Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 6,441 to 6,475 of 6475
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'll hop in here and proudly say that price is a joke. He might find a sucker w/ your mindset of popping a new engine in and flip it but the market just isn't there unless it's a good color w/ low miles. All this has going for it is that it's a 6MT and they aren't that hard to find. I hope he sells it for a million dollars to up the prices b/c they're awesome cars but reality is they still haven't found the bottom of their value and will continue to drop and this one isn't worth near $15k and I'd say it's worth more like $6-7 if everything else checks out. On a more positive note DS the avant looks awesome, I'd pay you 15k for that shell haha

Veteran Member Four Rings dsgray16's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 02silverbullett View Post
    I'll hop in here and proudly say that price is a joke. He might find a sucker w/ your mindset of popping a new engine in and flip it but the market just isn't there unless it's a good color w/ low miles. All this has going for it is that it's a 6MT and they aren't that hard to find. I hope he sells it for a million dollars to up the prices b/c they're awesome cars but reality is they still haven't found the bottom of their value and will continue to drop and this one isn't worth near $15k and I'd say it's worth more like $6-7 if everything else checks out. On a more positive note DS the avant looks awesome, I'd pay you 15k for that shell haha
    Funny

He is asking $13 expecting $9k... when was the last time anybody priced something online for their final lowest offer price?

Also love the people saying there are a ton of these.. yeah 150-170ish a year for what 4 years? Yeah.. tons of em around

I'd rather buy this and make it perfect for less than $20k than buy another one with an engine for the same money and not have any idea what it's been though.

But we can all agree to disagree.
    Events: Time to register for Avantoberfest 2017!: www.avantoberfest.com
    Instagram: whiskeyandwagons
    Car: Full B7 RS4 Avant swap http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...S4-Avant-Build

AZ Member #

More like 4-500 a year. Good luck to your and your buddy w/ the sale.

Veteran Member Four Rings Turbavanttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

In like condition, an S4 with a blown motor is worth more than an A4 with a blown motor, that much is for damn sure. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

As far as price being a joke, who the hell cares what the guy listed his price for. If any buyer is seriously in the market for it as it currently sits, they'll inquire. It's what the seller will ultimately accept for the car that matters. A smart buyer will factor in their costs and effort to bring it back up to speed and the "market" value for the car after its been appropriately repaired. That's where the variance lies. Some may be in a position to repair the car for minimal cost to them (if they have a shop, or do their own work, or even have a complete motor ready for it, etc). While others will have to pay full $ for parts and repairs.

I don't fault the seller for pricing it the way he/she did. We all know people low-ball even when something is reasonably priced! Hell, maybe his asking price was premeditated to keep low-ballers and tire kickers from calling, I can't blame him. There is in fact a market for that car, even though it is limited, as is supply.
    2004 B6 Avant l Moro Blue Pearl l Sportec l EFR TS-7064 l United Motorsport Tuned l 460 awhp, 93 octane
    2014 P+ Allroad l Glacier White l Airlift 3H l BBS l Eurocode l OEM+ Goodness l United Motorsport Tuned l
    So many Audis, so little time....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Police interceptor
    Items for Sale

https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto...305735694.html

I have a set of B8 19" Ti rotors I can swap out for the stock wheels, but they will need at least 2 new tires.

Veteran Member Four Rings sandspeed's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Dolphin Grey S4 Avant 6spd, 08 Candy White R32, Project Abt AS400 clone
    Items for Sale

The rolling chassis in Seattle is overpriced for what the market is on these. At 117k miles, it blue books at $10-11k with a running engine. Comps on Autotrader are all over the place, between $10k and $21k, so that's no help. A similar project, though running intermittently, with 40k fewer miles sold for $7.5k on Bring A Trailer, and running examples with similar mileage were sold in the $11k ballpark. Yes, there were two outliers which sold in the $20k range, but they seem to be cleaner, lower mileage vehicles with up-to-date maintenance and chain issues addressed previously. With a known-bad engine that needs to be replaced, I'd guess the value of this avant is in the $5-6k range, since it's a manual. Hell, I'd probably buy it for that price if it was on the correct coast for me.
    Last edited by sandspeed; 09-24-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    -Tim

Senior Member Three Rings nhodgson1993's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Forester STi
    Items for Sale

Red 2003 Allroad 6MT. Salvage Title, but could be a good fixer upper. $5K, just north of San Francisco in San Rafael.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...296730459.html
    2009 Grey Mini Cooper Clubman S JCW 6MT (Current)
    2018 Cardinal Red E63 AMG S Wagon (Dad's car on order, arriving Oct 2017)
    2005.5 Brilliant Black B7 Audi S4 Avant 6MT (Gone, but never forgotten)

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

It's for sale...

