Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings clemsongt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05.5 A4 2.0TMT RIP: 88 MX6 GT

ElsaWin Service Manual

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    After reading several threads about this and seeing many people with questions (myself included) I decided to try and write a more thorough write up. Thanks to enigman1406 for his post helping me understand the install to begin with, and to dicksongo for his video post referenced later in the install.

There is a service manual called ElsaWin. "ELSAWIN is the Service & Repair Workshop software actually used by the Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda main dealers and factory technicians around the world, it covers cars (with varying amount of informations) from 1947 till today. It provides Servicing Guides, Workshop - Repair Manuals, Electric Schemes - Wiring Diagrams, Body Works." It can be downloaded and installed giving us a huge amount of information.

There are several places to download it. It can be found on many different torrent sites:
    http://www.torrentreactor.net/torren...NGUAGE-ISO-TBE
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4702...P_VMware_Image
    http://isohunt.com/download/62582497/elsawin.torrent

If you aren't into torrents, then you can download each individual file from the links below (much more tedious of a process). The files are fairly prevalent around the internet, so if any of these links don't work a simple google search might help.

CD1 (install):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=nTa1C91
    DVD1 (Audi):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=kETL1YR
    DVD2 (Seat):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=N5BsL2K
    DVD3 (Skoda):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=PTUjJ4F
    DVD4 (VW Disc 1):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=Wieo5VN
    DVD5 (VW Disc 2):
    http://netfolder.in/folder.php?folder_id=l7s92Q6

Once all of the files are downloaded (only need the install CD and DVD1 for Audi), the install process can be completed.

1) If you don't have WinRAR, you will need to download it. All of the files are compressed in a .rar file. WinRAR is a file extractor like WinZip.

2) If you don't have a disk image emulator download one, both PowerISO or Daemon Tools should do (all three install links are from download.com). All pictures will be using PowerISO.

3) Now that both WinRAR and an emulator software are installed, you can begin the install process. Open the folder that you have saved the files, right click on the file welsa36in.r00 and "Extract Here". Now do this same extraction with welsa36au.rar.

4) While the second set of files are being extracted, you can begin installing the CD. Right click on the first file that you extracted (welsa36in.bin) and "Open with" your emulator program. Find the file labeled setup.exe, and double click.

5) CD Install:
    Click 'OK' to extract all files to a temporary folder. Once that is complete, follow the install instructions. At the second step you will need to input a serial number. This can be found in the 'install.txt' file in the 'crack' directory.

Once the number is pasted into the cell you will be asked if that is correct...it is. Now you will need to choose some options. I do not know what exactly they mean but the combination shown of:
    "Repair Operations List + Service Package Quotation System + Editing system" and "Apos" does work. Now finish the install by choosing where you want things installed.

6) DVD Install:
    At the end of the CD Install, you were told that the data cd must be installed. That will happen next. By now, the second extraction that you did should be complete. You should now open the extracted file, welsa36au.iso with your emulator software. Once it is open you should run 'setup.exe'. Once this file is extracted and installed, your program should be ready to run.

7) Program operation:
    When you open the file "ElsaWin", it will ask you to login. admin/admin should do. You can also create multiple logins if you want using the "ElsaWin Administration" file. Hit "OK" on the Note that pops up. Even though you installed the file with the English settings it will still be in German. By clicking the fourth menu option and then the second in the list you can change your settings (I've already changed mine to English...).

8) The rest of the program should be pretty straight forward, but if you need some more help watch this video.

Any comments or suggestions just let me know.
    Last edited by clemsongt; 04-25-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Disclaimer: In no way shape or form is the comment above representative of an automotive expert. It is merely the understanding and/or opinion of an automotive enthusiast, and as such, the knowledge he/she possesses may or may not actually be the truth.

Senior Member Three Rings wayneB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T

Re: ElsaWin Service Manual

Quote Originally Posted by clemsongt View Post
    After reading several threads about this and seeing many people with questions (myself included) I decided to try and write a more thorough write up.
    Any comments or suggestions just let me know.
    Looks like a very good write up -- thanks.

All that I would suggest is a bit about how to install this on a Vista machine.
    Best Regards,
    Wayne | Houston, TX | 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T FrontTrak CVT in Brilliant Red, Premium & Lighting Packages
    Stock+APR 93, Forge DV, S4 20mm rear stabilizer bar, K&N panel filter

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wayneB7 View Post
    Looks like a very good write up -- thanks.

All that I would suggest is a bit about how to install this on a Vista machine.
    That probably would be useful. Unfortunately, I don't have Vista, so I can't exactly include it. I think the files should be compatible, it just would appear a little different during the installation.

If someone wants to check for compatibility between my write up and Vista, and if there are issues write up how to do it in Vista, they are more than welcome...
    Disclaimer: In no way shape or form is the comment above representative of an automotive expert. It is merely the understanding and/or opinion of an automotive enthusiast, and as such, the knowledge he/she possesses may or may not actually be the truth.

