Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Active Member Two Rings vasyok8585's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thumbs up Warranty extension letter for turbocharger

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just received letter from Audi extending the warranty on the 2009 thru 2012 A4 2.0tfsi turbocharger to 7 years / 70,000 miles.

Established Member Two Rings Angelorantesnyp's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Same here...

Sent from my iPhone/ANYPD.
    Manhattan NY

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 2.0t Premium Plus; 2006 Suzuki SV650

I wonder why... have there been reliability issues with the turbo? I've not heard of any.
    '11 S-Line A4 Avant
    '98.5 A4 2.8Q sedan retired after 14 years of service

Senior Member Four Rings oascom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

good to know
    APR, Eurocode, AWE, P3, aFe , CTS, Spulen, H&R, 034Motorsport, STaSIS

Veteran Member Four Rings name.goes.here's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good to know; thank you for sharing this information.
    His: 2015 Audi A6/Quattro/Glacier White/Premium Plus/Bose/Cold Weather Package/Sport Package
    Hers: 2016 Infiniti QX50/AWD/Majestic White/Premium Plus Package

Established Member Two Rings oldred's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda CRV (The Bus)

Same here.... Have to wait on the tune.
    2011 A4 Quartz Gray / Premium Plus / Stasis touring springs/bar / Alu Kreuz / VMR 701 / LLumar Tint 35% / Clear Bra / Leather wallet

Senior Member Three Rings B8Phil's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wish they'd issue one for oil consumption or carbon buildup on valves... I haven't had any issues with my turbo, and have heard of no issues from anyone else on the board. Either way, I'm chipped with a full exhaust, so I wouldn't be covered.

APR Stage II • SPM street downpipe • Remus dual exhaust • S4 shocks & rear sway • Eibach Pro-Kit • 19x9 OEM S5 Peelers • 245/35R19 Nexen N7000 • Eurocode HFIP • Eurocode inlet hose • aFe Pro Dry S

Veteran Member Three Rings a2 4.0t's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jimmy Hoffa
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dscline View Post
    I wonder why... have there been reliability issues with the turbo? I've not heard of any.
    My wastegate flapper is on its way out, I'm guessing that may be part of the issue.
    2012 A4 s-line

|Carbonio intake | APR quad outlet exhaust with tons of RSC technology | AWE downpipe | s4 rear valence | Vogtland coil overs | Rotiform BLQ's | stage 3+ Chinese turbo whistle |

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got my letter today also. Although I haven't had any issues with the turbo, only thing I've ever had the is oil consumption fix done which took care of most of that problem. Are the two related and is there a problem with our turbochargers?
    2011 A4 Avant S-line, Alcantara seats & all black interior, Quattro w/Tiptronic

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Probably not all B8 A4 owners are going to get one, but i for sure would like to receive a letter in the mail. lol

Established Member Two Rings heffer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I was absolutely thrilled when I got the letter today! Not only did they extend the warranty but they are reimbursing if you have spent to get it fixed. I paid to get my wastegate replaced and it didn't fix my issue. I've been saving money to buy a new turbo. Can't wait to take my car in to get it fixed for free! I'm sure the wastegate flapper mod guys will be excited as well!
    2009 A4 Quattro 2.0T Stock
    1999 1.8t/APR Stage 1/Supersprint Exhaust/APR R1 SOLD

Veteran Member Four Rings Calbee's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

wow.. i am in canada so probably won't have this lol my wastegate is on the way out and i ran out of warranty months ago. i am about to get a big turbo
    Modifications: Parents ran out of money so they bought me tires that were way too small for my wheels.

PART-OUT THREAD: CLICK HERE

http://instagram.com/crisostomoz : most up to date upgrades to the car, as well as random things.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

got one also.

