PDA

View Full Version : Certain choices locked out in NAV menu

g2turbo
12-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone know how to bypass the locked menu choices in the Nav system on a B6 S4?

For example, the other day i was looking for state parks in the Nav menu and noticed that some of the search choices have a little lock symbol to the left. One of the choices is Special Destinations (or close to it).

No idea of how to get past it. Any help is appreciated.

Gary

German Driver
12-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Gary, usually when under special destinations if an icon is missing or blacked out it is because the nav isn't recognizing a particular genre in that area. Sometimes when I am around bordering areas and go to search a shopping mall for instance it will only pick it up under one rather then general area. Try that for starters and if you have no luck post up again.

g2turbo
12-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Hi, in this case it seems to not matter in what location I'm in. The lock symbol is always present. Maybe there is another CD i need to insert into the Nav?

I've not read the manual (yet), so maybe that'll answer my questions.

I'll post if I can figure it out.

German Driver
12-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by g2turbo
Hi, in this case it seems to not matter in what location I'm in. The lock symbol is always present. Maybe there is another CD i need to insert into the Nav?

I've not read the manual (yet), so maybe that'll answer my questions.

I'll post if I can figure it out.

When you speak of Nav System, are you referring to the Telematics DIS Nav that was an option on the B6 3.0 and S4 or are you referring to a Nav Plus system have it be RNS-D (CD based) or RNS-E DVD based?

g2turbo
01-21-2006, 03:18 PM
It's the CD based system. I had no idea of the variations. This one does not have the screen in the stereo.
Haven't really needed to use it much but we're planning on some traveling this summer, so would be nice if it all worked.