Replaced the vent motor today. It was pretty straightforward. The glove box came off easily enough, but it took some effort to get my ratchet to get the screws off the vent motor since the area for the back screw was tight. On the whole, it's really simple. I tested everything after replacing the motor and the vent flaps opened and closed as, I imagine, they should. I took it for a 15 minute drive and I had consistent heat. I'll monitor for the next week to make sure everything continues to work.
On the downside, I broke what was lift of the plastic hinge on the glove box while examining it and now the right end of the glove box hangs when I open it. I'll have to stop by a shop and pick up a small hinge that I can drill into the glove box.
Pics of my fixed hinge and a better way to fix the glove box than what I, unfortunately, did: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...34#post7138334