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Perfect 2.7T candidate if the price reflected the paperweight under the hood.
    What do you think that car is worthy? I don't think the owners realizes it is just a shell, a paperweight as you said.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Official Avants Only Classifieds Thread!

Apparently somebody needs to tell him not to sell his car since only worth $5k... but if he puts a $5k used motor in it, it's worth $16k no problem.

Am I missing anything here?
    Car: Full B7 RS4 Avant swap http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...S4-Avant-Build

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dsgray16 View Post
    Apparently somebody needs to tell him not to sell his car since only worth $5k... but if he puts a $5k used motor in it, it's worth $16k no problem.

Am I missing anything here?
    Just that the chain guides are done also. There are a few engines on eBay with guides done for the range you mention. There are a ton of S4 Avants on Craigslist & Car sites that just sit there because the guides will need to be done. They have to reflect the price to reflect that downfall of that car. Almost all of them don't.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by icutrauma1 View Post
    Just that the chain guides are done also. There are a few engines on eBay with guides done for the range you mention. There are a ton of S4 Avants on Craigslist & Car sites that just sit there because the guides will need to be done. They have to reflect the price to reflect that downfall of that car. Almost all of them don't.

Running joke/debate.. sorry to drag you into it. see previous posts.

If the seats and drive train were also missing and it was a rolling chassis, I'd be in on he paper weight talk..

All said though, I hope somebody steals this and makes a running car out of it for small money.

Veteran Member Three Rings sitting proper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by icutrauma1 View Post

So you think that the seller should lose between $3,500-5,000 because something might fail in the future? That really shouldn't dictate the price. The only thing that should is previous care, maintenance, and overall condition of the car.

It's just a risk that the buyer has to take when buying a car with this motor. I've purchased 2 higher mileage B7s and haven't had any issues with them other than the normal oil consumption.
    Past - '07 S4 Imola Yellow Avant, '06 S4 25quattro Avus Silver

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

No, not entirely, because it may never fail. It is a factor/risk that has to be thought of when buying this 4.2 engine which you yourself point out, "It's just a risk that the buyer has to take when buying a car with this motor." So a person(buyer) considers that risk and what it may be worth to him and his budget. If I had the garage to pull that particular engine it would not be a risk to me. So just as the buyer takes it into account, unfortunately so does the market it terms of supply and demand. What will a consumer demand. How may that effect the price.

And for the record your car is awesome, I'm a crazed fanatic for the Nogaro blue and would have started running over children, stepping on their faces and knocking over elderly using their walkers to make you an offer on your car if it had been the blue. The yellow is a beautiful color with the black interior. Your meticulous care for the car is awesome. Audi were dumbasses for those guides. Which I understand the RS4 guide or guides can now be used and are made of metal where the weak points are.

It's important you get the price your asking because it keeps everyone else's elevated.
    Last edited by icutrauma1; 09-28-2017 at 10:45 AM.

AZ Member #

If anyone is looking for a nice low miles B8 s-line... http://www.fiatusaofhenderson.com/us...82b3c97189.htm

Senior Member Two Rings ginger_snaps's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bagged B6 Avant
    Items for Sale

Very Rare Brand New OEM rood spoiler. Still in the box and never installed. Instructions still in plastic wrap. -$330 + shipping

This helpful information provided by GngrSnaps

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 S4 Avant
    Items for Sale

Selling my 04 Imola Yellow manual Avant...non running, open to offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272872654875

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings sitting proper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Final price reduction to $15.5k. I'm not renewing the registration on it, so at the end of October it'll just just sit until someone buys it or I trade it in.
    Past - '07 S4 Imola Yellow Avant, '06 S4 25quattro Avus Silver

Veteran Member Three Rings frenchyofcp's Avatar
    AZ Member #

USP CLUB MEMBER #138
    silver ultrasport

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

my girlfriend is selling her b6 6MT USP avant. see ad in link.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...335466767.html

SOLD!
    Last edited by jjvwg; 10-10-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | GTRS | Motoza | Bosch 550's | 034 TIP & TT225 MAF housing | 034 HFC + BB catback | 710N | TR18T FMIC | RA4 stage 2 clutch | 034 RSB & Endlinks | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

Senior Member Two Rings Butler230's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Bump for a price drop - $28,250. Miles are currently sitting at 49,300 and it shouldn't move much from that.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...searchRadius=0

Throwing in a few old photos with my winter RS4 wheel set. These can go with the car along with the rotor wheels if the offer is right.