Senior Member Three Rings B8Phil's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looking for my turbo crap out so I have an excuse to go K04... Warranty will work against me, will be hiding from the wife :)

APR Stage II • SPM street downpipe • Remus dual exhaust • S4 shocks & rear sway • Eibach Pro-Kit • 19x9 OEM S5 Peelers • 245/35R19 Nexen N7000 • Eurocode HFIP • Eurocode inlet hose • aFe Pro Dry S

Senior Member Three Rings Ryan_qttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 2.7T Allroad

We change quite a few B8 turbos at our dealer.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Good to know, thanks for sharing the information

AZ Member #

I think my P0299 code w/ CEL might be caused by some play in my turbo's compressor wheel. I've been experiencing more lag than usual in the lower RPMs, but up top the car seems to be spooling normally. I'm dropping my car off for its 75k mile service in the morning, and they know to investigate... I'm afraid they'll blame the code on the CTS intercooler that's installed, but who knows.

Fingers crossed I get a new turbo!
    PREVIOUS:
    1991 Audi 200TQ Avant
    2001 Audi S4 Avant
    2009 Audi A4 Avant (click)
    2014 Audi allroad

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by B8Phil View Post
    Looking for my turbo crap out so I have an excuse to go K04... Warranty will work against me, will be hiding from the wife :)
    2nd that

AZ Member #

I love in the letter where they say if you have a tune your screwed. But on the other hand they are admitting they have bad part in the turbo by issuing the extended warranty. I'm tuned but wife drives the car like a granny if turbo goes there is no way the tune caused it on my car but I guess who cares I would just throw on a ko4.
    2005 1/2 imola S4 gone
    2004 mini s gone
    2007 gti gone
    2008 mini s gone
    2011 jeep grand garage
    2011 ibis avant garage
    2012 iced silver tts garage

Veteran Member Three Rings BarEaterB8's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 B8 A4 - 1985 Porsche 911 - 2016 BMW M2
    Items for Sale

YUP, I got mine too.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

People who have gotten the letter, what is your build date and model year?
    2012 S4 ~ Phantom Black - Mustang Brown - B&O - Sport Diff - DSG
    AWE Touring Exhaust | Roc Euro Intake | Eurocode Alu-Kruez | Eurocode USS Swaybars & Solid End Links
    Canada: the land of Quattro

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

2011 model, purchased in fall 2010.
    2011 A4 Avant S-line, Alcantara seats & all black interior, Quattro w/Tiptronic

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus gs430, 95 Supra(sadly sold), 03 M5(sold)

hmm... I didn't get a letter. Could it be because they replace mine a year and a half ago under warranty?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Never mind. Got my letter today as well. Read thru it and it say exhaust system void the warranty. I call my SA and ask about the exhaust and he confirmed it. Guess I'll be keeping my stock exhaust incase I need to swap out unless I decide to go K04 before it crap out again.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Mine is a 2009. I don't think legally they can deny the warranty for aftermarket exhaust cause it didn't cause the issue. I'll have to look at my letter again. I remember it saying the tune voids it.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by heffer View Post
    Mine is a 2009. I don't think legally they can deny the warranty for aftermarket exhaust cause it didn't cause the issue. I'll have to look at my letter again. I remember it saying the tune voids it.
    While to us it's obviously not the cause, but they can justifiably reason that the decrease in back-pressure from a more open exhaust set-up could theoretically cause increase in wear on the hotside impeller.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by adamazing View Post
    While to us it's obviously not the cause, but they can justifiably reason that the decrease in back-pressure from a more open exhaust set-up could theoretically cause increase in wear on the hotside impeller.
    I'm mainly referring to this. http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq/question20.asp based on what i read when i get home i may go back to stock.

Senior Member Four Rings r6_11b8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by heffer View Post
    I'm mainly referring to this. http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq/question20.asp based on what i read when i get home i may go back to stock.

