Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

wheel well liner pin fasteners

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ridiculous local dealer wants 32 bucks for 4 pins
    4A0-805-121-C

figured maybe an equivalent VW part number would be cheaper if there is one.

Updated: Was told on Aw the part number is same b/w Audi & VW

its actually cheaper to order them online and pay shipping than from Audi dealer. can't believe it.
    Last edited by JonnyQ; 10-15-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Re: wheel well liner pin fasteners

I can believe it! I have gotten numerous fasteners from the local VW dealer much cheaper than going through Audi. I just show up at the VW parts department with what I want (broken or otherwise) and they have been real good at matching them up since most if not all of the small plastic fasteners are interchangeable.

Established Member Four Rings A4TL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    335is

clair aka audi parts super store dot com gets really good pricing on those dealer only items . when i blew out the passenger tire (evap house, the entire wheel well gone yadda ) and subsequent n80/check valve failure i realize my local audi dealer charges about 40-80% over list on everything. i still haven't put my wheel liner back on since it damaged some connecting points and to have a wheel well with metal screws that can contact the center of the tire if it isn't solidly 100% mounted is str8 up scarey. about 60-80mph the wheel well will start to flap if its not down 100% putting the metal head of the screw(s) on the tire. i've got 1/2 of the wheel well sitting around that i took off the rest you should see the rubber meets plastic contact patch and the bare metal head of the screws that were originally painted black but worn silver.
    02 1.8tqs - apr 1+ - SS forge - Hartmann B5 RS4 18" ET35 - Delsa (ebay) spoiler lip - debadged, B7 A4 320mmx30 front brakes - 335i Montego Blue/black; Sport;Prem; iDrive; Step and Heated Seats.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

thanks, I should get these damn pins right away, before something bad happens.
    gonna hit up the dealership i bought the car from and see what they can do. I just couldn't pay the other dealer near work the 32 bucks, i knew they were reaming me.
    Riverside Audi in Jersey is the best place to get parts, but before i have them shipped i'll see what the locals say, the VW dealer too, in morning on way to work.

Veteran Member Four Rings rxrep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    has nothing in it but memories.

I need a few of those black plastic ones that have the big head with criss-crossed flathead screw pattern that hold the one little piece in front of the front wheel on to the well liner.
    Lost them somewhere when I did my front end and have nothing to put those pieces on, or even take to a VW dealer to show them.
    Anyone know that part number? Is this what OP is talking about?
    May have to go searching through the bentley.
    My 2004.5 APR Stage 3+ is SOLD

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rxrep View Post
    I need a few of those black plastic ones that have the big head with criss-crossed flathead screw pattern that hold the one little piece in front of the front wheel on to the well liner.
    Lost them somewhere when I did my front end and have nothing to put those pieces on, or even take to a VW dealer to show them.
    Anyone know that part number? Is this what OP is talking about?
    May have to go searching through the bentley.
    Here ya go:

screw N-034-790-7 (big head criss-cross 1/4 turn plastic fastener)
    nut N-102-861-02 (plastic snap in nut )
    Last edited by old guy; 10-15-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added descriptions

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Here ya go:

You really are bored with the gimp arm, huh? Thanks man.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

You really are bored with the gimp arm, huh? Thanks man.
    LOL!!! Yea.... That's why I'm on here again at 5:15 in the morning!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Here ya go:

wait , this is what I am looking for, maybe the dealer gave me the wrong part number? he did show me the pins, but I scoffed at the price.

old guy, do you have ETKA? In illustration 821-10, I got from dealer, I am looking for 16 and I guess 17 is the nut.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyQ View Post
    wait , this is what I am looking for, maybe the dealer gave me the wrong part number? he did show me the pins, but I scoffed at the price.

old guy, do you have ETKA? In illustration 821-10, I got from dealer, I am looking for 16 and I guess 17 is the nut.
    Nope. Sorry!! I just happened to have the invoice from the VW dealer from when I bought a few last year. I’m a pack rat when it comes to crap like that so I can find the part number again if I need it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

What I'm looking for is called "Quick Release Screw" from diagram A66-0200, number "6".
    But here is the problem. On the bentley diagram, there is a third one that is labeled the same thing in back, and screws up through bottom of the small plastic deflector piece I'm trying to secure. But on my car, that one is the same type of screw that holds the belly pan on. It's metal with a smaller head and no criss-cross flathead pattern.
    The ones I need are plastic, and the head is huge, and they have a criss-crossed flathead pattern on the head. The "thread" side looks kind of like a "T". there are no thread, just that "T" barb that pops in and does a quarter turn.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

