PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Question?

DesertA4
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I have a quick question regarding the bluetooth integration. I will be ordering my car after the first of the year with theTechnology Package that contains Bluetooth but won't be paying for the Navigation with the order.

My question is... How hard would it be to hook up the navy unit after the I receive the car? Will it still function as if I had ordered the it with the nav?

German Driver
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by DesertA4
I have a quick question regarding the bluetooth integration. I will be ordering my car after the first of the year with theTechnology Package that contains Bluetooth but won't be paying for the Navigation with the order.

My question is... How hard would it be to hook up the navy unit after the I receive the car? Will it still function as if I had ordered the it with the nav?

Adding the RNS-E to your car will not be a problem at all. Your BT module will be installed already it will be simply a plug and play integration at that point. If you are interested in an RNS-E kit for your car feel free to contact sales@rivalmotorsport.com We have a bnch available and all the kits to couple them.

DesertA4
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Thx GD! I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready.

martini
01-06-2006, 08:15 PM
so you can add the bluetooth without an rns-e? i just have the symphony II

German Driver
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes, you can have BT w/o RNS-E.

APD
01-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by German Driver
Yes, you can have BT w/o RNS-E.

Please explain!

Anthony
01-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I have Bluetooth factory installed in my car, with Symphony. I don't have Nav. BT rules!

BayrischerS4
01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
You just don't get some of the cool functions that the RNS-Ehas to offer.

PROXUS
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by APD
Please explain!

BT function is available on cars withour RNS-E NAV but in this case your phone details and info like Caller ID and Phonebook are displayed on DIS / FIS.

If you have RNS-E then you have way more phone functions available not to mention big display and phone dialing pad (knob)

sttk2k
02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
im also interested in getting my car to be b/t compatible.. i have the symphony II ...is there a bluetooth kit that i need to buy too?

PROXUS
02-12-2006, 08:45 AM
For symphony II you will need mostlikely Telematics or Tech package components (ask your dealer to verify). Full TEL functionality is only possible with RNS-E navigation. In this case you will need:

- RNS-E Telephone harness
- Bluetooth antenna
- Audi Microphone
- TEL interface (ver. B or G)

PROXUS
02-25-2006, 06:56 AM
I will correct my previous statement :D One of the guys (NSX JR) on navplus.us tested Audi OEM BT kit with Symphony II and this setup seems to work fine with Symphony II

teddybgame
03-03-2006, 10:20 PM
yes. I believe you need the steering wheel with the radio buttons on the airbag. For instance, any B6 with Onstar would have this. This would be the only way to control the BT operation.....I believe.

AudiA4b6US
03-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by teddybgame
yes. I believe you need the steering wheel with the radio buttons on the airbag. For instance, any B6 with Onstar would have this. This would be the only way to control the BT operation.....I believe.
You don't get the multifunction steering wheel if you got the Ultrasport, we got only the 3 spoke S-Line steering wheel, no buttons...

German Driver
03-09-2006, 07:20 AM
All BT peripherals are available to purchase through Rival Motorsport. If you have any questions feel free to send us over an emails at sales@rivalmotorsport.com