Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 2,641 to 2,675 of 2675
    Established Member Two Rings jcun's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ask Detailer's Domain

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone have recommendations on an all in one polish? Was looking into sonax 04-06. To try to get rid of this marr.

See the lil circle in the photo

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jcun View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on an all in one polish? Was looking into sonax 04-06. To try to get rid of this marr.
    I only use Menzerna products for polishing. They have a great all in one. https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...-cut-gloss-wax
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

AZ Member #

Ask Detailer's Domain

Quote Originally Posted by drivenagain View Post
    I only use Menzerna products for polishing. They have a great all in one. https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...-cut-gloss-wax
    Cool I'll look into it. Which pad do you use for this? Will chemical guys orange pad work fine for brilliant black?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by jcun; 10-09-2016 at 08:01 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Saloon/Hyundia Van

Quote Originally Posted by jcun View Post
    Cool I'll look into it. Which pad do you use for this? Will chemical guys orange pad work fine for brilliant black?
    A little late to answer but I just saw this question. I would use a Green CG / Hexlogic pad for an AIO. Especially on Brilliant Black. Orange may/likely leave some hazing. I say maybe as it depends on the product and I've not used Mezerna's AIO. I use HD Speed with orange pads all day long but it's a spectacular product and finishes well. The other may finish well with an orange pad too but you'd have to test it out. Products are the #1 impactful point when it comes to detailing. Pads are next.

Quote Originally Posted by pandi View Post
    $3k out the door for new car paint correction, ceramic coating, xpel ultimate full front (hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors), coating on xpel, wheels and windshield --- thoughts on the price please.
    Pretty high IMO.

Install of PPF will vary by installer. I have a guy that does all mine and he's what I call fair in price. Charged me $800 for top of the line lifetime product on my Audi. Mine was all custom cut and edges wrapped around so only bikini cut on hood and fenders show the seams. Amazing work really. He came to me and did it in my garage too.

You can see the seems on the hood here

You can see it a bit on the fender here: In both cases though you see it far more easily in a photo than you do in person. I don't do the whole hood for cost reason and also looks. As clear as the coating is, it's never going to be a perfect mirror like I have my car polished out. I'd be more inclined to do it on light colors vs dark.

Here's what I have done:

• Entire front nose including lights
    • Bikini cut on 1/3 hood and front fenders
    • Roof - 8" of space between sunroof and windshield
    • A pillars
    • B pillars
    • Rocker panels all the way down the sides including the door blades
    • Inside kick panels of all four doors (anything painted inside door where S4 panel is located - top of blades and rocker panel area) Nice as it keeps heels and shoes from scratching it up.
    • Mirrors fully covered

Coating wise just like the PPF will depend on product and installer. Detail wise, I don't have overhead nor do it full time like some so I don't price mine like they do. What you will likely find though is between $700-$1200 which I would consider okay but not awesome only because I do it on my own. I do full 100% corrections and a good quality nano ceramic coating on S4's for $600. I just did one here locally for a fellow AZ Member even. Turned out amazing.

IMO don't overpay for the coating product itself unless you truly don't ever plan on detailing your car on your own as you will no doubt at some point need to re-polish the paint and that will remove the coating. I can go into more details here or via PM. The top of the line priceier coatings are more targeted at a weekend fun car like a Vette Vert that an owner may never take out in the rain or foul weather. Not a daily driver that is going to see regular washes or exposure to road film and elements.

Best thing to do is hit up some local cars and coffee and other related events and make contact as a referral to someone who did other cars there. I met the guy who did my car like 25yrs ago when he did one of mine and he's since done literally dozens of friends of mine for a good deal. I get all my detail business as referrals.
    Last edited by pdqgp; 12-16-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    2014 Brilliant Black S4 | S-Tronic | APR Stage Dual Pulley 2 & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS | Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Adaptive Damping Suspension | Nappa Leather | Carbon Inlays | 19" Niche M131's on PSS | Peelers on LM32's for Winter | ECS TRUFit Air Intake | Strut Tower Brace | Premium Shield Elite Clear Bra | Ceramic Tint | VLED VX3 LED Fogs | Ceramic Paint Coating | RS4 Grille | Viper Smart Start

Senior Member Four Rings b8audis4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by pandi View Post
    $3k out the door for new car paint correction, ceramic coating, xpel ultimate full front (hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors), coating on xpel, wheels and windshield --- thoughts on the price please.
    For the same XPEL on my car, I paid $1500. But it included a couple other small pieces. I have seen it as low as $1200 though, and sometimes up to $1600 or so. New car paint correction would be a light polish only and should cost $300-600 and then add the coating on top would be $300 or so. So all in I would say being closer to $2500 would be a bit better, but not completely off.
    2011 Audi S4 - Ibis - Magma - Premium Plus - XPEL - STIR PLUS - Anti Laser Priority - AWE Resonated Exhaust - Ecodes - Alu Kruez - BBS CH-R (Mops)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'm looking to have cq quartz applied to my 5, what if anything should I use to plrolong the life of the sealant and keep the paint popping? Do I just get a good wax or are there specific products to be used? Should I cut down on how many times I wash my car as to not introduce new swirls? Thanks for your help in advance

