So here is the story. A year ago I did the vacuum hose/check valve removal as per the DIY. As soon as I did it I my check engine light came on. I scanned it with Vagcom but since it was a evap code I really didn't care. My gas mileage was fine and the car performed flawlessly. Well after a year of staring at a check engine light I decided to fix it. I know in the DIY it says to vent the N80 valve directly into the engine bay and you won't throw a code but on my car that was false. I went to NAPA today and bought a check valve (part # 2-939 distributor check valve) and installed it . I ran a vacuum hose from the N80 valve to the back of the intake manifold port. It wasn't being used any more since the vacuum delete. I put the check valve inline on the hose, started up my car and no more CEL. I can't believe I waited a year to do this.