Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings hiwords1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

New license plate LEDs

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    hey guys I just wanted to share this with you guys. these are new license plate housings i got from krautoled.com. i was skeptical at first but i can't say how satisfied i am with. i live in the south so you never know what kind of critters are on the ground when you walk to your car at night but these light up the rear bumper area very well. i know some of you will say they are way too bright but i like them and i haven't had any complaints from police.

the best part is i have no error codes and there are no flickering of any kind whether the car is on, off, in ACC mode (engine off but car electronics on).

here's a couple of pix to show them. i don't need to explain which one is the new light lol. the other one is also from krautoled.com, in case anybody is wondering, but it's just a bulb.

Present: 2010 Audi A4 2.0TQ Tip. Mods: APR chip, clear bra side mirrors and headlights, krautoparts.com interior/lic plate LEDs, and VAG COM mods

Past: 2001 Audi A4 2.8QM. Mods: H&R race springs, CC mod, tinted tails, RS4 mirrors, ST chip, and VAG COM mods. Traded in
    2002 Honda Civic EX auto. Totaled

Senior Member Three Rings doowopaudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1950 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe
    Items for Sale

Which one's are they exactly? How much did they cost? There are people on here I'm sure who would benefit from these if the prices are better than those that I bought from HIDconcept. If they perform the same, then why pay more?
    ::2010 A4 Premium Plus Quattro::6SMT::Meteor Gray Pearl Effect::35% 3M tint all around::Vag mods::debadged::RS4 replica grille with matching honeycomb fog grilles (ebay seller: louiellp)::LED interior lights and lic. plate lights::ST Coilovers::19x9 et33 OEM A5 S-Line Peelers::245/35/19 Hankook Ventus V12::Yakima Whispbar w/LoadWarrior cargo basket(removed)::Audi Logo Puddle Ghost Lights::
    Former: 2008 A4 S-line::2007 Mazdaspeed3::1991 VW Cabriolet (All stick shift)

AZ Member #

these are the ones i got http://www.krautoled.com/products/au...plate-housings

they are not just bulbs, they are LEDs built into a housing
    Present: 2010 Audi A4 2.0TQ Tip. Mods: APR chip, clear bra side mirrors and headlights, krautoparts.com interior/lic plate LEDs, and VAG COM mods

Past: 2001 Audi A4 2.8QM. Mods: H&R race springs, CC mod, tinted tails, RS4 mirrors, ST chip, and VAG COM mods. Traded in

Senior Member Four Rings dracolnyte's Avatar
    AZ Member #

lol blocked licence in the second pic but not the first?
    2010 A4 quattro, Tiptronic, Ibis White

Established Member Three Rings AudiKerl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by dracolnyte View Post
    lol blocked licence in the second pic but not the first?
    Lol I noticed that too. I thought he bought the car from New York, since he mention he lived in the south. But it say he lives in New York. I don't consider New York the south.

The LEDs look good though.
    Mods: Cool Audizine license plate frame.

Instagram: Audikerl

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

I prefer the HIDconcept lights because it's just the lights without the housing. Do you know if krauto sells the error cancelling lights without the housing?

Edit: Nevermind. They do. Wish I had known about Krauto before going with HIDConcept for the license plate LEDs and USP Motorsport for the interior kit.
    ::2010 A4 Premium Plus Quattro::6SMT::Meteor Gray Pearl Effect::35% 3M tint all around::Vag mods::debadged::RS4 replica grille with matching honeycomb fog grilles (ebay seller: louiellp)::LED interior lights and lic. plate lights::ST Coilovers::19x9 et33 OEM A5 S-Line Peelers::245/35/19 Hankook Ventus V12::Yakima Whispbar w/LoadWarrior cargo basket(removed)::Audi Logo Puddle Ghost Lights::

AZ Member #

yeah the NY tags are no longer valid so i didn't care haha.

these are their bulbs that i was running before http://www.krautoled.com/products/36...led-bulbs-pair

Senior Member Three Rings schnellboy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E10 2002tii

Same as the ones I got from ECS (Ziza) except no "cancellers" needed. Just as bright IMO for same price. Looks good

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hiwords1 View Post
    these are the ones i got http://www.krautoled.com/products/au...plate-housings

they are not just bulbs, they are LEDs built into a housing
    These are very similar (if not identical) to the ones that I got from USP for a little bit more. They worked great and were super bright. KrautoLED wasn't selling them at the time, but I would have bought them from Emil to support a fellow AZ member.

