Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Gonna need to get a wheel alignment once the new wheels arrive. Just wondering what you guys pay for wheel alignments. Already been quoted by a few places but i want to make sure i don't over pay. Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings gq9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07 2006
    AZ Member #
    13191
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8t
    Location
    New York

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    What have you been quoted. I need one soon too, I'm in NY.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by gq9 View Post
    What have you been quoted. I need one soon too, I'm in NY.
    a little bit more than $100... sound about right?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings savetheclutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2006
    AZ Member #
    12183
    My Garage
    ducatis and a miata
    Location
    Fort Lee, NJ
    Items for Sale

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    that sound about right, where are you getting it done?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by andresito360 View Post
    that sound about right, where are you getting it done?
    Eurotire.. seems like they have a lot of good reviews.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings 2PUTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2005
    AZ Member #
    8715
    Location
    UBIQUITOUS

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    i try not to get my car aligned with my nice wheels. i get it done with the stock wheels since most of the tools used require mounting hardware on the wheels which could nick/scratch the expensive wheels.

    i paid $140 for lifetime alignments at the Firestone shop. it is valid at all locations. you break even after 2 alignments.
    ===================
    2009 Audi Q7 TDI
    2001 Audi S4 Avant
    CHALLENGE MW
    AWE | AWE | AWE

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
    i try not to get my car aligned with my nice wheels. i get it done with the stock wheels since most of the tools used require mounting hardware on the wheels which could nick/scratch the expensive wheels.

    i paid $140 for lifetime alignments at the Firestone shop. it is valid at all locations. you break even after 2 alignments.
    Hmm i'll have to check on that then. Would doing the alignment on 17s and then switching to 19s be ok?

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Four Rings savetheclutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01 2006
    AZ Member #
    12183
    My Garage
    ducatis and a miata
    Location
    Fort Lee, NJ
    Items for Sale

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    the problem is that most shops will not align lower cars :(
    I have heard very good reviews of a place in river street in hackensack called Hackensack Spring & Alignment

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by andresito360 View Post
    the problem is that most shops will not align lower cars :(
    I have heard very good reviews of a place in river street in hackensack called Hackensack Spring & Alignment
    That's not a problem for me.. i'm still on stock suspension.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings gq9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07 2006
    AZ Member #
    13191
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8t
    Location
    New York

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokio View Post
    That's not a problem for me.. i'm still on stock suspension.
    I was afraid of that. That's a problem for me, I'm sitting on the fender wells on coilovers.

    Question. I have stock 15"s on my car right this moment. The rear tires are balding, the alignment and such must be fucked...they are brand new tires. I am going to be purchasing new 18"s very soon, and obviously 4 new tires. Like you said, the tools used and such, I don't want my wheels getting fucked up just to get them aligned. If I get the car aligned with the 15"s and then mount the 18"s will there be any problems?

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings 2PUTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2005
    AZ Member #
    8715
    Location
    UBIQUITOUS

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokio View Post
    Hmm i'll have to check on that then. Would doing the alignment on 17s and then switching to 19s be ok?
    should be fine.
    ===================
    2009 Audi Q7 TDI
    2001 Audi S4 Avant
    CHALLENGE MW
    AWE | AWE | AWE

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
    should be fine.
    Ok thanks!

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Four Rings lookaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2007
    AZ Member #
    17432
    My Garage
    Aprilia SXV 550, BMW F800GS, Honda CRF450R, Toyota Tundra
    Location
    Casper, Wyoming

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by gq9 View Post
    I was afraid of that. That's a problem for me, I'm sitting on the fender wells on coilovers.

    Question. I have stock 15"s on my car right this moment. The rear tires are balding, the alignment and such must be fucked...they are brand new tires. I am going to be purchasing new 18"s very soon, and obviously 4 new tires. Like you said, the tools used and such, I don't want my wheels getting fucked up just to get them aligned. If I get the car aligned with the 15"s and then mount the 18"s will there be any problems?
    In my experience an alignment at a good indie shop specializing in euro cars was always in the ballpark of $100 or a little more. Your car should be able to be aligned regardless of the suspension, they make adjustment kits for that. At least they should get the castor and toe. Toe is what murders tires.

    Get a recommendation for a good indie euro shop and talk to the mechanic, they can sort you out. It also helps to build a relationship with the mechanic for future work that may be out of your league.

    Whatever you do just do not ever, ever take the car to a dealer. Dealers aren't called Stealorships without reason, they totally rip people off. A local VW dealer tried to charge my gf an hour of labor to replace a side indicator. I calmly assured service head who insisted it was reasonable that he was an ass, then proceeded to replace the marker in under 30 seconds in the darkness of a parking lot in 10 degree weather. It's terrible b/c the average person would have just said OK and paid $90 for 30 seconds of labor. UGH dealers just make me want to kill....
    Jon

    WTB 1.8t cylinder honing brush - PM me if you have one!

    go > show


    Ich liebe mein Audi!

    2002 GTRS Avant - Built with love, sweat, bloody knuckles, and pride.

  14. #14
    Account Terminated Four Rings Applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 10 2005
    AZ Member #
    7180
    Location
    nj

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Eurotire is the best.
    Hackensack is very good as well.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings gq9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07 2006
    AZ Member #
    13191
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8t
    Location
    New York

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Another question. I have stock 15"s... I am going to 18" wheels. I have KW coilovers. My car is presently slammed. Will I have a problem with ride height or rubbing with the 18"s.

  16. #16
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2007
    AZ Member #
    23344
    My Garage
    Motorcycles
    Location
    Pleasant Valley, NY

    Re: Wheel Alignment Pricing (NJ)??

    Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks View Post
    Eurotire is the best.
    absolutely, after working in shops, and taking work to Eurotire, i would NEVER take my personal vehicle anywhere else for wheel/alignment work.
    1993 Audi urS4 - MTM chip, Stebro Exhaust... trunk full of parts :)
    2003 Audi RS6 - 98k miles, For Sale

    RIP B5 S4 Avant - Thanks for saving my life!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2014 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.