PDA

View Full Version : lowballers should be banned

djwaffelz
12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
im going throuh so many of these higher end wheels for sale, particularly the I-forged wheels for sale, and the HRE wheels....
some of the low ball offers you guys are making are completely rediculous...
i mean... i know it doesnt really concern me, but have some respect for the fellow members... how do offer somone $1500 for wheels that retail for over $5000 ? [headbang]
sorry for the rant, but i just feel that some of you guys are like vultures, looking to steal wheels from people [down]

nadroj81
12-24-2005, 03:43 PM
used is used. retail =! sale price. the reason all those wheels are still for sale is crazy expectactions of selling for anywhere near 50% of "Retail".

especially since i know there are people on here who are sponsored and get thier HRE's at COST. then try and sell them like they paid full retail.

Blau Flash
12-24-2005, 03:52 PM
its a free market economy..

supply and demand..
as the other guy said, that's wy most 3k+ wheels are still for sale...
suggestion?

by 2 sets of wheels

hadokenny
12-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by djwaffelz
im going throuh so many of these higher end wheels for sale, particularly the I-forged wheels for sale, and the HRE wheels....
i mean... i know it doesnt really concern me, but have some respect for the fellow members... how do offer somone $1500 for wheels that retail for over $5000 ? [headbang]
sorry for the rant, but i just feel that some of you guys are like vultures, looking to steal wheels from people [down]

supply and demand buddy...if you dont like the price, dont sell it. Its that simple. No body is pointing a gun to your head to tell you you have to sell them.

fussball
12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I am a bit confused as to what is so inappropriate about making an offer on wheels? If it is too low, the seller just says no. If the seller is offended by a low offer, he (or she) is not obligated to deal with the person making the offer at all. Plus, as has been mentioned, used is used, and that means the value of the wheels is significantly less than retail.

BTW,
is the classifieds section even the right place for this discussion?

S4audi_SD
12-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey djwaffelz, I'll give you $1,400 for your wheels, i have cash in hand. I call dibs on your iforged.

dukez
12-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Hell no, sell to me, $400 is my best offer. [:p]

quattroED
12-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by nadroj81
used is used. retail =! sale price. the reason all those wheels are still for sale is crazy expectactions of selling for anywhere near 50% of "Retail".

especially since i know there are people on here who are sponsored and get thier HRE's at COST. then try and sell them like they paid full retail.

"near 50% of retail" is more than fair on good wheels.

Rapter
12-24-2005, 06:24 PM
If I was looking to pay retail or even close to retail then I would just buy it brand new. If the seller wants a certain price then open your mouth and say so. Don't be that "make me an offer" type seller cause then your going to get redic low ball offers. I kinda think you'd be retarded to offer someone a high offer. I mean why pay more then you have to. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care if it's a store or just some regular person if it’s used I'm looking for a good deal. If you don't state a price I'm going to throw out a low number. I'm not going to offer you $10, but it's going to be low. I haven't yet, but if I'm broke and you've been trying to sell something for a while. Then I'll make you a redic low offer cause it's all I could afford. If you take it great, if not then that's perfectly fine I would understand. This is not meant towards anyone in particular just giving my opinion.

nine1twoinc
12-24-2005, 07:40 PM
I think a fair price would be 1/3 of what the retail price is. I got mine with wheels for about $3100, and I am only asking $1100 with tires, but that's just me. 19"HRE with tires is about $5500, I think a fair price would be about $2500, but again, that's my point of view. When buying those super high end expensive wheel, rarely you can sell it for a good price, unless it's limited edition or supre rare ones. Again, that's just my opinion.

