PDA

View Full Version : oemhid.com issues

Halbs48
11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
My experience with OEMHID has been subpar at best. I ordered an H7 kit from them for my B5 about 2 months ago and about a month later, one side went out. At first I thought it was the bulb but after testing it out, I figured out both bulbs were fine and it was a ballast problem. It took about a week and a half for OEMHID to contact me back and he told me to send him the defective part and he would replace it. Over two weeks later, I still haven't received the replacement ballast. I've only received two e-mails from them, the first telling me to send them the defective part and the second about a week ago saying they were "tracking" my ballast for me. To make matters worse, I tried contacting the site with a different e-mail concerning a sales inquiry and not surprisingly that got a response.

To recap, I got a kit a little over two months ago, and one of the ballasts malfunctioned about a month later. A week and a half after contacting OEMHID about the problem, I was finaly e-mailed back and was told to return the defective part. Two and a half weeks later, I have still received nothing and the only contact was an e-mail saying the package was being tracked. It has been a horrible experience overall. I had functioning HID's for all of one month and the rest of the time has consisted of constantly checking my e-mail for a repsonse from OEMHID. I would not recommend this site to anyone looking for a hassle-free HID setup.

EDIT: I'm usually on AudiForums but I was told to post here since OEMHID does a lot of business on here. Just wanted to warn everyone.

Daft
11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I read a post a couple days ago that Jackson was over in Asia right now on business. That's probably the reason why you've been waiting so long.

Jackson is usually a very reliable person to deal with and you might be one of 3 people that I've seen that have had some delays with his service.

Otherwise, there's got to be about 30 or 40 people on this forum that have bought a kit or bulbs from him.

BTW, did you try swapping the ballasts to ensure that it was the ballast that failed?

diegomatrix
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
hmm... that's uncharacteristic of jackson,
he's usually very very quick to respond and very quick with his service....

so.. yea...i think you were just the lone unfortunate one to get the short end here...

but at least there's comfort in knowing that we all know he's not one to scam people... have patience and he'll come through for you!

EVIL-AUDI
11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Wrong forum

Halbs48
11-10-2005, 08:08 PM
If he was on vacation, all he had to do was say so and I'd be more understandable. I feel like I've been extremely patient since it's been over a month. How long has he been on vacation? Please keep in mind that I'm not posting this a week after it went out and complaining. I'm just posting on here so I can get a better response and to get some feedback. I heard that he was on here often so I thought I'd give it a shot. For example, had I not posted, I wouldn't have known he was on vacation. So thanks for that info.

BTW, I have swapped the ballasts to make sure it was a ballast problem.

9744RR
11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Shouldn't he be able to read his emails anywhere?

Halbs48
11-12-2005, 01:57 PM
It finally got resolved. Thanks for the input everyone.