Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings ASU Daniel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

Tint on Ibis White Cars

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone have any pics of Ibis White cars with tint? I have always been against tint on my white cars, but I'm starting to get an itch to tint the Audi...

I'm thinking something too dark like 15% will look worse than something moderately dark like 20-35%, which is the number range I'm thinking......so I would like to see pics of preferably 20%-35% if possible

Thanks alot

Daniel

Here is one pic i found of 35% that made me kind of want to tint...

Veteran Member Four Rings hender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 2.0T

Re: Tint on Ibis White Cars

Quote Originally Posted by ASU Daniel View Post
    I have always been against tint on my white cars
    Let me stop you right there...
    Tinting on a white car is a MUST. now go get it!
    ...NNNNNNOWWW.
    [Size="2"] Canadian AZ'ers burning oil: www.a4b8oil.ca , sign up to help us get your repair costs back. Hold Audi accountable!

sweet multi-spoke stock 17"s | 20% tint | dropstop | few scratches where I closed the garage door on the bumper | 4x4 ride height | matte black hood | di-noc CF interior trim | plasti-dipped parts | pirated vag-com | 50lbs of sound equipment | couple of small stone chips on the hood | APR stg 1 | RS-Mesh Grille

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by hender View Post
    Let me stop you right there...
    Tinting on a white car is a MUST. now go get it!
    ...NNNNNNOWWW.
    i live in AZ too.......I drove my old jetta around without tint for 8 years (and a few of those years without working a/c)

it might be time for a change for sure

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

I would still like to see some more pics but i just stumbled upon these as well...

Quote Originally Posted by eboosted View Post
    3m

Before:

after:

Quote Originally Posted by a4Jerseyboi View Post
    Heres mine...18% ceramic tint all around and nothing on the windshield or sunroof..

Senior Member Three Rings Coyote USP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '78 Honda CB750K
    Items for Sale

I have an Arctic White USP (obv not a B8, but maybe it'll help). IMO the single most visually enhancing thing you can do for your car is to tint the windows. This picture isn't the greatest, but hopefully it helps.

BTW I have ~25% all around and I'm thinking about going darker in the back (it's definitely not as dark as it looks in the pic)

USP CLUB MEMBER #123

The Awesome™

Kyle

Veteran Member Four Rings ItsDubC's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Are you wanting to tint mainly for looks or more to keep the AZ sun off of you? The reason I ask is because there are types of tint out there w/ great heat-reflective qualities that aren't extremely dark, so it really depends on what your primary focus is.
    OEM+ 2009 Meteor Gray - Light Gray A4 2.0T Tip Quattro Prem+ Sport Saloon
    All-Weather Mats • Hόper Optik Stark 30 • APR Stage I • A5 S-line Y-spokes • Hankook Ventus V12 evos • S-line Stone Guards
    VAG-COM'd • H&R OE Sports • Eurocode IC Pipe • OEM Avant Dual Exhaust • Lamin-X'd • Smoked Ambers

Veteran Member Four Rings hender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 2.0T

That before & after really shows the difference. If it's not your cup of tea, then obviously don't get it. but personally i think it adds a new (excellent) dynamic.
    [Size="2"] Canadian AZ'ers burning oil: www.a4b8oil.ca , sign up to help us get your repair costs back. Hold Audi accountable!

sweet multi-spoke stock 17"s | 20% tint | dropstop | few scratches where I closed the garage door on the bumper | 4x4 ride height | matte black hood | di-noc CF interior trim | plasti-dipped parts | pirated vag-com | 50lbs of sound equipment | couple of small stone chips on the hood | APR stg 1 | RS-Mesh Grille

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Here's a very poor photo (if the upload works) of Huper Optik Stark 40 all around. Front looks lighter because windshield not tinted. I'm in Dallas and was going for heat reflection not light reduction. I had problem seeing clearly out back after sundown in previous car with darker tint; didn't want to back over a kid or something. I'd think in Scottsdale you'd appreciate the heat rejection of ceramic tint, so look at the specs of Huper and maybe Pinnacle Formula 1. Huper Stark is thick so be careful in your installer selection; if they overheat it in the curves of the back glass, it 'ghosts' -- flame-shaped distortions that look like oil on water. Call Huper in Houston to get name of competent installer. Added benefit of ceramic is it won't interfere with radio, remote, bluetooth signals. I had the panoramic sunroof done too and never have to close the shade.

Veteran Member Four Rings b6onboost's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Tint is a must for all cars, even if its a light shade. It adds a little mystery and sleekness to the car. I recommend 35%. Its dark, without being blacked out. Blacked out tint just looks ghetto imo, unless its on a limo. I have 35% on my black car, and if I had a white car I might even go a little lighter, simply because tint looks darker on lighter cars due to the contrast.

