PDA

View Full Version : iforged SUCKS

Audi_Sniper
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
I ordered a set of iforged Senekas through a friend of mine who runs a automotive shop here where I live, he is the local dealer for iforged wheels. Before I bought these wheels I was reassured several times through people that they where a quality wheel and have come along ways in there product and customer service over the last few years. And every time I had a concern about the wheels or a question my friend would call iforged up and talk to Steve, who would always reassure me and him if I ever had any problems that I could send the wheels back to iforged on there expense. So seeing that the company was going to stand behind there product it reassured me and I went ahead and placed my order.
Well I got the wheels a few weeks later and everything looked good. Went ahead and bought some rubber for them and had them mounted on the car. Drove on them a few times within the last few weeks and was loving them. That was until it started to rain here last Friday. Once I got over 40 MPH the steering wheel would start shacking violently and once I got up to highway speed forget about it. The car shakes so violently and badly that it’s unbearable. It felt like all my lugs had become loose. So I pulled over in the pouring rain and checked all the lugs and they seemed fine. So I drove slowly home and preceded to do some searching on line. And to my surprise I realize I’m dealing with water pooling on the inside of my wheels causing the tires to be thrown off balance when it rains. When I was reassured through my friend who was told by Steve at iforged several times that this issue with water pooling in the wheels has been fixed.
So hey no big deal I was told several times that if I had any problems I could send them back. Bull shit! We called iforged first thing Monday and got a ****ing run around on how it’s a desighn flaw in the wheel and they are not responsible and I’m stuck with the wheels seeing they will not take them back. And this really is not a big problem for them because most of their customers do not drive in the rain. “is this a ****ing joke”? and if I wanted to I could wait a few weeks until they designed something that gets mounted in the inner part of the wheel which helps shed the water. But I would have to take apart the wheels to do this and also PAY more money to purchase their so called fix. So this Steve guy from iforged seems to be a shady ****er in my book.
So last night I email iforged about the problem to see if that gets me anywhere. Within 5 min of sending the email I get a reply back from Vince. Saying their is nothing wrong with the wheels. And to contact my dealer with my problem and not them. Well if he would have read my email better he would have seen that I did go through my dealer, which was told by them that they are not going to stand behind their quality wheels, which I spent close to $3600. on. So I email him back stating that I did go through my dealer and they are getting no place with you. I find it funny that Steve admitted about the water-pooling problem yet Vince says there is nothing wrong with the wheels. Well if that’s the case I said in my last email to him. Then why do I have water pooling in my wheels throwing them off balance if it’s not the wheels. I stated seems like a design flaw to me. I still have not got a response to that. Which just tells me they really could give a **** seeing that they have already received the payment for my wheels. So it’s pretty much a **** you business over there at iforged after they take your money.
So if you are thinking of purchasing iforged wheels down the road I would highly suggest not to. Their wheels suck, there customer service sucks, and worst of all Steve and Vince are shady lying mother ****ers who denie the fact that they have a problem with the design and construction of some of there wheels. And Steve most of all for not living up to his word he gave me, if I had a problem down the raod. And once they got your money your ****ed.
But hey if you really highly believe in their so called quality of a product you can buy my wheels for half of what they coast me with the tires, over in the FS thread. Seeing I have no want for wheels that I can not drive in the rain….

Starting
04-05-2006, 10:54 AM
That sucks to hear but I have heard that some of the HRE's have the same problem due to design.

bkms1
04-05-2006, 12:52 PM
i forged sucks i got a set of wheels for gt 2 and there totoaly wrong Vince is a bastard cocksucker

ianlionzion
04-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I believe all the reverse lip wheels have that problem with vibration in the rain, it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. it's the design. too bad they don't make you sign a disclaimer when buying those wheels.

Audi_Sniper
04-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ianlionzion
I believe all the reverse lip wheels have that problem with vibration in the rain, it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. it's the design. too bad they don't make you sign a disclaimer when buying those wheels.

I understand that but Steve at iforged told my dealer that the issue had been resolved. And if I had any problems iforged would help me out. Needless to say they did not live up to their word.
At this point I could give a shit. I will do my hardest to give them as much negative feedback that I can give. If I make them loose at least one sale I have done my job on taking a penny out of their pocket. Assholes like this do not deserve respect from the car community when you operate like they do.
Most of there sales are most likely based on referrals from other iforged owners. Well I'm one pissed off owner and will make sure to voice my feedback in any iforged post I come across. You would figure that the kind of money people drop on there product they would want to go out of their way to make their customers happy. I suggest Vince should go back to school and learn a little about customer service. Because I bet within 5 years that company will be a thing of the past and hopefully that asshole will be living out of a cardboard box in LA....

Sorry had to rant a little more...[:o]

Korrect414
04-05-2006, 08:15 PM
You should send him a link to this thread.

Thats pretty messed up of him to tell you that he would resolve any issues with the wheels at their expense and then not live up to their word.

Tinman
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
iForgeries! gotta love 'em.

L8

Eric@setuning.com
04-05-2006, 08:47 PM
i have not had a problem like that yet, my kinesis step lip's don't do that

E

Audi_Sniper
04-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Eric@setuning.com
i have not had a problem like that yet, my kinesis step lip's don't do that

E

Mine are a 3 piece with a reverse.lip... I don't believe stepped lips have these problems...

07B7A4
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
That is really too bad. I was getting ready to order a pair of Iforged rims and already had my mind made up. I already had a problem with the last sell on rims so I don't want to take a chance. Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to find something else once again.[:(]

Spongebob05
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Well...if they claimed that it's a FLAW IN DESIGN then why the Hell they selling them ?????????

I would thought they'd be smart enough to not carry Defective parts....WTF ???

gotdubd
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
YAY! scheafs post back from the dead!

Audi_Sniper
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
YAY! scheafs post back from the dead!

[up] Thats what it's here for...

And Vince can still suck it...

Race Shooter
03-25-2007, 07:28 PM

Can anyone expand on this thought? How does a reverse lip cause this problem of "water pooling" and where is the water exactly pooling in the wheel to cause balance issues?

1FastS4.Com
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I have HRE's and never had that problem.

gotdubd
03-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I have HRE's and never had that problem.

pretty much everyone i know with reversed lip wheels say they have no issues.

except iforged owners, apparently they make something for the valve stems(i think) to help drain out some of the water

PaCmAn...
03-31-2007, 07:36 PM
pretty much everyone i know with reversed lip wheels say they have no issues.

except iforged owners, apparently they make something for the valve stems(i think) to help drain out some of the water

dude i live in south florida and have not had issues with my iforged imolas....when i got them i sent them out to a friend of mine that told me all 3 piece wheels shake because of water issues and the only way of helping it out is to make sure they are tightly sealed...when i got mine i gave them to him and hey put on some sealent that he has(i'll findout what it is), and i have never had that issue mind you i do have the reverse lips on my wheels...they are 19 x 10 front and rear....so thats my .02 cents and maybe it'll help you guys...thanks

by the way incase you dont know, it rains almost every other day in florida....it sucks...

Monizzle
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
iforged looks/design = 10
iforged quality = shit.

thanks for the last "heads up" i'll ever need to stay away from these wheels.

Das General
04-01-2007, 02:49 PM
lol when did this thread comeback

Re5pectThe_Cuz
04-01-2007, 06:30 PM
sadly its true that iForged is known for there "wonderful' customer service...Vince is known to fuck people over

chrissurfr
04-01-2007, 09:07 PM
thats why i buy things like this on credit card......

seank
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
contact the better business bureau, they are knowingly selling a faulty product i'm pretty sure you can get somewhere with that.

PaCmAn...
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
3M 5200 Fast Cure Marine Sealant....its like $15 or less depending on where you go, he told me to let you know you gotta put it between the the split in the barrel...then on the inside center all around the split...the bolt it up together, pop on the tire and wallahh finito....the worked for me and i live in florida...where it rains all day every day...good luck to you guys that do have issues....

Race Shooter
04-03-2007, 09:05 AM
That doesnt make sense though. If water can get in between the splits in the barrel, then air would be leaking out (air molecules are a lot smaller than water). So if you had enough room in the split to allow water into the wheel, they would never hold air.

FrimmelNoJerz
04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
thats why i buy things like this on credit card......

so you can cancel payments?

romell
04-27-2007, 12:11 AM
well. thats why im doin ga group buy on DPE's. contact me for more info.

iforged= bad
DPE=good
steve and vince=bad
manu and jojo=good

b7cruiser
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
contact the better business bureau, they are knowingly selling a faulty product i'm pretty sure you can get somewhere with that.

How can they sell without a DOT certification?

Four Play
05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
iforged looks/design = 10
iforged quality = shit.

thanks for the last "heads up" i'll ever need to stay away from these wheels.

Yea no shit, glad this thread came back and a few more people found out before we dropped that kinda money on junk rims...

[down]

nkarlina
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
So actually,are step lip or reversed wheels causing this "water-pooling" problems?Because I'm thinking of buying either DPE or iForged step lip wheel..
Thanks!

///MFanatic
05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
i had a set of iForged Swifts on my e46 M3... 3pc, not sure if reverse lip though. I never had the shaking problem, but I did have problems with the clearcoat peeling off the brushed aluminum centers. The lips were impossible to keep clean as well, but I guess thats the case with all polished lips.

overall, I thought the iForged were garbage wheels and everyone on M3 forums know Vince is a douchebag. I sold my Swifts and bought a set of 19" Volk LE37Ts with black centers. FAR better wheels, way lighter (obviously, 1pc), look better, much easier to clean and MUCH stronger.

f iForged