What I'm looking for is called "Quick Release Screw" from diagram A66-0200, number "6".
    But here is the problem. On the bentley diagram, there is a third one that is labeled the same thing in back, and screws up through bottom of the small plastic deflector piece I'm trying to secure. But on my car, that one is the same type of screw that holds the belly pan on. It's metal with a smaller head and no criss-cross flathead pattern.
    The ones I need are plastic, and the head is huge, and they have a criss-crossed flathead pattern on the head. The "thread" side looks kind of like a "T". there are no thread, just that "T" barb that pops in and does a quarter turn.
    Yep... That is what I gave you the part number for. Big "X" head with a "T" connector on the other end.

JonnyQ: Take a look on the ECS website. I believe it is under the "body" pull down. they carry a limited number of the plastic and metal fasteners that go to the belly pan and fenders liners.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

yeah, i looked on ECS don't see the ones I am looking for.
    The ones rxrep and I are both looking for are the same it seems. They look like boat anchors or a 'T' barb. I just emailed Carson @ Riverside to double check the part number. see what he says

But old guy sounds like you have the number for the ones we are looking for.
    maybe I'll head back to VW at lunch, I gave them the part # the ripoff audi guy gave me yesterday and VW said its audi specific and they can't get it for me.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyQ View Post
    yeah, i looked on ECS don't see the ones I am looking for.
    The ones rxrep and I are both looking for are the same it seems. They look like boat anchors or a 'T' barb. I just emailed Carson @ Riverside to double check the part number. see what he says

But old guy sounds like you have the number for the ones we are looking for.
    maybe I'll head back to VW at lunch, I gave them the part # the ripoff audi guy gave me yesterday and VW said its audi specific and they can't get it for me.
    That number should work 'cause I copied it straight off of a VW invoice.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

I just came back from VW. Old Guy are you sure about those part #s? They told me those numbers were for suspension bolts??

They found dowel pins for wheel liner as part # 4A0-805-121-A, the audi Part # is 4A0-805-121-C, so hopefully they are close enough. The VW one has a different slot pattern, not criss-crossed, but other wise looks the same. I don't have an Audi one to compare it too for length, etc. it was $2.70 each

the matching nut/clip from VW is 4A0-805-163 $1 ea

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Holy Shit!!! You know what, the last time I adjusted my shocks I had to replace the nut and bolt that attaches the two upper control arms to the front hub carrier so I just picked up some for a Passat since they are the same. I guess I pulled that invoice out of the file and just assumed it was the plastic nut and fastener that I also picked up not to long ago from the VW dealer.

So sorry!! At least now if you need the nut and bolt for the upper suspension link you are good to go!!

I’ll try to be a little more diligent the next time I post up part numbers.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

And by the way, there are two different configurations of the plastic “T” tipped connectors. One has a smaller head that if I recall uses a straight blade slot and the other is the large headed one with the “X” slot. Both are available from the VW dealer because I have purchased both from them. I know they are used on an ’03 Passat 1.8T and I’m sure other models as well.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

no problem about number.
    crap, i got the straight head ones, not the criss-cross ones, hopefully they work. if not, i guess i'll go back tomorrow and see if they can give me the other ones.
    the slotted ones do have a molded in washer with a head diameter of 1", i think it should work as long as its the same length.

what a f-ing PITA.

4A0-805-121-A

vs
    4A0-805-121-C
    Last edited by JonnyQ; 10-16-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added pic

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '09 CC VR6 Sport

Actually the Audi uses both of those. The straight slot attaches the vertical lip of the belly pan to the inside of the wheel liner. The X head attaches through the wheel liner into the lower plastic shield in the lower corner of the wheel well. They may be interchangeable, don't really know.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

Carson@Riverside replied to my mail and sad that the pins should be interchangeable. guess I'll find out tonite!

thanks for your responses old guy.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 A4 3.0 quattro 6spd

the VW pins and clips work fine. alot of the clips were broken, guess thats why the pins were missing.
    You have to have really small fingers and be quite adept to replace the clips closest to the outer fender without removing bumper. I couldn't get it.
    I zip tied the liner at each corner, and used the screws and clips in the other 2 holes on each side.

should be good to go....