PDA

View Full Version : Very unhappy with ECS

TheBlueMartin
09-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, thanks to ECS, Im now tearing my 4.2 down AGAIN for the THIRD time this summer. But its MY problem that the water pumps they sell leak, so Ill have to buy one from a dealership like I should have done in the first place.

Nothing like doing an 6 hour job....two more times than it should have taken, plus LOOSING money shipping the peice of crap Hepu pumps back to them just to get the original price back. [mad]

I will never buy or recommend anything from ECS again
Bad form! [down]

DRA4
09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Well i got the timing belt kit and water pump for my A4 from them, not a problem, thank God.

robots_are_neon
09-21-2005, 10:11 PM
my expierence with ECS has been hit or miss

Pan-Handler
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
ECS has always been top notch with everything that me and my friends have ordered. Props to ECS, great company.

Hassmeister
09-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I haven't had any problems yet.

ECS Tuning-Tom
09-22-2005, 08:51 PM
I fully understand the frustration that you are going through, I know what/how you are feeling because I/we have been in this type situation before, but I like to offer some facts in this case & others.

1.We do not manufacture the pumps, although we do distribute a few brand name of pumps, just because a few go bad does not make the company that is selling those specific pumps a bad company.

2.The pumps we use are pumps that are high quality name brand pumps. (Hepu, Graf, Laso to name a few) We have used some of these name brands for years (some 10+) without any major problems. The chances of getting 1 bad pump is slim, the chances of getting 2 bad ones is extremely slim. I have seen it happen but once every 4-5 years. If you have had this experience then I understand your venting & frustration, but I would like to say this is not the normal, in fact it's extremely rare.

3.We do sell water pump brands that you don't see elsewhere. Quite a few "German" parts suppliers sell these same pumps with the same good results as we have with them. Again, a bad pump here/there does not make any company a bad company. Unfortunately it happens every once in a while & we are left to do what we can.

4.A few of the water pumps that were returned to us for leaking over the years(not pointing this particular instance out) were found to be leaking at the gasket not the pump, this is a install error. Of course, the company(s) & pump(s) take the misplaced blame in these circumstances.

5.Faulty parts happen in this industry, we try to stick with brands that we had good success with over the 43 years that we have been in business. This helps us sell strong brands to our customers.

6. Since we have been in business there has never been a water pump manufacture (even OEM) that pays toward labor time spent removing the faulty part. It's just part of the business that nobody likes but has to deal with it.

7.We did what we could & that is to stand behind the pumps that we sell & offer refunds or exchanges on the faulty part.

imola_Jon
09-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry 'bout your issues Blue.

I've had great expierence w/ ECS every time I deal w/ them. In fact i just placed an order 2 days ago & it was on my door step when I got home today.

Pan-Handler
09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Again, ECS is a great company. I try to order everything I can from them. Fast shipping, great customer serice.

CyberPMG
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm lucky to be able to drive over to ECS and get the work done there. All of them (Tom, Brian, Paul, Adam, etc.) are very friendly and knowledgeable with Audis and VWs. They're more than willing to help out with performance needs along with general maintinence needs. I'm very happy with the products offered and the service provided. [wrench] [drive] [race]

joeya103
10-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I, too, goto ECS whenever I need car parts. Good service from car places is hard to find sometimes, so I rely on ECS for most everything.

Sorry to hear about your pump problems though bro, that must suck =(

Ro Ro
10-07-2005, 05:27 PM
No problems with them for me