Veteran Member Three Rings golfvdude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Audi A4 2.0T

Freakin awesome! Should be a sticky.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T

That probably would be useful. Unfortunately, I don't have Vista, so I can't exactly include it. I think the files should be compatible, it just would appear a little different during the installation.

If someone wants to check for compatibility between my write up and Vista, and if there are issues write up how to do it in Vista, they are more than welcome...
    Apparently from all I have seen, Elsawin is old technology that is not Vista compatible. There is some talk of an updated version but I am not sure.
    Best Regards,
    Wayne | Houston, TX | 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T FrontTrak CVT in Brilliant Red, Premium & Lighting Packages

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Elsawin does not work on Vista.... I have tried to use Elsawin a couple of months ago. I can do the install but the program doesn't work.

Great writeup though!

Veteran Member Four Rings dblock110's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i have elsawin (bentley manual) on vista wat u guys talking about

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 A4 black S-line Ti 6SP

As far as installation on Vista, the only potential difference would likely be with step 4 and 6. Instead of just double-clicking setup.exe, right click the file and click "Run As Administrator." (And continue through and warnings.)

You may also want to use this technique when launching the program itself (rather than just double-clicking the shortcut.)

After installation, if you still have problems, you can right click the shortcut and go to properties. There will be a "Compatibility Mode" hidden in one of the tabs there that you can set the computer to emulate a Windows XP environment. It's not perfect, but it will get most standard programs to work.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 Street Triple R

I got this installed on Vista,

But whenever I open the ElsaWin app I get multiple "failed to load...("RedPass, InfoPass, InfoSNK, InfoHS2, InfoWT, InfoSLP, InfoWWW, InfoAU, InfoRL, InfoKi2, InfoIGG, InfoSAZ")" errors. Then When I clear those, I get the last screen from above, but then when I click on any item I get a new error "Failed to create empty document"

Any Ideas?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4 3.2QMT S-Line MoroBlue

bump

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hey B7er, did you get my PM?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I finished downloading it earlier today. I don't have a Vista system around, but I'll throw it on Windows 7 and see what happens.

AZ Member #

But whenever I open the ElsaWin app I get multiple "failed to load...("RedPass, InfoPass, InfoSNK, InfoHS2, InfoWT, InfoSLP, InfoWWW, InfoAU, InfoRL, InfoKi2, InfoIGG, InfoSAZ")" errors. Then When I clear those, I get the last screen from above, but then when I click on any item I get a new error "Failed to create empty document"

Any Ideas?
    That's the same problem I had.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4 3.2QMT S-Line MoroBlue

Hey B7er, did you get my PM?
    sent you another PM. Thanks for the help thus far!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 Street Triple R

Quote Originally Posted by David2739 View Post
    That's the same problem I had.

At least I'm not the only one...

I'm assuming you weren't able to get around this?

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be for David and me?

Senior Member Three Rings A4RingPimp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    DG '06 A4/ '08 Land Rover LR2

I can't get english to work. It's in German even though I chose English and American English to be installed. I even reinstalled.
    When I go to choose another language, English is not listed. Only Duetschland.
    Have you ever seen the movie...
    The Secret?
    This guy is amazing!
    Six Minutes Can Change Your Life! Find Out How.
    http://store.sixminutestosuccess.com/?aid=590822

AZ Member #
    My Garage

If I remember correctly, it asks about language during the install, twice. At first it asks what language to install, and then in the second or third step it gives a check list of languages that you want to install.

Does that sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by A4RingPimp View Post
    I can't get english to work. It's in German even though I chose English and American English to be installed. I even reinstalled.
    When I go to choose another language, English is not listed. Only Duetschland.
    And to the people with Vista problems, I'm sorry that I can't help you. I don't have it, or much experience with it. The only thing that seems feasible is that you would need to run the .exe as if it were in XP. Try right clicking on the actual .exe (mine is locaated in C:\ElsaWin\bin\ElsaWin.exe) and "Run as" or something?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T

And to the people with Vista problems, I'm sorry that I can't help you. I don't have it, or much experience with it. The only thing that seems feasible is that you would need to run the .exe as if it were in XP. Try right clicking on the actual .exe (mine is locaated in C:\ElsaWin\bin\ElsaWin.exe) and "Run as" or something?
    The install itself does not progress very far before it crashes saying something like it cannot be installed on the machine. At least that is what the one I bought on eBay said.

I installed it on my office laptop (XP Pro) -- what a back-asswards POS install! But at least it works.
    Best Regards,

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acray View Post
    1: As far as installation on Vista, the only potential difference would likely be with step 4 and 6. Instead of just double-clicking setup.exe, right click the file and click "Run As Administrator." (And continue through and warnings.)

2: You may also want to use this technique when launching the program itself (rather than just double-clicking the shortcut.)