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty.

straight from your post lol depending on your dealer they will try their hardest to blame the problem on your exhaust..dont be surprised if you have to put up a fight with that
    2011 A4 ice silver metallic

MODS- 25% tint rear, 75% front, 19" Rotiform BLQ, Solo Werkes coilovers, Custom FXR projectors
    upcoming mods - 10 inch sub

2009 Yamaha R6 - Shogun FS-Zero Gravity-Custom FE-Hot Bodies Flush Mounts-MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light-Supersprox -1+2-Taylormade Full Exhaust-PCV-OURY Grips-Corbin Seat-Ebay Shorty Levers

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by adamazing View Post
    Really curious about this, how would a decrease in back pressure cause increased wear on the hot-side impeller? I can see it increasing wear on the waste gate. From my understanding, the decreased backpressure would allow the hot-side impeller to spin faster, causing over-boost. To prevent the over-boost, the ecu compensates with the waste gate.
    2012 S4 ~ Phantom Black - Mustang Brown - B&O - Sport Diff - DSG
    AWE Touring Exhaust | Roc Euro Intake | Eurocode Alu-Kruez | Eurocode USS Swaybars & Solid End Links
    Canada: the land of Quattro

Veteran Member Four Rings AWDLover's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got my letter today. Kinda hoping my turbo fails before 70000 miles
    2010 A4 Quartz Grey (click) | APR | Eurocode | GFB | 034 Motorsports | Eibach | H&R | VMR | P3Cars | aFe

Senior Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by amz View Post
    Really curious about this, how would a decrease in back pressure cause increased wear on the hot-side impeller? I can see it increasing wear on the waste gate. From my understanding, the decreased backpressure would allow the hot-side impeller to spin faster, causing over-boost. To prevent the over-boost, the ecu compensates with the waste gate.
    Oh, I'm not saying it would, but I was pointing out that it's a possible daisy-chain-in-affects that they could try to justify a warranty denial over.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #

My dealer just called and confirmed that I have a faulty turbo due to the wastegate flapper, and temporarily denied its replacement because my car has an APR tune. Apparently the AudiTechLine suggested that I revert my ECU back to stock so that the turbo can be replaced under warranty. I'm pretty sure/hope that Audi Boulder just saved my ass from being flagged TD1.
    PREVIOUS:
    1991 Audi 200TQ Avant
    2001 Audi S4 Avant
    2009 Audi A4 Avant (click)
    2014 Audi allroad

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vasyok8585 View Post
    Just received letter from Audi extending the warranty on the 2009 thru 2012 A4 2.0tfsi turbocharger to 7 years / 70,000 miles.
    I just received mine too... has there been issues with the wastegate? I have a 2011 Premium Plus w/ Quattro.
    2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus

Veteran Member Four Rings bluetori's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    T3 Touareg, RR7

Are we all to get this and the warranty letter is it to make you get your turbo replaced? I have an 09 with no word yet. Oh and I'm over 70k but am a CPO car.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I called a couple dealers in my area and the didn't think the aftermarket exhausts would be a problem. Guess we will see Friday!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

They basically said anything after the cat should be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xrayeyes1502 View Post
    I just received mine too... has there been issues with the wastegate? I have a 2011 Premium Plus w/ Quattro.
    Terrible design on the waste gate flap. If you search most 09-10 MY flap become loose and get the under boost code.

Veteran Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

My 2010 had the under-boost code trip (once) and Audi happened to check while they were doing my Oil Consumption fix. They replaced the turbo and did the Oil work all at the same time and all under warranty.
    2017 Q5 - Premium Plus 2.0 - Lava Grey
    (departed) 2010 A4 - Premium - Ibis White
    (departed) 2004 A4 - Ocean Blue Pearl

Senior Member Two Rings Jmstrag's Avatar
    AZ Member #

so do they replace the turbo with an improved wastegate flap? or do they just replace it with the same turbo?

hoping canada gets this extention too.....although this might push my tune plans back a bit now :(

AZ Member #
    My Garage

It supposedly an updated one. When they replace mine 1.5 yrs ago it had the part # listed for the 2012 MY. Only difference I saw was they put a clip on the rod to keep if from rattling. I hoping mine go out again just to see if there are any improvement from the 2012 version. I guessing it will be since the 2012 MY is on the extended list.

BTW my waste gate crap out at 21k miles so far the 2nd turbo is going on 13k now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast