The engine had jumped timing and bent the valves. Here are some pictures.
2009 Audi A4 2.0T Build List
Goal: 500 AWHP/500AWTQ reliable daily driver.
Stage 1 - Initial Repair and Basic Tune
- Cylinder head w/ valves, springs and cams and rockers from wrecked A4 with 30k - $1200
- Repair/Replace OEM Pistons?
- APR Stage 1 ECU - $600 (+70hp/+70tq)
Stage 2 - Upgraded AWD Conversion
- Audi S4 B8 Driveshaft - $800
- Audi S4 Rear Axles - $300
- Audi S4 Rear Differential - $800
- Audi A4 Rear Subframe + Misc Mounts/Brackets - $200
- Audi A4 Quattro Transmission - $700
- Transmission Torque Converter Upgrade - $250
- Audi A4 Quattro Fuel Tank - $250
- ARP Stage 2 Exhaust - $1600 (free Stage 2 ECU Upgrade)
Stage 3 - Brakes & Suspension
- Drilled & Slotted Front/Rear Rotors - $300
- HAWK HP Brake Pads - $200
- H&R Coilovers - $1400
Stage 4 - Engine Build
- Ferrea Competition Valves - $450
- Ferrea Valve Springs - $300
- Ferrea Spring Seat Locators - $100
- JE Forged Pistons - $600
- ARP Forged Connecting Rods - $300
- JE JG1004 3346 Piston Rings - $100
- Mahle Connecting Rod Bearings - $30
Stage 5 - Turbo Build
- Still Researching...but most likely a K04 turbo with custom turbine for smooth and reliable power.
Stage 1 Parts have been ordered and are trickling in.
Thanks to EuroTech RTP in Raleigh for letting us use their shop space.