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Saloon/Hyundia Van

Quote Originally Posted by Ldawg32 View Post
    I'm looking to have cq quartz applied to my 5, what if anything should I use to plrolong the life of the sealant and keep the paint popping? Do I just get a good wax or are there specific products to be used? Should I cut down on how many times I wash my car as to not introduce new swirls? Thanks for your help in advance
    Proper wash and drying techniques along with good quality products, especially MF Rags, will reduce liklihood of swirls. Not all products are equal. I wouldn't top a coating with a sealant or wax. No need and if / when you do you lose the hydrophobic properties and ease of cleaning that coatings provide and trade them for whatever it is you're topping it with. Use products like Reload, Essence Plus and/or CarPro's ECH20. All are excellent.
    2014 Brilliant Black S4 | S-Tronic | APR Stage Dual Pulley 2 & APR TCU Tunes | APR CPS | Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Adaptive Damping Suspension | Nappa Leather | Carbon Inlays | 19" Niche M131's on PSS | Peelers on LM32's for Winter | ECS TRUFit Air Intake | Strut Tower Brace | Premium Shield Elite Clear Bra | Ceramic Tint | VLED VX3 LED Fogs | Ceramic Paint Coating | RS4 Grille | Viper Smart Start

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Proper wash and drying techniques along with good quality products, especially MF Rags, will reduce liklihood of swirls. Not all products are equal. I wouldn't top a coating with a sealant or wax. No need and if / when you do you lose the hydrophobic properties and ease of cleaning that coatings provide and trade them for whatever it is you're topping it with. Use products like Reload, Essence Plus and/or CarPro's ECH20. All are excellent.
    Ok great thanks. One last question. I have been researching and found that optic coat has a somewhat "tacky" feel. Does this go for cq quartz as well? I like a slick feel if that can be achieved with the quartz or any ceramic coating.

AZ Member #

any ideas on how to clean drilled rotors? Mine are packed with brake dust...
    Thx!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Saloon/Hyundia Van

Quote Originally Posted by Ldawg32 View Post
    Ok great thanks. One last question. I have been researching and found that optic coat has a somewhat "tacky" feel. Does this go for cq quartz as well? I like a slick feel if that can be achieved with the quartz or any ceramic coating.
    Cquartz will be slick.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings DetailersDomain's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TTGTOVR4 View Post
    any ideas on how to clean drilled rotors? Mine are packed with brake dust...
    Thx!
    got a picture, you can probably pressure washer most of it out.

Established Member Three Rings VipinLJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Okay guys. I'm a total noob when it comes to detailing.

I have a 2017 A4 that is a little more than a month old and has been through an automatic car wash thrice. Needless to say, the car is covered in swirls. It pains me to see it that way and no more automatic wash for me.
    Now I've decided I'll try to get the swirls out myself since I'm prepared to pay a detailer to detail my car once winter is over. I've bought Chrmical guy microfiber for washing and drying along with ONR wash and wax and a merino wool washing pad. I've also bought Klasse AIO and Klasse HGS. I'm planning on buying a PC 7424 and pads to go along with it from autopia.
    What pads should I buy? Also, I'm planning on getting the car coated when I get it professionally detailed. My question is whether these products are enough for the time being to help get rid of swirl marks and keep the car looking nice temporarily. Ive watched a few videos on autogeek on how to use a DA but I'm still a bit scared since I don't want to screw up the paint (I'm a total. Lob). Is th PC easy to use?

Please do help me out. Thank you very much in advance.
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier white/Black/Achat gray birch, Driver Assistance pack, Sport pack, 20" Black Optic pack, Cold weather pack

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight blue/Nougat brown/gray oak, Tech pack, Cold weather pack

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2013 Audi A6 Prestige - Oolong Gray/Gray/Aluminium, DAP, 20" Sport pack, Cold weather pack, Warm weather pack --- SOLD

AZ Member #

VipinLJ,

What would be your budget and why not considering buying from a sponsor?

AZ Member #

Oops. I thought autopia was the sponsor. I didn't pay attention to it. And also, I don't have a fixed budget. Not looking at spending too much money though since I might never even use it (as with most my buys).
    And yes. I just realised detailersdomain is the sponsor. I have tons of stuff I need to buy which I'll buy from there.
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier white/Black/Achat gray birch, Driver Assistance pack, Sport pack, 20" Black Optic pack, Cold weather pack

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight blue/Nougat brown/gray oak, Tech pack, Cold weather pack

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

2013 Audi A6 Prestige - Oolong Gray/Gray/Aluminium, DAP, 20" Sport pack, Cold weather pack, Warm weather pack --- SOLD

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
    Oops. I thought autopia was the sponsor. I didn't pay attention to it. And also, I don't have a fixed budget. Not looking at spending too much money though since I might never even use it (as with most my buys).
    And yes. I just realised detailersdomain is the sponsor. I have tons of stuff I need to buy which I'll buy from there.
    so you probably need a polisher, compound, and polishes?