mxrz
12-24-2005, 07:46 PM
http://maxx.wolltech.com/Whambulance.gif

gt8
12-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by djwaffelz
demand is what controls the market when it comes to classifieds.
supply doesn't matter so much in most instances

itsallstock
12-24-2005, 09:23 PM
200 i pick up i am the low baller king this is my favorite post yet hope team bob whos name really isnt bob sees this should piss him off he heee if you are selling ill be low balling

envuks
12-25-2005, 03:30 PM
i seriously loled at this thread. people who sell used wheels for over 50% of retail should be banned. in my oppinion, wheels are worth no more than 50% of retail as soon as they get tires put on them and get put on a car. in most cases less becasue they have blemishes. if you look, i practice what i preach as well as i am selling wheels new in boxes for just over 50% off retail. if you paid $1000+per wheel you are stupid (becasue you can get them cheeper) and if you try to sell them used for more than 50% of that you are just reinforcing your stupidity.

psipleasure
12-25-2005, 03:34 PM
envuks it looks like the girl in your sig needs a bikini wax.

envuks
12-25-2005, 03:39 PM
thats pretty funny, i never noticed that before

kelticslob
12-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Your wheels are only worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay for it. Period.

quattroED
12-25-2005, 06:19 PM
It all depends on the wheels being sold.

Good, high quality wheels can be sold for more than 50% of retail in most cases.

People selling wheels for a lot less than 50% of retail do so because the wheels aren't that great.

envuks
12-25-2005, 06:24 PM
agreed, i think that anywhere around 50% off retail is fair game

Crazy Quattro
12-25-2005, 11:44 PM
$250 shipped, let me know.

3M0RT4L
12-26-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll give you some rice krispy treats for them, PM me

Kat_Somm_Faen
12-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by nadroj81

[up]

madrussian
12-26-2005, 08:31 AM
in all honesty i hate lowballers too, especially when my shit is benig sold, but im patient and i eventually sell the product...

it amazes me how many guys here will sell a set of high end rims for 4 months and only come down $50 the whole time. i hate losing money as much as the next guy...

but lets face it, just because rims retail for 6k, doesnt mean they're worth that. for one i don't think anybody pays retail for a single set of rims here...

2nd of all, ive seen HRE's sell for as low as 2k w/ slight damage on ebay, so if i can get a set of 543r 19x8.5" for $2500 after repairs, why pay 4k to some guy selling 18"?

the problem isnt lowballers, the problem is greedy sellers... and the fact that most of the high-end posts dont fuckin include a price. hello? but if you want us to post offers, then don't get upset if you don't get what you want when we have no idea what it is you expect...

/end rant.

S4life
12-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I haven't met anyone on the classified section that hasn't at least made one low ball offer or semi-low ball offer(<--is that a word) in their life. If you don't like the price the potential buyer's offering.....DONT SELL! It's that simple. No need for ranting. [az]

itsallstock
12-26-2005, 10:22 AM
get over it if you selled used stuff you get used prices stop bitching about it and post some new parts i can low ball you on any silver parts roof spoiler ???? got a couple of bucks left

Poopie
12-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I started doing real estate......people are going to offer what they think fits the bill. Don't be offended. And don't be offended because because from your original post, your aren't even selling rims..only looking at others.

AGinMN
12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
I usually just offer to come pick up other people's unwanted juink for free, and I dont even charge them any refuse hauling fees....

Maybe I should start. Maybe these guys who expect me to take their unwanted stuff off their hands (for free) are the low-ballers....

envuks
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
bump b/c i love this thread. it makes me laugh every time

3ohAvant
12-31-2005, 01:39 AM
yup, agree with most everyone here..

its worth what someone is willing to pay.

people trying to sell, w/o a price listed should be banned too (although thats how i have tried to sell some of my stuff).

we all want top dollar for our stuff, and we all want to pay bottom dollar to buy stuff. and in the middle is the happy medium.

one8t
01-01-2006, 11:02 AM
My feeling is most of the people looking for high prices got hosed when they bought. They paid stupid prices, so they expect others to pay stupid prices when they decide to sell. It's like a circle of stupidity.

A4oli
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Blau Flash
its a free market economy..

supply and demand..
as the other guy said, that's wy most 3k+ wheels are still for sale...
suggestion?

by 2 sets of wheels

EXACTLY.