PDA

View Full Version : Coilover with EDC help

film_god
03-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Just bought my 2010 S5 with lowering springs installed by previous owner. The ride height is nice but the ride quality is TERRIBLE! Now, maybe I jumped the gun a little bit but I was so upset with the ride quality that I was experiencing, I went ahead and ordered a set of PSS10's the day after I bought the car. The coilovers have been sitting in a box on my floor for the last two weeks as I'm unsure what to do next. I understand that installing coilovers will throw an EDC error light and the only ways to correct that are to buy the KW cancellation kit or to use VAG-Com to override it(?). Part of me wants to go ahead and just install them + pay the extra money for the cancellation kit but once all is said and done I'll be out a pretty good chunk of change for a car that I initially bought as a daily driver and the occasional Sunday morning drive through some curvy mountain roads. Would I be missing out on anything aside from being able to adjust the dampening on the fly by installing the coilovers? I've read quite a few threads on people's thoughts on the quality of the coilovers themselves but I'm new to the whole EDC thing. Would I be better off selling the Bilsteins and finding a set of better quality springs in order to keep the EDC (along a few extra dollars in my pocket?) or all these PSS10's really the end all be all to the world's suspension troubles? Is the EDC error code really that serious an issue?

Beast
03-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I ran H&R coils on my A5 with adaptive dampening. I did not miss it that much as I really never used the feature. I also found the KW EDC kit on here from another member who didn't need them so I got them for a really good price. Before I had them, the error light didn't really bother me tbh, it just beeps and lights up on the dash on startup. Keep the PSS10 imo, you have adjustable dampening so find your perfect setting and enjoy.

film_god
03-10-2015, 06:27 PM
I ran H&R coils on my A5 with adaptive dampening. I did not miss it that much as I really never used the feature. I also found the KW EDC kit on here from another member who didn't need them so I got them for a really good price. Before I had them, the error light didn't really bother me tbh, it just beeps and lights up on the dash on startup. Keep the PSS10 imo, you have adjustable dampening so find your perfect setting and enjoy.

Thanks for the advice.

I've just learned that my car, in fact, doesn't have the electronic dampers. Apparently, cars with he sport differential only have the options to adjust the engine response, steering feel, and differential- not the dampers. Guess I don't have to worry about that error code! Installing the Bilsteins this weekend [:D]