[IMG]IMG_5733 by Shane Elsbury, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_5729 by Shane Elsbury, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_5717 by Shane Elsbury, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by Butler230; 10-11-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    2012 A4 Avant Prestige, Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue
    Carbon Atlas Trim, APR Stage II, EC HFC, RS4 Spoiler, Alu-Kreuz, 034 Trans

My 2012 A4 Avant

AZ Member #

Butler230 you have a very nice car for sale and I looked at it for a while , but the initial high price scared me away and I went ahead and purchased a non Audi wagon - A 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Sport 6 MT Atlas Gray - Cold weather package-Bose-Sport Package-Lighting package

Veteran Member Four Rings AvantNoir's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

2002 B6 Avant for $600.00!!! In Los Angeles. Car has 161K miles and overheats. Somebody please buy this so I don't.
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...343376176.html
    2005 USP A4 Avant 1.8T

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

I have a pair of OEM B6/B7 avant roof bars with tool. $120 OBO shipped to the continental US.

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full

:: Seller feedback ::

His: Nothing. Still searching
    Hers: 2008 Ibis Ti Avant 6MT - Bagged Unicorn
    RIP: 2006 DG Avant Tip

Senior Member Two Rings jhoward's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AvantNoir View Post
    2002 B6 Avant for $600.00!!! In Los Angeles. Car has 161K miles and overheats. Somebody please buy this so I don't.
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...343376176.html
    For $600 it's worth it for parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings Butler230's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by simbat View Post
    Butler230 you have a very nice car for sale and I looked at it for a while , but the initial high price scared me away and I went ahead and purchased a non Audi wagon - A 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar
    Thanks simbat - I may have shot myself in the foot with the initial asking price. I've had offers at or very near what I'm currently asking, but those folks have already purchased something so it's still for sale. Regardless, I got to drive it a few months more than I anticipated so I'm happy about that at least. Hopefully it will be sold soon.

Congrats on the V60 Polestar. I've got a coworker with one of those and it's very nice. I was looking at the V60 when I bought this one actually.
    2012 A4 Avant Prestige, Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue
    Carbon Atlas Trim, APR Stage II, EC HFC, RS4 Spoiler, Alu-Kreuz, 034 Trans

My 2012 A4 Avant

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Butler230 View Post
    Thanks simbat - I may have shot myself in the foot with the initial asking price. I've had offers at or very near what I'm currently asking, but those folks have already purchased something so it's still for sale. Regardless, I got to drive it a few months more than I anticipated so I'm happy about that at least. Hopefully it will be sold soon.

Congrats on the V60 Polestar. I've got a coworker with one of those and it's very nice. I was looking at the V60 when I bought this one actually.
    Thanks. I would suggest to keep it if that is a possibility as you have build it and it's worth for you more, than it will be for anyone else. Plus it's an a beautiful and practical Audi wagon which can be converfted to manual one day and become even more awesome. Think about it long term :-)

As of the P* - I sold my 15' S4 with manual and sport diff because I didn't find a sedan practical for my lifestyle . I love the P* and I only wish it was with manual , but it's direct competitor from Audi - the new RS4 is also auto only now and even not available in the USA :-(
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Sport 6 MT Atlas Gray - Cold weather package-Bose-Sport Package-Lighting package

AZ Member #

Feeler: Thinking of selling supercharged B7 S4 Avant 6MT, wondering what it's worth

Just putting a feeler out, as I love this car, and I'm not 100% certain I will sell it, but my larger family is looking for a larger car. What do you think it's worth?

2008 Audi S4 Avant, 6MT
    91K miles
    Silver, with Black Alcantara and carbon interior
    Have all paperwork, records, receipts for all upgrades, service, maintenance, and repairs
    $30K in upgrades ($20K parts and $10K labor). Will include all stock parts
    Iím the 2nd owner, have had it for 8 years
    Car looks great and is in great shape

Performance Upgrades
    • JHM Supercharger, ECU Tune, Intake Manifold, intake spacers, Piggie Pipes
    • Magnaflow RS4 2.5Ē resonated cat-back exhaust
    • Suspension: Bilstein PSS9, Hotchkis 29mm race rear sway bar
    • JHM short-throw shifter/trio-package
    • Mounts: 034 Transmission Mount, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Stern street motor mounts

Interior and Electronic Upgrades
    Audi OEM upgrades:
    • RS4 shift knob, parking brake lever
    • RNS-E/Nav/Satellite
    • Bluetooth phone module
    • Q7 backup camera and all hardware
    • CD Changer in glovebox

Aftermarket upgrades:
    • Race/metal gas, brake, clutch pedals
    • Aux input: 3.5mm headphone jack hidden in center console
    • Focal K2p speakers: complete set of 10 separates
    • JL 13.5Ē shallow subwoofer in custom fiberglass box in driverís side rear storage area, with remote volume control easily accessible under parking brake lever
    • JL amps and Audiocontrol crossovers in passengerís side rear storage area
    • Passport 9500ci radar/laser stealth install, controls in center console ash tray
    • Will include Vag-Com