3: After installation, if you still have problems, you can right click the shortcut and go to properties. There will be a "Compatibility Mode" hidden in one of the tabs there that you can set the computer to emulate a Windows XP environment. It's not perfect, but it will get most standard programs to work.
    Did any of you having problems in Vista try this? I've you've already installed the program you can start out with tip 2, and see what happens, but you'll likely need to uninstall the program, restart, and then start from 1:

Senior Member Two Rings prospero's Avatar
    AZ Member #

how do you find out your transmission code?
    current // 06 a4 2.0t quattro 6sp | brilliant black | dtm rear lip | euro cupra front lip | K&N | greddy tt | hoen xenonmatch fogs | vag'd' | 30% tint
    soon // unitronic stage 1 | rs4 rear sway | oem rev 'D' dv | awe vent boost gauge

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

1. man that's an ugly program
    2. booooo no mac support
    3. thx i'll d/l it soon!
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab SR5

SOLD 10/2011
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0TQ Tip in Quartz Grey
    APR Stg 1; RS4 Rear Sway; 034 Turbo Inlet Pipe; 35% tint; 640 SWITCH mod; GROM-I2-VAGD + Proclip

Apostrophes: how to use them Baby Jesus cries when you misuse apostrophes.

Senior Member Three Rings A4RingPimp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    DG '06 A4/ '08 Land Rover LR2

[QUOTE=clemsongt;3676073]If I remember correctly, it asks about language during the install, twice. At first it asks what language to install, and then in the second or third step it gives a check list of languages that you want to install.

Does that sound familiar?

Yes, that is very familiar. I made sure to have english and american english checked when I reinstalled. I am on Vista as well. I don't have the other issues people are having. Just that there is no english on the list when I go to change it. After I reinstalled, Duetschland is listed 3 times now on the list. No english.
    Have you ever seen the movie...
    The Secret?
    This guy is amazing!
    Six Minutes Can Change Your Life! Find Out How.
    http://store.sixminutestosuccess.com/?aid=590822

Established Member Two Rings Jerzyboy973's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    00 A6 2.8 / 04YamaR1 & 07R6

subscribed

Senior Member Three Rings daveman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by prospero View Post
    how do you find out your transmission code?
    Not sure if there's an easier way but all that info is on a sticker in the spare wheel compartment of the trunk

Established Member Two Rings LittleDevil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 S5| Manual|Meteor|Magma|C
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by joseb View Post

Any Ideas?
    The same problem here.

Any solution?

Thanks

AZ Member #

ill be making a new tutorial for this today or tomorrow .

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by dblock110 View Post
    ill be making a new tutorial for this today or tomorrow .
    Would the instructions be similar / same for Windows 7?
    Best Regards,

AZ Member #

i have windows 7, so yes

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by dblock110 View Post
    i have windows 7, so yes
    Looking forward to the tutorial, then. So far I have had zero joy with Elsawin.
    Best Regards,

Established Member Two Rings sideways's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    "failed to load...("RedPass, InfoPass, InfoSNK, InfoHS2, InfoWT, InfoSLP, InfoWWW, InfoAU, InfoRL, InfoKi2, InfoIGG, InfoSAZ")" errors

The same problem here.

Any solution?

Thanks
    Right click and Run as admin and you will be all set.

Established Member Two Rings sirminder's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Files on netfolder no longer available. Can anyone re-post them?

Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings Sanjman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing else special

So are all of you guys admitting on a public forum that you are using pirated software? Yikes....c

Senior Member Three Rings 4ty-phive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjman View Post
    So are all of you guys admitting on a public forum that you are using pirated software? Yikes....c
    I'm surprised the admins haven't said anything

AZ Member #

I have a 2008 Audi A4, What Engine / Transmission should I select under Vehicle Identification ?

I see options like ALT ALZ ASB AUK...

And for Transmission EYQ ..EVE

None of this makes sense to me :(

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo99 View Post
    I have a 2008 Audi A4, What Engine / Transmission should I select under Vehicle Identification ?

I see options like ALT ALZ ASB AUK...

And for Transmission EYQ ..EVE

None of this makes sense to me :(
    Just look on the sticker of your service book. The sticker has all the info you need

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jeep Cherokee, S10

i used the sticker by the spare tire for all the info.

Established Member Two Rings cebo0650's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm running Windows 7 and also can't change the language.
    '06 A6 C6 Avant, Technology, Premium and Cold Weather packages, 18"s, Power Tailgate

AZ Member #
    My Garage

You could try opening ELSAWin administrator and creating a new account with english as the chosen language.

There is also ELSAWin 3.7 out there. You would need to have 3.6 first and then upgrade to 3.7.

AZ Member #

Thanks, I tried that and it worked like a charm!
    '06 A6 C6 Avant, Technology, Premium and Cold Weather packages, 18"s, Power Tailgate

AZ Member #

Where would I find the transmission code on a 2006 A6 Avant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast