PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E Navigation volume control question

pat3co
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
How do you save the volume setting on the voice guidance for the navigation? It seems when I switch to navigation the voice guidance is turned down really low. I'll then set the volume to the desired level but then when I use it again say on a different day the volume will be low again and i'll have to set it again.

Also, is there a shortcut to setting the voice guidance volume? The way i've been doing it is by switching back to CD mode, selecting Sound, then selecting Nav control volume.

Thanks.

PROXUS
10-17-2006, 05:16 PM
NAV volume will take in consideration your base volume.
when your radio / CD / MP3 volume is set low, your NAV will start just a little louder but it will not take any settings from the time before unit was shut down.

There is also automatic volume adjustment when you drive faster. Unit will automatically adjust your volume to compensate for outside noise.

The fastest way to adjust NAV volume is by using volume knob while nav voice is in progress. When you can't hear nav voice you will adjust only music, but when you turn your knob (or roller on steering wheel) while voice is on - your nav volume will be adjusted.

pat3co
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
thanks.

heliskyr
11-03-2006, 11:51 PM
2nd PROXUS-

I found that if you change volume settings (ie. with the steering wheel thumb wheel) while the "bitching Betty" is giving you directions, you're actually changing the nav volume setting and not the music setting.

So, if you're on the phone and she's telling you to turn and you thumb the volume down, you're actually changing the volume for all future directions as well.

If you push the volume knob on the steering wheel in to repeat the last direction, and then change the volume setting while" Betty" is talking, you change the Nav volume setting "permanently" (that is, until you mess with the volume setting again when she is talking). That's faster than trying to get back to the menu to find the nav volume setting the hard way.

Audi really should have mentioned this in the manual, as it has been an annoyance for me as well.