Senior Member Three Rings dieatomic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4

I know its black , i do agree with b6onboost that tints are a must, i think it gives the car a "complete" look. with out tints it feels like sometthing is missing.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDubC View Post
    Are you wanting to tint mainly for looks or more to keep the AZ sun off of you? The reason I ask is because there are types of tint out there w/ great heat-reflective qualities that aren't extremely dark, so it really depends on what your primary focus is.

For the sun mostly, but I definitely also want to go somewhere in between 20-30 it seems like now (depending on what I find) after seeing all of these pictures. I think ceramic also

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote USP View Post
    BTW I have ~25% all around and I'm thinking about going darker in the back (it's definitely not as dark as it looks in the pic)

I really like how that looks too

Quote Originally Posted by b6onboost View Post
    I recommend 35%. Its dark, without being blacked out. Blacked out tint just looks ghetto imo, unless its on a limo. I have 35% on my black car, and if I had a white car I might even go a little lighter, simply because tint looks darker on lighter cars due to the contrast.
    Yeah, I have this in my mind also. I want to see some more 35% on white, hopefully someone has some pics

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

I'm also considering something that isn't dark at all, something that is just for heat/uv

Veteran Member Three Rings piotrowr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm in Scottsdale too and got 35% Huper Optik ceramic tint. Really kept the heat out during the summer if that's what you're interested in. Plus ceramic has a nice hue to the tint, almost bronze rather then you typical dark gray/black tone.
    2010 A4 Avant Prestige - 19" Sport Package, Quartz Gray Metallic, NAV, Side Assist, Huper Optik Ceramic 35%

Veteran Member Three Rings vwong's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 S4, '09 335i, '98 Prelude

Here is mine, 20% all around.

2010 Audi S4 6MT
    2009 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
    YouTube Channel

Forum Moderator Four Rings MiracleWhips's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have 20% tint on my IBIS Avant. It was described to me by the tint shop as standard SUV tint.

To me it is perfect. Privacy, heat resistant, and aesthetics, but not without the corny blackout look.
    Last edited by MiracleWhips; 10-30-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    APR II+ / STaSIS 23mm RARB / AWE FMIC & Exhaust / Eurocode IP / Carbonio / 034 HFC & TIP / 20% Tint / S5 Mirrors / Rotiform MIAs 19x8.5 / Hankook 255/35 / H&R Avant Sport Springs / RS6 Pedals / Hoen Fogs /Stoneguards / ecodes / A4L Fog grills

Senior Member Three Rings Jacon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 A4 P+ 6MT, 98 Vr6 Jetta

mine with 35%

My current rides...
    Audi
    Jetta

Veteran Member Three Rings 1_clean_Audi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 Ibis 6MT S-line
    Items for Sale

heres mine its 35% all around,i have gtten complimented on it cause its not too dark or too light,just perfect.

APR intake | APR Stage 1 | Debadge | Vag-com mods | 35% Tint |

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

35% all around
    current car - black b8 s4
    muffler delete for funzies

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

THANKS alot for all of the pics guys, it is really helping me decide

Quote Originally Posted by piotrowr View Post
    I'm in Scottsdale too and got 35% Huper Optik ceramic tint. Really kept the heat out during the summer if that's what you're interested in. Plus ceramic has a nice hue to the tint, almost bronze rather then you typical dark gray/black tone.
    Who did you use? That is the tint I would love to get

Veteran Member Four Rings ItsDubC's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Interior color should also be a consideration when deciding on tint darkness. I have Huper Optik Stark 30 (which is actually 35% I believe) on my light gray interior and it's perfect IMHO.
    OEM+ 2009 Meteor Gray - Light Gray A4 2.0T Tip Quattro Prem+ Sport Saloon
    All-Weather Mats • Hόper Optik Stark 30 • APR Stage I • A5 S-line Y-spokes • Hankook Ventus V12 evos • S-line Stone Guards
    VAG-COM'd • H&R OE Sports • Eurocode IC Pipe • OEM Avant Dual Exhaust • Lamin-X'd • Smoked Ambers

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

my interior is tan

my buddy Derek is also looking into getting a local guy to do a tint day with up to 10 cars using 3M's prestige window film that is clear but has good heat rejection and UV rejection.

anyone used/heard of this stuff?

specs of it:

Visible Light Transmitted: 69%
    Infrared Rejected: 97%
    Glare Reducion: 23%
    UV Blocked: 99%
    Last edited by ASU Daniel; 10-30-2009 at 05:20 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T

I have decided on trying to get this Huper Optik I mentioned above ^

If not, I am going to look into other alternatives that are also 'clear', my euro oem+ styling from my VW days is kicking back in and I want to keep it clean while still protecting the interior.

thanks for all of the help guys, I will post some pics when I get something done