AZ Member #

I have a porter cable 7424xp. I also have some Klasse AIO and HGS lying around. But yes. I'm open to other brands or products that will help remove swirls. I also need a coating that I can apply myself. What would you suggest?

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

AZ Member #

Got any photos showing the condition of the paint?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I had Suntek PFF installed on the hood and front fenders along with c-quartz finest when I purchased my car three years ago. I can see light marring on the hood...is this in the c-quartz coating? I would expect the film to "heal" and not show any marring.

Thanks
    In the garage: 2014 S5 | Brilliant Black | Black/Silver Nappa | Peelers | B&O | Side Assist | ADS | Sport Diff

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JimWB View Post
    I had Suntek PFF installed on the hood and front fenders along with c-quartz finest when I purchased my car three years ago. I can see light marring on the hood...is this in the c-quartz coating? I would expect the film to "heal" and not show any marring.

Thanks
    sure have you tried using a blow drier? do you have suntek self healing film?
    if so the heat should make the marring go away.

got a photo you can share with us?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have a 2013 S4 and am wanting to give c quarz a try. Their website says to apply it (after wash & polish obviously) then wait ~20 minutes before wiping off. Looking at some videos online of detailers applying it, some people seem to only be waiting 5 minutes and even apply a second coat before the first fully hardens and repels. What do you recommend as far as wait time between application and wiping down? Is a second coat really necessary? And is this something I should really leave to a professional detailer or is the process pretty straightforward?
    2013 S4 6MT | Monsoon Gray | Sport diff | Carbon atlas inlays | B&O | Black Napa | 19" Peelers | RS4 Grille |

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GJAZ View Post
    I have a 2013 S4 and am wanting to give c quarz a try. Their website says to apply it (after wash & polish obviously) then wait ~20 minutes before wiping off. Looking at some videos online of detailers applying it, some people seem to only be waiting 5 minutes and even apply a second coat before the first fully hardens and repels. What do you recommend as far as wait time between application and wiping down? Is a second coat really necessary? And is this something I should really leave to a professional detailer or is the process pretty straightforward?
    I won't be able to speak for the coating that you are using have not heard of c quarz....but the Nanolex SIShield can go right on in a small section and can be removed right away. Continue to lay it down in 2x2 sections and then buff off and continue till the car is done.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Phil,
    Warm weather has me thinking about stripping the Gyeon sealant off of the wheels, and then reapply. What is the best solution to use to remove any remnants of the original application? (Thinking IPA, also have some of the new stuff from Adams the "strip"solution stuff, dark green in color, any feedback on it?)Thx

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Phil,
    I spilled latex paint in my car along the rear console and carpet several weeks back. I was able to get most of it up with Dawn, Adams APC and WD40, but not all of it. Have you ever had any luck removing latex paint from carpet or plastic? I did see a used center console on eBay for around $200, but wanted to avoid going that route.

Thx
    In the garage: 2014 S5 | Brilliant Black | Black/Silver Nappa | Peelers | B&O | Side Assist | ADS | Sport Diff

AZ Member #

Phil,
    I spilled latex paint in my car along the rear console and carpet several weeks back. I was able to get most of it up with Dawn, Adams APC and WD40, but not all of it. Have you ever had any luck removing latex paint from carpet or plastic? I did see a used center console on eBay for around $200, but wanted to avoid going that route.

Thx
    I would repeat that process or replace the trim maybe a lot easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil,

Thx
    got any photos of what is left over?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'm about to do paint correction and apply cquartz. I have two questions. Do I do Isopropyl wipe down after correction? Also what can I put in top of cquartz for even further protection and shine ?

AZ Member #

I would do an ipa after the correction.

You should probably let the coating dry out and cure first but we have use Kenotek Showroom Shine on a ton of coatings with great results.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    I would do an ipa after the correction.

You should probably let the coating dry out and cure first but we have use Kenotek Showroom Shine on a ton of coatings with great results.
    Sounds good I'll have to pick up a bottle. Thanks for advice.

AZ Member #

no problem at all.

AZ Member #

Should I have taped off my brilliant black a4 black optics package before applying m21 sealant? I washed my car and clayed it, then applied sealant.

AZ Member #

you don't need to tape off if you can take care not to apply on your rubber seals. think of it as apply between the lines.

Active Member Two Rings CT-audi-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Can someone help me out? I use iron-x on my wheels and it works great for the brake dust but this stuff isn't effected. Road tar? Suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CT-audi-S4 View Post
    Can someone help me out? I use iron-x on my wheels and it works great for the brake dust but this stuff isn't effected. Road tar? Suggestions?

You should probably pick up some stoner's tarminator and go at it, then use a clay bar etc, this is burn in brake dust, this is probably going to take a few hours to remove. A lot of elbow grease will be required.

Active Member Two Rings CT-audi-S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    You should probably pick up some stoner's tarminator and go at it, then use a clay bar etc, this is burn in brake dust, this is probably going to take a few hours to remove. A lot of elbow grease will be required.
    Thanks!

AZ Member #

I have a porter cable and various pads, clay, and polishes

Is there a pad I can use to get rid of orange peel?