PDA

View Full Version : Poor Customer Service at ECSTUNING.COM

NogaroA4
01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't know if it’s just me being greedy, but yesterday I ordered rear cross drilled/slotted rotors for my Audi a4, they were for 60 dollars, called scratch and dent rotors, which was half off their original price since they had some imperfections. Along with that order, I purchased brake pads and an oil plug. In the past I ordered well over 1000 dollars in miscellaneous small stuff.
Well anyway, I get a call today saying that they sold their last pair of the scratch and dent rotors yesterday, (the same day I ordered), and then continued to say that I could purchase the regular price ones if I so chose.
I just feel that they should have at least looked at my previous orders and said well he has an active account maybe since it wasn’t totally his fault or our fault we should give him a little bit off his order if he so chooses to purchase the regular price such as 20% or 10% off. Since they (ecstuning) didn’t update there site after selling the last rotor, or at least make a little note by the listing that quantities were small.
That was just my short rant...I don’t know that’s what I learned in Business writing in college to always make sure the customer leaves on a positive note, even with bad news, instead of leaving them hanging.

Cliff Notes ECSTUNING gets a [down] today.

A4Rob
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Dude, they just ran out and someone beat you to it

01'A41.8T
01-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I like ECS a lot, I order from them all the time. They have some good prices on stuff but the shipping they charge kills it! I ordered 2 gaskets and 3 bolts and it cost me about $9.50 in shipping! Only way around it is to order a bunch of stuff at once but you can't always do that. So ECS gets a [down] from me too today. ECS, please work on your shipping prices!

SoleMate
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
It happens but they should have offered you a discount on a new set to make up for it. Even if you were no longer interested at least they tried to please the customer.

kelticslob
01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by A4Rob
Dude, they just ran out and someone beat you to it
And they didn't update their advertising. It's illegal, technically, and is called a "bait and switch".

But really it's just bad practice.

EVIL-AUDI
01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Wrong forum. We have a section for this people.