PDA

View Full Version : Issue with ECS

martini
11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
incase you dont remember this issue:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66433&highlight=nut+pants

shit only gets worse....

not only did the send me 2 right front rotors, when they resent them they sent me a rear rotor.....so then after bitchin with them 2 times, they sent it AGAIN....an i finally got a complete set of rotors....

so now im home for thanksgiving....i do my rears, and start working on the fronts.....

i open my box of "New" PBR metalmaster pads....and they sent me a wrong set.....

incase you dont know...the b5 s4 calipers take 4 pads on each caliper...and 2 of those 4 are one shape, and the other two are another shape....

instead of sending me a complete set (4 of each shape) these ********s sent me 3 of one kind, and 5 of the other...so now my car is in pieces, i am 300 miles from school, and i have no fuckin brakes....

http://www.personal.psu.edu/rdm186/IMG_0208.JPG

all the autoparts stors have them for special order - but still not the PBR metal masters....

i cannot believe what a horrible fuckin experience this has been....

FUCK!

and theyre not open till monday

JeeprageII
11-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Classic. Sounds about right. sorry about the tough break

teamBOB
11-25-2005, 06:05 PM
dayam. sorry to hear bro [:(]
hope things work out asap!

CD-Dubs
11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
I have felt your pain, three years ago I ordered an APR turboback exhaust for my old car (MKIV Jetta), and they "forgot" to send me the downpipe. I had to push back my installation appointment and things got messed up with a client meeting I had that I had coordinated with where my shop is.

Sorry to hear about your frustration and shame on them for not getting their act together.

[rolleyes]

martini
11-25-2005, 07:11 PM
i just cant believe such a reputable company can screw something so simple up....

if they dont own up and help me out, i will spend every last breath bashing them....

my "How To" website in the sig will get a huge Anti-ECS tuning banner.....

vortex, AZ, fortitude, AW, AG will all hear about this one....

heateris
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
ahh, the wonderful world of modding! i have a felling they'll take car of you. this is a big leson learned; always make sure you have all your corect parts before starting...

1/4 scale
11-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry man. I happens to the best of them. I've had nothing but good service from them and would recommend them still. This is not the place to complain tho. Good luck finding a fix.

J. Moss
11-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Wow. Bad times!

I really like the OEM Audi pads. They run a bit dirty but have really good pedal feel and performance.

The PBR MM's last a long time and have minumal dust. But have a really glassy/oil feel that I don't like.

Good luck with whatever you get going.

Jeff

1stVR6
11-25-2005, 11:56 PM
For anyone that care to read more about problems with ECS, please see my signature...

cuco33
11-26-2005, 09:48 AM
i know exactly what u mean about ECS and one of the reasons why i've been extremely skeptical on going back to them

for my vw golf i ordered an audi 5000 turbo front brake upgrade w/rear matching disks (i did the drum to disk conversion)
here were my problems:
1. driver's girling60 dual piston 11" caliper came with significant damage. had to send it back, paying $20-30 in shipping for a new one [headbang]
2. front bads were for an audi a6. how do u mess up vw golf (really audi 5000turbo) and audi a6 is beyond me. sent back and asked for refund on that [headbang]
3. rear brake pads had level sensor (same as front) and i was told to just cut the wire, but one of the retaining clips for the rear pad was not even there, making the pad useless [headbang]
4. one set of the stainless braided brake lines shorter than its supposed to be. my shop guy / tuner (paul from fast.road.specialties) looked at it as he helped me install it and said 'damn dude... this is really cutting it close, if u were short an inch the wheel turning would pull this right out!' ecs said that was the part and they know its short/tight [headbang]
5. the special brake fluid i ordered DIDNT come with the ordered. i had to pay for the extra shipping charges [headbang]

by this time i was at the point of sending EVERYTHING back and getting a full refund, shipping and all. especially since i could have ordered all the parts separately for cheaper but chose the lazy way out and ordered the 'kit' and extras on the same order

than i get screwed once again. the replacement girling60 caliper died on me within 2-3 months. the brake fluid feed line threads were shit, leaking brake fluid extensively. now i DRIVE my cars, i dont baby them. lets just say my normal route home and almost crashing because of a faulty leaking caliper losing brake power scared the shit out of me [headbang] i end up paying out of pocket for the replacement from the original source i was going for. all in all the kit cost me almost double due t shipping charges & cost of final caliper. ecs refunded NOTHING!

