PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Service- How do i set it up? Plus so much more :-)

g2turbo
03-25-2006, 10:32 AM
My 04 S4 has XM, but i'm not sure how to get service: what info is needed, or the best "deal" on a service provider (if that even applies) if XM is not the monopoly provider.

The XM in the car gets a few sample channels that mainly seem to be a continual advertisement. So i'm pretty sure there's "reception".

I cannot find info in the owners manual packet.

Any help is appreciated, as the CD changer gets old real quick (6 in dash talk about SLOW to change them {whining here...}

Also, can i used the Navigation player for music. I know it's only 1 CD but i'm always putting stuff in the back so it'd be easy to use.

gary

German Driver
03-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Your dealer should have provided you with all numbers to call and or done it for you. But no worries just follow these steps

http://www.xmradio.com/activation/

In regards to playing CD's in your RNS-E, sure you can. However, I don't recommend continous mechanics of the RNS-E monitor. If you plan on using CD's that much I would opt for the CD changer in glove box. Just to be on safe side. The RNS-E is best used for navigation discs. I leave my disc in there 24/7.

g2turbo
03-26-2006, 11:29 AM
thanks for the tips! My Nav doesn't have the monitor, just the control near the E-brake, with the multi-function display as the "display". Should be pretty durable, i hope.