Exterior/body upgrades
    • Premier Tint on all windows but windshield
    • RS4 honeycomb pattern front grill and fog surrounds (custom)
    • Headlights: Clear corners (ambers removed, chrome signal bulbs installed), insides panted silver (instead of chrome) to match body
    • Rear valence painted silver (instead of dark gray) to match body
    • Front reflectors: replaced orange with clear
    • Clear bra: Venture custom on front bumper, hood, front quarter panels, rocker panels, door latches
    • Trailer hitch for bike racks custom built so hitch receiver is high and doesnít scrape on ground. Rear valence cut to accommodate
    • Stock double 7 wheels with summer tires (almost new)
    • VMR 718 wheels with winter tires (studable, but without studs, almost new)
    • Whispbar cross bars

Maintenance
    • All oil changes performed at 5-7K miles
    • All preventative maintenance performed per schedule
    • New OEM stock clutch, Sept 2012 (after trying and not liking the JHM stage 3 clutch)
    • No cold start rattle, etc. Burns 1QT every 1100-1900miles

Blemishes
    • Paint scratch on front quarter panel. Visible under inspection, but barely noticeable otherwise
    • Driverís side front door rocker panel Ė small piece broken off?
    • Front bumper has normal, tiny paint chips
    • Rear window tint has scratches, easy to replace

Last edited by CKS; 10-13-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    2008 B7 S4 Avant, 6MT, Silver, VMR 718 summer wheels
    Engine: JHM S1 S/C w/tune, IM spacers, Piggy DB, Magnaflow CB
    Suspension: Stasis M/S, Hotchkis 29mm rear
    Misc: JHM SST, lots of mounts, tint, clear bra, etc
    Electronics: RVC, Passport 9500ci, RNS-E, Focal speakers, 13.5" shallow JL sub, amps, crossover

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Take a look at Bring Your Own Trailer where they auction cars. There are several Avants on there either stock or had lots of mods. The prices are all over the place but it gives you an idea that sometimes it may not be so much the car as the time. I have noticed the B6 Avant prices droppping incredibly. The B7 avants are just sitting there but dropping also. They are unique no doubt, but they are reaching a time that the value is not as unique as the newer cars coming out.

This one is cherry but look at the demand in terms of how low he has dropped:http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Speed-(1-of-3)

This one just sold for $8750.00: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd...335952819.html

No one is going to value the elbow grease you put into it like you did. Even the 2010-2012 plain S4s are dropping.

AZ Member #

Totally understand your points, and thank you for the links. Difficult to accurately compare, as both have high miles, and one is yellow (a pretty unpopular color). I'm by no means trying to recover my investment, just trying to figure out what someone is likely to pay for given it's condition and the mods.
    2008 B7 S4 Avant, 6MT, Silver, VMR 718 summer wheels
    Engine: JHM S1 S/C w/tune, IM spacers, Piggy DB, Magnaflow CB
    Suspension: Stasis M/S, Hotchkis 29mm rear
    Misc: JHM SST, lots of mounts, tint, clear bra, etc
    Electronics: RVC, Passport 9500ci, RNS-E, Focal speakers, 13.5" shallow JL sub, amps, crossover

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Right, what you can do is do a search on Cars.com, Carsforsale.com, Autotrader.com, Truecar.com, will give you good variety fo what people are selling. These sites won't tell you how long they have been for sale. Craigslist will show how long the cars have been posted. I have seen these going down from 17.5 to 11.5K

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avant, 2008 E92 335i, 2004 TSX

Thule square roof crossbar for B8 avant & Thule Pulse Alpine roof box (GTA pick up)

I am selling my set of Thule square roof crossbar for B8 avant & Thule Pulse Alpine roof box. I got the crossbar used from a azine member so don't know how old it is. And I bought the cargo at Dec 2015, it has been used for less than 5 times so still like new condition. The reason for selling is because I got a set of oem crossbar & need a bigger box. Located in Toronto are and pick up only

Thule crossbar - $300 Cdn
    Thule Pulse Alpine cargo bax - $350 Cdn

Getting both together - $600 Cdn

2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, sway, RS brake + grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2008 BMW Montego Blue E92 335i 6MT Msport
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

[Unicorn alert]: 2004 Audi A4 Avant Ultrasport 3.0 V6 6 speed Manual in Goodwood Green
    Salvage title tho...
    Not affiliated

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...345485013.html

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Anyone have a B7 black center console armrest lid?

Roof box for sale in the Northeast area? Sorry, Toronto is quite far. :(
    Formula1 died with the introduction of DRS and KERS.
    RallyNorthAmerica - Team Stop Texting
    IG: Downhill_A4
    "If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

Senior Member Two Rings jhoward's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I didn't like the jhm clutch either, and replaced mine as stock. Oem clutch was just more enjoyable to daily drive.

With your nice list of upgrades, I'd put your car in the 18k$ range. If your chains were done, perhaps 23k$

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine