper/carrier to accept the larger rotors...same with adding a8's or tt or 3.0 rotors being modded/added to a base model b6a4...the carrier is needed.
    this is a mod...or upgrade. the only time its plug n play or direct bolt on, is an OEM based kit made for YOUR car...
    im happy to build a set up larger for you, but its your responsibility and requirement to do your own HW/sourcing for the rest of the components needed, and in the end i must be building to an OEM spec. final sale, built to order.
    as for the PM, replied...shoot me an email tho please. thanks!
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Four Rings Audi Skate Snow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C300 Sport and tools

Adam, looks like I might have to try some of these famous things.
    BetaAlphaTau member #1.5
    R.I.P B6 A4!!!!!! 12/03/2005 12.63@108... stock 1.8 motor W/ GTRS.
    B6 A4 Avant, 2.0 Liter, 3071, Maestro

AZ Member #
    My Garage

^ haha...you got the wrong guy bud.

either way tho, shoot me an email about the rotors. i'll take care of you...
    you may not remember, but i'm remembertofocus back in our b6 days!
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Four Rings Audi Skate Snow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C300 Sport and tools

Quote Originally Posted by Adam@SPP View Post
    ^ haha...you got the wrong guy bud.

either way tho, shoot me an email about the rotors. i'll take care of you...
    you may not remember, but i'm remembertofocus back in our b6 days!

ohhhhhhhhhh ahahahahah... thought you were someone else with the name.

ya im going to hit you up for some though.. about to redo the brakes... gotta get this avant done.
    BetaAlphaTau member #1.5
    R.I.P B6 A4!!!!!! 12/03/2005 12.63@108... stock 1.8 motor W/ GTRS.
    B6 A4 Avant, 2.0 Liter, 3071, Maestro

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

How much would it be for a set of C32 front rotors and a6 rear rotors? They would just need to be OEM C32 to be used with the cayenne conversion.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

email me this if you could?
    need exact year/make/model/motor to quote accurately.
    adamsrotors@me.com and I'll reply there when I can quote you a set-up...thanks!

*edit: jccollins, i sent you a PM...did some guesswork/HW and got you a quote. reply in an email for me and we can knock this out!
    Last edited by Adam@SPP; 01-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    adamsrotors.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

new numbers, better product, same great service!

www.adamsrotors.com
    adamsrotors.com

AZ Member #
    My Garage

now offering set-ups for B8S4s!
    adamsrotors.com

Veteran Member Four Rings groundround's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 a4 2.0T S-line TI pack

i sent you an e-mail about an order i want to make for a B7 A4 A.S.A.P.

cross drilled and slotted

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast