View Full Version : XM Radio Service- How do i set it up? Plus so much more :-)

03-25-2006, 11:32 AM
My 04 S4 has XM, but i'm not sure how to get service: what info is needed, or the best "deal" on a service provider (if that even applies) if XM is not the monopoly provider.

The XM in the car gets a few sample channels that mainly seem to be a continual advertisement. So i'm pretty sure there's "reception".

I cannot find info in the owners manual packet.

Any help is appreciated, as the CD changer gets old real quick (6 in dash talk about SLOW to change them {whining here...}

Also, can i used the Navigation player for music. I know it's only 1 CD but i'm always putting stuff in the back so it'd be easy to use.

German Driver
03-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Your dealer should have provided you with all numbers to call and or done it for you. But no worries just follow these steps

In regards to playing CD's in your RNS-E, sure you can. However, I don't recommend continous mechanics of the RNS-E monitor. If you plan on using CD's that much I would opt for the CD changer in glove box. Just to be on safe side. The RNS-E is best used for navigation discs. I leave my disc in there 24/7.

03-26-2006, 12:29 PM
thanks for the tips! My Nav doesn't have the monitor, just the control near the E-brake, with the multi-function display as the "display". Should be pretty durable, i hope.