Established Member Two Rings raha_ang's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think the standard ones are too bright as it is, thinking of ways to darken them abit, maybe some black electrical tape :D
    I'm new around here, please be gentle

Black 2010 A4 S-Line Quattro 2.0T

Senior Member Three Rings schnellboy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E10 2002tii

Quote Originally Posted by raha_ang View Post
    I think the standard ones are too bright as it is, thinking of ways to darken them abit, maybe some black electrical tape :D
    Here we are trying to get that bright "high end" look of LED's and some are trying to go dimmer. I have a set of 3w bulbs with corosion on the ends you can have

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the same housings for sale for $25 if anyone wants to save a few bucks. Got rid of my B8 and bought them from Emil as well.
    2010 BMW 335i FBO
    2013 Audi A6 APR Stage II, Pulley, JMS Lip Kit, Muffler Delete
    2012 Mercedes Benz GL550 Mommy Mobile

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I purchased mine for $1.83 each on Ebay, shipping included. They work fine and no errors.

AZ Member #

Solo did you buy housings with bulbs built into them or just bulbs? the left bulb in the first pic is with just an LED bulb

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Just bulbs, see item 190827181381 on Ebay.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have to say.. Many of these LED lamps are way to bright for my taste..
    Bright lighs under the doors and inside the car, fine.. but not for lisence plate in my opinion.

I quickly changed the "eBay China" LED`s on the left, to OEM LED`s on the right. (4G0 943 021)

Last edited by Offpist; 06-19-2013 at 12:56 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by schnellboy View Post
    Here we are trying to get that bright "high end" look of LED's and some are trying to go dimmer. I have a set of 3w bulbs with corosion on the ends you can have
    Sounds good! Ill PM you my address

I just checked and they aren't standard ones after all, they are LED so the previous owner must have changed them.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluetori's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    an estate and Q7, RR7 race bike

Quote Originally Posted by Offpist View Post
    Bright lighs under the doors and inside the car, fine.. but not for lisence plate in my opinion.

I quickly changed the "eBay China" LED`s on the left, to OEM LED`s on the right. (4G0 943 021)

Do all I need is the part number and it plugs into factory?
    Oh and I agree some are too bright.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Offpist View Post

You got a link to the OEM LED's?
    The ones I have on my car now are like spot lights...

AZ Member #

Then you will like this better ;)
    I got mine HERE.
    It comes with the cable you need.

AZ Member #

The OEM LEDs have the correct housing to directing LED lights. They are standard on face lift models here in the US so you should be able to source the parts from any dealer or vendor that sells OEM parts.
    The Nice Car:
    2013 Ibis White Audi A4 quattro 2.0T - Have HEX+CAN VCDS, PM Me

The Hoopty Beater: SOLD
    1987 Alpine White Audi 4000cs quattro "special build"

Veteran Member Four Rings hender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 2.0T

open the housing up and turn the bulb on a 45 inwards, towards the trunk. solved my issue of the massive tail of light.
    sweet multi-spoke stock 17"s | 20% tint | crackfiller | few scratches where I closed the garage door on the bumper | 4x4 ride height | matte black hood | di-noc CF interior trim | plasti-dipped parts | pirated vag-com | 50lbs of sound equipment | couple of small stone chips on the hood | APR stg 1 | RS-Mesh Grille

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by S0l0 View Post
    Just bulbs, see item 190827181381 on Ebay.

Wish I heard about these before I paid 12x more for the HID concept ones.

AZ Member #

if you aren't going for the super bright look then just LEDs would be perfect IMO. i posted a link on those in one of my previous posts on this thread.