Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

For those with a backseat driver or one on the way, LATCH install

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Not sure why audi never installed the LATCH brackets in the s4 from the factory, guess they just wanted to make some more $$.

After getting tired of using the seatbelt to strap the car seat in i broke down.

I ordered the parts needed to make the s4 LATCH compatiable.

Parts needed were:

8d0813545 Left bracket
    8d0813546A Right Bracket

8L0019233 Plastic guides for the belt (not really needed)

8L0837453 Bolts 4 total needed.

If your lucky you can get the "kit" which has the bracket, bolts and guides, they are discontinued from the dealer but if you can find one they are only around $8 for the complete side.

I was lucky enough to find one side Part numbers are ZAW269004 and 005. (thats why one set of bolts are of different color)

If not it will run you about $50 in parts for a side.

I put the seat in the center so i needed both sides.

Install was super straight forward, just remove the bottom coushion, remove the upper seats.

Bolt the brackets in with the bolts to 22ft-lbs into the factory holes (yes there are already holes that are threaded and ready to go), re-install the seats.

The brackets fit very nicely, does not preven the seats from folding.

You cannot see the brackets at all once they are installed, and you cannot feel them if you sit in the seat.

I believe you can take the brackets to the stealership and they are obligated to install them at no charge.

Veteran Member Four Rings 2001S4CT's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Re: For those with a backseat driver or one on the way, LATCH install

Ill soon need some of those.

does the carseat leave dents on the leather ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2001S4CT View Post
    Ill soon need some of those.

does the carseat leave dents on the leather ?
    of course it does :( only part i hate about the seat, i have one of the seat protectors that go below the car seat that helps out alot. the cushion retuns back after a few days.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 B8.5 S4s

Yeah there used to be a technical bulletin about this before they went to ElsaWeb... All of this should be free, installed at the dealer. I had the upper tethers installed on my 97 A4 a few years ago. I skipped the LATCH install because I put the car seat in the middle and they recommend you use the seat belt instead of the latch anchors in the middle position. The latch system wasn't mandatory until 2003? Something like that, thats why they aren't installed from the factory on B5s..
    Keep right pass left, it's the law!!

Veteran Member Four Rings goody6691's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i want this, i have a little girl coming in feb, of course i dont think i want her sitting in the back with the rollbar installed. it could be safer though
    too much shit to list
    Dave

it runs bitches..............im back

98.5,Brilliant Yellow, Audi ,A4,Quattro, 2.0, je, eagle, cat cams, tial, hta3076r, tap 630, CCW Classics, Falken,SPA, Autopower, Sparco

Forum Moderator Four Rings 1997gtx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    14 GLI

This might be the first time i've wanted kids. Just to install a new car part :)
    --Adam
    Have questions? E-mail me.