Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings audiluxary's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Audi A4 1.8T/2002 S4 (Imola) stage 2

TCM/TCU location

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This may be a dumb question but someone please tell me where the TCU is located. I know people have said under the passenger side floor board. Please be more specific as to where exactly it is. I pulled the right kick board off and I can't figure out how to pull the top kick board the one with the light in it down. I pulled my carpet up some and I still can't find the TCU container. Please help thanks.
    2001.5 1.8t

GIAC FXK04 (Hammer) installed with a big fat cell...update, cell has been gone for a long time now but smells like it's running rich.

2002 Audi S4 - Stage 2 (Imola)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Re: TCM/TCU location

Quote Originally Posted by audiluxary View Post
    This may be a dumb question but someone please tell me where the TCU is located. I know people have said under the passenger side floor board. Please be more specific as to where exactly it is. I pulled the right kick board off and I can't figure out how to pull the top kick board the one with the light in it down. I pulled my carpet up some and I still can't find the TCU container. Please help thanks.
    On the '98 it is under the carpet on the passenger side floor board. Using the door speaker as a reference move back approx 3 inches. Remove the plastic trim (door sill) that ones' feet pass over whenever a passenger enters the vehicle then pull up the carpet and push your hand under the carpet and back toward the the door sill is where you will find it

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks man I found it now. I thought it was up more to where your feet rest, I didn't know it was way back thier. Thanks again. Now I have a question, does anyone know if these two TCU's are compatible with eachother.? The one on the left is the one that is in the car now and I was wondering if I can put the one on the right in with no problems. The only thing different on the TCU's are the last letter of the serial numbers.
    2001.5 1.8t

GIAC FXK04 (Hammer) installed with a big fat cell...update, cell has been gone for a long time now but smells like it's running rich.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

It works, they are compatable if anyone was wondering.
    2001.5 1.8t

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audiluxary View Post
    It works, they are compatable if anyone was wondering.
    glad you found it and that it works!!!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have a 2001 A4 1.8T quattro and need to replace the TCM. I need the part number and was wondering if the TCM's you have a picture of was for a 2001 also?