when i did contact ECS and told them of ALL my problems; they basically said 'it happens. each order isnt checked separately and those problems are the ones they cant control'. i even sent an email that mysteriously was never replied to. again, no refund, no credit, no nothing but extra money out my wallet. [headbang] [down] [headbang] [down] [headbang]

good luck bro

madrussian
11-26-2005, 10:11 AM
dude... all big companies mess up once in awhile... it sucks that you had to go through all of this and that you could be hit w/ bad luck 2x in a row...

but the guys at ECS are a good group of guys and they'll do everything they can to help you out, call them and talk to them monday. it sucks, don't get me wrong... but you seem waaay pissed off like you're ready to kill someone.

it's just modding at the end of the day, not the end of the world...

xonetruthcrewx
11-26-2005, 10:32 AM
im going through my own problems with them right now, the correct parts are on their way and hopefully that is the end of my problems. we'll see. i feel your frustration though. hopefully that shit works out.

palewhitemale
11-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by madrussian
dude... all big companies mess up once in awhile... it sucks that you had to go through all of this and that you could be hit w/ bad luck 2x in a row...

but the guys at ECS are a good group of guys and they'll do everything they can to help you out, call them and talk to them monday. it sucks, don't get me wrong... but you seem waaay pissed off like you're ready to kill someone.

that's bullshit man, they sent him the wrong parts twice in a row and now he has his brakes off the car to swap them to calipers he currently has no pads for.

in my book that is the end of the world. now he's got to take the time (and brake fluid cost) to put everything back to stock, bleed the system and then do the whole swap again when they finally get around to getting him the parts he's paid for and they already fucked up once. The only other choice is to leave his car in pieces until at least tuesday, and that's assuming they get off their asses and next day him the proper pads.

ECS sucks. Plain and simple. I ended up sitting in their shitty little 'waiting room' for almost an hour, after driving an hour out of my way just to find out that they didn't have the APR code for my ECU yet. AND.... I specifically asked them if they wanted my ECU code when I made the appointment over the phone. 'Nah, don't worry about it, APR has code for every box that's out right now' was the response i got.

-bill

martini
11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
they sent new pads yesterady...hopefully i will get them today

Jason at ECS actually stumbled upon this post and called me right away to apologize for the whole thing....

they realize they dropped the ball on this order, apologized and sent new stuff, so i guess thats all I could ask for...

ill keep you posted

cuco33
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by madrussian

i know about bad luck and being dealt with good guys and bad.
some at ECS i have had good experience with this issue. some bad. why not refund the shipping cost for the original caliper? or refund the cost of the new caliper and/or labor (didn't have time to do it myself)?
boggles my mind to this day and is the sole reason why i hesitate to order anything from them. its like this... if a customer of yours has had bad experience with u, u bend over backwards and try your best to please/satisfy him anyway u can. TT (techtonics tuning) did that with me when i cracked a piston as a result of a faulty HD exhaust spring. they could have said no, its passed the warranty period from when the had a bad batch of HD valve springs (mine was longest it went before failing and i drove my car hard evry day [drive] ) but they went out their way and paid for labor and sent me a new valve spring set and offered to replace any damaged parts on them. didnt have to, but they did. even offered a nice discount on the next purchase i made with them [up]
my experience with ECS is i got the runaround and no returned calls/emails/info on wether i could even get a refund. maybe some bad apple dropped the ball but im not going out my way... feel me?

hey, if ECS can hook me up with anything; discount, refund, etc, i'ld be more than willing to change my attitude towards them. but once burned, i learn... thats my motto

martini
11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
yeah i will keep you all posted on my progress...no brakes today

martini
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
they sent me new brakes, i got them an all looks good...i shipped back the old

we shall see how things go when i install them